Chapter 10: "Say Goodbye Joshua"

My Last Words

    Joshua reaches upon an abandoned factory at dawn. The factory seemed familiar. Flashbacks hit Joshua.

 

***Joshua’s Flashback as kids***

 

    “Jisoo! Catch me if you can!” Joshua ran across the hallway where machines kept going in the factory. Their family owned that place.

    “Joshua, you’re too fast for me.” Jisoo stopped and put his hands on his knees while breathing hard.

    “You !” Joshua walked back and bent down. Jisoo got onto Joshua’s back.

    “Hyung, you are the best.” Jisoo wrapped his arms around Joshua's neck,.

 

***END of Joshua’s Flashback***

 

    Joshua pulled out a flashlight and pointed it around the building. He had no clue why the phone he tracked led him to his family's abandoned factory. He walked towards the factory carefully watching his back also just incase something weird was up. He touched the door of the factory, but it wasn’t opening. He bent down and moved the door mat to the side and picked up the key to open the door. As he opened the door, the door creaked open. Spider webs everywhere. Rats running back into their holes. Cockroaches running around. He remembered where everything was and what rooms were used for. He remembered everything of that place.

    Joshua checked out an old room where he was really familiar with. There were photos of his family everywhere. Only one picture caught his eyes, him and Jisoo in one picture. He smiled and walked out the room and continued to look for Hyori.

    He slowly walked up the old stairs that were rusty. There was a room at the end of the hallway. The only room left in the factory that he hasn’t checked yet. Joshua put his hand on the doorknob and opened it. There Hyori was tied half an inch off the ground not even close to standing. Joshua ran towards her.

    “Hyori...wake up!!!” Joshua patted her cheek.

    Hyori slowly woke up and opened her eyes. She blinked many times to clear her vision.

    “Joshua?” Her voice cracked.

    “I’m right here. Who did this to you?”

    “I’m so sorry...so sorry...our baby…”

    “I know. What’s most important is to get you out of here.”

    “Our baby is dead.” Hyori looked down at her wounded stomach.

    Jisoo walked up behind Joshua and hit him with a bat on his back. Joshua fell to the ground and grunted.

    “Awe. How does it feel to lose something so important to you.” Jisoo walked in the room.

    Joshua quickly turned around and saw someone who looked exactly like him.

    “I thought-” Joshua couldn’t understand how Jisoo could be alive.

    “I died? Nah. I faked my death. Couldn’t stand another day with you.” Jisoo cut off Joshua walking to the side.

    “I don’t understand.”

    “Of course you don’t. I have always envied you. Always better, smarter, even my own dead girlfriend chose you over me. I was the one who killed Iseul. She and I had history before you two had chemistry together. She was mine until you showed up. You never knew she was the love of my life because you never cared about me.”

    “You and Iseul?”

    “You just don’t know do you. How it feels when the person you love chooses the other twin over the other one. I couldn’t take it anymore, so I faked my death by blowing up our house which made it looked like I died. I watched every move you made with Iseul. Then I killed her and ever since you started falling in love with this girl who shares the same face as Iseul, you just did her wrong. Now you’re gonna feel the pain I went to.” Jisoo walked over to Hyori.

    Joshua kicks his leg out and trips Jisoo. Jisoo falls to the ground on two hands and takes a look at Joshua.

He got up and had his fists up. “So this is how you want to do it.”

Joshua got up and stretched out his back where he got hit.

Jisoo ran and wrapped his hands around Joshua’s waist. They flew and hit the glass window which caused it to shatter. Jisoo sat on top of Joshua and punched Joshua’s face a couple of time. Joshua caught his fist and threw it back. Joshua hit his face with heavy force which caused him to fall to the side. Joshua got up and so did Jisoo. Jisoo pulled out his gun and pointed it at Joshua. (I at writing fighting scenes…)

“Say goodbye Joshua.” Jisoo smirked.

Joshua threw a shattered glass piece at Jisoo and Jisoo pulled the trigger. The glass piece stabbed Jisoo in the left side of his chest and the bullet shot to Joshua’s right side of his chest. Jisoo fell to the ground. As soon as Hyori heard the gunshot she stared at the empty door.

“No…Joshua…” She forced her hand out of the rope and her skin ripped. She fell on one knee and walked towards the door while limping. Joshua saw her at the door and ran towards her.

“Are you okay?” Joshua cared for her.

“Yeah just a couple of wounds.”

Joshua turned to look at Jisoo. Jisoo already stood before him and jabbed the glass piece that Joshua used into Joshua’s stomach. Joshua held his hand and glass piece with grip. Jisoo and Joshua looked at eachother in the eye. Hyori pulled Joshua’s gun out of his pants and pointed at Jisoo’s forehead.

“Bye .” She pulled the trigger and Jisoo fell to the ground for the last time.

“Joshua…you're going to be okay. If I’m okay you’re going to be okay.” Hyori shed tears as Joshua touched her cheek and closed his eyes.

Doyoon walked into the the room with police officers. He pulled Hyori away from Joshua.

“Let go of me!” Hyori fought Doyoon and fainted.

 

***

 

Hyori and Joshua in hospital uniform slept in one room together as Doyoon slept on the couch watching them over night. Hyori awoke when the doctors came in. The doctors checked both Hyori and Joshua and left. Joshua finally awoke and Hyori got off the bed and stood next to him as Doyoon watched.

“Hey...” Hyori held his hand.

“Hi beautiful.” Joshua smiled.

The Doctor Soonyoung and updated them on some information.

“Well apparently Mrs. Hong you are having twins. A girl and a boy. Congratulations.” Doctor Soonyoung patted Joshua on the shoulder.

“Did you hear that Joshua? Our kid is still alive.” Hyori cried.

“Our kids. There’s two of them.” Joshua and Hyori hugged each other.

“Let’s call our daughter Iseul.”

“And our son Jisoo.”

They pulled away from each other and kissed.

“Congrats.” Doyoon butted in.

“Oh. Thanks for coming after I messaged you.” Joshua thanked him.

“No problem. Anything for both of you.”

Hyori smiled at Joshua as he also smiled back. (THE END. HAPPY ENDING TO THEM I THINK….. :P)