Chapter 5: Deja Vu

My Last Words

Joshua quickly took off his shirt and ripped it into a long stip. He tie it around her tiny waist. He slipped his arms under her legs and lifted her off the ground. He carried her out the door and laid her in the back seat. He got in the car and drove off in high speed.

 

***

 

    He parked in front of the emergency area and carried her out. He fast walked into the automatic sliding doors.

    “I need help!” Joshua yelled.

    The doctors quickly strolled a bed towards him. He lifted her onto the bed. As they strolled her into the surgery room Joshua held her hand for the first time.

    “Hyori please…” His voice shook.

    “Sir, please wait out here. We’ll let you know everything as soon as possible.” The doctors disappeared behind the doors. Joshua turned and punched the wall.

 

*THREE HOURS LATER*

 

    “Are you Hyori’s boyfriend?” The doctor asked as he came out the doors.

    “Yes, I mean no.” Joshua thought about Isuel instead of Hyori for a bit.

    “I’m Dr. Soonyoung (Hoshi is a ING DOCTOR WHAT!? LOL HOT AF) She’s in a high chance of being in coma. Her blood type is really rare to find. Only some out of many people have blood type O-. Right now our hospital doesn’t have enough blood for her. I don’t think we can help her. You can see her right now before times out.” Dr. Soonyoung lead him into Hyori’s room. “I’ll give you all the time you need.”

    Joshua walked slowly towards Hyori and his beautiful eyes began to tear up. IV bags were hooked as it went into the clear tube, through the needle, and into her arm. He looked down at her hand as he went on his knees and slowly lock hands with hers. He sniffed as his tears fell and pulled her hand to his lips. At this moment Joshua felt useless. It felt like deja vu. Flashbacks of Isuel shot back at him once again and then Hyori.     

    “I can’t bare to lose another. Please come back to me...if I only had been right there in that room with you. I’m so sorry.” He broke down in tears trying to catch his breath at the same time. These were the last words that Joshua had said as the thought of her leaving will be anytime soon.     

    As Joshua looked at her, she also shed a tear. That made him cry even more as he wiped it. The heart monitor went off. He looked at the monitor as her heart beat faded away. The doctors came in and Joshua backed away in bloodshot teary eyes. Dr. Soonyoung and his team performed electrical cardioversion on her.

    “11:34 p.m. time of death.” Dr. Sooyoung look away from his watch then to Hyori.

    Hyori’s heart beat started beating again. It was a miracle. Joshua ran to her and held her hand in happiness.

    “She’s not giving up just yet. We’ll try our best to look for blood type O-.” Dr. Soonyoung patted Joshua with a smile.

    “Thank you!” Joshua thanked happily as the doctors left.

    He sat and gazed at her for hours until the doctor came in. He turned and saw that it was Dr. Soonyoung again.

    “Good news. Someone donated blood to her.” Dr. Soonyoung spoke to Joshua.

    “May I know who it was? I wanted to thank him.” Joshua got up.

    “He didn’t say his name, but he did mention that he was Hyori’s boyfriend.”

    Joshua was confused. He didn’t know that she had a boyfriend or mentioned anything about it. Hyori’s so called boyfriend stepped into the room. He was tall, handsome, cute as , black hair, and dressed nicely (dressed like a boy JK lol) with a bokay of flowers. He stood face to face with Joshua.