Chapter 7: "Nowhere is safe for me"

My Last Words

Joshua ran towards her and pulled her into his chest. “Hyori take deep slow breaths.”

    Hyori did as he said. She took very deep breaths until she can maintain herself.

    Joshua pulled her away from his chest. “I will never hurt you.”

    “But-”

    “You were probably just having bad dreams. You're safe now” Joshua cut her off and he didn’t mention anything about who stabbed her.

    She felt confused as she nodded her head. She felt that she couldn’t trust him, but she also felt that she can trust him. “I think I’m just thinking too much. It’s probably a bad dream.” She laid back onto the bed. “What happened after I was stabbed?”

    “I took you to the hospital and you were in the processes of getting surgery. You lost so much blood and the hospital couldn’t find any O- blood types for you. We lost your heart beat, but you didn’t give up.” Joshua tucked her hair behind her ear and held her hands.

    “So… I almost died. How did they manage to get blood for me?”

    Joshua totally forgot about her so called boyfriend. After remembering, Joshua forgot that she already had a boyfriend. He let go of her hands and stood up with his back faced her. “Your boyfriend donated you blood.”

    “Boyfriend?” Hyori said quietly to herself.

    Doyoon opened the door and walked in.

    “There goes your boyfriend. I’ll leave you two alone.” Joshua felt jealousy again. It was written all over his face.

    “Doyoon is not my boyfriend.” Hyori spoke out.

    “Who said I was your boyfriend?” Doyoon questioned. “Oh. I meant I was her boy “friend”. Not boyfriend. I should’ve said guy friend.” He let out a smile.

    Joshua felt relief and stared at him with a face. (LOL)

 

    Doyoon walked over to Hyori and sat on her bed while holding her hand. Joshua looked at him then at their hands. He was really annoyed by Doyoon's actions and he left the room.
    "What's up with him?" Doyoon looked at Hyori with one eyebrow up.
    "I...I don't know" she let out a sigh.

 

***

 

    Days past as Hyori's wound slowly healed. Doctor Soonyoung examined her cut and cleaned it up.
    "Your skin is coming together, so you will be able to move around with no difficulties. You're actually the first patient that ever healed this fast and you're ready to leave the hospital tomorrow night."

    Joshua smiled back at doctor Soonyoung. This was the first time Hyori ever seen Joshua this happy. Ever since they met he was always grumpy looking. She wondered what changed him.

    Joshua put his hand on her head. "Well since you're getting better. I'm going to go home and removed everything because we can't stay there anymore. We gotta be somewhere safe. I'll get Doyoon to come watch you and I'll be back later at night to come pick you up." Joshua texted Doyoon to get his to the hospital who only lived in the apartments across the street. Doyoon entered the room within three minutes.
Joshua said in a low voice. "If anything happens to Hyori, I will kill you." Joshua left out the door. Even if he couldn't trust him he knew that Doyoon was pretty close to her.

 


 

***

 

    Joshua drove back to the hospital in the chilly night as the fog creeped onto the road. Joshua parked his car and made it up to the floor Hyori's room was. The elevator opened. The hallway was pitch black. No lights were on, it was as if this floor was abandoned. Joshua was worried about Hyori, but it was too dark to see. He took out his phone for the light. He shined his light in a very direction to find his way. He came across the hallway light and turn it on.
 

There were dead bodies on the floor, bodies of patients. Joshua assumed that they were dragged out from their rooms and were killed. He turn to the office desk next to him and the nurse’s throat has been slit. Maybe the killer didn’t want nobody to find out what’s happening on this floor. He walked over to the dead patient on the floor. Her body was still warm. The killer hasn’t left this floor yet. He then remembered that Hyori was still on this floor. He stormed over to her room and everything was on the ground. Joshua freaked out. Hyori is in danger. Where can she be right now?

    Hyori hiding under the desk where the nurse died. Her whole body shook. She had been hiding there ever since the murdering had started. She wondered if Joshua had forgotten her by now.  She shed a few tears and wiped them as she sniffed. Footsteps approached her and she moved back. Her elbow hit the desk and made a loud thud. The person stop in front of her and turned towards her. She covered as she thought to herself that it was gonna be her last time on earth. The last person she thought of was just Joshua. The person walked towards her and bent down.

    “Joshua…” She crawled out and hugged him so tight in tears, crying out loud.

    “I thought I lost you again.” Joshua closed his eyes and laid his hand on her head.

    As they hugged romanticly a man in a hood showed up behind Joshua.

    “Joshua…” Hyori stopped crying and was in shock.

    Joshua knew that there was someone behind them. He turned when the man ran towards him with a knife. He cut Joshua on the arm as Joshua hit his hand. The guy swung at Joshua as he dodged side to side blocking every move from the guy. Joshua kicked him in the stomach which caused him to hit the ground. The guy turned to look at Hyori. He stood up and grabbed her by the hair. He held his knife to her neck. Joshua stood still with big eyes. If he moved he knew he would lose her any moment. Her hand moved around the desk next to her as she finds something to use as a weapon. Her hand came across a pair of sharp, pointy scissors. She grabbed them and jammed them into his left eye. The guy let go of her and grunted in pain trying to pull out the scissor. She ran towards Joshua.

    “Let’s go.” Joshua took her by the hand and ran. They turned left towards the elevator and Hyori stopped.

    “I don’t think I can go anymore.” She moaned while putting her hand on her wound that hasn’t completely healed yet.

Joshua looked at the wheelchair that was 10 feet down the hallway. He ran for the wheelchair while Hyori stood next to the elevator. The guy pulled the scissor out of his eye and walked towards Hyori. Hyori looked at Joshua who was still down the hall and turned back to look at the guy who was 3 feet away with his gun. She backed up and grabbed a wooden board in the pile of broken woods that were on the ground (the boards were suppose to be discarded from a broken wooden box). The wooden board had a nail in it. She swung it at the dude and it jammed his right arm. He took the board out of her hand and threw it on the floor. He walked towards her as she ran towards Joshua. She pushed the boxes that were at the side of her. The guy tripped on the boxes and his gun slid to her feet. She grabbed the guy's gun on the floor and continued running towards Joshua. Joshua opened the elevator and pushed the wheelchair in. He ran to Hyori and swiped her off her feet in bridal style. He ran into the elevator and Hyori clicked the button to close the door. They were relieved.

Joshua put her down in the wheelchair.

“You know when Doyoon left me to run some errands I thought I was safe here in the hospital. But things got weird. Patients were getting killed and I hid for my life. I sat there afraid of what might have happened to me. Nowhere isn’t safe for me anymore. I just don’t understand why.” Hyori cried in tears as she cupped .

Joshua bent down to her. “I came for you and that’s all it matters. Me, is where it’s the safest for you.”

He wiped her tears and looked into her eyes and down her lips. He leaned in closer to her face as the elevator opened. Joshua turn and the guy from earlier stood before them.