Chapter 2: 'Iseul has a Twin?'

My Last Words

Years later after Iseul’s death Joshua got himself into the stage of being a detective. He worked hard just to get into Iseul’s murdered case to put those murders down for good and Iseul can finally rest in peace.

    Joshua stood in front of his boss waiting to hold Iseul’s murder case.

    “Joshua Hong. You are officially a detective in Iseul’s murder case.” His boss let out his hand for a handshake.

    Joshua shook his hand. “Thank you sir.”

    “As you go into your office. There will be a box from there you can handle it.”

    Joshua bowed at him and walked out of his office and into his own personal office. A box was on his wooden desk with a desktop computer. He pulled out his chair to sit and lifted the lid of the box onto the desk. The first thing he saw was Iseul’s name and the files to her murder case with pictures of the accident, security cameras on the highway, her records, and the gun that she was killed by in a clear bag. Joshua got straight to work when he first put his hands on that box. He went through all the information and evidence there was.

    His phone rang and he answered. “Hello, this is detective Hong.”

    The unknown person and Joshua talked for a bit.

    “Coffee shop at 7. Hope to see you there sir.” Joshua hung up.

 

***

 

Joshua walked over to the coffee shop as planned. It was so cold that he wore a big coat. He opened the door and stepped inside the warm heated coffee shop. He let out a sigh and rubbed his hands together to get them warm. A young tall boy walked over to Joshua in a waiter outfit ready to serve him.

“Hello there, I’m Mingyu. Today’s my first day working. Please follow me to your table.”

Joshua followed him as he led.

“What can I get for you sir?” Mingyu asked.

“I’ll just get a black coffee without any sugar or creamer.” Joshua replied to him.

“Is that all?”

“Yes.”

“Your coffee will be right up, sir.”

“Thank you. Here’s your tip. You did a great job for your first time.” Joshua handed Mingyu hundred bucks.

Mingyu have never seen anybody this generous to give hundred bucks as a tip.

He smiled. “Thank you sir.”

“No problem.” Joshua replied with a straight face.

As Joshua was waiting for his coffee he was looking at a guy with a black hoodie. He looked like he would cause some trouble anytime soon. Joshua’s eyes followed him as he walked pasted a young woman and snatched her bag as the women still clinged to her bag.

“Let go of my purse.” The woman yelled.

The guy smacked her across the face and she let go of her purse. She fell to the ground and laid her hand where she was smacked. Joshua took in action and ran after him. Joshua jumped over the tables as he ran.

“Stop right there!” Joshua yelled.

Joshua was so close to him and jumped towards him to grabbed him by the waist. They rolled onto the floor and hit the tables. The guy punched Joshua in the face. Joshua caught his hand and pushed him to the other side and got on top of him. Joshua punched him. He pushed Joshua off him and stood on his feet. He took out a pocket knife to use as a weapon. Joshua didn’t have a weapon, but his bare hands. He came right at Joshua swinging right to left. Joshua dodged and took a hold of the guy’s risk. Joshua grabbed a wine bottle from the table next to him and hit his head. The guy backed up losing his balance and Joshua kicked him in the face. He fell to the ground. Joshua walked over to him to cuff him and took off his hood. He searched the guys pants for his wallet. He took it out and saw the ID card.

“Xu Minghao, seventeen years old. Boy you're quite young. Don’t ever touch a woman like that ever again. Learn from your mistakes or next time you’ll meet me again.” Joshua pushed him to the police car that was waiting for the guy outside.

Joshua went back inside.

Mingyu walked to him and gave him his coffee. “That was awesome, but now I have to clean up.”

“Here’s another hundred for messing up the place.” Joshua handed him the money.

A man walked into the coffee shop. Maybe around the age forty to fifty. He walked towards Joshua with his hands in his coat and sat down.

“Hong Joshua, it’s nice to see you again son.”

Joshua nodded, “I’m sorry about your daughter, Jongin. I should’ve been right with her, but-”

“It’s not your fault, let her go in peace. I have a bigger problem.” Jongin took out a picture. “This is my daughter Hyori, Iseul’s twin.”

Joshua’s face froze. Just seeing another person who looks like Iseul brought him memories back.

“Iseul has a twin?” Joshua was confused.

“They were separated when they were just babies, about six months old. I got into a fight with their mother and she ran away with Hyori. She abused Hyori and didn’t raise her properly. Hyori would go out all night and not come home. She loved Iseul more than Hyori. All she wanted was to see Iseul one last time, but she died the day before Iseul’s accident. Who ever killed Iseul is after Hyori. I need you to find out who it is and protect her. Please Joshua.”

Joshua couldn’t protect someone who shared the same face as Isuel, but he couldn’t just refuse it. “I will everything I can, sir.”

“Thank you. You’re doing me a huge favor. I can never ask for more.” Jongin put his hand on his shoulders. “She will be at the train station. And don’t tell her about Iseul. She had already lost one, she can’t bare to lose another.” Jongin walked out the door.

 

***

 

Joshua drives to the train station to pick up Hyori. As he drives memories of Iseul approaches him. How can he face someone who looks like Iseul?

He parks at the parking lot and walks into the train station. He turns left to right just in case she was was out of the train earlier than expected. He walks over to the board that tells when a passenger gets off the train. Her train was original supposed to arrive an hour ago, but here were technical difficulties with the train.

After waiting for an hour her train finally arrive. Joshua stood up from his seat and walked towards the train where passengers were coming out of. He looks around to find her. A girl with dark brown hair steps down from the train with a white dress with heels on. She stands by the train waiting for the mysteries person to come for her. Joshua stares at her like he was staring into her soul. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. How can she look much more prettier than Iseul. (Don’t hate me for saying a twin is prettier than the other when they look the same. WTF, LOL) Joshua laid eyes on someone who was on the roof top holding a rifle at her. Ready to aim at her. Joshua runs to her. Hyori looks at Joshua as if why the hell is someone gonna tackle her pretty down. (LOL) He jumps to her and pulled her into his arms and tumbled onto the ground.

“What the hell was that!?” Hyori raised her voice and slapped him.

The guy on the roof pulled the trigger and Joshua made another roll with her.

“What the hell was that for. I just saved your life.” Joshua said while frowning his eyebrows.

Guys with caps came running at them with guns. Joshua looked behind and took her by the hand. He pulled her up and ran with her. The guys shot as they ran after Joshua and her.

“Where are you taking me?” Hyori stopped and let go of his hand.

“Do you wanna die? I mean I can leave you here, but I can’t.” Joshua took her by the hand again.

“Wait. My feet hurts. Can I just take off my heels first.”

Joshua let out a sigh and took off her heels. “Can you run with bare foot?”

“Let’s go before we die right here.” Hyori took Joshua by the hand.

She was familiar with this kind of stuff. Running from others. Back where she lived she would leave home and come home late causing trouble. More like a badass, but she wasn’t strong enough to defeat others.

Joshua was surprised by her actions.

“Here, this way. We can lose them.” She pulled him turning corners until they got into a small hiding spot. She pulled him into the small space between two walls, almost like a crack. She put her hands on his chest without noticing. They watched as the bad guys ran past them. She turned to look at him and their faces were so close to touching.

“My bad, but I think we lost them.” She patted him on the chest and walked out of the small place.

Joshua followed her. He didn’t expect all of that from her. He thought she would be like Iseul who was innocent and delicate.

“So I guess you are my bodyguard?” Hyori said with a pale face while putting her hand onto her stomach.

“I’ll explain everything later until we get to a safer place.” Joshua looked at her pale face and white dress she wore. There was blood on it. “You're bleeding.”

She looked down where she put her hand and started to lose her balance. Everything around her was getting fuzzy. Joshua ran to catch her. She was already shot while they were at the train station, but she didn’t want to cause him any trouble. She held onto the pain the whole time they were running to get the bad guys lost. Joshua carried her bridal style and walked off.