I Love You

My Last Words

Joshua and Iseul slept on one bed. Cuddling each other as the sun peeked through the window.

“Wake up babe.” Joshua kissed Iseul on the lips.

Iseul gently pushed Joshua’s face away and turned to the other side. “I’m gonna sleep in.”

Joshua scooted over and back hugged her. He curled his fingers into hers. She

turned around. “You never-”

Joshua pecked her lips. “I’ll make breakfast.”

Joshua quickly got on his feet and put on his robe. He opened the door and off he went into the kitchen. Iseul smiled as she watch him disappear from the room. She got up and went to the bathroom to get washed up.

Joshua listens to the song ‘20’ by Seventeen (let's just say he didn’t sing to 20, heheheee) while cooking breakfast. Joshua laid pancakes with syrup onto the table. Glass of wine in wine glass cups. Iseul walks out to the kitchen seeing him set up the table.

“Fancy.” She .

“Gotta be romantic to you babe.” He walked over to her and put his arms around her waist then down to her .

“Don’t have to get all touchy.”

Joshua leaned in to kiss her, but she laid one finger on his lips. “I had enough of American Oppa for breakfast.” She pulls away from Joshua and walks over to the table. She sits down and stares at the unfamiliar food.

She lifts the plate up. “What’s this dough looking thing with syrup?”

“It’s an American food. I used to love eating it back in L.A.” Joshua sits down and slices the pancake with the butter knife.

“Here try some.” He fed it to her. “How is it?”

“It tastes bitter.”

“Really?” Joshua puts a piece of pancake in his mouth to see if it was actually bitter.

“I’m just joking. Everything you cook is perfection.” Iseul kissed his lips.

 

***

 

Iseul walks down to the garage after working in her office. The noises from her heels echoed as she took out her keys. Her car beeped to unlock the doors and she got inside. She drove off and a mysterious car followed her. She didn’t even notice. Diving on the freeway the car that followed her hit the of her car. She braked as her car screeched. She couldn’t control her car as she turned the steering wheel. Her car went off the highway into another part of the highway.

Glass cut her eyes and she couldn’t see. All she could do was scream in pain. She crawled out of the car as the glass cut her legs. The guy stepped on her back and she fell and hit her chin hard on the cement.

“Why… why… why are you doing this?” Iseul questioned as she cried touching her bleeding eyes.

“Because life isn’t fair.” the deep voice spoke to her.

He held a gun to her head with gloves on. Poor Iseul couldn’t see what was pointed directly to her and the bullet went through her head. Her head fell to the ground. He put the gun into her hands which left her fingerprints on it. He made it as if she had killed herself. The unknown man walked away into the dark.

 

***

 

Joshua was driving home and his phone rang.

He picked up his phone and answered it. “Hello?”

“Is this Hong Joshua?” the person spoke.

“Yes it is.”

“Iseul has passed away in a car accident. I’m sorry for your lost.”

Joshua dropped his phone and was in shock. A big truck came his way and crashed into his car. His car flipped over and all he heard was just a piercing sound going on and on. Everything around him became blurry and his eyes slowly closed.

 

    ***

 

“I want to see her!” Joshua yelled at the doctors and the security.

“I’m sorry, but you have to rest before you can see her.” The security held Joshua back.

“I don’t give a ing .” Joshua pushed the security to the wall.

A manly figure stood in front of Joshua.

“Are you Hong Joshua?” The man in the suit asked.

“Yes. I’m Hong Joshua.”

“I’m officer Seungcheol (S.Coups)-”

“All I’m asking is to see Iseul one last time. Please.”

“That’s why I’m here. Please follow me.”

Joshua followed Officer Seungcheol to the storage where they keep the dead bodies in 24/7 on watch. He opened the door and Joshua walked in. Officer Seungcheol walked over and pulled out Iseul. Joshua lifted the white sheet off the dead body.

“I-I-Iseul…” Joshua eyes began to water. He clung onto her hands and cried onto her chest. “I should’ve came to you. This wouldn’t have happened. If I just-” Joshua blamed himself for Iseul’s death. He kissed her purple lips and his tears fell onto her cheeks. “I’ll hunt them down and you’ll be in peace Iseul.”

Even if she couldn’t hear him he said his last words to her. “I love you.”