The Emergency Part. 2

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Secretary Lee, please wrap up the presentation for tomorrow. I believe we can go through with this deal if we look super confident.” I hand my secretary some materials for him to work on.

“Iye, I’ll do that.”

“And now we’ll talk about the next project to propose to the city council. Have you seen this map? This is the city plan for the next…” my brief is interrupted by a phone call. I take a glance to my phone and see TaecYeon’s name in it.

“Wait a second, Mr. Lee,” then I answer the phone, “Yeoboseyo, TaecYeon-ssi.”

“Please tell me you’re in Seoul.” He replies. He sounds like he’s been running and tries so hard to catch his breath.

“Hello to you too, I am in Seoul, is something happened?” I’m alarmed now.

“Can you do me a favor?”

“Say it.”

“Please go to my apartment. The passcode is 5555.” He’s taking his breath, “AeRi’s in labor, her water just broke and I’m in a taxi ride from Incheon. Please KyuHyun-ssi, help her. I’m afraid if she waits for me it’ll be too late.”

“I’m on it, you call the doctor and ask the hospital to prepare for her delivery.” I put the phone down and adjourn the meeting right away. I run to my car, ignites the engine and drive as fast as I could to DongDaeMun. The traffic around 5 o’clock is hell. People are trying to get home as quick as they can once the working hour ended. This will be a very unpleasant ride for AeRi later on.

I arrived at their home within twenty minutes, I climb the stair—I’m too panic to wait for the elevator—and enter the passcode TaecYeon told me earlier before I let myself in into their home.

I have no time to look around and comment on the interior or surroundings, my focus is only to find AeRi. This is a studio apartment, I don’t have to look around to find her, but she’s nowhere in sight.

“AeRi-ya!” I call her name.

“TaecYeon-a, I’m here.” I hear a sound from the bathroom.

I come to the source of her sound and find her sitting inside the bath up.

“AeRi-ya, come on, I’ll take you to the hospital.” I wrap my arms beneath her shoulder and behind her knee to lift her up.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” she looks confuse by the fact that I’m the one that comes.

“TaecYeon called me, said you’re in labor, he’s on his way but we believe I’ll get here faster.”

“But oppa…”

“Are we really going to argue now?” I snap at her.

She nods along and finally let me help her. I take her jacket then wrap it around AeRi and carry her into the elevator.

“Oppa,

Please log in to read the full chapter