The Kick

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

I just got back from a convenience store nearby to buy some banana milk for AeRi when I saw them near the dumpster. I can hear AeRi’s raising her voice but I cannot really hear what she’s saying. I run to get closer to the as fast I can, I’m sensing a big trouble.

“Had it matter, I’d still live in that dainty apartment, I’d use your stupid car to get around, I’d take your filthy money to get me by. DID I DO THAT?! I didn’t. Because it didn’t matter. The moment you went away, that’s the moment everything didn’t matter to me anymore.” AeRi throwing her anger to KyuHyun.

KyuHyun looks stunned while AeRi continue on with her wrath, “I don’t want any of your luxury in my new life. You can take them all away if you don’t mind, KyuHyun-ssi.” She throws something into KyuHyun’s face.

As AeRi ready to leave, KyuHyun grabs her hand rather forcefully to turns AeRi back to his direction. I can see how tears are forming in AeRi’s eyes, something she hasn’t done for months. It’s obvious to me that the guy’s hurting AeRi.

Next thing I know, I grab his right hand that’s holding AeRi’s arm to take him away from her, then land a punch on his face. God, that felt good! I’ve wanted to punch the guy for a long time.

“I don’t think you understand what she said KyuHyun-ssi, let me help you to comprehend: she said ‘ off’”.

I hold AeRi’s hand and drag her into our apartment quickly. I’m too mad to find out that KyuHyun’s in our place, he’s not just visiting AeRi at school, he dared to come to our home. I’d be lying if I say I’m not mad at AeRi too. I believe she gave KyuHyun some space to enters back into her life.

“TaecYeon-a, chankaman.. you walk too fast.” AeRi’s running a little to follow my steps. I’m afraid it’ll put her and baby in distress so I slow down as we enter our apartment door.

“What was that?!” I raise my voice to her.

“What? He came here and tries to give me some stuff.”

“What stuff AeRi-ya? Did he try to give you money? How did he find out where we live? Did you tell him where to find you? What’s happening?” I’m too frustrated to calm down. I’ve heard the talking about my incapacity to provide our baby in comfort, today, seeing them talking in our own home exceeded my tolerance limit of their closeness.

“TaecYeon-a, why are you accusing me like that?” I see tears forming in her eyes.

“Is that really what happened? He gave you money?”

“He tried to.” She answers honestly.

I try to store my anger somewhere, in the end I punch the wall in front of me.

AeRi widens her eyes in fear, she never saw me this furious before.

“I didn’t take it, Yeon-a.” her voice starts to trembling.

“It doesn’t matter! He’s trying to take over my responsibility, it’s his way of telling me that I’m not capable of giving you the live you had. I cannot provide you with a bigger home, I cannot buy you a car for us to move around comfortable, those are his conce

Please log in to read the full chapter