The Picnic

After A Long Long While
Please log in to read the full chapter

“We can sit there, the flower blossoming beautifully.” I point to a tree in the distance and take TaecYeon with me.

“Looks good, okay.” He follows me while lifting our picnic basket.

It’s May already; I’m only two months away from delivering our baby. We had this idea to go to a picnic and enjoy the scenery at Seoul Forest in the afternoon. I help TaecYeon to spread out a blanket for us to sit on, he opens the basket and takes out some canapés he made earlier today.

“Which one do you want?” he offers me a plate.

“I’ll take the fruit.” I take one then lean on the tree, enjoying the freshness of springtime.

He takes the tuna canapé then lays his head on my thigh. “Aegi-ya.. soon we’ll be welcoming you. Are you as excited as we are?” he rub my belly while talking to our baby.

“What name we’ll give to our baby?” I ask him.

“Hmm.. I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. But we don’t even know if it’s going to be a girl or a boy.”

He’s right, we agreed to make the baby’s gender a surprise for us. So we’ve been buying uni baby stuff all this while, so either a boy or a girl can use them comfortably.

“What if it’s a girl? What will you name her?”

“I don’t know, I know it will start with ‘Ok’ but I really have no idea what to name a baby girl.” He smiles at me innocently.

“What about a boy?”

“I have no idea either.” He chuckles. “Do you wish our baby to be a girl or a boy, AeRi-ya?”

“A girl. I can dress her up with cute dresses and hair accessories later. Then once she grows up she can be my best friend. What about you?”

“I will have constant headache if we have a girl, when she’s a teenager I’ll be a scary daddy that will repel all the boys that’ll try to date her.” He cringes to the idea.

“Hahaha, you’re planning on being the protective father?” I brush his hair softly.

“Ng. I will protect her with all my might.”

“So you secretly want to have a boy?”

“Ng, so I can have a buddy to do sport, and you should feel safe because there’ll be two men protecting you. We can have a girl for our second child, so our first born will be the protective oppa.” He rubs my belly gently.

“You want a second child?” I raise my eyebrow in surprise.

“Of course.”

“Well, let me deliver this one first okay.”

 

By Seven o’clock, the sun has finally set and turns the forest rather dark for us to hang around there anymore, so we get up and head to the bus stop nearby. But TaecYeon has a different idea.

“Let’s walk. Even your doctor said that it’s better to walk a lot to train your muscle.” He takes me away from the bus stop.

“But it’s quite far.”

“Come on, it’s our date night anyway. We’ll get in our apartment in no time. You won’t feel it.” he persuades me.

“Fine, but if I’m too tired, I’ll take the bus.”

“Deal.”

We’re holding hand along the way and do the things we do: we talk about the people we see on our way, guessing on what kind of conversation they have, we stop by whenever I feel a bit tired, we still love to gossip about our colleagues back at school, we watch young couple fight and make up along the way. These are the things I like about our life, had I take private transport, I wouldn’t be able to witness these entire amusing thing around me.

We keep on walking until I we cross the Cheongyekcheon stream, whic

Please log in to read the full chapter