Chapter 9

Past And Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeju raised her eyebrow when the car stopped at the famous BBQ restaurant instead of her house. She take a deep breath. “Excuse me, but this isn’t my house,”

Jaebum chuckles. “Of course it is not. I just want to eat. Let’s eat before go home, okay? It’s 5:30 p.m. and both of us haven’t had our lunch,”

“No, I am fine. I will call cab here. Thank you for the ride,” Hyeju said as she tried to open the door, but Jaebum quickly locked it. Hyeju look at him in disbelief. “What exactly are you doing, Mr. Im?”

“Just, Hyeju. Let’s eat, okay. I am still your husband, listen to me,” Jaebum said as he examined Hyeju’s face.

Hyeju rolled her eyes. ‘I am your husband’ always be an excuse for Jaebum to make her do what he wants and she hates. Their relationship only written on a piece of damn paper and she don’t want to worry about that no more. Because, they are not living like a normal married couple.

Having no choice, she stepped out from the car. Hyeju noticing a champion smile stretched on Jaebum’s face from her side glare. Soon Jaebum followed her, and clasp their hand together. Hyeju tried so hard to separate them but sure, Jaebum wouldn’t let that happen.

They sit a the hidden corner of the restaurant. Hyeju glare at her wrist watch. Jinyoung must be at her house now. Jinyoung come to her house to visit the twins daily. “Can we eat faster? I got children at home,”

“Relax. Princess. I will order now. What would you like to drink? Fruit juice?” Jaebum asked as he studied the menu.

“Ice tea.”

The man quickly order some meat to roast and drinks. He also asked for a fruit plate, which is Hyeju’s favourite dessert since the old days.

“So, guess I will stay at your house for hours today. I am so excited to see my boys!” Jaebum clapped like a seal.

Hyeju can’t help but feel Jaebum is such a cutie pie. How can this creature be y, charismatic and handsome then in a blink turn to a toddler? “Whatever you want,”

“Great,” the male smiled at the end of his words. “I hope you still love fruit plate,”

“Human can’t change that much, you know.” Hyeju raised her eyebrow. She still enjoy the fruit plate.

Jaebum shrugged. “Well, I am not gonna agree on that. I mean, you and I used to be like this,” Jaebum clamped two of his fingers before his lips parted again. “But now we’re like this,” He parted the fingers again.

Hyeju sigh. “Yeah, that’s why I said ‘change that much’ – not ‘change completely’, Mr. Im,” she said and stopped as the waitress come and serve their food.

“I will adjust the stove myself,” Jaebum said before mumbling ‘thank you’ to the girl , make she leave the scene with a pleasing smile. He professionally cook the meat, controlling the fire. As it done, he put some well cooked meat on Hyeju’s plate.

Hyeju’s mouth gaped. “You eat first. You must be exhausted, cooking that,” she said, trying to transfer the meat to the other’s plate, but Jaebum refuse it greatly.

“What kind of husband let his wife starve? Eat,” Jaebum commanded, somehow proud of himself because came up with good words.

Hyeju blushed. “Thank you. I’ll eat well.”

“Please do.” Jaebum said, his eyes creating a half moon shape again.

___________________________________________________________________

“What are you staring at?” Sooyoung nudge the blonde girl beside her. “Yoona? Come on, we come here to let us go. Stop thinking about diet right now. Some meat wouldn’t make you fat”

Yoona shakes her head. “No. I am not. Just, let’s eat, okay?” She said before silently peeking the table across the restaurant. It’s Jaebum. And his wife. She knew her. Yoona saw Jaebum’s wallpaper. Her heart sank as the couple eat while smiling and talking to each other. She ended up staring at them again.

Sooyoung puffed her cheeks. “Okay, you gotta tell me, what are you looking at? Here, have some alcohol. You need to drunk,”

Yoona smile bitterly before slightly tap her small glass with Sooyoung. “Cheers,”

_

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter