Chapter 4

Past And Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeju’s palms pressing against her stomach, her face beet red. She have a very bad and painful period pain. She can get fever. It’s happened before.

“Noona! Are you okay? You don’t need to go to work, noona,” Bambam said concernly. “Noona, answer me.”

“Bambam, I need to go to work, okay? Today is my last day meeting Jaebum so I need to go. He’s my customer after all.” She answered. Her voice came raw. “Call Jinyoung. I can’t drive today. Don’t say I’m hurt. That grandpa will banned me from getting on my feet,”

Bambam lets out a sigh. “I will text him with your cellphone,” it is useless to convince Hyeju.

__________________________________

His long, slender finger running through his black silky hair as he look at his reflection in the mirror. He must look good to appear in front of his wife.

Jaebum smiled. Finally, he found Hyeju’s house! It’s been ages since he searching for her ad today, he got her phone number and address.

Bless his soul.

He parked his car and found a Lamborghini outside of the house. A male lean his back against the car and turned around when he heard the sound of Jaebum’s car.

Jaebum stepped out from his Porsche. “Who.. are you?” he asked bluntly.

Jinyoung stand straight. He raised his eyebrow. “Who are you?” he asked back. He will not answering stranger’s question so easily. The male before him is way too good looking.

“I’m Jaebum,” jaebum stretched his palm, knowing this guy must be Hyeju’s new lover. A smirk appear on his face.

He really does look like a fop.

Jinyoung stiffened as he heard the aswer. Jaebum. Hyeju’s husband. The one who made Hyeju’s in terrible pain. This bastard. “I’m here because I want to send her to her work place, so, if you don’t mind..”

“I do mind.” Jaebum snarled. “And please leave now, I think I should take care of her instead.” He said sternly before he left the guy.

Jinyoung wants to scream, but he realized there’s no point now to fight. He walked and get inside the belly of his black Porsche. His heart aching.

Why did when his relationship with Hyeju going so smoothly and well, he showed up? Jinyoung felt like he have been buried with bricks looking at how manly but cute Jaebum is. He is way far too good than him, in physical of course. And that bulging arms explain nothing more.

He lets out a sigh. He glanced at the clock on the dashboard before moving his car cautiously. He need to go right now.

_______________________________________________

Bambam eye-ing the male before him. “What do you want?”

“Bambam..” Jaebum pleads. “Let me see her.. and my children as well. I am still his husband-ugh!”. He grunts when Bambam threw a fist on his face. His head dizzy.

“That’s for my sister, !”Bambam spat. He walked into the house again, trying to close the wooden door but Jaebum already pressed it, prevent the door from clamped shut.

“Listen to me first, Bambam. Listen to me first.” Jaebum begs. “You nee dto hear me out,” he said. “Can I come in now?” he asked when he saw Bambam’s expression softens.

“Hell no,” Bambam stepped out, hands crossing against his chest. His thin figure stood proudly in front of Jaebum. “Spit it out,”

Jaebum’s pride swell a bit when the younger talk informal with him. But, he kne he have hurt the whole Hyeju’s family. “I.. never divorced her.. It’s just her. I know I am wrong like-“

Suddenly they heard a loud thud. Bambam rushed inside, running to his sister’s room. He found Hyeju sleeping gracefully and a broken frame on the floor. Bambam latched his palm on his sister’s forehead, gasping when he realized the temperature is no joke.

Jaebum, who run after him look at the woman. She seem so pale but cute. The pink lips parted as snores can be heard. “She’s period?” Jaebum asked. He knew Hyeju rarely sick. She only sick when she on her period. “We need to go to the hospital. She’s burning,” he announced.

“But how? Hyeju noona really hates hospital nor clinics.” Bambam said. Right now, getting mad at Jaebum is pointless. Hyeju’s health is the important thing right now.

Jaebum suddenly walk closer to the woman before pull her into his embrace. “Open the car’s door.” He instructed Bambam. “Get the kids, would you?” he said.

Bambam nodded before running to get Mansae and Minguk.

______________________________________

Bambam stare at the white painted wall of the clinic before averted his gaze to Jaebum next to him. Minguk sleeping on his lap. The guy just look so worried, it showed on his handsome face. Bambam realized Jaebum do loves his sister.

His sister fainted earlier, in the clinic. He doesn’t know whether she fainted because of her fever or because she saw Jaebum carrying her.

“Hyung.. relax. She’s gonna be alright, it’s just a fever,” Bambam said. Well, he himself aware that Hyeju’s fever will go bad anytime soon, it is normal as he face this every month.

“Uhmm..” Jaebum hummed, barely listening to Bambam. He is so worried. “Bambam.. who’s the guy who waited for Hyeju earlier?”

“Jinyoung hyung.” Bambam replied. His hands played with Mansae’s hair, he’s chuckling softly when the small boy whines at his joke.

Jaebum chews his lower lips. “He have something with Hyeju, isn’t he?”

Bambam averted his gaze to the Jaebum. “Well, I will tell you the honest thing here. Yes, he is in a really special relationship with Hyeju noona. He proposed her, but they couldn’t get married because you left her hanging, Jaebum hyung.” He snorted.

Jaebum lets out a sigh. No, it’s too soon to give up, Im Jaebum! You must get Hyeju back! “Why? Why did Hyeju accepted him when she’s clearly knew that she is my wife?”

“Well, put yourself in a mom-with-twins-but-no-husband’s shoes, maybe you can figure it yourself. Anyway, I think Minguk and Mansae know you have something with them. They so hate strangers. You know. They always cried when a stranger hold them but here, we got Minguk sleeping on your lap, so congrats.”

“That Jinyoung guy.. he close with the kids?”

Bambam nods. “Yes, he is. They call him ‘appa’ by the way.” He said, not worrying about Jaebum’s hurted pride.

Jaebum massage his head. All of this things make his head feel like its gonna explode. “He really special to all of you, right?”

“Maybe. Well, he is. When Hyeju’s noona gave birth to the twins, Jinyoung hyung is the one who carried her and accompany her all the time. But no worries, everytime noona feed them, he will go out. He is a gentle man, isn’t he?” Bambam clasped both of his palms together. “He is so kind and reliable. Noona loves him. A lot. I didn’t say this just because I want to hurt you, no. I speak the truth,”

“Bambam, I am so sorry, okay. I am sorry for everything that I have done.” He said with his tone pressed hard. “I wish I can explain why I disappear but I just can’t,”

Bambam patted Jaebum’s back. “It’s okay, hyung. But I hope you will open it sometimes. It just Hyeju noona is really in pain. She went through all of the trouble without her husband. Jinyoung hyung is like a blessing to her. If you were in her place, I am sure you will picked him too. Well, I think we all will do the same thing,”

“Bambam, are we cool?”

Bambam shrugged. “I see that you do love my sister, so yes, maybe?”

Jaebum’s lips curled upwards. “Thanks, Bambam.”

_____________________________

Madam Im’s fore finger tapping her file as she bites her lower lip in annoyance. Suddenly, she get up, throwing the black files onto the ground.

“Where’s Jaebum? I’ve told you to call him!”. She cries, make her secretary, Hyejeong twitched in surprise. “Today he have a big, important meeting to attend! Where is he?!”

“I’ve called him.. three times already but he doesn’t response,” she answered as her eyes examining the carpet under her.

Madam Im’s eyes gawked at the announcement. “Then call him again! Call him until he answer! Is that really hard to do?!”

Hyejeong nodded and rush to her study. She dialed Jaebum’s number, hoping the other would cooperate.

“Hello?”

Hyejeong lets out a calm breath. Thank God. “Boss, Madam is here. She want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter