Chapter 5

Past And Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum massaged his dizzy head before take a sip of espresso. It’s already 3 a.m. and he is still working on his bed. It’s been a week since his last meeting with his family, Hyeju and the twins. It’s not like he forget about them-no, he is so busy. He stay in the office for 13 hours straight, come back home and working again. Jaebum barely have sleep, he is out of control and become a caffeine addict.

Folding his laptop, he push it to the edge of the bed and laying comfortably. He wants to visit the twins tomorrow, if he have spare times. Even though he don’t have some time, he will make some time. Jaebum do realize as a father, he must clever divide his precious times to his work and his personal life.

What make his life harder is his mother didn’t know about Hyeju yet. If she found out about it, Jaebum totally sure his life will went harder and tougher. Maybe his mother would force him to sleep in the office.

Falling into the deep thoughts, he close his eyes and off to dreamland, at the clock turning into 4.a.m.

___________________________________

“Did Jaebum pay a visit today?” Hyeju asked as she drinks her watermelon juice. “He didn’t, right?” she stopped before her pink lips parted again. “What a jerk. I’ve gave his chances to see his children yet he acting this way?”

Bambam sighed. “Maybe he too busy, noona. You know, he is a CEO right now in his company.” The male knew Jaebum’s work because he always text him saying sorry, he couldn’t make it today, well for days. Bambam knew his work ain’t easy.

Hyeju rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Are you done packing? We will depart tomorrow. Gosh I am so excited!” she said as she spin her wheeled chair. “It’s my first time visiting Paris~!”

“I am ready. Yugyeom and Youngjae will come any minute from now. They will spend their night here. What about Jinyoung hyung? He’s stay with us?” bambam asked – wanting an answer.

“I don’t think so. He have been so busy, finishing his work before the holiday. Poor him,” Hyeju pouts. Jinyoung work as a finance manager at Benne Company, a famous, worldwide fashion brand. Jinyoung make a lot from his work, and he work as shoe designer at VG SHOES as a part timer as a hobby. Sometimes Hyeju would help him sketching, they work together a lot.

“I thought you want to help him,”

“I can help with the shoes but not for the money-thingy. It is company top secret. He works alone only. Responsible, isn’t him?”

“Ugh you should stop,” Bambam pushed his sister softly.

__________________________________

“Im Jaebum!”

Jaebum straightening his back as he heard the familiar voice call him. His glass door opened, a middle aged woman stand in front of him, wearing a deep blue blazer and a long skirt. The blonde, fake hair is tied as a neat bun. The full, wrinkly lips red with lipstick.

Jaebum feel bad to say this, but his mom totally look like a ‘unnatural beauty addict’. She had done hundred –maybe more botox and plastic surgery.

“Today, you’re gonna go to out station, to meet KIM COMPANY. No buts, I take nothing as an excuse. Go back, right now. Packing for a week and straight to the airport,” she said as she fixed her enormous sunglasses. “Do you get me, Jaebum?”

“Omma! I’ve been working a week straight and you want me to out station? Are you even real? I am tired, omma. Please. Send anybody else. Lay, Sehun and Jongin can handle this pretty well, I assume.” Jaebum whined. He is so worn out, plus he wants to visit the twins.

The woman lips created a smirk. “No. This is a big project. You handle this. Fast, Im Jaebum. Hyejeong will give you the ticket,”

Jaebum rolled his eyes in annoyed manner. He hates.. well, he unlikes his mother for this. That pushy attitude, that crude attitude and her mother always feel like she can step on the poor one because she is overwhelm with wealth.

She is a complete witch.

____________________________

She took a quick glance of her in the mirror. She grunts as she fixed her hair. Why it is so hard to be perfect?

“Noona, you’re pretty enough,” Youngjae said. “Really, just let it go.” Youngjae pull the pink stripes hair band, releasing the silky black hair from the ponytail.

Hyeju pouts. “I look like a some crazy woman, you know. With hair flowing like this,” she said, letting out what she actually feels.

“No  you’re not. You’re perf,” Yugyeom said in joy. “I am not kidding, noona.” He runs his slender fingers through Hyeju’s hair. “Look! My fingers not stucked!”

“Of course, I’ve washed my hair today. Anyway, great fashion sense, both of you!”Hyeju praised. Youngjae wearing a designated white shirt, black blazer as an outer and dark blue jeans with black fedora. Yugyeom stay neat and classy with denim shirt tucked in black slack. The blonde hair – tousled nicely against his beautiful face.

Both Youngjae and Yugyeom smile happily before pressing their palms with Hyeju’s. “Thank you noona. But Bambam is the best when it comes to fashion,” Youngjae said honestly.

“That’s right, I am the fab,” Bambam come to scene from nowhere, holding the twins before giving them to their mother. He examined himself on the mirror. Leather pants, leather jacket and white shirt. Good enough to be a model.

“Minguk, Mansae~ We’re gonna go on holiday! Yay!” Hyeju spin around with her kids, causing them to laugh. “Yeay-“ she continued her doing, enjoying the cute laughter from the twins’ mouth.

“Noona, let me take Minguk. You’ll break you spine if you holding both of them,” Yugyeom said concernly.

Hyeju kissed Minguk’s cheek before giving to Yugyeom. Mansae started to pull her hair-not hurting her but sure make her appearance a bit messy but she careless. Her children is the most important thing in this world.

“Guys, hi. Are you ready?” Jinyoung walked through the opened door, greeting before kissing Minguk and Mansae. He wants to take Minguk from Hyeju but the woman refuse to do so.

“We’re so ready,” Youngjae squeal happily. He is so excited. This is his first time riding an airplane, so he kinda can’t control himself from being overjoyed.

Jinyoung nods with a grin. “I will take the luggage to the car. Youngjae, Bambam, come help me.” He said as he lifts a purple bag- and the blue one.

The boys help him meanwhile Yugyeom and Hyeju walked to the car, holding the twins. “They really look like their father,” Yugyeom commented.

“You’ve seen Jaebum?” Hyeju snorted. Well, Yugyeom’s words can’t be denied, the twins really look like their dad.

Yugyeom hummed. “He waited for you, all night long at the hospital. Look like someone who lost their child,” he stopped before his bee stung lips parted again. “I bet he really loves you, noona.”

“Well that is quite a surprise. If he really loves me, shouldn’t he at least explain why he left me? He left me hanging, Kim Yugyeom.” She said sternly. A rage fuming inside her.

Yugyeom who noticed mad scent on Hyeju’s face chuckles a little. “Chill, noona. I have no ittention to make you mad but hey, everyone have secret they have to keep for themselves. I am sure Jaebum have huge important reason to leave his beautiful,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter