Chapter 8

Past And Present
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun glowed more brightly today – in Hyeju’s eyes. she is so happy although she’s still having a jet lag from yesterday’s late night flight.

She glanced at her alarm clock rested on the small table beside her bed before sit down, staring at her kids.

She gave them some kisses – softly, don’t want to wake them from their slumber sleep. Hyeju stand up on her yoga mat, doing some stretching for her coming day.

She grabbed her blue coloured towel hanging on her wardrobe.

“Rise and shine, Kim Hyeju!”

_____________________________

“What?!”

Madam Im said in disbelief as her eyes viewed the pictures on her table. It’s show Jaebum and a woman, which is she knew too well.

Kim Hyeju.

That rotten ! She is the one who make Jaebum and Yoona relationship wrecked and she left just like that? Seriously, she’s gonna beat the out of her when they meet.

“What do you mean he was meeting the girl?” she asked, her sharp eyes shot her spy she hired for keep an eye for Jaebum.

“They met at the hotel’s restaurant, madam. They also met at the Eiffel Tower, they seem so close,” The man in black spoke so formally, fitting his job as a spy.

Madam Im massaged her dizzy head before taking a big gulp of a red wine placed on her wrinkly hand. “Keep following them, Zico. Keep following them.” She continued before her red lips parted again. “You can dismiss now,”

Zico silently nod before walking out from the big space. Madam Im lit her smoke, before taking it on .

Poor Yoona. Yoona is her late brother’s one and only daughter. She promised to take care of Yoona. Yoona is so great, pretty and innocent lady she’d ever met. Those doe eyed, slim figure. Madam Im don’t know what exactly make Jaebum abandoned her for that crusty, ugly lady.

She never allow their marriage, and she is the happiest person ever when she knew Jaebum and her meet no more. Jaebum and Yoona also close with each other, which make her old heart happier. But why does that came up from nowhere, ruining the moment?

____________________________________________

Hyeju pushed the twin doors before stepping into her office. She fasten her steps when she realized the office is filled with gloominess, there’s no shine like any other days.

She walked to the meeting room, and she smiled a bit when she saw all of the staffs – the total is 5 persons all sitting at the long, round table.

“I am so sorry, but I guess I am not the only who arrive late, right?” she said as she settled down on her usual sit. She took out her pink with a little shades of orange notebook and a pen.

“Miss Kim, I am so sorry but here,” Hyejeong, the owner of Fabulous Stars Designers handed a letter to Hyeju as her face drew a sympathy yet sad expression.

Hyeju opened the letter, her eyes read the words that typed neatly on the paper. She lets out a gasp before fold it back. “Miss.. I don’t understand it. What did I do wrong? Why did you..”

“No. I really like your work, yourself. But, all of we received the same news. This company will going nowhere. We’re short of staffs, we’re broke. We got so many loan with the bank that they had to take our company. And we can’t deal with this anymore. They are stict,” Hyejeong said as her eyes examined Hyeju’s expression.

Hyeju speechless. “But..”

“I am so sorry. I am so sorry. But I really had to do this. I love our business. I love each all of you. I really do. But I can’t do anything. This.. is your last payment,” Hyejeong take out another envelope – much thicker than the another one. “Okay, you all can be dismiss now,” she said before rest her head on the table.

The others, including Hyeju herself work out from the room. She just feel like this is a dream. Her work.. how can she lose her work suddenly without warning? How she’s gonna feed her little family? Who’s gonna send some money for her mother? All this thoughts flying in her head. Her hands working – putting all her stuff into a box.

“Hyeju – ah, I think.. well, goodbye, isn’t?” Mina said with a bitter smile. She wore her black hair as a simple ponytail. She is wearing a knit sweater and a skinny jeans, very unlike the usual glamorous Mina.

“Yes..  I hope you can find another job,” Hyeju said sincerely. They all are jobless now. “I wish you luck,”

“Thank you. Actually, when you’re on your leave, we all received this news. So, I already applied at a saloon in Apgujeong. It’ll help me, of course.” She said before clasping her hands together. “Good luck for you, too,”

“Thanks.”

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________________________________________

 

Hyeju chews her lower lips as she walks along the boutiques in the mall. She decided to do some shopping, to relieve her stress. Maybe a couple of lipsticks will be fine.

She tested the Mac lipsticks, and ended up bought two of it – different colours. “What should I do next..” she murmured alone. Without her realization, she bumped into someone, much taller than her.

“Auch!” She groaned in pain as she try to stand on her feet. To her surprise, Jaebum right in front of her.

“Hyeju!” Jaebum greeted happily, forgetting his pain for a moment. “What are you doing here?”

“Just.. strolling. What are you doing here?” she fixed her hair that start to get into her eyes.

“Just buying some stuffs for our kids. I planned to visit them today.” He explained as he lifts the ToyRus plastic bag in the air. “Cars and plushies.”

“Great. I’ll..”

“Wait, you aren’t working?” Jaebum raised his eyebrow. “Why? Look at you – you’re totally prepared for work.” He said. Hyeju wearing a balloon sleeve blouse and a pencil skirt, her hair is tied into a neat bun and that face is totally covered with an amount of makeup.

Hyeju tilted her head before letting out a sigh. “Nothing. Really.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter