[8]

Exo Next Door 2

Haemi POV

I am cleaning the kitchen, arranging the dishes as well as wiping them with the dry cloth in my hands. As I do so, I absentmindedly stare at a space, replaying yesterday.

 

"I'm taking her over."

As we left Kai, I stared at his back. He has wide yet small shoulder, but somehow it looks fine on him. His clean short hair, his fair skin. Everything seems fine from back view. When he tighten his grip, that's when I realized our hands...fit each other. Though he's small, but his hands are big as they almost covered my finger letting it only shows it tips. I watched him from behind as he pulled me towards the house.

 

"D.O-ah..." Our steps got halted as we crossed over the living room. The members who joined the last night conversation, including Chanyeol Oppa walked near us. D.O Oppa just stare at front, not giving a glance at them.

"I'm sorry. We should have just..."

"Keep those words. I don't want to hear it anymore." He pulled me closer, as I turned to the boys to lend me some help. But seeing their faces, I knew it was their first time seeing D.O Oppa in this situation.

 

I was sitting on the edgeof his bed. His bed. I watched as he took out his personal first aid kit as he walked towards me. Without words, he grabbed my wounded hands causing me to flinched in pain. He looked up to my eyes.

"Is it hurt so bad?"I slowly shook my head, watching him trying to remove the patch that Kai did just now. I tried to push his hands away;

"It's okay. Kai have alrea-" He harshly pulled my hand, causing me to get so much nearer to him. He have this stoic expression as he removed the plaster. He placed a new one:the one with his face on it. It almost make me chuckle but seeing his seriousness, caused me to feel nervous again. Again, I stunned as he gently blew on the fingers, sort of apologizing for he is the cause of it. I stare at him. 

Those heart lips.

"From now onwards, if you feel sick or injured, come and see me. I'll try to fix it." I frowned to his words as he looked up. The small distance between us make my heart beats louder than before.

"What?" I softly asked him as I noticed his eyes wandered downwards. My lips.

"Seeing Kai help you with your wounds earlier, I realized something." Our eyes met. Our hands intertwined.

 

"I hate it."

 

 

"What are you doing?" I flinch to the sudden voice, breaking my daydreaming. I watch as Baekhyun Oppa open the fridge, reaching for some orange juice. He take a sip of it, without using any glass before placing it back. He stand on the opposite of the counter, watching me intently.

"B-Baekhyun Oppa?" He place both his elbow on the counter with his palm situated on his jawline, as he stare at me.

"What happened yesterday? In D.O's room?"

I clear my throat as I try to finish wiping the utensils as fast as I can. I don't think I want ot answer the question.

 

"We just have some talk. I put some medicine on her wounds." Both of us turn to the owner of the voice. D.O Oppa is standing at the kitchen door, with both his hands inside his pockets. I look at him as he look at me before both of us look away.

He then walk nearer to me as he reach for my plastered hand. He stare at the wound, judging the healing process. He then reach for the cloth in my hands, placing it on the counter as he turn to me. He seems to pretend that Baekhyun Oppa is not there as he look at me with his affectionate stares.

"You should rest for a while. Until your wounds heal. It will get worse if you keep pressing the wounds."

Baekhyun Oppa bit his lower lip, seems to try to restrain his rectangular smile. He stand up before bid goodbye to me. He then walks nearer to D.O Oppa as he whispers something to his ears, causing him to swiftly turn red and leave the kitchen together with Baekhyun Oppa. Let's just say not so normal since Baekhyun Oppa's head is under D.O Oppa's arms, headlock position. Even in that situation, Baekhyun Oppa turn to me, again to say goodbye. D.O Oppa quickly pull him away. I chuckle, seeing their childishness as I continue my chores ignoring D.O Oppa's reminder earlier regarding my injuries.

 

D.O POV

I just come back from my solo schedule - another day of drama filming. The rest are at home, probably having their own sweet time. I enter the house, to see Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun in the living room. The two of greet me home except Kai. As soon as he sees me, he get up from the couch and leave for his room. I watch his steps as I sigh. Complicated.

I reach the kitchen to find Haemi and Baekhyun are having a conversation. Seeing the cloth in her hands, I am getting worried about her hands. I walk closer to hear Baekhyun's question. I watch as to see how Haemi responds to it but seeing her shyly smile and keep wiping the plate in sudden speed, I understand. My sudden confession about my dislike regarding her closeness with Kai probably make her shock, and of course shy.

 

"We just have some talk. I put some medicine on her wounds." Both of them turn to me. However, my eyes only stuck at one person. The on who stare at me at the same time. We stare each other long enough when both of us decided to look away, again at the same time. Coincidence. Fate. I notice Baekhyun's smirk at me but I deicded to ignore that brat.

I then walk nearer to her as I reach for her plastered hand. I stare at the wound, judging the healing process. Then, I reach for the cloth in her hands, placing it on the counter as I turn to her. I stare at her beautiful yet confused eyes, deeply as I can, hoping to able read her heart and mind.

"You should rest for a while. Until your wounds heal. It will get worse if you keep pressing the wounds."

Haemi nods, her eyes stay on our hands. I realized it when I glance at Baekhyun. He 's hiding his naughty yet annoying rectangular smile. I roll my eyes at him, releasing her hands at the same time. I pretty sure this incidence will get to the rest. Byun Baekhyun, the gossiper.

 

"What are both of you do yesterday? You didn't..., do you?" My face suddenly feel hot and I know, it probably turn red now. To hide it, I pull Baekhyun's head into headlock position, keeping him there. He shriek due to the pain before somewho, he able to turn around to Haemi, again bid goodbye to her. Though I didn't turn around, I can hear her chuckles. I smile at it before pulling Baekhyun away, leaving the kitchen.

 

Kai POV

I stare at the paper cup in my hand, it still fill with water.Though I decided to take some rest from the dance practice, it didn't make me stop thinking of the two; D.O hyung and Strawberry Girl. D.O hyung clearly shows his feeling yesterday, as he pull Haemi away from me.

"I'm taking her over."

Those words are enough for me to know that D.O hyung, he has feelings for Haemi. The same feeling he had for Incheon Gal long ago. I sigh for the nth time today, as I take a sip of water.

 

"Why are you alone? Where are the rest?" I look up to meet Krystal, my bestfriend. She place her tray of food on the table as she sit in front of me. I watch as she take a spoonful of food. I smile at her.

"Are you that hungry?" I ask her. She looks up with her puffy cheeks before swallow them down. She take a sip of water.

"I've just ended my diet this morning. Don't disturb me." So, I accompany her stuffing herself out. We catch up with each other since we haven't able to see each other, as I am living at other place while Krystal is preparing for her group comeback.

 

What he didn't realize is... Krystal is able to make him forget about Haemi and D.O. And Kai haven't realizes about it.