[12]

Exo Next Door 2

After hectic months of tour, finally the boys have a free week. No group schedules, no photoshoots or anything that need them to wake up early and come back home at dawn. They have the whole week to rest, before the company decides for another new songs. So, today the house is full. And so, Haemi and Yeonhee also have lots of chores to do. Since it is a house for 9 grown-up boys, you can expect clothes and games around the house. They decide to divide the chores and thus, there Haemi is, doing the laundry. As for Yeonhee, she is missing since morning and the guys said she has special task to finish and Chanyeol's disappearance perhaps have something to do with it.

 

HAEMI POV

"Should I help?" Haemi turn around to fin Kai, standing there with childish grin while stuffing both his hand into his pocket jeans. I smile as my hand transfer the wet laundry into the basket. I bend down further into the washing machine since it is big in depth but still cannot reach the masks that these idols used often. Kai chuckle to my struggle and slowly walk near me and together, he bend down into it, with his face inches to mine. From our close distance, I can smell him. His hand reach them and he hand it to me who still in pause frame due to our closeness.

"Struck with my handsomeness?" Kai's sudden attack wake me from freeze and quickly, I reach the masks, place them into the basket and walk towards the balcony. And still, that cheeky guy follow me from behind. 

 

"What do you want from me?" I turn to him, catch him red-handed as he stare at me, for a long time. And all he did, just those cheeky grin as he lean on the railing with his hands cross over his figure. I shake my head, not understand his act while my hands still busy with the laundry. The wind blows quite hard, making it difficult for me to get  the chores done, especially when it come to bed sheets. I groan as the sheet flipped over onto my head, making me hidden under it. I can hear from inside, Kai's hard laugh as I again struggle with the laundry. My petite body does not give me a hand in making the sheet away.

"Let me help you, again." My eyes meet with Kai, who suddenly stand in front of me, together under the sheet. His grin does not help our situation. There is only silence before both of us erupt to laugh, feeling absurd with it before Kai help me in removing the sheet from us. As soon as we are out again under the sun, my hair becomes dishevelled due to electric static of the sheet. Kai casually moves his hand over, fixing my hair.

 

"Kai??" Both of us turn to the voice. A girl with cold face, long legs and perfect figure stand there. Her eyes fall between Kai and I, figuring out our situation. Behind her, stand another figure. With cold eyes and stone face, my eyes meet his.

"Krystal?"

"D.O Oppa?"

 

 

D.O POV

The boys are definitely having fun. Well, it is rare to have vacation especially if it takes a week. With the popularity that we gain, rest has never exist in our schedule but this time, it does. Luckily, even Lay hyung is spending his holiday in Korea instead in China with more busy schedule than us. I smile as my hand flip the pages, though my mind is never on the book. Why? Because my eyes and ears are all on that figure in the laundry room. Her struggling with the laundry attract my eyes to just stare at her. Her pout that comes once a while makes me slightly chuckle. Definitely with that smaller body than mine, handling clothes that are much bigger in size than her is difficult task. I decided to just put down the book and lend her a hand when someone already take the chance from me. Kai walks towards her, grinnning and offering his hand. And she accept with gratitude, and a pretty smile.

 

"Again, watching from afar?" A nudge from the puppy beside me makes me turn onto my book. Baekhyun smirks. He know that he caught me red-handedly watching the girl. He take a peek to them. As I turn, I can see from the couch how her eyes seems stuck onto him and his kindness. I sigh as I look away. Better to pretend nothing happen rather than feel irritated with it. Baekhyun notices my heavy sigh and here we goes, 100 questions time.

"Something happened between you and Kai?" My eyes wandering around the letters in the book but not my mind. My mind rewind the last night scene, where Kai ask me crucial question that I have no nerve to ask myself.

 

"Do you like Strawberry Gal, hyung?" My eyes look into his. Kai is serious with his question. My lips are apart, I was a bit stunned with his direct question but I know, deep inside I already have the answer. Just as I am about to answer, Kai looks away with a heavy sigh.

"I don't want any secrecy between us. I wish we can still be this close so I will tell you. Honestly, I feel something with her. I think...I like her, hyung. I think....I like Shin Haemi." Hearing his words, my brain suddenly stop working. Everything around me becomes fuzzy and blurry. Kai is always being cheeky and mischiveous with his words but this time, there is no hint of joking behind his words and acts. He is definitely serious with his feelings.

With a heavy lump in my heart, I chuckle as I come close to him and leave a pat on his shoulder. He frown to me.

"Take care of her. She deserves better." And I left. Yes, Shin Haemi deserves better.

 

I shake my head to him, keeping the conversation only to both of us to know. Baekhyun keep urging me to tell everything but I refused. The sound of password being keyed-in makes me turn to the entrance. The boys also in cautious, fear that it will be another act of sasaeng fans intruding our home. Luckily, it is someone we all know.

 

EXO POV

"Soojung-ah!!" Krystal or her real name, Jung Soojung stands there with bags of lunch for the hungry wolves at the entrance. She bows to them. Though she is a senior in the entertainment industry, she is still younger than most of the boys. Suho gets up from his statue position and greet her, taking the heavy lunch away. Soojung follow from behind.

"I heard that you guys are having quite long vacation so I decided to come over and play." The hyenas are already surrounds the dining table. The lunch is scrumptious to their eyes and hungry stomach. Hands slowly take action, the lunch boxes disappeared one by one. Kyrstal smile as all of them seem to enjoy it. Her eyes scan around and realized that there is two person missing.

"Oh, where is Chanyeol oppa?" The guys raise their shoulders, giving no answer. Yes, Krystal did not know of Chanyeol and Yeonhee's relationship. They decided to keep it to themselves, fear of it will get leaked out to the public.

"And Kai?" Krystal look over the house, there is no Kai in her sight. Baekhyun takes a seat near her, with his chopstick jutted out of his mouth.

"He is upstairs, at the balcony." Hearing that, Krystal make a move to the balcony. At first, D.O just let her go but then realizes, Krystal did not know of Haemi's existence in their house. Perhaps there will be a misunderstanding between them later so he decides to follow her from behind.

 

As they reach the balcony, the misunderstanding situation is happening. Krystal stand there, froze to the sight in front of her. D.O just about to call her when his eyes also fall on the sight. Two figures under the bed sheet with a close distance between them. His heart dropped. His body freeze. And slowly, his eyes turn cold and there is no expression on his face. As the figures reappeared from under the sheet, both D.O and Krystal watch the lovely act of Haemi and Kai. His mouth twitch, he really want to stop them but Krystal did it first.

"Kai??" Kai turn to her. His eyes seems to widen a bit. Haemi turn to her and him. D.O just stand there, stare at her expressionless. Haemi cannot read him. Whether he is mad with what happened between her and Kai. What she does know, it does not have a happy ending.

 

 

And, the story has just begin. Between these four persons. Of what future do they have. Of what decisions do they have to make. To make the one they loved happy.