[10]

Exo Next Door 2

Kai POV

It is already midnight and the members are home, after rounds of practice. I stare at the ceiling in the dark, with my left arm on my forehead, figuring things out. Earlier, I can see the tiredness of the members though they greeted me with wide smile on their face, concerning about my injury. Seeing them tried their best ensuring me that they were fine, deep inside it did broke my heart a bit. I want to give my all for the concert, for my fans, but suddenly this incident happened. Somehow it broke me down into depression. As I am in daze, my phone rings, notifying an incoming message.

 

Soojung : Hey, r u ok?

Me : Good. Thanx 4 comin'

Soojung : Don't bother. just wanna tell u somthin'

Me : ?

Soojung : don't be too depressed. accidents happen. juz not at right time. hope u get full rest, quick recovery and then...we can have meal. found new restaurant.

Me : [smile emoticon] sure. ur treat.

Soojung : :( always me. fine. since ur injured. waiting for that day. gotta go. nite. ;)

Me : nite to u. sweet dreams.;)

 

Just as I ended texting, somehow my mind slowly calmed and drift me into a sweet slumber, just as Krystal told me to.

 

Haemi POV

I am sitting at the edge of the bed, drying my hair out. As my hands move, I recalled back the precious moment of meeting an idol. Krystal of f(x)!!! But, by that time, I noticed something. Of her and Kai.. It make me curious, especially when I had a conversation with her.

 

I sat opposite her, watching her take a sip of her drink. I cannot believe my eyes that I am able to sit and drink with an idol. Well, EXO are idols but this is different. Should I take a picture, an autographor perhaps...?

"You work here?" Her sudden question stop me from my thoughts. I nod my head with a small smile. She nod as she looks around.

"Sorry for asking but...you and Kai..."

"Ah... Jongin and me were friends, since trainee time. We're at the same age so.." I nods again, awkwardly.

"You and Jongin...are close?" I smile as I nod my head, taking another sip of mine. I tell her about how we first met, how Kai and I treat each other. She smile to everything I told her. But one thing I clearly notice is..her face. How it change into something I can't explain.

"But don't worry. Kai is too good for me." She kind of shock to hear it. By then, I know of her feelings towards Kai. It is more than friends. She tried to deny it but I opposed.

"You're good for him and he is as well. Don't bother with me here. I'll watch him for you." Hearing that from me, Krystal slowly smile. She then slowly open up to me, of how Kai and her become friends, of their history.

 

"Thank you for coming. I should wake Kai up." Krystal shakes her head. She smiles as she said goodbye and disappear into the awaited van. As I watch the van goes, my head calculating ways of how to make Kai realized of her feelings. Hmm..?

 

 

Next Morning

Haemi POV

The house is so quiet. The boys are still sleeping. Probably too tired to wake up. I prepares the breakfast; strawberries for Baekhyun Oppa, toasts and fruits for Sehun, bread and jam for Suho and Chanyeol Oppa and..

"..eggs and bacon for me." I turn around to meet D.O Oppa, sitting on one of the chair at the island, smiling at me. I sigh in relief, calming down my shocked heart.

"You scared me, Oppa." He chuckles to see me. I go back to cooking while he just sit there, saying nothing. Time seems to slowly past, as just us in the kitchen, saying nothing.

 

"We have concert coming soon." He breaks the silence between us, as I placed the plate of eggs and bacon in front of him. 

"And lots of promotion for the new album." I nod as I get him his morning coffee. I know, it's hard to see his face these days. He's gone when I came for work and he came home when I already in my sleep.

"And we'll be busier than ever these few days." I hummed at his words, placing the cup of coffee near him. I am about to prepare meal for the rest when he out of sudden grab my hand, make me halt my steps.

"Can you accompany me for a while? Just to make up the rest of the day." I look at him as he looks at me. Our eyes meet, and somehow my body follows the order. I take a seat in front of him, accompany him taking his meal. I then realized of my hand still in his grip. As I pull, he pulls back, closer to him.

"The kids are still sleeping. Just a while." He smiles with reddened cheeks as he take another bite of the fried bacons, not a single glance at me. I look away as I try to hide my smile. Somehow, his hands are warm, putting my whole body into calm mode as I watch him finishing his meal in silence.

 

Kai POV

I put my checkered shirt on, fixing my hair before tighten the bandage on my leg. I reach for my phone. Just as I go out of the room, I bumped into Baekhyun hyung who is on his way down. He offered his shoulder, helping me to walk downstairs. As soon as we reach downstairs, Baekhyun hyung suddenly stop his steps before he blocked me, stand in front of me.

"Kai-ah..." But, his effort is useless. Since hyung is shorter than me, he cannot block my view. View of two figures, sitting together, with blush face and joined hands. Though I can hear my heart crack, still I cannot move my eyes away from them. Away from her.

 

Is there is no space for me in her heart? Am I too late to have her heart? These questions linger around my head for a while, as I stare at them, with Baekhyun hyung by my side.