[7]

Exo Next Door 2

Haemi POV

Morning arrive slower than I expected it to be. I walk downstairs only to see Yeonhee Unnie having her breakfast. She turn to me just as I am about to walk out of the house.

"Oh, Haemi-ah..let's have breakfast together. I feel lonely..' She smile as her spoon still in . I force a smile before take my place before her. We have a quiet breakfast as both of us are enjoying our meal. Well, probably Yeonhee Unnie alone since I keep staring at her.

'Which part of her that D.O Oppa like? Face? Body? Personality?'

As my eyes wonder around her, it ended at her eyes which suddenly look up at me. I gasped before quickly look away and stuffing myself. Yeonhee Unnie chews as her eyes stick on me. I awkwardly smile to her.

"Unnie, why do you like Chan Oppa? Which part of him that you like?" Unnie chokes at my question before automatically, her cheeks turn red. I chuckle to the sight since I've already get used to it.

"I don't know but I think, the way he keep teasing me about our childhood memories, my cheeks but at the same time being protective and placing myself first before him. Something like that." I nod my head. I open my lips for another question but I wonder, will she answer it?

"D.O Oppa? What about him?" Yeonhee Unnie stare at me before change her glance. She bit her lower lip before open .

"He's a good person. Sometimes he help me with the chores, keep asking me to call him comfortably and there's this time he persuade when I felt mad with Chan. In a short word, he's a good friend. Why you ask me that?" She turn to me. I smile as I play with the food.

"Because he liked you." Accidentally, I let out those words. I turn up to meet Yeonhee Unnie with her slightly open lips.

"D.O...liked me?"

 

EXO POV

These few days, it is hard for the members to see Kai and D.O sits together. Usually Kai will be clingy towards the elder since he likes to annoy him. But not anymore. To the members, there is an unspoken war between them. Both of them never had a conversation either. As for now, D.O is still with his drama script while Kai is with his phone while they sit opposite to each other.

"Hyung, could it be that they admit each other as rivals?" Sehun whispers to Baekhyun who is indulging his strawberry. Baekhyun gives a short glance to both of them. He leans to Sehun.

"Or perhaps, they are thinking how to overpass each other and take Strawberry Gal's heart?" Sehun chuckles to the lines causing D.O and Kai to look at them at the same time.

"What are you two whispering?" Sehun and Baekhyun slowly stray apart while shaking their heads.

 

Yeonhee POV

I watch as D.O take a sip of his drink. I smile to him as he glance at me.

"It's been a long time for us to have a sit and talk like this." D.O let out a small smile to me.

"Well, since our Incheon Gal is busy with her lover. What can I do with it?" He teases me causing me to blush. We both chuckle  when that question suddenly appear in my mind.

"D.O-ah...Can I ask you something?" D.O shruggs his shoulder, asking me to continue.

"Have you ever...liked me?" D.O's hand to take another sip halt in the air. He glance at me. I bite my lower lip, mentally hit myself for letting out those curiousity.

 

D.O POV

"Who...told you that?" I glance at her. She seems stiffen and nervous. I look away, trying to control the anger that suddenly arise inside me.

"Yeonhee-ah, who told you that?" She just take a short glance to me before she looks away. I walk up from the chair, placing the cup harshly on the table as I look down.

'Be calm, Do Kyungsoo. Be calm.'

"D.O-ah, let's just forget about this okay? I shouldn't..." I abruptly turn to her, causing her to flinch.

"He told you that, didn't he?Chanyeol told you, right?"In my head, only Chanyeol's name appear as he the only one who knew about this. I walk towards the door before Yeonhee held me.

"What? No, it wasn't...D.O-ah!!"I removes her hand before stride down to the living room where the boys are relaxing themselves.

 

"What did you tell her?!"I grab Chanyeol's collar who is focusing to his music notes together with Baekhyun. My action causing the members to gasped. Chanyeol also, despite his being taller than me, are shocked with me grabbing him.

"Why did you tell her?!"

 

Haemi POV

I am walking to the living room with the drinks and some snack for the boys when I see D.O grabs Chanyeol Oppa's shirt. I slowly go near them when I catch fully their conversation.

"Why did you tell her?!"

"I didn't tell her anything, dude." I can see Chanyeol Oppa is trying to loosen the grip but D.O Oppa keep tighten it back. Even the members, including Baekhyun Oppa seems serious in this. He also keep asking D.O to calm down and talk with his hand down but being ignore by D.O Oppa.

"Why did you tell Yeonhee that I'd liked her?! It was you, was it?!" I stiff to the place. Even the members, Chanyeol Oppa also got stiffen to D.O Oppa's rising voice. I turn to Yeonhee Unnie who is standing not far from them. She keep her head down, feeling guilty. I turn back to the boys where Chanyeol Oppa also place his hands down and look away.

"I guess I'm right. You told her, right? What are you thinking you're doing? I thought we're done with this?"D.O Oppa loosen his grip. His tone now full of sadness and pain when his past being brought up by someone who he trusted the most. Chanyeol Oppa almost open his mouth when I decided to interrupt.

 

"It was me. I'm the one who told Unnie about that." It causes D.O Oppa, Yeonhee Unnie and the rest of the members to swiftly turn to me. I walk nearer to them with the snacks still. D.O Oppa fully turn to me.

"You...? How..?" I take a deep breath before I explained to him about last night where I eavesdrop the boys' conversation. D.O Oppa looks down, probably he's really mad at me for telling Unnie. I am about to apologize when he suddenly explodes at me.

"Who are you?! WHO ARE YOU TO GETTING YOURSELF INTO MY LIFE?! WHO ARE YOU TO KNOW ABOUT MY PAST?! WHO ARE YOU?!" His sudden explode causing me to flinch and accidentally drop the hot drinks. 

PRRANGG!!! The sound of the broken cups filling the quiet living room. My eyes stick onto him. His eyes seems wet. Probably mad, embarassed since I dig up his buried past. He gives a sharp gaze full of hate to me before running upstairs.

"Get out of my sight." I catch his last word before he leave. I try to catch him before Lay Oppa hold my arms, preventing me from chase after him as well as keeping me away from the broken pieces.

 

EXO POV

"Strawberry Gal, your leg..." Baekhyun's words causing the members to again turn to Haemi. Their eyes fall on Haemi's leg. There's a few scratch with blood flow from it. Probably due to broken cups. Haemi bend down to her knees as her hands pick up the pieces. The boys just watch her. They notice of her tremble hands.

"Get up. I'll clean it up for you." Kai walks nearer to Haemi, standing besides her with his arm holding out to her. But she never give a glance up to him. Somehow its annoy him out.

"I said, get up Shin Haemi." Again, she ignores him. Kai harshly grab her hands when she winced in pain. Kai looks down to her fingers. Bloods are oozing out of the sliced cut.

"Let's go." Kai pull her away, let the rest of the boys to clean the mess up.

 

Kai POV

I softly blow on her fingers, hoping the medicine will dry faster and heals the cut in no time. I take a glance at her, she seems to blank way to a space where I can't reach her. I'm about to open my mouth when she did first.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault." I stare to her eyes. They are full of sadness, pain, regret. All in one time. I shake my head, caling her down. I convinced her that it was not her fault. It is our fault for speaking it out loud and keep bringing the past out. I return to treating her fingers when I see drops of water on her thigh-covered jeans. I look up only to meet her face, wet with tears.

"I...shouldn't say that. He must be..in pain, a lot. I..." She keep letting out words that somehoe scars my heart as well. Because everything she said, is all about D.O hyung. She didn't care of her wounded fingers. Or her scratched leg. She seems worried more about hyung rather than herself. It couldn't be...

 

I cup her cheeks, causing her to stop talking. My hands stay there for a time when she looks up at me. Her teary eyes, her wet cheeks make my heart in pain as well. I bit my lower lips as her eyes stare into mine. I search her eyes, looking for some worry about me but...nothing. The only thing I can see is how she felt about D.O hyung.

"Can't you see me..? Look at me, even for a while. Look for me..." I softly rub her cheeks as she feel confused of my words. And without realising, I lean myself to her. Slowly. Near. 

 

"Sorry but...she's mine." Both of us stunned to an arm that grip mine on her cheeks. I look up only to meet D.O hyung who looking down the floor. Even Haemi looks stun to him.

"I'm taking her over." D.O hyung looks up as he stare at me. Deeply.