[9]

Exo Next Door 2

Kai POV

I stare to the outside of the tinted window. The day is bright and sunny but somehow I feel down and depressed. I lean to the seat, fixing my position when I realize of my leg. I glance down, my left leg in cast. I totally forgot of why I am in the van and heading home. Earlier incident replayed at the back of my head.

 

"Jongin-ah, you have to turn the other way around. Again." I exhaled my tired breath, sweats tricking down on side of my face. Again, I returned to my position and dance as instructed. I don't even noticed how wrong my feet moves before all of a sudden, I was on the floor. I grabbed my left ankle, gripped it tight so it won't move. The members rushed to me including the choreographer. He touched the place, ensured the pain level before asked the rest to lift me up.

 

"Hard to say, but he had to stop all practices that involved his leg for a fully recovery. The sprain seems much more serious than before, causing the old wound to re-open. Looks like he had to be excused from the activities."

 

I sigh as the car moves on the road, leading me to our current home. I feel depressed because I let myself get hurt, I feel down because due to this injury, I had let my hyungs to work harder to cover the empty spot in the dance.

 

Haemi POV

I am on my way for today's chores when their van appeared. I feel curious so I step closer but halt halfway when I see Kai on a wheelchair with a casted leg. He looks...gloomy. His manager push him towards the house, kind of struggle because unfortunately, the house have lots of stairs. I walk nearer them without them notice.

"Need help?" Kai turn to me. He seems shocked but then look away. I kind of confused. Did I say something wrong?

 

"Of course. It'll be great to have another hand." I smile to the manager before I reach Kai's hand. At first, he seems to stiffen himself, unwilling to accept my help but after a while, he have to or his manager will be late to be with the rest. Kai slowly stand on, before I place his thick arm around my shoulder. We walk one at a time on the stair before Kai almost stumble his face on the step causing me to swiftly grab his waist. Both of us kind of stun as we look at each other.

"You're ok?" Kai hummed before he sets himself up and we continue the steps.

 

EXO POV

Suho release a heavy breath as he lean beside the practice room door. He just came out of the office, received Kai's news. He glances into the small window, watching s practicing their steps, again and again. It took them hundreds of practice to be perfect. He has no heart to tell them that the steps will be change to fill Kai's position. He has no will to tell Baekhyun that he has to replace Kai for duo dance, with Sehun. But he has no power to not to do so. He is a worker in the company as well as their leader. A really hard position for anybody to hold responsibility. A position where you had to tell the members of the company's plan but at the same time you had to understand the members' desires. A position that forces you to be firm of your words. Suho bit his lower lip, once again strengthen his heart before he enter the room.

"Hey kids..."

 

Kai POV

My eyes follows as Haemi moves around the living room, cleaning every spot. She seems focus with her job since she really ignores me who is sitting on the couch here. I change my gaze as I stare at my hand, the same spot she held me earlier. I smile as I still clearly remember how close we were. Her small hands on my waist as I hug her shoulder, how close we were that I can smell her strawberry scent. Though at first, I felt embarassed for her to see me in this helpless situation but reminding myself that this could be my chance to get closer, I decided to stay calm.

"Second time." Now that I recalled, the first time we were that close would be at the airport where I mistaken her for D.O hyung.

D.O hyung. Another name that cause me to sigh for the nth time. I glance at Haemi who is now in the kitchen, wiping the island as she places dirty mugs in the sink. I wonder, what about her? If D.O hyung have a thing for her, what about Haemi? Does she have the same feeling towards him? Those questions keep playing around my head for a while before I slowly fallen asleep, bringing Haemi together in my dream.

 

Haemi POV

I feel uncomfortable because right now, I am pretty sure that I am being observed. I tempt to glance at the figure sitting on the couch but no, Haemi, you have lots to do. So I just ignore him and continue working. I don't know what is playing inside his head but I keep hearing his sighing. I really wanna ask him if his injury that serious because to me, it is. Even his manager have this kind of concern look on his face as he send Kai home earlier. I clean up the island, wondering would it be fine if I ask him. But just as I am about to do so, I notice that he is already fallen asleep in an uncomfortable position on the couch.

 

"Kai, wake up. Your back gonna hurt. Hey Kai..." I softly shakes his shoulder, in hope he wake up and change his position but it seems to me that he have a harsh day because he did not move not even a flinch. I smile as stand upright only to be shocked with a figure right at the door.

 

"Who are you?" I am stunned she really looks familiar. Wait, I've seen her before. The figure steps forward towards the living room. As she stand before me, it gets clearer.

 

"You're...Krystal. Of f(x)!!!"