[5]

Exo Next Door 2

Haemi POV

I watches Yeonhee Unnie trying the clothes in front of the mirror. Few dresses are all over the bed, few of them are in her hands. She throws dress that out of leagues and keep testing the others whether they are suitable for the reunion. I checks on the time. It is 7.45 and the party starts in 15 minutes more. I glances to my own outfit. A black dress that reaches below my knees and a black sling bag. Well, this is not my party so I don't bother with my outift.

"Aaarghhh...Not even one is suitable. Should we just stay at home?" Yeonhee Unnie suddenly turn to me, blinking her sparkling eyes. I places my palms on her cheeks.

"Unnie, just wear anything. Be yourself. That's important. Oh, and this too." I point to her chest. Yeonhee Unnie pouts before she curls her fingers into fist.

"You're right. I should be proud to be Yeonhee." I awkwardly join her before watch her changes into a light pink dress reaches her knee with black leggings.

"Let's go."

 

EXO POV

"Chanyeol-ah, stop walking. You give me headache." Chanyeol gives his hyung a sharp glance before continues walking back and forth. Sehun and Lay is absorbed into their video games. Xiumin is leaning to the couch with Kai besides him. Baekhyun and Chen is watching the two kids playing while guiding them with their loud voices.

"Don't worry too much, Chanyeol-ah. America Gal is with Incheon Gal, right? She will take good care of her, don't you worry." Baekhyun ensures him while feeding himself the chips.

"If you're that worry, call her then." Kai interrupts. Chanyeol ruffles his hair roughly before leave for his room.

"Chanyeol hyung don't know how to date."Sehun opens his mouth, saying his thoughts when suddenly a nudge at his head. He turns to meet Chanyeol.

"Are you better than me?!" Chanyeol glares at him before really leave for his room.

"Aigooo, pity for our maknae."

"Just do well in your game."

'Why me is the only one who getting hit?' Sehun pouts before continues his game.

"Ah...where is D.O?"

 

D.O POV

I sit at the study table for a long time, studying my drama script but I'm still at the same page. I glances to my knuckles. The only sound left my lips is sigh. I plops my head on the table, rewind last night. Confronting Chanyeol.

 

"Why suddenly you're calling me? In the middle of the night?" I came near to Chanyeol who has his back on me.

"D.O-ah...firstly, take this." He turn and swiftly swing his fist. It hit my corner lips before I stumbled backwards. I turn sharply to him who seems furious. I can see from his two eyes.

"Y-Yah...Chanyeol-ah..." He watches me before glances away. I look at him with frown on my forehead, trying to grasp the situation.

"You should tell me. About Yeonhee." I frozen to his statement. How did he know?

"Sorry. For not telling you, I'm afraid this will bring us apart. By the way, she's closer to you than me you know. How can I win against childhood memories?" He chuckles to me. I walk closer to him.

"Chanyeol-ah...treat her well." By that, I swing my fist to him. Repay time.

 

By then, a LINE message comes in. I open it. From Yeonhee.

'My friend, is this okay? I'm afraid to ask Chan, he will throw a fit seeing me in this.' She sent a photo of her and Haemi.

'It suits you well. Oh, Chanyeol seems worry about you. How about a call and ensure him you're okay? Have a nice reunion.' I replied to her message.

I stare at the photo again. My eyes are on that one girl. From head to toe, all black. I smile to that thought. She really just like me.

"Thinking about it again, why she insists of going to the reunion? So shameless, this girl." I scrunches my face to that thought again.

 

Haemi POV

I glances around. They are talking and enjoying themselves. Even Yeonhee is having with her friends. I take a sip of the alcohol before making my way outside. The night is so beautiful with stars filling the sky.

"I never seen you before." I turn to a guy who is holding his drinks. He talks without a glance to me.

"I came with Yeonhee Unnie." The guy turn to me, glancing from up to down.

"Yeonhee's sister?"

"Close one. Meet Haemi, she came from America. Taking some time off before continue at our university." Yeonhee interrupts him.

"Ah..our junior going-to-be? Nice to meet you, I'm Cho Minhwan." Right before I give him a handshake, Yeonhee Unnie suddenly grab on my hand.

"I think we should leave. Let's go, Haemi-ah."

 

Chanyeol POV

I glances to the left and right of the road. There's no sight of those two girls. I've decided to take a walk while waiting for them.

"Where are you going?" I turn to D.O who come from the house.

"She's not here, yet. I wonder...why are you laughing?" He chuckles to my words.

"Nothing. Just amused to this side of Chanyeol."

We decided to take a walk of the neighbourhood since we don't have the chances to walk around without masks on. By then, we hear chattering from afar. We see two figures chatting and joking.

"Do you want to wake the neighbours up?"

 

Haemi POV

I turn to meet Chanyeol and D.O Oppa. I wave to them while dragging Yeonhee Unnie who seems drunk a little.

"What are you doing here? Without masks?" Chanyeol Oppa takes Yeonhee Unnie from me before piggyback her.

"Let's get home. It's getting late." Without answering me, he leaves. I stare at D.O Oppa who shrugged his shoulder.

Not far from our houses, I sense some figures stalking the neighbourhood. I grabs D.O Oppa's hand without realize before grabs Chanyeol's arms to hide.

"What's wrong?" I point them to that few figures.

"Aihh...Do they have no life?" Chanyeol grumbles and complaints regarding the sasaeng fans.

"If we keep going, it will harm Yeonhee and Haemi." Even D.O Oppa is being concern about this. I then remember placing a mask in the bag. I reach for it before wearing it to Chanyeol Oppa.

"Oppa go first with Yeonhee Unnie. Leaving her in this state is worrisome." Chanyeol glances to both of us.

"You guys?" I take a peek at D.O Oppa and at the same time, he also take a peek at me.

"It's okay. We just wandering around. Text me if they are gone." D.O Oppa suddenly take my hands and leave while Chanyeol Oppa take a breath before stepping to the house. Before he left, I still can hear him.

"Ji Yeonhee, you really..."But no angry tone in it. He chuckles to the situation. Probably, his first time of risking everything for a girl he loved.

 

D.O POV

We walk almost far from the earlier spot. And without realize, my hands still grabbing hers. As we reach a mini-mart, I let go of her hands. She also realizes it before pulls it awkwardly.

"For the time being, let's stay here." She nods with a small smile. I walk inside awkward before takes a place at the window, watching the night.

She comes with a cup of ramen and a box of strawberry milk. Ignoring me completely, she enjoys her sweet time with her ramen. As she takes a sip of the soup, she glances at me.

"Do you have to watch me like that?" I smile.

"Why? It concerns you?" She nods as she wipe her lips. I notices some leftover on her corner lips. I wipe it with my thumb before glancing to the outside.

"That's good, then. It means I've still got charms." She tsked to my statement before gulping her milk.

"Strawberry Gal." She chokes on her milk before turn to him.

"What?" I turn to him, this time with a wide smile.

"Since you liked strawberry that much. Milk, hair." She touches her hair before awkwardly glancing away. I can see she's smiling from aside and unconsiously, I smile too.

 

Haemi POV

"Ah, this. It's yours, right? The plane." I gives him the MP3 that he left behind in the plane. He looks at it before reaches to it.

"I thought I lost it. Thank you." I smile before gets back to my milk.

"So, what will you call me then?" His sudden question makes me tilt my head

"Well, you call other members with Oppa and their names. How about me? Am I...an Oppa too?" He moves his head near me causing me to glance away. I bit my lower lips thinking of the names. I know he chuckles to my reaction because you see, I'm fine with other members but when I'm with him, I feel sudden shy. Probably because how we actually met each other causing me to feel this way.

"Kyungsoo Oppa." I turn to him as he watches the night from the window. 

"Call me Kyungsoo Oppa, from now onwards." He smile widely as he turn to me. I widely smile as well. We keep smiling and look downwards, shy to each other as the night goes by.

Our first...long conversation.

 

Kai POV

"Chanyeol hyung, where is D.O hyung?" Chanyeol hyung just got home with a smile on his face. He then stops his steps before searching for his phone in the his jeans.

"Ah, D.O and Haemi. I almost forget about them." I frown to his words. D.O hyung? Haemi?

"D.O was with me when we waited for them. We met few sasaeng fans and decided to separate. I sent Yeonhee first."

"And both of them...are together?"

"Well.. I think so. I've already text him. He'll come soon. I go upstairs first." Chanyeol hyung leaves me with questions lingering around my head. D.O hyung...have something towards Haemi? Not like what I think,...right? It can't be.