Prologue

Exo Next Door 2

Haemi POV

I look to the outside of the window. The weather is a bit chilly and I could see tiny flakes fall from the white sky. It's winter season. And, as usual I make a visit to my homeland. Seoul, Korea. I thanked the taxi driver and get off the car. I walks through the neighbourhood, looking to my left and right. As I walk, I passes by a small playground. The kids are playing and near them, I can see few parents are sitting and laughing together with their children. I stop my steps as I watch them. A faint smile paints my face. 

My name is Shin Haemi. I'm 24 years old. I grown up in U.K so I'm still new to the Korean languange. My parents, they used to live in Seoul. They were a happy couple, I suppose. Well, you see, I don't actually remember them. What I know from people around me is that we were on our way to celebrate my 5th birthday when suddenly my dad's car got hit by a truck from sideway. When I woke up, the only thing that I remember is...my name. I grew up knowing that my parents buried in Korea. And today was their 19th death anniversary and here I am, paying them another visit. 

I give my final glance to the playground before walk away from there, hoping that one day I can feel the happiness of having a person that you loved by  your side.

 

Yeonhee POV

I take a final glance to my reflection in the mirror. Hair, done. Makeup, slightly. Outfit, done. I paint a wide grin and I know, my face is dam red right now. Well, I can't help it since it's my nature. All because of that guy. What have you done to me, Chan? Just then, a LINE message enter my phone. I check on it.

'Time to work. Bbyyongg~~ - Chan'

I blushes to the words, imagining him talking to me. I squeals all by myself before coming back to Earth. I shakes my head, curling my fist and talking to myself.

"Just act normal, Ji Yeonhee. He's Chan, your childhood friend. Who is now my boyfriend." She blushes one again before take her steps to her neighbour's house. Well, not an ordinary neighbour's house when there are like 9 hot guys living in there.

 

EXO POV

"Hyung, when will Incheon Gal be here? I'm hungry." Sehun laying flat on the floor, with pouty face. He rubbed his empty stomach, asking for food. Chanyeol smirks to the sight while taking a sip of water. Baekhyun tsked the maknae's behaviour as he throws the cushion and hit him right on his face. Chanyeol laugh before he looks around, searching for someone.

"Where is D.O? I barely see him lately." Kai, Xiumin and Baekhyun glance to each other, sending secret signals.

"D.O hyung is having a solo schedule, again? I thought his new drama has over." ask Sehun. The members leave the question unanswered. Chanyeol shrugs his shoulder before walking upstairs to work on his new melody.

"He still didn't know?"ask Xiumin. 

"It's better this way, hyung. They will be awkward if the truth got revealed." Baekhyun stares outside. He wondering what is D.O doing outside in the morning. He knows him well. D.O still in accepting mode that Incheon Gal and Chanyeol are an item now. But still, D.O avoiding Chanyeol is too obvious.

 

D.O POV

'The neighbourhood never changes, I guess.' I am thinking to myself as I am taking a walk around the neighbourhood which I can't during my former time staying there. My legs stop at the same playground. My head replays that time when Yeonhee waited for Chanyeol until got frozen up. How she rejected his offer to go home and how easily she said that...they were friends. I let out a heavy sigh.

'Never befriend a girl, D.O'

I keeps reminding himself about that. I'm afraid that in the future, same things happen where I can only stay friends with a girl that I like.

 

Third POV

She takes her first step from there, not knowing that step is her first step towards a brighter and long future. 

He takes his first step from there, not knowing that step is also a first step of him to walk out from the past and walk towards his future.

As they walk, Haemi keeps looking at her phone in her hands and D.O is looking down to the ground as he is hiding his identity. They walk past each other, not knowing a red strings appeared and make a knot between them.