Chapter 5

A Warm December

 

Okay. So, I’ve calmed down considerably. I admit it, I might’ve overreacted a bit... okay a lot. I sighed lightly and stared into my now-empty cup. Everyone around me was all fluffy-rainbow-smile-unicorn-princess-pretty-pants… and then there was me, stuck in the middle… all Senior-Jupiter-. In other words, I was sitting between Chaerin and Jjong, and totally felt out of place, and in the way – if you know what I mean.

They kept giving each other weird looks over me, either leaning forwards or back words to see each other faces. I tried to ignore it by talking to Minji and Dara. Minho seemed to be off in his own world, and Bom and Jinki were seemingly grossed in a conversation about god knows what, and Taemin was leaning on Jinki’s shoulders, looking perfectly comfortable as Jinki played with his finger absent mindedly, he even added to the conversation every now and then.

I suddenly heard whispers behind me, though I guess they weren’t sudden, just too loud for me to ignore now. I stood up rather abruptly, startling everyone at the table, I didn’t look down at any of them, I just looked vaguely ahead of me, staring at nothing in particular as I tried to keep my expression even.

“I’m going back first.” I nodded once down and Minji and Dara who I’d just been talking to and walk out of the café, into the lobby, and out the doors. No one followed me, which was kind of depressing if you think about it, but I know that if someone did, I would’ve ed them out, so it’s better this way.

---

“Come in!” I called to who ever knocked on my door seconds before. I lightly blew on my toes, trying to make the clear-coat dry faster. My door creaked open, and some one stepped in, I looked up mid blow to see Jjong standing there smiling like an idiot.

“Yes?” I asked, returning my attention back to my now semi-dry toes.

“I just thought I’d check up on you… you’ve been up here since the rest of us got home,” which by the way was about a half hour ago, and it’s now eleven o’clock, it was seven when I got home. “And, I was just going to let you know that we’re going skiing with the girls tomorrow.” He said that last part really fast, so I don’t know if I heard right. I stopped mid blow to look up at him.

“We’re doing what?” I asked in an incredulous tone.

“Going skiing with the girls… it was Bom and Chae’s idea.” Chae? Did he just call her Chae? “And Taemin is really excited to ski for the first time… and you know Minho and his sports…” he trailed off, seeming to have run out of ideas on how to mae it seem like it was a good idea.

“And you’re telling me because?” I pulled the toe-separator-thingys out and wiggled my feet, trying to wake them up.

“Well, because it wouldn’t be as fun without you! And Chae wants you to come too. And Dara said she wouldn’t have anyone to talk too if you didn’t come… And because I want you to…” I looked at him, trying to read his blush-ridden face. I kept searching for a secret meaning, but didn’t see anything. I sighed.

“Ahh, okay, fine.” I opened my toiletry bag to search for my ice-colored nail polish. I thought as long as I’ll be wearing gloves all day, might as well use it. I looked at him, seeing as he was still here. He seemed happy with himself.

“Really? Awesome! Okay, have fun… painting, I’m going to go call Chae and let her know.” And with that he left the room. I just sat there staring at the door, trying to not melt holes into it. I held my breath for a few seconds then breathed out a heavy sigh. This was going to be interesting.