Chapter 3

A Warm December

 

I ran through the door screaming.

“Jjong, you’re such an !” I didn’t even think twice, I ran up the stairs before Minho, Taemin or Jinki could even get to the hallway. I stood at the top of the stairs fidgeting, I just realized, I didn’t have a room to go to. I looked behind me to see everyone – apart from Jjong – standing at the bottom of the stairs. Minho looked up at me.

“Just pick which ever room you want hyung.” He said in a calm voice, I nodded and stormed to the one at the very end of the hallway.

I slammed the door behind me for unneeded emphasis. I didn’t move for a second, taking in my surroundings. The room had one queen-sized bed, with red fleece sheets – they looked vintage – with a wood-knotted bed frame. There was a big window that seeming lead to a roof, that looked like you could climb on it if you wanted. I heaved a sigh and slumped to the floor. Two seconds ago I was pissed to no extent at Jjong, and now I’m admiring my oddly-chosen-room. Maybe it’s my time of the month. I started to giggle uncontrollably until I was laughing with tears in my eyes, rolling on the ground and hitting the floor in an attempt to catch my breath.

After awhile there was a knock on my door, I sobered quickly.

“Go away Jjong.” I said to the faceless-knock, taking a guess. It open a crack and a head popped in.

“Oh, sorry Minho, what’s up?”

“Can I talk to you?” I nodded at him, pulling my legs into a crisscrossed position. He slid in and closed the door softly behind him before plopping down next to me.

“What happened?” he began.

“Oh, Jjong was just being an .” I said to him flatly looking over towards the bed on my right.

“I gathered that much.” He said unsatisfied. I gave him a pointed look, but continued anyway.

“Well, he was normal at first. Like we were wrestling around in the snow – because we were having a snowball fight – and suddenly we heard this giggling from farther down the lawn. We saw this three pretty girls who were decked out in skiing gear-” I looked at him “You getting this?” he nodded, I did too in response and kept going. “So, they were like going skiing or something, and like so, Jjong gets off me in a giant hurry, and laughs this stupid forced-nervous laugh. I scowled at his back and he started to talk to the girls. As if it wasn’t bad enough they were here period, they spoke Korean! I was like are you serious? Like omo.” I took a breath, “so anyway, hes talking to them and they asked something along the lines of what are relationship was, and he’s just like ‘oh he’s just a friend’ and the one girl’s face was so shocked. She goes, ‘he’s a boy? Oh I thought that was your girlfriend.’ I wanted to kill her. Thinking Jjong would defend me or something, I didn’t say anything. He just goes ‘ yeah he’s feminine. That’s why it’s easy to play with him.’ so I was like ‘oh hush up you like it.’  And he goes ‘shut up Kibum’ and pushed me back down into the snow!” I gave Minho a minute to take that in.

“So let me get this straight, Jjong gets up talked to girls that you don’t like, and somehow insults you, then… well, what he do after you fell onto the ground?”

“He walked over to the girls! And then I got up and came inside. Didn’t he come back in after awhile?”

“No.”

“That bastard! I bet he went off with them. I hope he chokes on the hot cocoa I bet he’s buying them.” I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest like a child. Minho patted my shoulder.

“I’m sure he’s too cheap for that.” Minho consoled, I couldn’t help but crack a smile.

“He’s so misleading.” I sighed and got up. “I want food; let’s go bake a cake or something.” Minho got up and chuckled.

“Sure hyung, whatever you want.”