Chapter 4

A Warm December

 

A/N: before you start reading, i just wanted you to know i changed this up a lot, this is chapter four, but it would've been three and i added a different chapter one. so if you want to read that go ahead. And so so so sorry for not updating! School is a , but i promise to have this done my christmas!

-----

 

Minho and I were in the middle of our oh-so-exciting task of watching my cake rise in the oven when a disheveled looking Jinki and Taemin walked out of the room behind us.

“Were you two sleeping or something?” I ask, “That’s a bed room right?” Taemin’s cheeks burned a crimson red; Jinki just looked out the window. I raised an eyebrow, but I didn’t feel like investigating at the moment. I’ll pry Jinki for more info later.

“Uh, Jjonghyung called me cell awhile back and said he would be at the ski lodge, he’s haning out with some friends or something.” Taemin said walking over to where me and Minho were stationed on the floor in front of the oven. I scoffed.

Friends? We just got here, how can he make friends?”

“No, he knew them or something, said we did too.” I looked over at Minho, he shrugged. Just then the timer dinged on the oven. I leaped up and hastily took it out and set it to cool – I’d decorate it later, I had more important things to do.

“Minho get your coat, we’re going skiing.”

---

All four of us decided to go meet up with Jjong. We entered the lobby of the ski lodge and spotted the entrance to the café. We side stepped into the doors taking a pic peek around to see if we could spot him.

Scanning the crowed over a few times, my eyes finally landed on the back of his red sweater. I narrowed my eyes and tugged on the sleeve of Minho’s shirt, yanking him along as I stalked up to Jjong.

“Excuse me.” I said in a dry voice, “am I interrupting something?” Jjong turned around to face me, and smiled. Smiled. The nerve.

“Hey guys!” he turned fully towards us, and I caught a glimpse of the girl who he was previously chatting with. She looked vaguely familiar…

“Ah! Kibum-oppa! Minho-oppa!” a cute faced girl poked her head around Jjong and smiled up at us, it took a few seconds but it finally clicked.

“Minji?!” I exclaimed taking a step back.

“Yeah! Didn’t you see us before? We were talking to you and Jonghyun-oppa outside your chalet!” she smiled again. Does that mean…?

“Jonghyun! I got the coffee and latte you wanted.” I looked passed Minji and Jjong to see exactly who I was looking for walk up. Chaerin.

“Thanks Chaerin.” He said taking both. Why did he need both? He doesn’t even like lattes!

“Oh! Hey Minho-ssi, Kibum-ssi. Nice of you guys to join us, are Jinki and Taemin here too?” she raised her head, going on her tiptoes to look around the room.

“Yeah they’re over at the bar getting something to drink, did you want to say hi? I don’t think they know you guys are here too.” Minho stepped in, moving around me to stand in front of her.

“Oh yeah! Sure, I haven’t spoken to Jinki in forever.” She looped her arm through Minho’s and then walked off to some direction behind me. I glanced at Jjong, giving him an ‘explain’ look. Minji seemed to get the hint and cleared .

“I’m going to go find Bom, we’ll be by the lounge area.” She glanced at me, then walked off. I turned my attention back to Jjong, he gave me an un-sure smile.

“Here,” he said, handing me the tall mug, the one with the latte in it. “I knew that if you came you’d want one.” I took it from him and smiled down at it.

“So, it was them who were outside earlier?” I mumbled before bringing the mug to my lips.

“Yeah, couldn’t you tell?” I shook my head and gingerly took a sip, I removed it from my lips almost immediately – it was burning.

“Oh, well yeah, it was them. They’ve finished their Japan promotions too. They got here about three days ago though.” I nodded and brought the mug back to my lips, I suddenly felt so stupid. I’m such a drama queen. I didn’t drink from the mug, it was just there to keep me from sighing.

“You okay Kibum?” I lifted my gaze of the floor to look at him. My cheeks flushed as I realized that I had stormed all the way down here to yell at him for making me look bad in front of people we didn’t – but actually did – know, and then yell at him for – seemingly – flirting with them, because I was his – not really – yeobo, so he can’t look at any one else.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said and turned my head away from his gaze. He didn’t buy it.

“Kibum, talk to me.” I looked back at him only to be staring dead straight at his big chocolate brown puppy-dog eyes. My breath caught. I shook my head.

“It’s nothing Jjong, just me being stupid. Don’t worry about it.” I looked down at my hand again. “Thanks for the latte.” He moved up beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Come on,” he said pulling me off to a corner of the room, “let’s go meet up with the others.”