Chapter 12

A Warm December

 

“K-k-Kibum?” Jjong stuttered as he started to move forward slowly towards me, as if he was afraid I’d run away. I waited patiently for him to be close enough to reach out for. Once he was in range I jumped on him, burying my face into the crook of his neck, and holding him close.

“Hi Jjong.” Was all I said. I said it as if nothing special was going on, completely casually. I separated from the very shocked-looking Jjong in front of me, and peered around him to see Chaerin standing in the door way hesitantly. I made my way around Jjong to stand in front of her. I bowed.

“I’m so sorry for being rude earlier Chaerin. Please don’t take offence to what I’d said. I straightened form my bow, Chaerin’s mouth opened at shut a few times before she finally spoke.

“Please! Don’t be sorry! Are you feeling better? That’s not something people usually say when they first wake up from being passed out the whole night from the cold! Please, don’t worry about me.” She moved her hands hesitantly around me as she said this, wanting to hold onto me, but unsure where to touch. I smiled and held out my hand towards her.

“So, we’re all good?” she looked at my hand, then up at me, and hesitantly held it.

“We’re great!” i said and shook it.

---

We were all sitting around the coffee table in the center of the living room. Everyone was filling me in on what had happened after I left. But the conversation was light, no one was upset. As the story went on, I realized no one mentioned Minho saving me. I decided to speak up.

“So how did Minho find me?” I asked sincerely. Every one stopped talking and looked at me. “Well, I mean I was in the middle of nowhere…” I continued slowly. Minho cleared his throat.

“Uhm, Kibum, it wasn’t me who found you.” He said, his voice was hesitant, yet confident in what he said. I blinked, then looked around the room.

“But I said your name, and we talked… Was it Jinki?” I looked at Jinki who looked surprised when his name was brought up.

“Not me Kibum, it was Jonghyun.” He said simply, and then clasped his hand over his mouth. Was it supposed to be a secret?

“I-it was Jjong?” I looked over at him and he smiled sheepishly, blushing slightly.

“Thank you Jonghyun. I owe you everything.” I said in a definite tone. He looked at me with confusion in his eyes, the others seemed unsure as well.

“So, you said you ‘talked’ to Jjong, who you thought was me, what did you say?” Minho asked, choosing his words carefully. I stopped and thought for a second.

“I… don’t really remember. I just remember saying ‘I’m sorry. For being an idiot.’ At least I think that’s what I said. I really don’t know.” Every one breathed out slightly. Jjong’s blush grew deeper. He stood up suddenly. Chaerin jumped slightly in her seat next to him, she looked concerned. He turned and walked into the kitchen. Shortly afterwards Chaerin fallowed.

“Did… I say something wrong?”