An Ugly Truth

The Tales

It was night and Hara is sitting in her room. She was waiting for Junhyung to come, but he doesn't show up. She has the thought of going to sleep when a soft knock was heard on her door.

She opened the door and Junhyung walked in.

"Guess you are waiting for me,"

"Let's skip the talks. Say what you want to the point," Hara glared at him.

"I want you to poison the prince. I don't want to know what you're going to do in the progress, I just want him die."

"I am the princess' maid, not the prince. How could you ask me to do something like that? First of all, why you choose me?" She asked, pissed off with the fact there's a lot other person, but Junhyung choose her to do the sin.

"Can't you see that love is growing on them?" He sneered. "Even though the prince isn't poison, the princess might as well poison, ain't she?"

"What do you exactly mean?" Hara furrowed her eyebrows, really can't understand what he means.

"It means, if the princess die, the prince would be hurt too!" He shouted.

"Why...?"

"Everything that I ever wants, he got it!"

"What do you...?"

"Let me tell you an ugly truth..." He whispered to Hara, "I am the king's son."

Hara covered . "So- you are?"

"Yes, I am illegitimate son of the king." He looked at Hara's eyes. "If the king just let people know, I might as well feel good. But he.. he asked one of his minister to take care of me! It means he doesn't want to know me... doesn't want people to recognize me as his son! Do you know that it hurts? The fact that your own father doesn't want to recognize you?" He asked, staring at Hara's caring eyes.

"Even so, you cannot blame the prince for it."

"I haven't told you why. The day when he was born... was the day when my mother died." Junhyung said. "My father, the so-called minister, married my mom because the king force him too. Pity him, and pity me. He hates me from all his heart, and I hate my real father because of it. The day my mother died, the king was happy because his queen gave birth to a healthy son. That was when I just four year old. But at that time... I swear I would make his life turns upside down."

"When do you find out that you are the king's son?"

"Ever since I was born, the minister with the title my father, always look at me with his hatred eyes. And when I was able to understand the world, the day when I could speak, he already told me the whole truth. Everyday I have to listen and hurt because of his action." Junhyung said.

"I'm sorry," Hara mumbled, reaching out her hand to comfort him, but stopped half-way. She has no rights to touch royal body. After all, he was the king's blood son.

"Why did you stop?" He asked, knowing she was about to touch him.

"I am a lowly maid, I shouldn't touch you," Hara explained.

"I am an illegitimate son," He said, reaching out his hand and slowly brush her hair.

She turned her face. "Bachelor Junhyung," She called. "It's useless if you kill him now. I'm pretty sure the prince and princess haven't love each other, and there's no use to kill one of them. It's better if you wait them falling for each other." Hara said, and thought, and     giving me time to think of escaping this hell.

"You got a point there," He said.

"Why don't you wait until they really love each other first?" Hara asked.

Junhyung thinks a while before nodding his head. "Fine, then I'll wait."


Yoona looked at her husband. "Taec," She called. "Is there something wrong?"

"No," He replied. "You know, I was thinking if you would like to spend a day with me tomorrow."

"To where? And I'm glad if you give some time for us to be together."

"I will bring you to my secret place tomorrow." He said, smiling.

"Really?!" Yoona asked happily. "Promise me, then," She said, linking her pinky finger with his.

"Such a kid," He teased.

"Humph, there's nothing wrong to act like a kid. You like it, don't you?" She asked.

"How many days have we been married?" Taecyeon asked.

"How could you forget that?!" Yoona's eyes grew bigger. "We have been married for three months, though."

No wonder... Taecyeon thought. I will miss her when I don't see her.

Unknownly, a smile crept on his face.

Why does he smile like that? Creepy!!!!!!!!!!! Yoona thought frantically, cannot help herself from giggling.


The next day.

Today is the day! Taecyeon thought.

"Hara~" Yoona frantically called. "What should I wear????"

"Princess, anything you wear still looks good on you." Hara smiled.

"But I need the best! He is going to bring me somewhere." Yoona smiled.

"You must be very happy," Hara said sincerely while her mind still thinking of Junhyung. She doesn't want to do any sin. What should she do then?

"I am!" Yoona exclaimed.

Hara helps Yoona wearing a long gown, the one that usually the princess wear, but this one is more simple. Yoona, though she wants to looks beautiful, she prefers something that would give her more space then the dress that heavier than her weight. (The one that Han Ga-In wears in The Moon That Embraces The Sun. yellow with pink one)

"Let's go now!" Yoona said as she walked towards Taecyeon's working room.

Taecyeon was observing the papers when Yoona walked in and he stands up in a flash as he heard the door opened.

"You're done?" He asked, smiling. "Let's go then, I guess."

They went somewhere with their servant behind.

He walked to a bridge at the Eastern Palace, and turned his head to his servant, "From here, leave us alone," He demanded as he made his way across the bridge. With his eyes, he made a contact with Yoona where they should be going.

"So, this is your so-called secret place?" Yoona chuckles, observing the place.

It was a garden full of flowers and the place is really great.

"Here, sit." He said, patting the space beside him. He was sitting on a bench in the garden.

"It's beautiful," She praised innocently.

"Yeah, like you." He smiled cheekily.

Yoona turned and furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you just meant that I'm beautiful?"

"Well you are, aren't you?" He asked.

"Taec," She warned. "I'm not going to answer that. I am humble and friendly. I won't praise myself."

Taecyeon laughed.

For him, Yoona is sure a funny girl.

"Anyway, shouldn't we be going back?"

"Let's see the sun set together." He said, wrapping his arms around her shoulder. "It's not like we could do this everyday."

Yoona slowly leaned her head on his shoulder

What a beautiful day, ain't it?

A figure looked at them enviously, and turned back to the Kingdom.