The Dara Charm

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Dara and Bom already arrived at the YG Training Center earlier than their call time. Dara wanted to practice the songs again before the training starts. This is the only time she can practice anyway since she doesn’t have a keyboard at home. The only way Dara was able to sneak in some playing in the past years was through the pianos in some of the bars that she was able to work in or those displayed at the malls.

 

Bom and Dara were practicing their second song when the trainees started to come in the room. It was the girls who arrived first.

 

‘Anneyeongaseyo yorobun!’ Dara greeted brightly.

 

‘What’s up girls?’ Tom said while bowing to each girl, counting them in the process. ‘Oh. I see some of you is missing. Who’s not here yet?'

 

‘Oh, yes. Chae is not here. She has an audition in the YG main building.’ a trainee named Jennie answered.

 

‘Omo! Daebak!’ Bom shouted in awe.

 

‘Oh! That’s today? Yesterday she mentioned to me that she is nervous auditioning for a featuring. I’m really happy for her. Whose song is it she is auditioning?’ Dara asked.

 

‘It’s a song of G Dragon sunbaenim.’ another trainee, Jisoo, said.

 

‘Heul- Double daebak’ Bom reacted.

 

‘Dara unnie, Chae said she is thankful for your advice yesterday. She was really nervous ever since she learned this audition and was always anxious. She mentioned to us that you were able to help her lessen her doubts.’ Jennie said to Dara.

 

‘Yassss! Looks like Chae received the Dara charm. Kekekeke.’ Bom announced.

 

‘What the... What Dara charm are you talking about Bommie?!’ Dara exclaimed.

 

‘Your charm. In case you haven’t noticed, you kinda give some of the best advices in the world. Like seriously, you should set up a website on the internet or something and let people pay you to hear your advice. You know what girls, if not for Dara my life would have been a total mess since I was sixteen.’ Bom proudly announced.

 

‘If I was that good, we should have been very rich by now Bommie. I see that I am giving the wrong advices since we’re still stuck in our sorry state because you keep buying Bigbang stuff.’ Dara quipped.

 

The girls laughed at Bom and Dara’s antics. Since there are not a lot of unnies in YGE, they find both of them refreshing.

 

The other trainees also started to come in the training room and it got noisier and noisier. Even though it’s just their second meeting, Dara and Bom were comfortable with the trainees. Something that they learned from their part time jobs.

 

‘Good morning everyone!’ the head trainer entered the room which meant that it was time to start their training for the day.

 

It was almost 5 PM when the training ended. Some of the trainees went back to their dorm but a certain group of boy trainees opted to stay. They had worried look on their faces so Bom can’t help but approached them. 

 

‘There are just two things that makes boys look like that. 1) It’s a girl problem 2) It’s a money problem. So what is it that makes your eyebrows meet in the middle?’ Bom asked the group.

 

‘Yah Bommie! Don’t terrify the boys like that!’ Dara said while trying to approach the group.

 

One of the trainees, Song Mino went to her to guide her.

 

‘Noona this way.’ Mino said while lightly guiding Dara to where Bom and the boys are.

 

‘Now boys, what is this that Bom is saying about your eyebrows having a meeting? What’s the problem? Maybe Bom and I can help, especially if it’s about a girl.’ Dara said to the group.

 

The boys were hesitant to say what troubles them at first since it might be something that the company wants to be a secret for now. Dara sensing the hesitation of the boys, tried to alleviate their worries.

 

‘Aah, is this something confidential?’ Dara asked. The boys just nod their head in their agreement.

 

‘They’re nodding their heads Dara.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter