Meeting YG Sajangnim

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

Three weeks after the breakfast in Dara and Bom’s house, Bigbang was already shipped to Japan to prepare for their Japanese debut. GD wasn’t even able to tell Dara that he finished polishing the song they recorded. The boys’ schedule was so jam packed they literally just drop their stuff and fall asleep after each day.

 

Bom and Dara on the other hand, had been busy with the training of the YG trainees. For some reason, the program started to became difficult tenfold. They were practicing at least four songs per session and that didn’t even include the weekday dance, theatre and language lessons of the trainees. Sometimes, Dara and Bom are being called even on weekdays for some extra singing lessons. For a few days now, Dara has been hearing some speculations from the trainees about why the trainings became tougher.

 

On one Saturday lunch, the trainees gathered to discuss the new rumours alongside Dara and Bom.

 

‘Noona, here’s the latest that we know. And this 99.9% accurate.’ Seunghoon said.

 

‘Yah. The last time, you said you’ll be shipped to Japan. But you’re all still here and instead, my precious TOP is in the land of sushi.’ Bom retorted.

 

‘This time Noona, we are sure.’ Mine said mysteriously.

 

‘All right, all right. Let’s hear it.’ Dara said.

 

‘Everyone gather round!’ Seunghoon called out and the group formed a close circle with their heads close to each other.

 

Seunghoon and Mino looked at each other and then to the group.

 

'We think…’ Mino started 'that… *pause looks at the eye of everyone* the trainees… *pause and sighed* we the trainees…'

 

‘Aaah moya??! Get on with it, Mino-yah!’ Jinwhan shouted.

 

‘Arasso.’ Seunghoon interjected while nodding at Mino.

 

‘We think that there will be a show involving the trainees.’

 

‘What kind of show, oppa?’ Jennie asked.

 

‘We think it’s a reality show.’ Seunghoon said.

 

‘Reality show? Like Kpop star?’ BI asked.

 

‘Sort of? We’re not yet sure with the format.’ Mino said.

 

‘You think it’s an individual thing? Like Kpop star?’ Junhoe said.

 

‘Nah.’ Dara interjected. ‘I doubt it. It might be in groups.’

 

‘Groups?!’ a couple of trainees exclaimed.

 

‘Boys and girls?’ Jinwhan thought out load.

 

‘I don’t think so. It would be cool tho but I don’t think that will happened.’ Bom said thoughtfully.

 

Everyone were still discussing the possible format of the show for the trainees when Bobby entered the cafeteria with his laptop.

 

‘Guys, the show where Bigbang sunbaenim guested a few days ago has a rerun now.’ he announced to the room. The discussion stopped and everyone gathered to watch. Bigbang’s guesting on one of the most prestigious Japanese music show in Japan and they are the first Korean group to do so. So it is no surprise that everyone is waiting for its airing.

 

Meanwhile, Dara silently went back to the practice room and started reading the new music sheets in braille. Bom noticed Dara’s absence and started to look for her. She found her in the piano her hands in the keys but not playing at all.

 

Bom cleared to get Dara’s attention but she still remains immobile.

 

‘Dara.’ She started to call Dara softly. ‘Dara. Hey Dara!’

 

Dara was startled and finally heard Bom.

 

‘Yah. What are you shouting for?’

 

‘To better get your attention my dear.’ Bom said in a grandma voice teasingly.

 

‘What is it?’

 

‘I should ask you that question. What is it that’s bothering you that you can’t take to watch Bigbang and you’re here all alone sulking.’

 

‘I am not sulking.’ Dara said in a defence mode.

 

‘Okay. So you can’t take take to watch Bigbang, why is that?’

 

‘I did not say that!’

 

‘You only counter my second statement. Not the first.’ Bom said in retort.

 

When Dara didn’t have an answer to that, they both know Bom won this round.

 

‘I know you so well Sandara Park. When you are mad at me, you can’t even stand my breathing.’

 

‘I am not like that when I am mad at you!'

 

‘Hush. Now spill it. What’s up with you?’

 

‘It’s not a big deal.’

 

‘Apparently not, that you came running out of the pantry and sought solitude here.’

 

Dara sighed in frustration knowing that she can never win over Bom.

 

‘Fine. It’s petty tho.’

 

‘Oh honey. Love is a petty little thing.’

 

‘Wha-what? Love?!’

 

‘Why are you angry with GD your love.’

 

‘First of all, I am not angry. Second of all, GD is not my love. Third and last of all…’ she inhaled ‘I am just miffed that he stopped replying to my texts. And perhaps a bit embarrassed that I am texting him when I have no right to text him. And a little bit of angry to myself that I am miffed about all of this.’ Dara finished in one breath.

 

Bom looked at Dara and a smile broke out followed by silent giggles that didn’t escape Dara.

 

‘I can hear you.’ she said to Bom in a warning tone.

 

‘Awww. Our Dara is in lurveeeee.’ Bom giggled while hugging Dara.

 

‘Oh, for the life of me. I am not.’ Dara said resisting Bom’s hug to no avail.

 

‘I can’t believe that the day will come when you are having love problems. I am so exciteddddd.’ Bom squealed.

 

Dara rolled her eyes and was about to argue with Bom when someone entered the room and called her name.

 

‘Sandara Park-ssi?’ the man asked.

 

It sounded familiar to Dara but not quite able to pinpoint who.

 

Meanwhile, she heard Bom’s soft gasped and an ‘OMG.’

 

‘Deh? Nuguseyo?’ Dara asked.

 

‘You might not remember me but we met at GD’s studio. My name is Teddy.’

 

‘Oh! Right. Of course I remember you Teddy-ssi. Anneyeongasheyo.’ Dara bowed to where she estimates where Teddy is. ‘Annddd, this is my friend Park Bom.’ she added after earning a few elbows from Bom.

 

‘It’s nice to meet you Park Bom-ssi.’

 

‘It’s an honour to finally meet you Teddy-ssi. I am a fan of your work.’

 

‘What brings you here Teddy-ssi? Do you need the trainees?’ Dara asked.

 

‘Actually, I’m looking for you Dara-ssi.’

 

‘Me? Wh-why?’ Dara asked in surprised.

 

‘YG sajangnim wants to meet you.’ Teddy said.

 

‘What? Me?’ Dara asked again, her voice doubly surprised.

 

‘Why?’ Bom warily asked.

 

‘YG sajangnim wants to discuss a few things with you.’

 

‘Wh-what things?’ Dara asked in confusion.

 

‘She is not going anywhere without me.’ Bom said in defiance.

 

‘Actually, it’s best that you come with her Bom-ssi since YG sajangnim also wants to talk to you.’

 

‘DEH?’ both Bom and Dara exclaimed in confusion.

 

------------

Dara’s POV

 

Oh crapppp. Why I am so nervous??? As far as I know, Bom and I haven’t done anything wrong. Or… Well, you can’t count that one time we broke the cubicle door in the washroom because I can’t go out right? Or the times I broke glasses that the ajhumma started to give me paper cups right?

 

OMG! Maybe… maybe they found out that they don’t want me because of my disability?? I mean, technically, I did not undergo the employment procedure, right? That’s it, isn’t it? Ottokeeeeee.

 

‘Don’t worry Dara-ssi. It’s not bad news at all.’ Teddy-ssi said.

 

‘OMO! Did I said that out loud?’ I cried in horror.

 

‘Yeah. You just said that you are not officially employed by YG to the whole car.’

 

‘OMO!’

 

‘We’re here!’

 

It was a short ride to YG’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter