Untitled Lullaby

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV

I’m back at my hotel room after another day of shooting a cover for a Japanese magazine. It has been a whirlwind of events ever since we landed in Japan. Surprisingly, we’re gaining popularity quickly here and our debut was deemed very successful for a Kpop group. It’s a huge relief and we all feel very fortunate about this outcome as our hard work is paying off, but it gets tiring and lonely at times. During the last week, the members and I barely have the energy to enjoy Japan as much as we hoped to.

 

Between promoting the album in music shows, performing and doing fan meets, writing new songs, all my energy is zapped at the end of the day and all I want to do is to go back to our hotel and sleep. I haven’t even called home to check on noona and my parents, even though they tried to guilt trip me few times already. I haven’t even talked to Dara to say that I finished polishing her song.

 

Lately, my last phone calls are for the members, my manager and Teddy hyung. I have been bugging Teddy hyung to remind him to give the Empty sample to YG sajangnim. My energy level is calling hyung and reminding him about it and then passing out on him. The third time I slept on him while we were talking, I received a text from him saying that if I unceremoniously started snoring again, he’ll block my number. I told him to get a girlfriend already so he’ll tone down his attitude.

 

Speaking of Teddy hyung, I need to call him again since I haven’t called for the past three days already. I was looking for my phone in my bag when thankfully it started ringing, revealing its whereabout. I fished my phone from under a pile of clothes and looked at the caller. I froze for a second.

 

‘Woah. It’s Dara!’

 

My energy suddenly shot up and I can’t help the smile forming on my mouth. I cleared my throat before answering.

 

‘Yoboseyo.’

 

‘Yoboseyo, GD-ssi. It’s me, Dara.’

 

‘Oooh. So we’re back to GD-ssi again huh?’ I teased.

 

‘Uhm. Ahaha. Well it has been a while since we last spoke.’ Dara said awkwardly but in a cute way.

 

‘Were you counting the days since we last spoke?’ And feeling brave from the sudden energy high, I added playfully, 'Did you miss me?!’

 

‘What??? NOOO!’ Dara exclaimed, I can picture the horror in her face while saying this.

 

‘Then why are you calling me?’

 

‘Is missing someone the only reason why they are calling?’

 

‘No, but it can be. And I am betting on it.’

 

‘Bet all you fortune on it GD-ssi, but it will not happen.’ she said defiantly. I wanted to laugh at how serious she’s taking this.

 

‘All right. What is it then?’ I asked, now curious as to why she did called.

 

‘Uhm. Well…I called because I want to th-thank you for asking Teddy-ssi to give a sample of my song to YG sajangnim.’

 

‘Chincha? Teddy hyung already gave the sample?’I almost shouted in excitement.

 

‘Deh.’

 

‘Niceeee! And what did he say? Did YG sajangnim summoned you in his office?’

 

‘Deh.’

 

‘Andddd?’ Gosh, the anticipation of her news….

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter