Cold and Sour

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold and Sour

 

Two days had passed since Wendy was hit with this genius idea of hers and now she’s happily waiting for her group of friends to arrive at her specified meet-up place by the lake. She had send the message a few minutes ago using the enchanted galleons that each of them has and not long enough, one by one her friends appeared smiling and looking a bit confused at the sudden meeting that the ravenclaw girl had called up.

 

“Hi, unnie. What’s with the sudden call so early in the morning?” Yeri asked, munching on some bread that she snuck out from the great hall, she was followed by Irene who was trying her best to get Joy to hold her hands. Joy on the other hand had blushed and just mumbled a ‘leave me alone’ to the older one.

 

“Where’s Seul?”

 

“You know unnie, if you just wanted to meet Seulgi, you could’ve just waited till, oh I don’t know, your first class of the day?” Joy mumbled, rolling her eyes, and dodging Irene’s oncoming skinship.

 

“Oh there she is!” Wendy didn’t even notice or heard what Joy had said, she’s gone deaf and blind to the surroundings and all she can see and hear is Seulgi. Seulgi walking towards her with a breath-taking smile. Seulgi walking ALONE. Seulgi without Frenchie. WITHOUT FRENCHIE.

 

“Hey~”

 

“Seuuuuullllllll~~~~” Wendy hugged the startled but still smiling bear, if she could stick herself to Seulgi without probably getting detention for doing forbidden magic, she would.

 

“Jesus christ, woman, control your hormones please!” Joy ducked behind Yeri, attempting to make a shield out of the youngest to avoid the incessant aggressiveness of Irene.

 

“So, before we start, I would just like to ask,” again Wendy didn’t hear nor care about what Joy had said and continued on with grinning and speaking while hugging her bear tightly, “Would you all like to stay at Hogwarts this Christmas?” Irene stopped her ministrations. Joy stopped pulling Yeri here and there to avoid Irene’s ministrations. Yeri stopped eating and stared at Wendy.

 

“.....why the sudden question?” The oldest asked, tilting her head cutely to the side; the students who saw it, fainted on the spot happily.

 

“Well, it’s just that, I thought maybe…. you know since Krystal” it took all her willpower to say frenchie’s name sweetly, “won’t be able to go back home to france on christmas, we could stay here and keep her company instead…?” Seulgi beamed at Wendy and finally hugged the younger one back happily.

 

“Seungwan ah~~ That’s so sweet of you!!!~~~” The bear exclaimed. The three other girls, well, they’re not buying this sudden sweetness and niceness of Wendy to the french girl. They looked at her questioningly and Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“Headmistress Mcgonagall had approved of my request.”

 

“What request?” Joy asked.

 

“That we could stay in one dorm together.” The four girls gasped.

 

“How did you do that, unnie?” Yeri asked, amazed.

 

“Well….The first time I asked her, she said that she would think about it, which basically means no --”

 

“or that she would actually think about it” Seulgi whispered.

 

“Don’t interrupt, Seul” Wendy smiled gently at the bear. “So the second time I went to her office, I was prepared.”

 

“Prepared how?” Joy asked.

 

“I mapped out a constellation chart, listed the pros and cons, made a powerpoint presentation or just you know, drawing on a huge parchment and making it go to the next page with magic, I also added some charts and graphs on how this would benefit us and before I knew it, she said yes.” The four girls looked amazed.

 

“Which dorm are we going to stay in?” Irene asked.

 

“Headmistress said something about a room in the seventh floor….?” Wendy’s brows met in the middle. Not sure if there was actually a room there.

 

“Ah! The room of requirement!” Joy exclaimed happily.

 

“The room of what?” Seulgi asked. “I’ve never heard of a room on the seventh floor.”

 

“It’s called the room of requirement. Basically, if you walk back and forth three times in front of this wall on the seventh floor while thinking of something you really need, the doors of the room appear!” Joy explained, “That’s where I help Sungjae oppa with his spells.” at the mention of Sungjae’s name, Irene quickly hugged the younger one, looking angry, taking Joy by surprise. Joy squirmed in the embrace but Irene held on tighter.

 

“Well, that must be the room the Headmistress was talking about. We should check it out later.” Wendy suggested, looking at Seulgi.

 

“Great, you go do that while I go tell Krystal! She’s going to be so happy!~” Seulgi grinned, detaching herself from Wendy and quickly going back inside the castle to go look for her french friend. Wendy’s face fell.

 

“You got some high competition, unnie.” Yeri voiced out.

 

“Oh, c’mon! You don’t think that frenchie is in par with mine and Seul’s relationship, right?!”

 

“I think you forgot the part that frenchie is  a really really extraordinarily out of this world pretty girl.” Joy stated, finally getting out of Irene’s hug and walking far away from her when the older girls shot her a deadly glare.

 

“Beauty can only go so deep, Joy.” Wendy gritted her teeth.

 

“She’s also french, unnie. And a lot of people swoon over french girls….and boys.” Yeri stated.

 

“But she’s not as pretty as me, right Joy?” Irene asked, moving forward in pursuit of Joy.

 

“Unnie, I can have my own opinions and stop following me! Go back to bugface already!” Joy shouted, running away and inside the castle.

 

“I told you I’m not dating him!!” Irene shouted, sprinting to catch up to Joy.

 

“Never in my years of knowing Irene unnie and Joy unnie, would I see them have some sort of role reversal where Irene unnie is the one chasing after Joy unnie...” Yeri thought out loud, pausing, then turning her attention back to Wendy. “I can check the room with you if you want, unnie?”

 

“.....okay. I really want to spend time with Seulgi though...” The youngest rolled her eyes.

 

“Come on unnie, you know that Seulgi unnie loves you. She just has this new friend that she likes but at the end of the day, Seul unnie is still yours.”

 

“They’re staying in the same room together.” Wendy deadpanned.

 

“Oh, well,that’s too bad.”

 

“You’re not helping.”

 

“Sorry, unnie.”

 


 

Never in Wendy’s six years in Hogwarts would she ever thought that she would have a rival for Seulgi’s attention. Of course there was one time in their first year where the bear had been fond of Irene unnie and Wendy confronted the oldest about taking her best friend away from her and Irene just straight-up laughed in her face and assured her the only thing she likes about the bear is her friendship and nothing more.

 

Then again, there was this one time in their second year when Wendy could’ve sworn that Joy had this huge crush on Seulgi when the younger one would always want to be beside the bear and would prefer to talk to Seulgi. All things cleared up without Wendy having to threaten the slytherin kid when Joy began her advances to Irene unnie and with Seulgi telling Wendy about Joy’s undeniable crush on the oldest.

 

And then there was the sweet sweet kid, Yeri, who of course has no faults whatsoever. Seulgi was in fact the one who had been pampering their youngest friend and had been very fond of the cute one that Wendy had to sit Seulgi down and have a word with her about how Yeri is too young and innocent and not to mention Irene’s younger sister. The bear had only given her this (realllllyyyyy cute) distressed look on her face and even told her that she sees Yeri as the younger sister she never had. After that, Wendy was sure that Seulgi’s attention is only hers until the time they graduate and she becomes a healer and her hufflepuff bear becomes an official auror, and she was sure that until then, Seulgi’s attention and also quite possibly affection will still be hers because Wendy had already planned out about moving in together and confessing her undying love and even bullet pointed wedding dates.

 

But here she is now, in potions class, stuck on the left side of Seulgi while Krystal was on the bear’s right and giggling. Not to mention, that she feels so intoxicated by the smell of treacle fudge, glacial snowflakes, the smell of warm summer, and Seulgi’s hair that the Amortentia Potion or Love Potion placed in front of the class was emitting. Everyone seemed a bit dazed and humming as they tried to create the antidote for this potion.

 

“You av turned your potion into blue olre-zy” Krystal whispered excitedly to the busy bear, Wendy noticing that frenchie’s english accent was improving.

 

“Yeap, and now it’s purple. I need to add the extract of gurdyroot now before it turns a shade darker.” Seulgi explained, reaching for the vial with the extracts and adding it bit by bit to the potion until it turned red. “You have to add the castor oil in so that it turns blue.” She instructed frenchie, who nodded her head and began doing what she’s told. Seulgi looked at Wendy’s potion and frowned.

 

“What?” Wendy asked.

 

“Your potion hasn’t even turned green yet and that’s the first step. You need to add more Wigentree twigs...” Seulgi grabbed the twigs and started dropping some into Wendy’s cauldron until it turned the specified color, “There you go. Now stir it until it turns orange, okay?” Seulgi smiled gently at the ravenclaw girl and Wendy was thinking why it suddenly felt hot and humid in the room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter