Butter beers and Honeydukes

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Butter beers and Honeydukes   The next few days were somewhat a blur to Seulgi with all the homeworks and essays she needed to write for her N.E.W.T. classes. She did however notice the lack of Wendy by her side, who’s also busy with her own assignments and essays. But this did not deter her surging positiveness because the coming Saturday is the scheduled Hogsmeade visit day! And she can’t help  but feel giddy at the anticipation of a full day of relaxation and hanging out with Wendy and their other friends. With this in mind, she quickly finished everything she needed for school a day early and went out in search of Wendy but instead she bumped into Yeri with a tear-stained Joy by her side.

 

“What happened? Are you okay?” Seulgi asked worriedly as she ushered the two younger girls in a hidden corner. “Did someone bully you again, Joy? I swear to-”

 

“*sniff* No, unnie. No one bullied me *sniff* I’m F-fine.” Joy answered as she clung to her book bag like her life depended on it. Seulgi looked skeptical and turned to Yeri for answers. The youngest looked like she didn’t want to say anything, continuing to Joy’s back soothingly.

 

“Yeri, you can tell me. Don’t worry…. Is it the stress from the upcoming O.W.L.S? Because if it’s that, I can help you.” Seulgi beckoned the youngest. Yeri looked at Joy, asking for permission, Joy held out her wand and mumbled “muffliato” before nodding her head.

 

“Joy unnie saw Irene unnie and Bogeum oppa holding hands.” Yeri deadpanned.

 

“Maybe they were just-” Joy raised her hand to stop Seulgi from continuing.

 

“Don’t, unnie. Just don’t.”

 

“Unnie, they’re just friends, trust me.” Yeri tried to reason.

 

“I know defeat when I’ve seen it.” Joy stated, eyes b with tears again.

 

“I can ask her-”

 

“Don’t even bother, Yeri.” Joy fixed her book bag properly, “I’ll go now, I still need to practice my summoning charm...”

 

“I’ll help you with that.” Seulgi offered, Joy nodded her head and Seulgi turned to the youngest, “Want to come with us and try the spell?” Yeri agreed and together, the three walked out of the castle and towards the lake.


 

 

Saturday came by quickly and Seulgi, Yeri, and Joy had gone ahead to Honeydukes and agreed to meet up with the other two at The Three Broomsticks around lunchtime.

 

“I should buy these for Wendy, she loves them.” Seulgi grinned as she grabbed some of the sugared butterfly wings, treacle fudge, glacial snowflakes, and no-melt ice cream. Joy raised an eyebrow at the older girl happily humming and mumbling ‘Wendy would be so happy’ to herself.

 

“Unnie, what are you going to buy for yourself?” Joy asked.

 

“Nothing.” Seulgi answered as she continued looking at the shelf with the new releases and asking Yeri if she thinks Wendy would like them.

 

“Why are you only buying for Wendy unnie? You know she could go here and buy it herself.” Joy stated as she grabbed a box of exploding bonbons-which she loves, some pixie puffs that is Yeri’s favorite and which she’ll give later to the youngest, and--she hesitated-- should she? Sighing, she picked up a box of honeydukes best chocolate that she knew makes Irene smile the biggest.

 

“But I like giving them to Wendy and seeing her happy.” Seulgi answered her question, already paying for the lot that she bought. Joy cued behind the older girl and stared at her blankly for a few seconds.

 

“Do you like Wendy unnie?” Joy asked. Seulgi raised her eyebrows.

 

“Of course I like her. She’s my bestfriend!” Joy shook her head.

 

“No. I mean, do you like Wendy unnie as more than a best friend?” Joy placed the sweets that she’s buying on the counter as it was her turn to pay.

 

“I don’t know if there’s something even more than a best friend...” Seulgi cocked her head--idiotically in Joy’s opinion-- to the side in question. Joy picked up the bag of sweets and paid. The three of them walked out of the shop.

 

“I think what Joy unnie is trying to say is, do you like Wendy unnie like Joy unnie likes Irene unnie?” Yeri phrased. Seulgi stopped in her tracks, obviously, the question has taken her by surprise. Yeri and Joy stopped and went back beside Seulgi as they looked at the oldest worriedly.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“I..I don’t know? Wendy’s been my best friend since I can remember and I...” Seulgi looked at Joy and Yeri, eyebrows scrunched in the middle. “How would you know?”

 

“Know what?” Yeri asked.

 

“If you like someone?”

 

“Well, unnie,” Joy started, “it’s different with everyone, but all I know is that you want that person to be happy and smiling always and you always want to see that person--even just a glimpse is enough, and you miss them even though you were just with them like 5 minutes ago...”

 

“........”

 

“and..and...you really hate seeing them with that other person but you just accept it stupidly because you want to see the person you like smile even though it really kills you inside because loving someone is supposed to be selfless and all that and stupidity.” Joy finished, eyes b with tears again. Seulgi and Yeri stared at their friend in worry.

 

“Joy, are you okay?” Seulgi looked like she was debating with herself whether to hug Joy or not but before she could even attempt for a conclusion, Joy was already nodding her head and pulling the two towards the Three Broomsticks.

 

The Inn was filled with Hogwarts students as the trio entered. They had to push their way a bit and look around to see if Wendy and Irene already arrived.

 

“Yeri! Seul! Joy!” Irene waved her hand to get the attention of the three girls, she and Wendy had alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter