A Broken Heart and Nosebleeds

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Broken Heart and Nosebleeds

 

Seulgi didn’t know what she was doing and why she’s running away from her best friend. All she knows is her chest hurts and tears are suddenly pouring out of her face, she kept on wiping them away but more came rushing out of her eyes. She deduced that she might be ill, so she went to the hospital wing and quickly searched for Madam Pomfrey.

 

“What is it, dear? What’s the matter? Are you hurt somewhere?” The old nurse asked as she looked at Seulgi worriedly and checking to see if the crying girl is injured.

 

“M-my ch-chest..” Seulgi was sobbing violently now, her breathing uneven.

 

“Are you having trouble breathing? Heart attack?” Madam Pomfrey was trying to calm the sobbing Seulgi down who only shook her head. The nurse quickly gave Seulgi some calming potion, her top priority is to know where the girl is hurt before she can try to heal her. Once Seulgi was calm enough and is breathing properly, tho the tears were still presently streaming out her eyes, Madam Pomfrey decided to ask her again what was wrong.

 

“My-my chest hurts and the tears won’t s-stop.” Seulgi answered, still having some after cry hiccups. The nurse looked at the crying girl gently, already having an idea on what is actually going on.

 

“Tell me what happened, dear.” She asked and Seulgi told the story from when she, Irene, and Joy were walking down to when she saw Wendy and her quick run towards the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey hummed in understanding, “Well, dear, I’m sorry to say that I don’t have a cure for what you have.” Seulgi looked at the nurse uncertainly.

 

“W-what do you mean? What do I have?”

 

“A broken heart.”

 

“I don’t- I’m-” Seulgi was having some sort of self-denial that the nurse understood well.

 

“I can’t give you any medicine or spells, but if you want, you can rest here for tonight. I’ll make sure you’re not disturbed by anyone.”

 

“t-thanks..I appreciate it, Madam Pomfrey.” Seulgi tried to give a smile but it turned out like a grimace instead. The nurse patted Seulgi gently on the back.

 

“One piece of advice. It’s not too late, my dear, they’re not married yet. A lot can change in a span of a week.” and with that words of wisdom(?), Madam Pomfrey excused herself and went back to doing her work in her office leaving Seulgi on the bed, wiping her tears and willing it to stop.


 


 

Seulgi wanted to be left alone for a while as she exited the hospital wing early the next morning. She tried her best to dodge people she knew and had gotten into her common room without any interruptions. But as she has sat down on her bunk bed and gathered her things for the day, the sudden realization of being able to not see Wendy for a while was impossible because the latter was taking the exact same classes as she was. Biting her lip to stop herself from bursting into tears again, Seulgi dreaded the coming day.


 

"Seul! Ohmygod! What happened to you? Are you okay? I've been trying my best for Madam Pomfrey to let me visit you but she just said that you needed rest and to not disturb you. I couldn't sleep last night! And when I went there just now, Madam Pomfrey said that you left already!" Wendy exclaimed at once when she saw Seulgi go out of the Hufflepuff common room, she has been waiting for the bear outside for a couple of minutes now. Seulgi looked away.

 

"I forgot something... Go on ahead to class" She mumbled and turned round to enter the common rooms again, leaving a startled Wendy.

 

Seulgi didn't really forget anything but seeing Wendy and hearing her voice made her chest constrict in pain and tears to suddenly form in the corners of her eyes and ultimately fall down her cheeks.

 

"SEUL, get yourself together!" Seulgi lightly slapped her cheeks repeatedly, willing the tears to stop and for her chest to be painless. She couldn't face Wendy, not today. She waited a while and made sure that Wendy was nowhere near the exit to the hufflepuff common room before going out and making her way back to the hospital wing where she was greeted by Madam Pomfrey with a questioning eyebrow.

 

"I----can I please stay here for the day again?" Seul asked, looking at Madam Pomfrey directly at the eyes. Madam Pomfrey sighed.

 

"Now you know that I don't tolerate skipping classes for a fake illness."

 

"...I just.. Please just give me today...." Seulgi pleaded.

 

"....."

 

"She's in all my classes and I don't think I can function properly in class with her beside me...it just hurts too much..... please.." Seulgi whispered, her voice desperate and breaking. Madam Pomfrey looked at Seulgi sadly.

 

"One day." The nurse gave in.

 

"..thank you" Seulgi bowed before turning and settling herself on one of the beds.


 


 

It’s around lunch time when Winky apparated by the side of Seulgi’s bed to deliver her missus’s lunch. The elf had been worried when she heard that the bear is once again in the confines of the hospital wing. Seulgi was lying on the bed, looking blankly at the ceiling.

 

“Missus Seulgi!” Winky called out, making the blank-faced Seulgi look at her and smile weakly.

 

“Hey, Winky.”

 

“Missus Seulgi, Winky had brought you lunch. Winky made sure she had included everything you like. See, Missus Seulgi?” Winky showed her the lunch tray that she has been holding, “Winky even made your favorite strawberry shortcake that Winky learned when she was with Missus’s mother the first summer.” Seulgi smiled warmly at the sweet house elf.

 

“Thank you, Winky, but I’m not hungry.”

 

“Missus must eat! Missus must! So she can be back to her happy and healthy self! Please Missus, please eat.” the elf looked like she’s in the brink of crying. Seulgi finally sat up from the bed and sat crossed legged, back on the dashboard, and patting the space in front of her,cajoling the elf to sit there which Winky acknowledged. The elf sat the tray in between the two of them and looked expectedly at her missus. Seulgi poked the food, looking sad. “Is missus okay? Missus can tell Winky anything and Winky will not tell anyone! Winky promises. Winky is loyal to only missus Seulgi.” Seulgi stared at the her elf friend and sighed.

 

“I’m having chest pains whenever I see We- Wendy.” Seulgi stuttered the name out. Winky cocked her head to the side.

 

“Why is Miss Wendy giving missus chest pains?”

 

“I’m also not sure, Wink. All I know is whenever I remember Wendy with that Peter guy, I just-” Seulgi sobbed and Winky looked like she was about to panic. Seulgi wiped the escaped tears with the back of her hand and gave Winky a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, Winky. I’m okay.”

 

“Missus is not okay.” Winky shook her head, “Missus sounds like she’s in real pain. Missus sounds like she must be suffering. Missus must be in love.” Winky deduced and Seulgi choked on the sandwich sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter