Date with the Maknae

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date with the Maknae

 

 

It’s been years….

 

No, not really, it’s been like two weeks since Seulgi had the chance to actually properly hang out with her best friend but it feels like years to her and to top that, Christmas holidays will be starting in two days. Irene and Joy had been dating since and Seulgi swore she would vomit at how sweet those two are. She figures that the two lovebirds are making up for all those lost years they could’ve been together, but seriously, being caught making out in the closet after curfew by none other than the bear had made her want to bleach her eyes out and she swore she felt her innocence leave her body. The two tried their best to control themselves when they are with Seulgi ever since while the latter still hasn’t forgiven them for the emotional scarring she had gone through.

 

“Hey, Seul~ Why are you here all alone?” Irene asked as she sat down beside her friend on the astronomy tower. Seulgi just shrugged and stayed quiet. “Have you packed some clothes for our sleep-over?”

 

“...we’re just on the seventh floor, we could easily go back to our common rooms…?” Seulgi looked at her friend with a confused face.

 

“So, that’s a no? I thought we all agreed we would pack some things so that we won’t have to always go back to our common rooms?” Irene nudged her friend.

 

“hmmm... I guess.. I’ll do it later.” Seulgi mumbled, turning quiet afterwards. The older one knew she wouldn’t be able to get anything out of what’s bothering her friend so she just decided to leave it at that.

 

“Okay then. Just tell me if you need anything.” Irene smiled and patted Seulgi affectionately on the head before standing up and heading off, leaving the bear in her own world again.


 

 

 

Classes had finally ended for the year, which is the cue for the students who are going back home to start packing their things for the holidays. With Seulgi not really needing to do that, she had wandered alone in the school, purposely avoiding everyone she knows. She wanted some alone time--not like it wasn’t happening already, she found herself alone most of the time for the past two weeks with Joy and Irene being always together, Yeri hanging out one last time with her friends before the holidays, and Wendy being out of sight and sometimes out of reach(she really wants to blame Peter but she grudgingly has to try to be nice to her best friend’s boyfriend), and even Krystal was being oddly busy. She sighed, sitting down on one of the quidditch benches. Snow had covered the entire castle grounds and made the place look like a christmas wonderland where everything seems happy and peaceful….unlike Seulgi’s mind.


 

She had admitted to herself and to Irene that she’s in love with Wendy. Her best friend. Her best friend who currently is dating someone. Someone being Peter. Ugh. It hurts, okay, it really does, but she’s bearing it for the sake of Wendy. She had already cornered Peter and threatened the guy like what a normal best friend would do.



 

Flashback

 

Peter was walking happily towards the ravenclaw tower when he was suddenly grabbed and pulled aside to one of the rooms by none other than the hufflepuff bear that his psychotic friend loves.

 

“Seulgi?” He asked and the bear had glared at him so hard he almost took a step back out of fear.

 

“Peter.”

 

“H-how may I help you?”

 

“Listen here,” Seulgi paused, stepping menacingly forward towards Peter with her wand pointing at his chest, “If you hurt my Seungwan,” they were now face to face, “I will make sure you never see the light of day ever again.” Seulgi’s nose was just a few centimeters from Peter’s, “Got it?” The ravenclaw had nodded and Seulgi glared one last time before stepping back, a small smile gracing her lips.

 

“..I-I don’t understand tho?” Peter stated, fixing his tie that got crooked from Seulgi patting it with her wand.

 

“Just take care of Seungwan, okay? She always gives and gives affection… Just return it tenfolds. She likes baking… So ask her if you could help her out because you want to spend more time with her. Show her lots of love always and give her your all because she deserves nothing less.” Seulgi paused, “You have Wan now… Don’t hurt or disappoint her because I will hunt you down.” She finished, exiting the room and leaving a confused Peter behind.

 

“What the is wrong with this psychopathic best friends” He mumbled.


 

--end flashback--


 

Seulgi laid back on the bench she’s sitting on and stared at the sky and the clouds passing by. What is she going to do with herself? At this point, she needs to be happy for Wendy and act like it’s the most okay thing in the world. Even if the hamster asks her what she thought of Peter, she just have to answer with ‘He’s fine. As long as he makes you happy’ because let’s face it, she can’t very well tell Wendy that his boyfriend is a even though he’s really not. She sighed once again and closed her eyes.

 

A sudden shadow loomed over her face and blocked the sunlight. She opened one of her eyes to peak and was met with two brown orbs staring back at her curiously.

 

“Whatchu do~ing?”

 

“Thinking.” Seulgi closed her eyes again.

 

“About?”

 

“What presents I want.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Yeri, it’s christmas.” Seulgi finally opened her eyes to see a grinning maknae. She sighed for the nth time and sat back up with Yeri sitting down beside her. “Why aren’t you with your friends?”

 

“They needed to pack. I already hoarded up all of their free time.” Yeri explained and the two were engulfed in a comfortable sort of silence.

 

“Unnie?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You weren’t really thinking about presents.”

 

“.........”

 

“It’s Wendy unnie, right?”

 

“.....”

 

“......”

 

“.........”

 

“....My friends are leaving early tomorrow and we have every afternoon free to go to hogsmeade as much as we please. Do you want to accompany me tomorrow? I haven’t bought any presents yet.”

 

“Why aren’t you asking Irene unnie?” Seulgi asked and Yeri… her precious little Yeri who she sees as an innocent 3 year old baby girl she needs to protect from everyone, actually looked at her like she was stupid. She’s used to seeing it from their other friends, but seeing it coming from her precious maknae, Seulgi couldn’t help but pout and make puppy eyes at the youngest.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that, unnie?”

 

“Because you also think I’m stupid.”

 

“I don’t!” Yeri exclaimed with wide eyes, shaking her head and quickly hugging Seulgi. “Unnie I don’t think that! I was just-- you should’ve known the answer to your question, you know.”

 

“What?”

 

“Why do you think I didn’t ask Irene unnie?”

 

“........ because she’s busy with Joy?”

 

“Yes, correct.” Seulgi sighed.

 

“Okay, Let’s go on a date tomorrow.”

 

“UNNIE, WTF?!” Yeri looked aghast and Seulgi laughed. Actually let out a real laugh. It feels good to actually be happy again and she didn’t even notice that she wasn’t until today.

 

“I just meant like a friendly date, Yer~” Seulgi wiped the stray tear out of the corner of her eyes before looking at Yeri with a smile but with piercingly serious eyes, “You’re not allowed to date yet. You’re like 3.”

 

“You know I’m not three, right?”

 

“Yes. But to my eyes, you’re only 3 years old.” Yeri rolled her eyes at her unnie but was happy nonetheless.

 

 


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter