Wendy will Not Lose

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy will NOT Lose

 

 

Wendy packed up her things quickly and made sure that her notes were in order (which they always are) so that Seulgi can copy them later. She exited her last class of the day--Defense Against the Dark Arts-- and made her way in search of her best friend who she’s been giddy to cling herself to, now that there’s another potential rival in her wake. She groaned thinking of the french girl who she grudgingly admit is actually not ugly. You can drag hot knives around her body and she would never say the words ‘pretty’ to describe Krystal.

 

“Whatchu groaning about?” Peter asked as he started walking in pace with Wendy’s. Wendy just groaned some more.

 

“Krystal.”

 

“Oh! She’s that cute french exchange student!” Peter exclaimed and Wendy glared at him. Peter smirked.

 

“I heard she’s Seulgi’s buddy while she’s staying here.”

 

“Ugh, I know.”

 

“The other students are already spreading some rumor that Krystal and Seulgi were childhood lovers that made a promise to marry each other when fate let them meet again...” Wendy stopped walking and stared at Peter.

 

“What the- How did-”

 

“They found out that Krystal was from Korea before they migrated to France. And Seulgi’s from Korea too, right?” Wendy nodded and started walking again.

 

“They’re not childhood friends or lovers. Trust me. And you should stop that rumor.” Peter rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s not like I can wave my wand and make the rumor disappear.”

 

“Then just wave your wand over to your boyfriend then. I know he likes it.” Peter blushed and looked horrified.

 

“Wendy! When did you learn how to make dirty jokes like that?!” Wendy looked confused.

 

“What are you talking about? You told me your boyfriend loves it when you wave your wand to perform magic tricks...” Wendy explained. Peter just looked more horrified than before.

 

“Wendy!!”

 

“What? You don’t remember telling me that you transfigured a leaf into a full blown sunflower? I don’t even know what you’re talking about, Peter. Ooh, there’s Seulgi!” Wendy’s groan turned into a full-on grin as she saw Seulgi exiting the library alone. Seulgi noticed her and smiled..sadly(?)

 

“Seuuuulllll~~~~” Wendy skipped the few remaining steps and latched herself onto Seulgi’s arms.

 

“Hey, Wan-ah. Peter.” Seulgi nodded at Peter politely. The latter just nodded and waved a goodbye, traipsing away from them. “You’re not hanging out with him?”

 

“No, Peter’s busy with some other people.” Wendy answered, closing the remaining gap on hers and Seulgi’s body by hugging the latter more tightly, “how about you? Where’s frenchie?”

 

“Frenchie?” Seulgi’s eyebrows met in the middle, Wendy smiled at how cute the bear is.

 

“Miss Beauxbatons. you know, Seulgee.” Wendy imitated the way the french girl had said Seulgi’s name. This seems to light a bulb in Seulgi’s head as her eyes turned wide and formed an ‘o’.

 

“Krystal’s saying her farewell to Madame Maxime, I’ll meet her later at dinner time.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Then what are you doing here by the library?”

 

“I needed to get some books for Krystal, so that she can have her own.” Wendy’s eyebrow shot up.

 

“How long does she plan on staying here?”

 

“I think until January or February” Seulgi answered, disentangling herself gently from Wendy and intertwining their fingers instead, as she began walking back to the hufflepuff common room. Wendy inwardly cursed. It was only the start of November. “I’m thinking of asking her to stay over at Christmas break. She told me earlier that travelling to France and back here is a bit of a hassle for a short holiday like Christmas that her and her parents have agreed to just let her stay here in hogwarts.”

 

“Wouldn’t you think she’ll prefer it if she has some alone time for herself?” Wendy tried not to sound mean. Seulgi raised a questioning eyebrow at Wendy.

 

“Uhmm, wait here, I’ll just go drop this off.” She swung her book bag filled with Krystal’s books and entered the hufflepuff common room, coming out a few minutes later. “Let’s go?” Wendy nodded and hugged Seulgi’s arm again as they walked towards the great hall. “I think, I’ll still ask Krystal tho. There’s no harm in trying... I’ll try to be subtle about it.”

 


 

Dinner time came by and Wendy was sitting at  the ravenclaw table, stabbing her grilled beef irritatedly. Peter nudged her with a grin.

 

“Thinking of stabbing someone?”

 

“Ugh. Seulgi said she was going to ask frenchie to stay with her for christmas.” Wendy mumbled, glaring daggers at the beef she was continuously stabbing. Peter raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“Aren’t you two neighbors?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You could just stay at Seulgi’s house everyday and keep an eye on them..”

 

“As much as that is a nice suggestion, I still need to go home at the end of the day and Seulgi and frenchie will be left alone. Seulgi’s house doesn’t have any guest room so it is a big possibility that frenchie will be sleeping beside Seulgi in Seulgi’s bed.” Wendy looked like she’s in pain and Peter patted her back in an attempt to calm the latter, missing the deadly glare that the bear was sending across the hufflepuff table. When Wendy finally look up, she saw frenchie’s eyes looking straight at her while she whispered something to a sad looking Seulgi, smirking when she saw that she caught Wendy’s attention. Seulgi was laughing now and as far as Wendy can tell and hear, was urging frenchie to try the pumpkin pie, even going as far as spoon feeding the not ugly girl.

 

“She just totally smirked at me.”

 

“Who?” Peter asked, too busy gorging on the chocolate cake in front of him to pay any attention.

 

“Frenchie!” Wendy whispered-shouted.

 

“It might just be a friendly smile.” Peter proposed, “you know all these over thinking of yours would stop if you only just tell Seulgi how you feel, right?”

 

“You know I just can’t-”

 

“You’ve been scaring off any potential people that you think has some sort of crush on Seulgi since our first year, and everyone here knows that Seulgi is yours, if anyone even tries to get a bit closer to Seulgi, they would feel your wrath. And your wrath is not a pretty sight.” Peter stated, “Besides, Seulgi obviously feels the same way.”

 

“She doesn’t!”

 

“She does. I just don’t get all these typical lesbian dramas I encounter. Like this ‘she’s straight, I’m gay, she’s my bestfriend and I don’t want to ruin our friendship so I’ll just keep my feelings to myself’ things are all bullcrap.”

 

“Easy for you to say, your boyfriend had guts!” Wendy exclaimed.

 

“Psh. He wouldn’t be able to announce his undying love for me if it wasn’t for my plan.”

 

“What plan? You didn’t tell me about any plans???”

 

“All I needed to do was make him realize he was totally gay for me.”

 

“...How the hell did you.. wait.. is this going to be a gross story?” Wendy looked skeptically at Peter and the latter rolled his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter