Fruitcakes and Weirdness

Jelly-Brain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fruitcakes and Weirdness

 

Seulgi's infuriation continued on the following weeks when Peter kept on hanging with them and sometimes with Bogeum by his side, whenever this happens, Joy quickly makes an excuse to leave, mostly with Irene's eyes following her as she disappeared out of sight.

 

"She's been acting so weird lately" Irene commented when she and Seul were patrolling together the castle one night, Wendy decided to patrol with Peter earlier that day, explaining something about potions and what he's doing wrong.

 

"Who?" Seulgi asked, she wasn't listening to what the older one was saying because she was thinking of some ways to torture the scum that keeps on lurking beside her best friend.

 

"Joy."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"There's something different with her.."

 

"Like?"

 

"I.. Don't know? I'm not sure.." Irene mumbled as she stared straight ahead, Seulgi cocked her head to the side as she examined Irene's reaction. She then decided to change the subject.

 

"Shouldn't you be roaming these halls with Bogeum instead?" Irene went out of her little trance and looked at Seulgi questioningly.

 

"I wanted to patrol with you since Wendy left you with Peter." Okay not exactly how Seulgi wanted this conversation to go. AND LEFT? who said Wendy left her?! She can't help but scrunch her face in disgust and Irene laughed at her.

 

"I don't know. I thought you and Bogeum are dating or something!" Seulgi glared at the walls, arms crossed and huffing.

 

"What the freaking banshee are you talking about?" Irene asked incredulously.

 

"Well, you're always with him so we assumed..." Irene clucked her tongue.

 

"You assumed wrong then. Nothing's going on between me and him." Irene flipped her hair haughtily and the people in the moving paintings all fainted.

 

"Oh." Seulgi was at a loss for words. She was happy that Irene was not dating Bogeum, mostly for Joy's sake, and at the same time, she's unsure whether to relay this information to Joy.

 

"Yeah. How about you and Wendy?"

 

"What about us?" Irene rolled her eyes at Seulgi.

 

"Really a fruitcake" she mumbled as the two continued their patrol.

 

 

 

 

The following day, Irene was helping Seulgi out with her charms assignment. They were well into their discussion about the easiest and  best way to do a nonverbal spell when Irene suddenly went quiet. Seulgi, who was still talking, noticed the sudden silence and looked up to see Irene looking at something in front of her. Seulgi followed her line of gaze and saw Joy with a fellow slytherin.

 

"Who's that?" Irene asked.

 

"I'm not sure? I saw him a few times with Joy"

 

"Hmm." Irene hummed and waved her hand to get Joy's attention. "Over here, Joy!" Irene waved a bit too enthusiastically. Joy looked on over and gave a small wave before turning her head back to her companion and telling him something which he nodded and together the two crossed the grass towards Seulgi and Irene.

 

"Hey unnies~" Joy gave a small smile.

 

"Hi~" her companion waved. Seulgi waved back and Irene gave him a small nod.

 

"This is Sungjae oppa. He's in my year." Joy introduced.

 

"So you're classmates then?" The oldest asked.

 

"Yes, noona. We're also taking the same O.W.L.s. Joy has been helping me out." Sungjae smiled widely. Joy pushed him playfully.

 

"My help is not free, you know!" Sungjae laughed.

 

"And here I thought you were helping me out because you have a good heart." Joy scoffed.

 

"We are all aware that I don't have that. Now I expect my new Usainbolt 9.0 by the end of this week." Sungjae gasped dramatically.

 

"You know what, I changed my mind. I don't want your help anymore.You ask for things that definitely are impossible. I need to sell my firstborn before I get the money to buy that broomstick! It was good knowing you though." The two slytherins both had a staring contest before both of them broke into a smile and began laughing loudly, confusing the two older girls.

 

"HAHAHA I LIKE YOUR DRAMATIC SIGHING HAHAHA REALLY GIVES OFF A GOOD EFFECT!" Joy said between fits of laughter. Sungjae laughed out a thanks and the two continued laughing for a few more minutes before being able to compose themselves up. "Anyway unnies, we better go, Sungjae still needs to perfect his Expelliarmus spell. He's horrible at it!" Joy exclaimed and Sungjae pushed him playfully before waving a goodbye to the two girls. Joy told them she'll see them later and pulled Sungjae away.

 

Irene watched the two figures until they disappeared from her sight.

 

"I think I know what's different with Joy." She suddenly blurted out and Seulgi, who was still immersed in casting a nonverbal spell suddenly looked up.

 

"What?"

 

"Her smile."

 

"..what?"

 

"She hasn't smiled like that for a few weeks now." Irene mumbled, looking at Seulgi. The latter stared at Irene, battling within herself whether to tell the older one of the reasons why their friend is being like that but before she could even phrase the conclusion in her mind, the oldest suddenly spoke up, "I miss her".

 

"You just saw her...?" Irene stayed quiet and went back to teaching Seulgi how to do the nonverbal spells.


 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter