Mission V: Honey Trap

Perfectly Dangerous

Secret Agents Dictionary:

 

Honey Trap: Slang for use of men or women in ual situations to intimidate or snare others

 

 

- Several years ago –

Audrey noticed the two drunk guys at the end of the street and she backed away slowly deciding on going by a parallel street instead. She wasn’t stupid. Years of surviving thought her how to act smart if you want to keep breathing. She quickly walked with her cute bag with kitties drawn on it, until she reached the old PC Bang.

She placed her hand against the glass door and tried to peek inside. It was dark but she spotted a faint light, the light of Areum’s cellphone.

She knocked softly and soon Areum opened the door for her.

“Why is it closed?” Audrey asked knowing how it was always open.

Areum closed the door behind her locking it thoroughly “Danny’s dad is sick and he says I can’t work here at night because I’m a minor and that they might close it down if they find out.”

Danny was the sweet English older guy that ran that store. He often offered the girls food and would let them use the computers for free, if Areum wasn’t working at the time, and in exchange they would babysit his daughters every time he had a night out with his wife.

“Why are you here then?” Audrey asked confused sitting over the blanket Areum placed on the floor noticing how her friend was wearing her blue coat zipped to her neck.

Areum sat by her side and lighted a candle carefully. “Because I’m going to sleep here and I’m starving so I called you to feed me.”

Audrey frowned suspiciously. “You love your fluffy warm bed too much Areum. Is something wrong?”

“No, nothing.  It’s good to change once in a while.” She sent Audrey a weak smile that she pretended to believe in.

“Are you cold?” Audrey asked wondering why she was wearing her coat when it was warm inside the store. Areum shook her head negatively. “Anyway I brought the only thing I could buy with the money from that assignment I did.”

Audrey often did assignments for other students in exchange of money, it was easy and that way she could save some money for herself.

She opened the bag taking a box from inside it.

Areum screamed in delight when Audrey took off the lid.

“WATERMELON!” She started to eat it immediately and Audrey smiled knowing that she made the right choice.

“It rains in here.” Audrey said noticing the bucket Areum pulled to the middle of the room.

“Only on that spot. Danny will take care of it soon.”

“I don’t like that you will sleep here alone.”

“Why? It’s quiet and safe.” Areum answered with full.

“Safe? Of what?”

Areum hit her chest, swallowing the watermelon and then pulled the zipper of her coat down revealing the pink tank top under it and more importantly the red mark on the side of her neck.

“What happened?” Audrey asked kneeling over the blanket and touching Areum skin softly making the other girl flinch.

“My dad was drunk again. Sometimes this happen.”

Audrey moved her hand away. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’m used to it. He blames himself for my mom dying and well I call him a useless drunk and he doesn’t like it.”

“You shouldn’t provoke him then.”

Areum kept eating “Well he steals the money I get from my part time jobs. I’m saving for college. I have a dream Audrey. I don’t want to stay here forever!  I’m going to be a writer. I’ll write about people like you and I and I’ll make us happy. I promise.”

“You should try to be happy on this life not in books.”

“Can’t you see?” Areum the juice of her fingers “Writing will make me happy. I’ll get a lot of money from it too and once I get rich I can buy a house for us to live together. We will be happy far away from all this. We can even maybe date some hot models or something. Whatever we want.”

Audrey chuckled and Areum zipped her coat up again.

“You dream too much!”

“You should dream too Audrey. Then you would have something to think about when you lose strength. What do you want to do in college?”

“Science…” Audrey crossed her legs under her “I like science and math. It makes me think.  And it makes sense.”

“That’s good. Words make sense too.”

“If you say so. Maybe I should sleep here with you.”

“Why? The foster family you have right now too?”

Areum shoulders sink in “I want to go back to the orphanage but at the same time I’ll lose the freedom I have right now.” That meant seeing Areum only in school so she would have to endure it. “Their younger daughter says I’m the one stealing money from them when she does it to go out with her boyfriend.”

“That’s bad!”

“Yes…at least they don’t close me under the stairs in the dark, like the previous ones.”

They both smiled. “That’s because they don’t know that you are Harry Potter long lost sister.”

Audrey laughed and lay down on the blanket placing her head over Areum’s lap. “Sometimes I wish you were really my sister.”

Areum closed the box after finishing her meal. “I wish I was too, but then we would be fighting all the time.”

“True. It’s better this way. Sisters by choice.”

Areum agreed pulling some paper tissues from a package on the floor and cleaning her hands. “Someday we will be out of here…” She moved her fingers on Audrey’s  hair “…living on our own and free of everyone who made us miserable. I’ll be a writer and you…well you will be a weird scientist building machines that can destroy the world.”

Audrey laughed “WOW…I’ll be scary! Why can’t I save the world instead?”

“You can do everything you want!” Areum pinched Audrey’s cheek “I can already read it on the newspapers: Audrey saves the world once again!”

6ga3j8.jpg

- Present Day –

“I think she is waking up….”

An unfamiliar voice said making Areum move on the bed slightly and raising her hand to rub her eyes before opening them.

Someone was over her, his eyes looking at her curiously. It was a man, probably younger than her, with black hair and gentle features.

Taemin blinked his eyes nervously because she was so close to him that he could count her pretty eyelashes. However before he could move away he saw her open her eyes wider in a clear sign of fear.

She didn’t know him and she was being followed by a group of men that wanted to kill her so Areum’s reaction was on point with her present situation.

She shrieked raising her fist in a very inexperienced way hitting Taemin on his chin.

He fell backwards on the bed and she rose up from the bed tripping on the red satin sheets.

“JINKI!” She screamed crawling on the floor trying to get up until someone tall grabbed her arm and helped her get up. Minho looked at her laughing.

“T-there is a man…” She tried to speak but he calmly looked at her while Taemin rubbed his chin in pain.

“WHAT’S WRONG?” Jinki came running from the bathroom after hearing her scream.

Areum seemed to be ok and she looked at him with red cheeks while Minho burst out laughing covering his mouth and pointing at Jinki.

“Hyung…” Taemin cried.

Jinki confusedly looked at them and then at Areum “Are you ok?”

“She thought I was a Dokko agent.” Taemin said.

Jinki sighed of relief, the water dripping from his hair because he had to interrupt his shower to come running into the room to save her for whatever happened. 

Areum didn’t move still looking at Jinki and Minho had to sit on the couch laughing, his face now red.

“W-what?” Jinki asked rubbing his wet arm.

“Jinki you are .” She smiled slightly, her eyes moving down his body. God he was perfect.

“!” Jinki ran back inside the bathroom and Minho used the pillow on the couch, the same one he used to sleep, to muffle his laughter.

“Please…” He tried to speak “we don’t want to see your !” He laughed even more and Areum frowned at him.

“Well we saw him already, anyway.” Areum gaze now moved to Taemin who explained “Sometimes we go to the hot springs together. It’s fun.”

“Fun is…” Minho cleaned the tears of his eyes from laughing too much “Watching soccer games together. Remember that time we went to watch that game all together in London?”

Areum remembered that Jinki traveled several times to London as a part of his work. She frowned. She always wanted to go to London and he never took her and yet he went to a soccer game with his team members.

“Key almost fell asleep.” Taemin answered.

“Then he made us promise to go shopping with him and only Base showed up.”

“Yeah…” Taemin chuckled “And you and Jinki took pictures of their date and stuck them to the door of the agency meeting room.”

“Base was embarrassed for weeks! That was fun!” Minho laughed again and Taemin joined in.

Areum exhaled noisily interrupting their moment “Who are you?” she asked confronting Taemin that blinked his eyes nervously looking at her.

“You really don’t remember me?”

Minho jumped up from the couch quickly and hit Taemin's head. The younger man complained and Minho laughed awkwardly.

That young kid was so reckless. Areum wasn’t supposed to know about Taemin following her before, about their encounter in the past. He would ruin Jinki's chance to tell her everything spilling the beans. “He means from the wedding.”

Areum crossed her arms over her chest in thought. Her wedding was only two weeks ago, before her honeymoon. They had to delay the trip to Thailand because Jinki was busy at work; well probably he had some James Bond mission going on. Two weeks is not long enough for her to forget two of their wedding guests. However a lot of people were at the dining hall during their wedding and she wasn’t sure who most of them were. Jinki didn’t even introduce a third of them to her. She felt cheated now.

“So you were there too?”

Taemin rubbed his head where Minho hit him “Of course. I’m Jinki's younger brother.”

“Really?” Areum was surprised once again because Jinki never mentioned a brother.  “You don’t look alike.”

“I’m Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you. Well I’m not his real brother but I am like one to him.”

Areum frowned. “I see.”  She still seemed suspicious.

“I came to help. I came to protect you.”

“Well…thank you.” She didn’t believe that he would be very useful as a body guard.  He looked so thin and weak.

Taemin looked away, his attention somewhere already and she noticed how he played with the rosary bracelet on his wrist.

Minho grabbed his backpack and moved closer to the door. “Onew hurry up. We need to go.”

“Go?” Areum asked feeling nervous again, losing the fake sense of security she gained during the night while she slept in Jinki’s arms. She was upset with how weakly she resisted to him, ignoring his lies for a few hours of sleep in his arms and a couples kisses and caresses. Yet, she didn’t regret it. He was still the only thing real in the middle of that nightmare she was in. She believed she had time to think about his lies later when they were safe.

“We have a plane in a few hours and we need to arrive to the airport early. It’s safer this way.” Taemin answered stretching his arms in the air and yawning noisily. He was the only one that didn’t nap.

Jinki left the bathroom and sent Areum an embarrassed look before fixing the collar of the red shirt he was wearing over his jeans.

She smiled slightly picturing him still but soon her smile faded when he grabbed a gun from over the table and hid it under his shirt.

For a few seconds she forgot about Onew and what he did the previous night. However Onew was still there.

He walked to her and grabbed the blue bag with their clothes with one hand, offering his other hand for her to hold. “Ready?”

Areum swallowed with difficulty a weird feeling settling over her again. Last night wasn’t a dream. She was kidnapped, traded for money, almost did a on a thug and stabbed a man….

“Will they try to kill us?” she placed her hand on his and he wrapped his fingers around hers protectively making her feel a little safer.

“They won’t.” Taemin answered instead “They are afraid of me.” He pulled the bag from Jinki's hand and took it from him. “I’ll take this and you take noona.”

Areum blushed slightly and Minho sighed. "I feel like I'm in one of Base's lame books".

Areum raised her head to look at Minho not understanding his comment and Jinki pushed Minho forward.

“You jealous right?” Taemin asked making Minho chuckle.

“Maybe a little.” Probably more than a little.

Jinki closed the door while the others walked down the corridor but Areum waited for him still holding his hand. “Why are they scared of Taemin?”

“Taemin is our Ace.” Jinki explained while they followed the other two men. “He has quite the reputation. A very well deserved one. We are just lucky he is on our side and not on theirs.”

Areum shivered moving her eyes to the jovial energetic young man’s back in front of her. He didn’t look very dangerous to her.

“I know what you are thinking.” Jinki added “Taemin is only one man and he isn’t invincible but people know how reckless he can be. He might not seem strong but he is fast and good…above all deadly.”

“Like you?” Areum asked and Jinki bit his lip in thought “I’m different. You will understand someday.”

She wondered when?! When he told her all about what was going on?! When would that be? When they arrived to Korea? On the plane?

“We have a taxi waiting for us outside. We can talk more about this later.” Jinki explained while they walked down the stairs quickly “From now on we are on a secret mission.” He smiled as if he was explaining a game to a kid but she didn’t smile back “We are going to go undercover and pretend that everything is fine ok?”

“What does that mean?” She asked trying not to trip on the stairs.

“It means that we are a couple on honeymoon. Remember?” She wanted to hit him after that observation but he didn’t seem to want to hurt her with his words “So we need to act like one. That won’t be hard to do it…” He trailed off in thought and she bit her lip finally reaching the ground floor. “So we are a couple on honeymoon and coincidentally we met two of our noisy friends during it and we decided to go back sooner than expected. Ok?”

Noisy friends.

Minho grabbed the bag from Taemin’s hand and run to the taxi waiting for them outside. He threw it inside the truck and then took off his backpack doing the same to it.

“I miss Korea already.” Minho said receiving a nod from Taemin that also put his luggage inside the truck.

“Ya…punk. You were there yesterday!” Minho said reprovingly.

Taemin ignored the comment sending Minho a blank look.

Very noisy. Areum thought.

For two secret agents on a mission they were being too noisy and carefree

 Hopefully Taemin was really good like Jinki said and they would have a safe trip back home.

6ga3j8.jpg

- Several years ago -

Nature was mocking Taemin.

It should be raining, dark clouds on the sky, wind blowing in rage, thunders cutting the skies and yet it was a sunny morning with birds singing, sakura trees dressed in pink, blue sky…

Even if the sun was shining over Taemin he felt as if there was a dark cloud above him instead.

He was only 14 and he always swear to himself that he would never wear something as ridiculous as a suit, yet here he was under the sun wearing a dark suit that was too big for him, lend by a neighborhood ahjussi,  hearing his grandma cry while staring at a stone tombstone with his older brother name on it.

He wanted to cry because in everyone’s eyes he was seen as cold, as the stupid kid who couldn’t even cry for his brother that was too young to die and did so protecting him and his grandma.

But Taemin was never the crying type and what no one seemed to grasp was that his brother didn’t die because of him. Taemin wasn’t the one who held the blade that stabbed his brother. He knew because he was there, he saw, he hugged him and he could still feel the warmth leaving his body, the blood on his hands.

Did Taemin blame himself? Probably, but he blamed who  held the blade one hundred times more.

He was only 14 and his only wish at that moment was different from the other kids his age. He wanted to kill his brother’s killer. He wanted to do it, in the same way, hopefully in front of someone he loved deeply so he could also lose his life knowing what he would left behind.

Taemin couldn’t even close his eyes now. Replaying the scene in front of him over and over again, the way his brother Taeyeon looked at him in his last seconds of life.

 The ahjussi who lend him the suit helped his grandma, now Taemin’s only family get up from the ground, and guided her down the mountain sending Taemin a last look. He knew that he would take her safely home.

Taemin stayed behind wanting to be alone with his brother again so he could tell him that he would keep his promise whatever happened.

However someone else stayed with him.

It was an older man, wearing glasses and an expensive suit. By his side there was a boy still wearing a school uniform with dark hair ruffled.

Taemin waited for them to reach the top of the mountain and him.

“You know my brother?” Taemin asked in a rude way tired of all the random ahjussis that came out of pity to the funeral.

The older man seemed to ignore Taemin's rudeness and smiled at him slightly. “Actually I did. I met him when he was still a kid. You were a baby and your grandma worked for me.”

Taemin frowned. He knew how his grandmother used to work for some rich families before his parents died and she had to end up raising him and his brother.

“She was my daughter’s nanny and she also helped me with my adopted son.” The boy beside the old man smiled softly at Taemin and he ignored it.

“Well then you gave your respects so now you can leave.” Taemin rudely answered.

“Actually I came here not for that but to talk with you. I have something to propose to you.”

Taemin placed his hands on his pants pocket and sighed “I doubt that anything you can offer me now will be something I truly want.”

“Well then you are wrong.” The man said and Taemin sent him a curious look “I know who killed your bother and why.”

He knew he caught Taemin’s attention because the boy's eyes widened.

“Also I know that the thing you want the most right now is to kill that man. However and even though I can offer you that, I also want something else from you.”

“Say it and I’ll do it.” Taemin eagerly said.

The boy in the uniform watched Taemin carefully. He was curious about the reason his adopted father wanted that boy to come with them, but now he knew. He could see the same lack of soul and innocence inside his eyes, the one that he often saw in his own eyes when he was a kid. He wanted to save Taemin like he saved him.

“Ok. Come live with me and ill teach you everything you need to know. However killing that man will have to be according to what I say, my way.”

“Who are you?” Taemin asked suspiciously.

“Oh my manners…” The man apologized bowing slightly at Taemin ”Lee Sooman is my name.”

Taemin stepped back. He knew that name. He was a very powerful man and certainly the person you would want as your ally in revenge; however he could also be a dangerous person.

“No one can control me. I’m the owner of my own will.” Taemin remarked, not falling into that man’s trap.

“So I’ve heard. However the most beautiful and fast horses are the untamed ones right?”

Taemin frowned. That old man was calling him a horse. “I’m not an animal.”

“We all are unfortunately. However we can learn how to keep that side of us controlled.” Lee Soo Man said touching the shoulder of the older boy. “I’m going back. Don’t come home late.”

He sent a last look at Taemin ”Think about my offer.”

Taemin saw the old man walking down the mountain again his eyes lacking emotion making the boy in the uniform move a hand on his already ruffled hair. He didn’t move and Taemin frowned at him.

 “And who the hell are you?” Taemin asked rudely.

“Lee Jinki.”

Taemin sent him a uninterested and unimpressed look and stared at the stone in front of him ignoring Jinki's presence.

“Aren’t you going with him?” Taemin asked after several minutes passed.

“No. I’ll stay with you.”

“Why?” Taemin looked away “You didn’t even know me or my brother.”

“No, but when I was younger than you I lost my parents. They died and the only memory I have of them is the screams of pain and fear while I grabbed my mom’s hand. Lee Soo Man saved me; he gave me a home, educated me and taught me how to use my thirst for revenge in a way that it can also be useful to others. I learned how to protect myself and the ones I want to protect thanks to him.”

“You are making all this speech to convince me to go with him right?”

Jinki looked at the younger boy that was almost as taller as he was, with respect. Taemin was a kid but he wasn’t dumb.

“I never went to my parent’s funeral.” Jinki looked at the tombstone in front of him “I’ve never visited their grave either.”

“Why?”

“After they died I stayed in a bed for several weeks without being able to speak and now…now I don’t have the courage to face them alone. It must be soothing to have someone by your side at these moments.”

Taemin watched how Jinki closed his eyes as if he was still in pain reviving his memories of the past.

“If I accept to go with this man, what will happen?”

Jinki opened his eyes “The one you want to kill will fear you just by hearing your name.”

Taemin exhaled slowly and Jinki smiled hearing the younger boy's stomach growl “Let’s go. I know a good place where they serve very delicious food. We can talk about it over lunch. You must be hungry.”

Taemin watched in disbelief. How could he even think about eating when he just lost his brother? However Jinki was right. He was hungry and suddenly he had a plan and he needed the energy to do it.

“I have no money…”

“I’ll pay. I’m the hyung right?”

Taemin followed after Jinki, watching him carefully and drinking his words full of hope, as he did so for the following years of his life.

6ga3j8.jpg

 

- 3 years ago –

“Morning!”

Areum moved her cup of coffee away from and looked back.

The guy she always met, running around the library gardens, greeted her with a smile. He was tall with dark hair, big eyes and a very hot body that he couldn’t hide behind his sporty clothes; however this time he was wearing a plain grey sweater and jeans.

“Writing again today?” He asked tilting his head, his eyes moving to Areum’s legs.

She knew that he was interested in her. He sent her all the signs already and before Audrey disappeared she also liked to flirt with him in hopes of something more. Not today. Not after meeting Lee Jinki and after he ruined her whole day, probably week, maybe even a month.

“Oh well…” She took off her beanie not even noticing how her hair was a mess after that gesture.

That’s why men liked her. Her careless cute side, the way she always cried when writing a sad scene or sometimes didn’t even notice people because she was so focused on what she was writing.  Of course that the fact that she was attractive also had a big weight on a guy's decision to try and woo her for one night together maybe more.

“Actually I was supposed to be answering my emails but you can’t ignore the inspiration when it comes.” She said moving her fingers on her laptop, cleaning a little of dust from it, her most prized possession.

“Well maybe we could go for a run later. I didn’t see you running yesterday.”

They would meet sometimes at the park when she went for a late run.

“I had a party and I was busy after it.”

Very busy, under Jinki, , sweating, and falling deeper in love….

He noticed how her eyes moved to the laptop in deep thought. “Ok…then…Maybe go drink coffee together?”

She blinked her eyes and looked at him. Was he asking her on a date?! Now?! After…after Jinki…

She groaned and he looked at her confused “I’m so sorry. I can’t. It’s complicated but I’ve fallen for this guy and…no I haven’t really fallen for him…its complicated!”

“I see.”

“Maybe another time. Next week…or month…or…” She bit her lip knowing that she ruined her chances with that guy but he smiled gently at her.

“It’s ok. Another time then!”

She waved at him, moving her fingers to her laptop writing as fast as her ideas sprouted in her head.  She didn’t even notice the annoyed look he sent her before walking away.

She finished after a few minutes, breathless, finally realizing how cold she was, moving to grab her beanie and placing it over her head.

She stared at the screen rereading what she wrote.

A set of paragraphs described a couple in love making . It was an exact description of the previous night she had with Jinki. She wrote the actions, the most intense moments and worse the feelings.

However it was only the heroin’s point of view since she couldn’t guess what he felt anyway.

The blinking icon on the screen annoyed her and she hit the erase button stopping after a while.

A last paragraph remained and she read part of it.

He kissed her lips ardently, his hands caressing her skin, taking her somewhere very far away, a place where only they existed, where she could only feel him, inhale his scent, taste him, hear their moans of pleasure, see his expression over her…He was all around her, becoming her world, giving her pleasure that words couldn’t even describe in a crescendo that she wanted desperately to never end even though she was eager to know the ending.

It ended in an explosion, erasing all her senses making her defenseless under him, whitening her world and then giving it color again when once again he kissed her restoring the breath he stole from her.

Then he buried her in darkness again when he left her.

Areum groaned and closed the laptop frustrated with herself. He was just an idiot like any other and she was writing about him now and worse, she was writing lame romantic stuff with him. Well….the was that good she couldn’t lie but she was supposed to be writing a new book not a page of her diary. Also she had so many emails to answer now that her book was going to be published.

She sighed drinking the rest of her coffee. He did kiss her a lot while they were having . He was a kisser and she always loved to kiss during the act. There was something very special about it, something beyond the carnal desire, something closer to that pure incredible feeling she wrote about in her book and never experienced…love.

That’s also why she avoided kissing the one night stands when she had one and knew that it wasn’t to last. However she answered to Jinki kisses, they even cuddled after the , she opened her heart to him about Audrey and she caressed and kissed his chest until she fell asleep.

Areum was so going to find him and kick him in the nuts!

However he didn’t answer his phone and she didn’t know where he lived.

Thinking about it, she was very careless giving herself to him without actually knowing him well.

Maybe love did exist since she was already acting like a crazy bimbo like books often described it.

Areum grabbed her cellphone from her black bag and hit the call button without a second thought.

Maybe this time Jinki would answer and she could call him a few ugly names on the phone. It’s not the same as actually hitting his manhood but that would do for now.

A faint ringing sound came from somewhere closer and Areum moved her head trying to figure it out where. That ring matched the ringing of her phone.

“Jinki?” She mumbled confused, scanning the trees and the apparently deserted garden.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

The car moved quickly and silently down the highway and Key's eyes moved from the bridge they were crossing to the girl hugging herself by his side. Audrey wasn’t crying anymore, she stopped after a while, her sobbing leaving silence in its place and now she was curled into a ball, her legs over the seat, next to his thighs, her head against the window, her dull eyes moving, seeing the road lines pass.

He was worried with her silence because she didn’t seem like the depressed type. She must love her friend really much and that was something he could respect.

Jonghyun opened the window, and sent a meaningful look in Key’s way before speaking to Audrey “I need to know where to go now. “

Both man looked at Audrey but she barely moved and they weren’t even sure if she heard them. Key pocked her legs if he was pocking an animal, afraid that she would hit him again.

“Where are the blueprints?” He asked with more confidence.

Audrey sat up and rubbed her pale cheeks sending Key a bitter look “I need to know if she is safe first.”

Key rolled his eyes and snickered in disbelief “You did already. You saw her as I promised you that you would. Now it’s your part of the deal.”

Audrey filled with hatred raised a finger in Key’s direction “YES AND RIGHT NOW SHE MIGHT BE DEAD!” She clenched her fist “SO NO, YOU BASTARD IM NOT GOING TO SAY WHERE IT IS!”

Key closed his eyes trying to calm himself down and Base sent him a worried look.

“Tell us where it is now….please!” Key deadly eyes were on Audrey’s and she started to lose her courage. Kibum never looked at her like that. He was losing his patience and even her could see that.

“Key…” Base said from the front sit knowing how Key hated to be insulted.

“No. No Key…NO ING KEY!” Key exploded turning angrily to her “This doesn’t cooperate so we go to plan B.”

“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?” Audrey screamed hysterically.

“This bastard here called you !” Key repeated with a mischievously smile.

She was quick and slapped Key with all strength, the hit marking the man’s cheek with a crimson red.

Kibum didn’t even think twice and took off his gun pointing it at Audrey’s head, that swallowed nervously, raising her arms in defeat.

“NO!” Jonghyun screamed pulling the car to the side of the road and stopping it so he could turn to look at the back seat.

“For God’s sake Key what are you doing?”

“You saw her! She hit me and insulted me. No one does that and survives.”

“She was just arguing with you…she is scared!”

“I don’t give a ! This is a mission and she is not cooperating. I’m tired of being the nice guy. There are lives at stake here. Millions of them and she is a spoiled brat that is only thinking about herself…” He recovered his breath “Where are the blueprints?”

Audrey sobbed trying to keep her emotions in and not cry in front of that man again.

“Y-you won’t kill me right? You need me!”

“Well if you don’t talk I might...”

“No one is going to hurt you!” Jonghyun said “GET OUT KEY!”

Key looked at Jonghyun with his mouth hanging open “What the Base?”

“NOW!” Jonghyun sent him the it’s-an-order-look and Key mumbled upset, leaving the car and closing the door after him with all his strength.

Audrey watched him walk to the back of the car talking alone and moving his hands in the air as if he was a little kid throwing a tantrum.

“Look“ her attention moved to Base “The guy who went after Areum is one of our best friends too….our family. He might die protecting your friend so we understand what you are feeling right now. But if we don’t focus and find those blueprints we are screwed. Do you even realize what might happen if the machine starts working?!”

Audrey looked at her hands on her lap “I—I do. That’s why I ran away.”

“Then help us. Our lives depend on it, even your friend and my friend life do…everyone’s lives…”

Base was right and she knew. He was so different from the other guy, so much gentler with her. She sent an angry look in the direction of the blonde man outside. He was not complaining anymore. Instead he was staring at the cars passing by in deep thought.

“He is frustrated!” Base explained “Onew is also his friend and besides Key values his life as an agent a lot. Doing his work is very important to him and you are ruining his plans.”

“He wanted to kill me!”

“He would never! He doesn’t kill innocent people. None of us do but Key only kills if he has to. He only wanted to scare you. I swear he is inoffensive when it comes to women…well…not if they fall for him.”

Audrey looked at Base in disgust “AS IF!”

Jonghyun chuckled with her reaction “Then will you help us?”

“I will…but if Areum survives…”

“She will!”

“You have to promise that you will protect her until there is no more danger!”

She watched Jonghyun look away in thought. He knew that protecting Areum was out of the plans of the agency but he had the means to protect her himself, besides there was someone else that would take care of that for sure.

“I don’t think you have to worry about that while Onew is around!”

Audrey titled her head confused and Jonghyun smiled gently “I Promise!”

Audrey nodded and mumbled an ok and Jonghyun called Key back inside the car.

The blonde man sat by her side and she moved further away not even looking at him.

“Where should I go then?” Jonghyun asked noticing how Key crossed his arms angrily.

“My apartment!” she answered.

“YOUR WHAT?” Key was in disbelief.

“Of course…where would I hide the blueprints if not there?”

“Are you crazy? They turned it upside down already.” Key sent Base a helpless look “Me and Onew we searched everywhere and we found nothing. What if they got them already?”

“If they did they wouldn’t be following Areum. We need to hurry up!”  Jonghyun frowned knowing how dangerous it would be to go to her apartment now. since it was probably being guarded by Dokko agents.

Base the car and Key moved on his seat pulling something from under the driver seat.

Audrey stared at the box and apprehensively moved even further away when she saw what was inside: guns.

She moved her eyes from Key and his guns to Base, bending forward to speak with him. “Can’t you call your friend and ask him if she...I mean they are safe?”

Jonghyun gave a small nod and moved his fingers to the panel of the car touching the number two. She watched in amusement at how the sound of the calling ring filled the car.

No one answered and after a while it went to voicemail.

“It’s bad right?” Audrey asked noticing how her two companions weren’t talking.

Jonghyun moved his hand to the car panel again and this time touched the number one.

No one picked up the call again and Base groaned.

“Ace too?” Key asked and Audrey noticed how he got paler. They were worried too. “Call Minho.”

Base hit the button with the number 5 on it and they waited until someone answered on the other side.

Yes?” It was deep male voice and Audrey eyes moved from Base to Key in expectation. “I’m kinda busy right now..” They could hear the sound of a car engine.

“It’s important” Jonghyun said “Onew…”

“I know!”

“What?” Key asked as surprised as Base.

“Ace just called me. happened! Onew is hurt severely and I’m going there now.”

“Areum…” Audrey asked eagerly. If Onew was hurt than who was protecting her friend?!

“How is the target?” Jonghyun asked, feeling suddenly hotter and nervous. Onew was hurt and it was his entire fault because he let him go alone.

Who?” Minho asked silence filling the car making Audrey tremble.

“AREUM…” she screamed.

The fact that a woman just spoke to Minho didn’t seem to surprise him because he answered back with a normal voice “Ace didn’t mention her. I don’t know.”

“Call me when you do please.” Jonghyun said turning off the call and Audrey complained on the back seat hitting the back of the seat in front of her.

“She is ok…” Jonghyun said cleaning is sweaty forehead. Onew was hurt, Taemin was alone and maybe in danger, Minho was busy, and he and Key were on another suicide mission.

He couldn’t stop but think about his wife and daughter waiting for him so they could all go to Bora’s first birthday party at a friend’s house.  

“…” he mumbled.

Audrey moved her eyes to Key who was suddenly too silent, so unlike him, his eyes on the road in front of him, his hand over his thigh grabbing his gun.

Onew is also his friend…

Maybe he wasn’t that different from her as she thought. He could also lose his best friend that day.

6ga3j8.jpg

- 7 years ago -

Minho proudly walked around the hotel ballroom with Nana holding his arm. As always Jonghyun parents did a good job preparing that wonderful party to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

“Are they dancing the waltz?” Nana asked blinking her eyes in wonder. She looked beautiful with a long red dress and golden high hells, her hair caught in a bun over her head. She could have looked like a femme fatale but in Minho’s eyes she was more like Red Riding Hood, pure and beautiful. Maybe he was deceiving himself but the way she trembled of fear before entering that party, holding on to him was every proof he needed to know that she was his innocent princess. A femme fatale would never be scared of a group of people.

After he introduced her to Jonghyun’s parents they came face to face with Jonghyun who sent Minho a approving look.

Nana chatted with Jonghyun girlfriend and Jonghyun took the opportunity to pull Minho aside “She is gorgeous. Nicely done.”

“Thank you. She is wonderful!”

“I wonder what she saw on you.” Jonghyun said teasingly moving his glass to his lips, drinking the expensive champagne.

Minho ignored his comment and patted Jonghyun shoulder adorably.

“Jamongie…I’m in love!”

Jonghyun raised his glass to that and both toasted to it. Seeing Minho happy was enough to make Jonghyun happy.

Nana’s eyes locked with Minho’s and he had one of those moments of pure bliss. It was as if everything was in their right place, as if he was inside one of those stories that are going to end with an happily ever after. However everything changed when a man with brown hair stopped by Jonghyun side wearing a beautiful dark blue suit with white shirt and light blue necktie. He was handsome and gave a very manly vibe even though he had a beautiful innocent smile, his eyes disappearing into thin lines when Jonghyun hugged him friendly.

He introduced the man to Minho even though Minho was sure that he saw him before, probably at one of Jonghyun’s parties.

“Choi Minho, my brother, this is Lee Jinki. He is Mi-Jung adopted brother.”

They bowed at each other “It’s so nice to meet you.” Minho said politely. He felt a hand on his back and realized that Nana was by his side. “This is my girlfriend, Lim Nana.”

Jinki gentle smile wilted a little and for a few seconds Minho was sure that he knew her; however Jinki bowed respectfully like a gentleman. “It’s very nice to meet you too. “

“Shall we go dance now?” Minho asked Nana and she looked at him as if she was expecting to talk with his friends for a longer time. He didn’t want that. He was jealous of the way she couldn’t stop staring at Lee Jinki and his prince like manners.

Minho pulled her to the middle of the dancing crowd. “I don’t know how to dance this maybe we should stay and talk a little longer.”

“No. Ill teach you.” He pulled her closer to him and she tried her best to match his dancing steps. For a while she almost forgot about the reason she was there, living the princess life for a few seconds imagining Minho has her prince. No other man in that room shined as he did but she didn’t miss the look of jealousy on his eyes. If she was a free woman she would have played that in her favor, teasing the man she loved until the moment she would reassure him of her feelings. But she wasn’t. She had a mission to do.

Nana did step on his feet several times and he mistook that for her lack of dancing skills not realizing that her eyes were still on Jonghyun and Jinki who clearly were whispering to each other about something. She noticed how Jonghyun sent her a not so pleasant look before walking away joining his girlfriend. Jinki stood in the same place drinking his glass of wine, his eyes on her, a flirting smile on his lips.

She smiled back at him from over Minho's shoulder.

Nana was backstabbing him, she knew she was. However he should have suspected it before. She wasn’t the pure girl he always pictured her to be and she wasn’t afraid to use to get what she wanted. She wasn’t afraid to take Minho to bed, and she clearly wasn’t afraid to sleep with Jonghyun or Jinki or whoever she had too to get what she needed.

She wasn’t innocent. She wasn’t pure. She wasn’t even Lim Nana.

Nana moved her hand on her hair tucking a free strand behind her ear, her eyes on Jinki. He moved his head on the direction of a door and she smiled nodding her head slightly.

She saw him walk away and she made up an excuse to Minho saying she was going to the bathroom. Nana hated to lie to him but that was what she was good at. Lying and .

She walked to the bathroom and once she saw that Minho was distracted she moved in the opposite direction, crossing the door from where Jinki disappeared. She end up in the balcony. Jinki was there already waiting for her with the first button of his white shirt open, his untied tie around his neck making him look very y.

“Feeling hot?” She flirted. He didn’t wait and pulled her to his arms kissing her lips.

She answered back thankful that he was a good kisser and an attractive man. She had her share of disgusting old mans, and terrible guys already.

She smiled against his lips and he pulled her away, his hands moving down her back to her , pushing her against his crouch making her whimper. God he was hot and he certainly hide something good below his pants.

“I thought you were dating Minho?” Jinki asked tilting his head, kissing her neck, biting her skin softly.

“I am but….you know?! I like the adrenaline of with random men.”

“Am I random?” Jinki asked “Or did you choose me for a reason?”

She moved her hand down his chest to his pants, caressing his bulge over it. Jinki breath quickened and she knew she was doing it right. “I’m curious about what you hide under these pants. Maybe we could go somewhere. This house must have a lot of empty bedrooms.”

“Want me to you?” Jinki asked kissing her lips and grabbing her by her waist turning her around with him so he could push her against the wall. He was acting like the controlling male and she loved every moment of it. She liked the aggressive y ones…or used to.

Minho was always gentle, kissing her, caressing her softly as if she was going to break, as if she was made of glass. She never felt pleasure like the one he gave her and he was never once aggressive with her.

Nana swallowed closing her eyes briefly, erasing Minho from her head.  

“Hum...Yes genius, I want to have with you.”

He smiled biting her lower lip. “I’m also curious about what you hide under your dress.”

“Want to see?” She asked blinking her eye and pulling the strap of her dress slightly down so he could have a better look at her s.
Jinki grinned making her grin to and then she gasped feeling something hard against her and it wasn’t his . It was a gun.

“What the are you doing here Park Nana?” Jinki asked changing his expression and tone of his voice drastically.

! He knew her and her real name and that was probably what he was discussing with Jonghyun before. He seduced her instead, isolating her from the party to question her. She underestimated him.

“I’m with my boyfriend….is that a gun?” Nana asked pretending to be innocent and making Jinki groan.

“Cut the act. I know you Park Nana. And I know that you are using him! God you are disgusting! He actually has feelings for you.”

His words seemed to hit a nerve inside her because she looked at him with deadly eyes “Well you seemed to have fun so maybe we can really .”

Jinki smiled “As if. As soon as you find me alone in a bed you will kill me. I know how you work. Is that why you are here? To kill me?” wrinkles appeared on his forehead when he realized“...wait …Jonghyun.”

She looked away. “However you knew that he was going to be hard to get now because he has a girlfriend and is in love…so I’m the new target.”

“Well, Jonghyun is a good man. He is faithful. Besides why not kill the prodigy son instead. Daddy would be so sad to lose him.”

Jinki pushed the gun against her, hurting Nana and then stepped back. “Pull the strap of your dress up and collect yourself. Then get back to that party and pretend nothing happened. Break up with Choi Minho until the end of the night and disappear from his life or you will regret it.”

She pulled the strap up and steeped closer to Jinki. “You know what the problem with SM Agents is? They are too nice. You will regret not killing me.”

“I won’t. I said I know you. I know why you are working with Dokko and if you want to change your life you can come work for us.”

Nana blinked her eyes surprised with his offer and she couldn’t hide the sadness in her eyes.

“I can’t…the Union would kill me.” She caressed Jink'si face “Thank you sweetie. You seem like a good guy.” She kissed his lips again but this time he didn’t answer back so she moved her hand down to his pants “I enjoyed this little moment together.” She kissed his cheek and Jinki grabbed her hand pulling it away from his pants. Nana whispered on his ear “Take care of Minho for me please.”

The difference on her voice and expression showed him that this time she wasn’t playing with him. She actually cared for Choi Minho. The worst thing that can happen to an agent or spy during a mission is to fall for the target, die or to be used for information.

 “What are you doing?” A deep voice asked and both Jinki’s and Nana’s eyes moved to the entrance of the balcony.

Minho was there, with his big eyes wide open, sparkling with hate at Jinki that was holding Nana arm forcefully.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” He asked again his eyes moving from Nana to Jinki.

“This is no what it seems like.” Nana said softly surprised when Minho strode outside raising his fist to hit a surprised Jinki that didn’t even protect himself. The punch hit Jinki on his jaw and Minho, who wasn’t used to fight, yelled in pain before getting ready to punch Jinki a second time.

However the skilled man grabbed his arm and twisted it, making Minho cry.

“STOP YOU ARE HURTING HIM!” Nana screamed and Jinki released Minho.

“I’m sorry!” Jinki apologized to an humiliated Minho. He looked at Nana who was now caressing Minho's arm “LEAVE HIM OR I WON’T BE THIS NICE!”

Playing with someone’s feelings was something that Jinki hated above else. Feelings were the most important thing a human could have. That was what differentiated them from killing machines, that’s also what made people go on living, was it for better or for worse. Jinki sent the couple a last look before leaving to report to Jonghyun what happened.

 “What is happening? “ Minho asked confused, touching his arm and Nana hugged him, tears filling her eyes.

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.” She said helpless knowing how she ruined everything and that she could say it on hundred times and still it wouldn’t be enough.

“Did he try to you?” Minho asked angrily but she didn’t move from his embrace.

“No.”

her? No….she knew what was very well. She would always remember how used she was in the past, abused to the point that she couldn’t care anymore, that she wouldn’t even notice any longer if a man was over her. They said they were teaching her, how to give pleasure, how to use to weaken man…however they were just pleasuring themselves using her as if she was nothing more than a doll.

Minho.

He was different from them and she caressed his face wishing that things could be different and she met him before the Union. Maybe then she could believe in a future by his side, in a way out from that life besides death.

Poor Minho!

He still saw her as an innocent pure girl. Nana moved away from him cleaning her eyes. What an idiot she was! Onew was right. She needed to leave him as quickly as she could before she destroyed that perfect man she learned to love.

“Let’s go home.” Minho said kissing her lips and she cupped his face answering back.

Home.

She didn’t know what that was until she met him.

And now there was no home for her anymore.

6ga3j8.jpg

- Present Day –

The trip to the airport went well and now they were safe inside the plane . Taemin was right and with him around no one tried anything. That fact made Areum even more curious about his skills, maybe even a little scared of him.

Areum moved her eyes from Jinki that was by her side to the window and the view of Thailand staying behind them while the plane flied higher.

It was funny how everything changed in only one day. Yesterday she was dreaming about having fun on the beach with her husband, about trying for a baby and now she was just trying to survive. She moved on her seat and looked at the seat on the other side where Minho and Taemin were talking as if nothing happened.

How could they act like that after knowing all the danger they faced and will face? How could Minho smile after killing a man…how could Jinki…?

He touched her arm, his fingers caressing her skin making her even more tense.

“You should rest.” He said his eyes on her. He couldn’t look anywhere else besides her. She wasn’t dumb, she noticed it already and his extra attention on her was making her go crazy.

Ok she understands why he is acting like that.  He wants to make up with her and is afraid of losing her. Also he is glad that she is ok, but at the same time he is hurting her, making her fall more and more in love with him if that is even possible.

“I slept already.” She answered.

“I know but you can sleep more. It’s safe here. The safest we will be in the next 5 hours.”

“They aren’t on this plane?” She asked and he smiled.

“Hum. It’s unlikely but if they are they won’t do anything until we arrive in Seoul. Trust me.”

She didn’t seem relaxed with his words and he moved his fingers to the middle of hers. “I’m here by your side and they will need to pass over me to reach you. Besides we have Minho and Taemin also.”

Areum looked at the other two men that were still talking and laughing about something. “What are they even doing?! They should be keeping watch.”

Areum offended expression made Jinki laugh.

“Key will like you.”

“Key?” She asked curious.

“Yes. He is another agent in our team. He also complains about their lack of professionalism and that they don’t focus during missions, always busy with their stupid game.”

“Game?”

Jinki blushed realizing what he just let slip in their conversation. Areum didn’t miss his embarrassment, the way her husband rubbed his neck “It’s a game…where they count the number of…”

“Of?” She frowned and Jinki knew he had no way out of that, besides he lied to her enough for a life time.

“Girls they sleep with.”

“What?” Areum asked  loudly, sending Minho and Taemin a very unpleasant look that they completely ignored.

Jinki pushed Areum back on her seat shushing her “Keep your voice down. They will kill me if they know that I told you.”

“I can’t believe they do that…that’s disgusting and so mean.”

Jinki moved his arms around Areum shoulders protectively “Well they aren’t doing anything wrong.”

She pushed his arm away immediately “What do you mean?”

“I mean…they sleep with girls willing to do so. It’s not a relationship,  it’s a one night stand.”

Areum raised her eyebrows and sadly looked away “Like I was to you?”

“No…” He grabbed her chin and softly moved her head so she would face him again. “You were never a one night stand to me and you know that!”

Did she?! She still could remember that morning that she woke up alone after they had . The weeks that she waited for one word from him that never came. At how he suddenly showed up on her life again and turned everything upside down, professing his undying love for her and making her go crazy in love for him.

“You also play with them?” She asked a little afraid. After all he lied to her about who he was. Maybe in all those trips he did sleep with other women. Her marriage wouldn’t survive if it was true and both knew that.

“Are you asking me if I sleep around and count it?” his expression was blank and Areum bit her lower lip nervously.

“Yes...when you were out…on missions.”

“No. I’ve never once cheated on you and I only slept with one woman in all my missions. I swear!”

She scanned his eyes for a possible lie but he did seem to be telling the truth. She hoped that he was. Still he slept with someone…

“You did? One?” her voice failed her and Jinki moved on the seat so he could face her.

What he was going to do was a risky move but she deserved to know the truth and that was good. Little by little he could tell her.

“Yes. She was the only woman I slept with during a mission and the only I fall in love with.”

She stared at him not understanding what he meant and Jinki smiled caressing her cheek “It was you Areum. The only one…”

She gulped thinking about his words. She was the only one and that was a relief to hear and yet…he mentioned a mission.  Of course he slept with her while he was investigating Audrey disappearance. It made sense. He fell for her and did it.

She blushed a little with that piece of information. She was the only one who made agent Onew get crazily in love.

“I did it with you not because of the mission.” He said quickly hiding the details from her and telling her what was essential “I did it because I really wanted it. Because I was attracted to you and your beautiful smile and lips…” She giggled and he traced her lower lip with his thumb. “And I wanted you as I never wanted anyone before…”

He moved closer to her and she kissed him, caressing his face, smiling against his lips.

 “Just that.” He finished after the kiss, stealing another from her and another, quenching a little of his thirst from her. She pushed him slightly away ruining his plans.

“It was Audrey’s mission right?” She asked tucking her hair behind her ears and Jinki cleared his throat.

“Y-yes. It had to do with Audrey disappearance.”

Areum moved a hand to and giggled making Jinki smile.

“What?”

“I’m the only one who made agent Onew break his code of conduct.” She smirked cockily and he grabbed her hand pulling it to his lap.

“For you…anything!” He kissed her hand and fingers and Areum leaned back on the seat giggling at him being corny.

“Anything?”

“Yes. You know that already.” He moved to kiss her lips again but Areum moved away kissing his cheek instead. He sent her a questioning look and she leaned against the seat.

“I have a request to make you. You should investigate Audrey’s death. I could help.”

Jinki leaned his head against the seat and watched her.

Audrey. She would always be a shadow in his relationship with Areum and yet he couldn’t blame that woman for that since she was the solo reason he met Areum.

“Investigate it? We?”

“Yes. You know, why she died and who killed her. It was Dokko right?” She her lips and moved her hand on his “The police did nothing back then and now that you have the means to investigate it…we could do it.”

He rubbed his head against the seat moving his face closer to hers.

“I’m not going to do that.”

She stared at his eyes. He meant it.

“Why? You said you would do anything for me.”

“And I would and I will, but not that.”

Her expression changed and she moved her hand away from his but Jinki firmly grabbed it pulling her hand to his lap again.

“You don’t understand…” She said weakly.

“No. You are the one who don’t understand.” He replied softly “I don’t have to do what you are asking me to do because I already know what happened to her that day.”

“You mean…”

“The day she died. I know what happened and I know who killed her.”

6ga3j8.jpg

- 3 years ago -

Jinki was watching the Dokko guy for a while, how he walked around the garden and then stopped in front of her flirting with her. The ing bastard!

Areum almost ignored him, her eyes on the laptop she always carried around to write. They seemed to be acquaintances and that infuriated Jinki. That guy was following her for a while and he didn’t even know, mistaking him for an admirer when in reality he was just like him. The thought made him even more upset. In an alternate universe he could be the guy who slept with her the night before, the one who kissed and touched her, the one who would break her heart and not him.

Jinki wanted to break his neck now not because of the mission the guy was doing but because he was dying of jealousy.

He saw how he walked away knowing that he wasn’t going to go much far away so he would still keep an eye on her and Jinki bit his lip knowing that he had to force an encounter with that man to spook him away from her.

He was screwed now!  Scaring that man would only be temporary until another agent replaced him.

Suddenly his phone vibrated inside his pocket, the familiar ringing tone filling the garden. He moved to quickly pick it up but it was too late, Areum was looking in his direction, her eyebrows moving into a frown while she tried to see beyond the bushes where he was hiding.

“…” Jinki whispered turning off the call just when she whispered his name.

She stood up noticing how the call was turned off and the ringing also stopped. Jinki moved beyond the bushes turning his phone off, knowing that it could be his death sentence if he needed to call for help but he needed to be quick before she called again. Which she did, of course, frustrated, noticing how the phone was off now.

“Jinki?” She called out loud this time, only the sound of the wind and some birds answering to her.

She walked closer to trees, slowly and peeked beyond the bushes where he wasn’t anymore.

“Weird!” She got back to pick up her things and threw the coffee cup inside the nearest garbage can. Jinki sighed of relief, now next to the wall of the entrance to the library watching her pick up her reading glasses from her bag and enter the building.

There is a thing that all secret agents feel that Key likes to call the sixth sense. An agent can always feel when trouble is coming their way. The small hair on the back of the agent neck rises up and they get goosebumps just before their heart starts pumping faster.

There is also a reason agents aren’t supposed to fall in love and worse protect the object of their affections on missions. Even though the fact that they are linked to the target makes them more eager to protect them, thats also means that they will get distracted easier with their feelings.

That was the case here. Jinki was so focused on Areum that he was too late to notice the man by his side, Areum’s “admirer” which grabbed Jinki by his neck in a deadly embrace, a knife to his neck.

“Well, well, well….Onew right?”

Jinki clutched the dead phone on his hand, trying to move his finger to the button so he could turn it on, while his other hand moved to the arm of the man with the knife.

 He was screwed.

 

 

 

I completely forgot to write something on the end of the previous chapter...<.<

Anyway im sorry for the possible mistakes on this.

Im tired and I wanted to post it fast.

Also this chapter was a confusing mess to me because I kept cuting parts and adding others. basicaly I wrote enough for two more chapters ahahaha

Anyway...hum...cant think about anything important right now so...

I hope you like it.

Comment, subscribe, upvote.

(Yes I know I have more fics to update....I will work on that eventualy....^//^)

To the ones still reading, Love you ~

PS: More Taemin? Do you like it? Hope so...he is the Ace....the hero...eheheh so of course i had to give him a super hero like past. u.u