Mission XXIII: Decoy

Perfectly Dangerous

 

Secret Agents Dictionary:

Decoy: something designed to divert the enemy’s attention

 

- A few hours earlier -

 

It was as if the whole world around him was moving in circles and Taemin had a hard time opening his eyes. The fact that his face hurt due to all the punching he received lately wasn't helping either.

Once he managed to open his eyes properly and look beyond the grates of his jail he regretted it.

A man was watching him, his gold like eyes on him.

It was funny how he never forgot those eyes and yet he never realized how similar Mina’s eyes were to his.

She was different though. Half his blood could run in her veins but she was more than a group of cells in a body fluid; she was more precious than that man could ever be.

“Can you see me?”

Taemin didn't answer and instead placed his hands on the floor of his cage and pulled himself off from it, sitting back against the grates, eyeing The King from under his bangs.

He hasn't showered in a while and his clothes were ripped and bloody just like his hands and he probably did look awful but he didn't care. His heart was still beating and as long as he was alive there was 50% of chance that he could kill the man in front of him and once he did he would do it in a way that his smile would be the last thing he saw.

One of his thugs pulled a chair closer to the cage and The King sat on it eyeing Taemin carefully.

“You look like .” He paused knowing that he wouldn't receive any answer from the secret agent but still doing it for his own amusement. “And it’s a shame that you do when we are going to receive visiters very soon.”

Taemin didn't show any interest and if the King was disappointed he didn't show it.

“Someone will come to save you, someone you cherish.”

Taemin held his breath and moved his fingers over the floor of the cage and The King smiled in victory.

“Aren’t you excited that you will have a visitor? And all because Mina is going to lead the way.”

Taemin was though to show no emotion but still The King was impressed. He was bruised, deeply hurt and was humiliated, treated like an animal and now his family was in danger and because his girlfriend betrayed him.

“Mina told you about going to ask for help didn't she? She even asked you to give her some advice to better enter the mansion. But she forgot to tell you that she works for me now.” The King chuckled “She is doing everything to save you and herself and her useless brother.”

“Why are you doing this?” Taemin’s voice came hoarsely, as if he forgot how to use it and The King watched him deep in thought as if he was evaluating to see if he was ready to know the answer.

“Do you realize how precious your new family is? How much money I can get if I manage to catch one of them?”

Taemin flinched as if he was in pain.

“Someone truly wants to do business with me. Something about old grudges, something about wounds from the past…” The King laughed “It's funny how some people are marked for tragedy even before they were born. To protect you, your brother died and now well...now it’s going to happen again! I guess loving you means trouble!”

The King chuckled but Taemin didn't react to his words, instead he watched him with a deadly gaze.

“Who is doing business with you?”

“Why are you making so many questions when you're there? Uselessly looking at me, unable to stop what is going to happen, unable to do ?!”

“Who?”

“Why?”

“I need to know who will I kill after you.”

The King clapped “Brave words of a mad man.” He sighed standing up and signaled to his men to grab the chair and place it where it belonged.

“You don't need to know. It's just someone that will pay me well, someone that has the right connections. You should forget it and enjoy the second opportunity I'm giving you to be happy with my daughter.”

He turned around and walked to the door “She might be a traitor but she is doing it all for love. It's quite pretty.”

“I can't believe it.”

The King stopped beside the door and shrugged his shoulders “I couldn't believe that my first wife, the love of my life, the mother of my daughter was truly wanting to leave me but well she did, or tried to.” He moved his fingers to his head as if it was a gun “I killed her. At least you will have a woman that wants to be with you with an intact brain.” He laughed opening the door and the thug was going to leave after him when something made him freeze, a cold shiver ran down his spine.

The man in the cage was looking at the place where The King was before with dark eyes that didn’t look human but the worst part was his smile, an enigmatic cold smile.

How could he smile like that after knowing that he was the cheese in a trap to catch someone he cared for? That his girlfriend was the one who was going to bring that person to his death?!

The man in the cage was going insane for sure.

6ga3j8.jpg

- A few hours later  -

 

The flashes of the cameras were something blinding at first, when he started getting famous, speaking to bigger audiences and signing books at larger venues but now Jonghyun was already used to it and it was part of what was necessary when you want to reach the most people you can.

He stepped into the stage and offered his hand to Mi Jung that looked at him surprised. He was supposed to climb on the stage to receive the award alone but he was only offered that honor because of the sacrifices his family made so they also needed to be with him.

However before she had time to accept his help, Bora grabbed Jonghyun’s hand and climbed the stairs making several people in the audience melt with how cute she was. She grabbed her mother's hand pulling her up too and the couple, with Bora in the middle looking like a cute doll with a big blue dress, walked to the middle of the stage.

Jonghyun grabbed the small glass statue that was his award and stopped in front of the microphone eyeing the other guests sitting at their fancy tables, wearing expensive clothes, many of them not knowing what it meant to work everyday of your life to win a miserable paycheck that barely let you pay your house deposit, that barely was enough to feed your family, that wasn't enough for sure to pay the health care of your elders.

Jonghyun knew. He lived in poverty before his parents had the struck of luck to get rich and even though Mi Jung never went through something like that he knew that she also had an idea of how it felt, that she was probably one of the few there coming from a rich background that actually tried to do something for the ones that didn't have the same luck she did, or he did.

Jonghyun looked at the award and then his eyes fell on the little girl beside him, holding his coat, eyeing the cameras in front of her as if the flashes of lights were fireworks; and then to the beautiful elegant woman wearing a dress she made that matched the elegant suit that she also designed, beside him.

“Usually I'm good with words but today I think I can't be coherent enough.”

The audience laughed and Jonghyun grasped the award more firmly. It felt between his fingers, so different from Bora’s little hand in his minutes before.

That life he created was the true prize he would ever get from this life, the truest reward for who he was as a man.

“My wife and my daughter came on stage with me because I don't think I would be here if it wasn't for them. Like I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my parents who raised me with so much sacrifice.”

Mi Jung raised a hand to her eyes and he knew she was trying hard not to cry.

“I know it sounds cliché and probably everyone says this but I don't think I would be able to write books and speak out for so many causes and against so many powerful people if I didn't knew that at the end of the day I was also fighting for my daughter’s future, to be the man that my wife always saw in me.” She was the first one that truly believed in him and even though she knew how much he was thankful to her he also knew he had to say it in front of everyone. “It’s not always easy, it's just words most of the time. I'm only speaking when I should be actually doing something on the field to help…”

He was though. Even though no one inside that room knew how much he risked his life for others.

“But words, our thoughts is what move others to get into action. If no one was talking about it then no one would be thinking about it and without reflecting about things there wouldn't be people actually doing something, trying to change things.”

He his lips trying to remember the speech he wrote on the plane - while Mi Jung tried to convince Bora to stay on her seat - for that occasion but something caught his attention.

A familiar face moved at the end of the room and Jonghyun frowned slightly trying to place that face next to a memory.

He saw him before, at his lecturers at college, at his book signings, even at some of the tv shows he went before, clapping in the audience.

He was one of his fans and yet something about him made him uncomfortable.

“Jonghyun?” Mi Jung whispered making him wake up from his daze. The room was in silence waiting for him to speak and Jonghyun smiled softly resuming his speech.

“That's why I believe that teaching at our college our students to speak up for what they believe, inspiring them and stimulating them to think by themselves is so important. I'm honored to receive this award.” He raised the small statue looking around the room and between flashes his eyes of a secret agent detected something.

A suspicious man dressed in black was close to the entrance door, nervously moving his hand under his jacket. Another one was by the emergency door with a backpack and clothes that didn't match a party like that. They didn't belong there, just like his fan didn't belong there. That ceremony was invitation only and even though he was well dressed Jonghyun had a bad feeling about it.

He his dry lips and moved his eyes to one of the security guards next to the stage. There were two on the stage and one by the end of the room. They weren't enough, they didn't even seemed to be armed.

Jonghyun’s alarmed eyes fell on Bora next to him, her eyes on him, her small hand grabbing his coat. She smiled moving her eyes to her new shining black shoes with cute light blue bows with dots that matched her mother’s dress. Jonghyun swallowed hard and raised his eyes to Mi Jung that was eyeing him a little pale knowing that something was wrong. He rehearsed his speech on the plane too many times to count, to the point that even Bora memorized parts of it.

Something was indeed wrong.

Jonghyun never felt so much fear in his whole life. He could lose them. He could lose the people he loved the most in his life, the ones he wanted to protect above everything.

And it would all happen in a split of a moment.

He wasn't wrong.

Jonghyun saw the man beside the emergency door place his backpack on the floor in front of him, at the same time the nervous man took a gun from under his coat. In the front, his fan smiled at him before he pointed the gun at the stage.

The sound of the bullets made Bora cover her ears scared while Mi Jung jerked her little body against hers . Screams filled the whole room.

At that moment Jonghyun forgot about his speech. He was no longer Kim Jonghyun the writer and activist. He was Base, the secret agent, he was Kim Jonghyun father and husband and it was time to protect his family.

Jonghyun was right about having a bad feeling about that party…

6ga3j8.jpg

- Present Time  -

 

It felt weird to have a meeting without Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin but unfortunately that was the reality they were living in.

Director Oh was the last one to arrive and her eyes moved around the small table. Sooman was sitting beside Jinki, Taemin’s supposedly girlfriend was between him and Kibum, and the only free chair was in the middle of the old man and Kibum that moved his chair slightly away from hers once she sat.

Sooman looked sadly at the faces in front of him and sighed. Half his team wasn't there.

“I could contact Minho but...” Jinki suggested. Minho was back to his place where he was staying with Nana, but they all knew it wasn't possible since he was suspended until Taemin came back and could testify on his behalf.

“Well let's start this... meeting.” Sooman grabbed his glasses from over the table and Director Oh cleared signaling that she wanted to say something.

“It’s better to be less and get rid of the traitors.”

“What are you doing here then?” Kibum asked raising an eyebrow and looking at her with a smirk.

Director Oh didn't answer to the teasing and Sooman spoke again.

“So, according to what you told us, Taemin is your father's prisoner?”

“Yes. I have a plan to take him out of my house but I need help.” She looked at Jinki hopefully “I need someone to come with me.”

“One person to enter a house full of thugs. I don't think it's a good idea.” Kibum remarked.

“We need to save Taemin.” Jinki said focusing on Mina’s words ignoring Kibum’s worries.

“My father doesn't know I am here. He doesn't expect that someone would have the guts to try and enter the house.” She seemed very sure about it “And with my help you will be able to enter it and know exactly where Taemin is and save him.”

“And what happens when your father finds out you betrayed him?” Kibum asked eyeing her suspiciously.

“We can take her back with us.” Jinki suggested “After all she is one of his victims also.”

Mina nodded her head “And my brother! Don't forget about him.”

Kibum frowned watching Mina, making her flustered. Was he trying to see through her?!

“You seem too confident that your father doesn't suspect you. I mean, you left your house - someone that says that she hates her father and knows he is keeping her lover imprisoned inside a cage in a basement and yet you think he doesn't suspect you?”

Mina paled eyeing Kibum and she didn't say anything for a while. “I-I told him I was going to stay with a grandma I know because of my brother. He doesn't question where I go. Sometimes I disappear for days, it makes sense to visit my sick brother.”

“Or betray him.”

“Kibum please…” Jinki turned his chair to Mina “Tell us exactly where he is and how we can enter the house.”

“Jinki we need to understand first if this girl is not trying to trick us.”

“I don't care.” Jinki said agitated “My brother is in a cage inside a basement being used as punching dummy. We need to take him out of it.”

“You are being irrational because of your relationship with Taemin.” Kibum tried to reason with him.

“Aren't you worried with him?”

“Of course I am but…”

“Right now, one of us is in danger.” Director Oh Interrupted and much for everyone’s surprise she took Jinki’s side “So we need to act before it's too late.”

“Ah yes but…”

“I think that more than one agent should go. Both of you should go.” Director Oh added but Mina shook her head.

“No I can only let one enter the house. It will be dangerous if it's more than one person. “

“That doesn't make much sense.” Kibum tried to say but no one seems to be listening to him.

“I'll go. I'm the only one right now that is capable of going.”

Kibum couldn't contradict it. He still had problems walking and his physical condition wasn't the best. Base wasn't there, Minho was absent from the team. Jinki was truly the only one.

“I did went to save Minho.” Kibum said “Maybe I can drive you there and serve and the runaway driver and backup.”

“Thanks.”

“However I still don't think this is a good idea. We are basically following a plan made by a girl we barely know.”

“Kibum has a point there.” Sooman mediated.

“Do you have any other idea?” Director Oh asked and silence fell around the table. “Thinking about something else or waiting for Jonghyun to come back might make it too late.”

“We could ask another team to help and…”

“My father would kill Taemin before any of you reached to him. Trust me. He is an awful man. He killed my mother in front of me.”

“Ok.” Kibum gave up “But if you are lying, I'm going to be the one killing you, young lady.”

Mina nodded slowly and Kibum sighed.

“Why did you even entered this damn mansion? This is like a fortress.”

She smiled blushing softly “Taemin. He told me what I had to do, how he used to enter the mansion as a shadow sometimes.”

Kibum chuckled “Well better tell us then, we need to reinforce our security.”

“Make it anti Taemin.” Jinki added “Which is kinda impossible.”

“True.” Sooman agreed. “So…it's decided? Jinki and Mina will enter the house and Kibum will be their backup.” Sooman stood up and the others did the same “Shall we do it tonight or…?”

“Tomorrow.” Mina said firmly “My father sends many of his thugs to collect money around the neighborhood during the morning. Nights are worse. He is home taking care of business deals. Sometimes he even organizes gambling sessions at his place.”

“Ok then, tomorrow morning.”

Director Oh sent Jinki one last long look and stood up also. He watched her wondering what that was all about and then stepped outside the room followed by Kibum that grabbed him before he had time to walk away.

“Are you sure about this? There is something in this story that doesn't make sense Jinki. She is hiding something from us.”

“I know.” Jinki was the one who had more training. SM was his family and ever since he was little he was used to be around secret agents and he learned many things from them. One of those things was to recognize when someone lied. There were small gestures that could betray you. Mina didn't seem to be lying, however some people are just too used to lying that you can't tell that they are. In cases like that you need to trust your instincts and his told him that there was more to her story. She did seem too certain of what she was saying, like a person that memorized a script. “However there is no other way. It might be a trap but right now she is the only person we can trust.”

“We are playing with fire, this sounds too much like a jump in the dark, a suicide mission. I don't feel good about this.”

Jinki sighed. “Before I worry with that jump in the dark I have something very difficult to do.” Jinki his lips “I need to tell Areum about this mission.”

“Aigo...good luck!” Kibum patted Jinki’s arm.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

- Previous day  -

 

Mina left the basement and climbed the old stairs slowly.

Her legs were trembling and her hands were cold. She repeated to herself what Taemin told her that she had to do to enter the property that belonged to his adoptive father. She memorized his brother’s name also.

He seemed so tired catching his breath in the middle of each sentence he said. Mina wanted to hug him so badly or make a joke about some song that fitted that moment but it was no time for songs or jokes. She was under a lot of stress much because of the pressure her father was inflicting on her, and also because in a way she was betraying Taemin.

However she was doing that for him and her brother. She was going to save them, she had to.

“Did he tell you?” Her father asked as soon as she entered the ground floor of the house.

“Yes.”

“You know what you have to do right?”

“I practiced. I know.” She wanted to lean against the wall, hide her trembling weak self from that man but she needed to act strong.

“They must trust you. You need to bring one of them to me.”

“Which one?”

“Memorize this three names: Lee Sooman, Lee Jinki and Kim Kibum. Bring me one and you, that kid and Ace can leave.”

She only knew Lee Jinki’s name. She had no idea who the others were.

“You won't bother us anymore? Do you promise?” She bit her lower lip and waited for The King to speak.

He smiled slowly and grabbed her by one arm pulling her closer to him.

Ever since she was a little girl, ever since the day he killed her mother she was never that close to him to the point she could smell the alcohol and smoke on his breath which disgusted her as much as the way his hands were touching her.

“I never break my promises.”

“I know.”

“I only need one.”

“They might be hard to convince though.”

“Bring the most desperate one, his brother.”

“W-what are you going to do with him?”

“You don't need to know that.” He released her slowly “I promise to comply to what you want that’s enough.”

“I’ll do it then.” was so dry that she had a hard time swallowing.

“Good girl.”

Mina stepped back ready to leave when he spoke again. “I'm happy that in the end you decided to help me, that you decided to be my ally, you truly have my blood running in your veins”

She didn't answer and instead ordered her legs to climb up her stairs so she could get ready for her mission. She had to enter the Lee’s property, find Taemin’s brother and convince him to get back there with her to save Taemin.

Mina closed the door of her bedroom and waited in silence catching her breath now that she was alone and could stop pretending that she was the scared daughter that was willing to become a criminal to help her father.

Mina truly had his blood but she only had one ally and that person was Lee Taemin.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

- Present Time  -

 

“What about Kwang Jo?” Audrey suggested turning a page of the magazine and dying with the cute baby clothes on the pictures.

“Hum. I like Yo-han and Nam-sun . And Seulgi if it’s a girl.” Areum said laying beside Audrey in the bed. “Jinki doesn't mind which name the baby has. He said I can choose. He only wants it to be his.”

Audrey chuckled “Well that is not a problem since you are absolutely in love with him.”

They were inside Areum’s and Jinki’s bedroom discussing baby names for a while now.

“You are really invested in this.” Audrey added glancing at her friend that was laying with her tummy up smiling happily.

“I am. I can’t think about anything else besides babies and .” Audrey laughed again “I truly want to get pregnant. I don't think I ever wanted a baby so much like I do now. Jinki will be so happy when I get pregnant and I truly want to tell him that I am…”

Audrey giggled and tucked her hair behind her ear lying with her tummy down reading the magazine.

“Don't you want to have a baby with Kibum too?”

“What?” She blushed deeply and Areum giggled. “We aren't even married.”

“But you can marry.” Areum sat on the bed “Don't you want to marry him?”

“We just started dating, I don't think he wants that. I'm not even sure if he wants to marry.” Audrey pulled her knees against her chest “He had a troubled relationship before me. He almost adopted that girl’s baby.”

“Yeah you told me.”

That was the best thing of having a best friend. You don't truly need to tell them the same thing twice, they always knew what information they needed to memorize, what was truly important to you.

“I think that until we find this baby he won't want to have his own.”

Areum hummed in thought and poked Audrey’s bare foot. “Then you must find him and if you do he will adopt him right?”

“Probably. We didn't talk much about it but knowing Kibum I'm sure he will.”

Areum crossed her legs under her “And you can help him raise that baby.”

“I think I could.” Audrey looked so cute when she blushed that Areum pinched one of her cheeks.

“In the meanwhile you are going to be an aunt.”

“I am!” Audrey giggled grabbing the magazine. “Everything you once said that would happen to us is happening. You wrote a book, you met a rich man that loves you and you are married and will have a baby and I…”

“You invented something that can change the world.”

“Yes…” Audrey’s smile faded “I did.”

Areum didn't know what to say and the mood was awkward now. “Well at the time you had no idea that it was going to be used for evil.”

“I didn't. It's true.” Audrey sighed and then wrapped her arms around Areum hugging her tightly. Areum patted her back gently.

“I'm so glad we are together again.”

“Forever!” Areum said brightly and Audrey pulled away from the embrace.

“Oh, do you still have the necklace I gave you?”

“Which one?”

“The last time before I disappeared I gave you a necklace, an old one.”

“I do, I still have it. I think it is in my jewellery box. Jinki brought it from my place with some of my documents and clothes why?”

“Use it. It’s special. It has a special meaning to me.”

“Ok. I will. I’ll search for it.” Areum was going to stand up to search when the door of the bedroom was opened and Jinki entered the room. He seemed troubled about something and barely noticed that Audrey was beside his wife until he stepped into the middle of the bedroom.

“Oh Audrey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt, I though Areum was alone.”

“It's ok” Audrey stood up smiling mischievously. It was clear that Jinki wanted to be alone with Areum “You probably want to be alone and I have things to do too.”

She blinked an eye at Areum and then left the bedroom. As soon as the door was closed Areum stood up and ran to her husband wrapping her arms around him, planting a wet kiss on his lips. Jinki kissed her back briefly and then pulled her away softly which made her frown.

“No .” He said which wasn't a good sign “We need to talk.”

“O-ok.” She collected the magazines and then sat on the bed and he sat beside her nervously not looking at her as if he was trying to find the right words to say to her. How could he tell her that he was going on a crazy mission like that?! He couldn't lie to her, not anymore.

“Are you breaking up with me?”

“What? No! Why do you think that?”

“When men say they need to talk it usually ends up in that and I know how you sometimes think I'm in danger if I am with you and you question if us being together is the right thing…”

Funny how she always came to that conclusion when he said he needed to tell her something important. It was the same thing when he asked her to marry him.

“It's not that.” He sighed.

“Then another secret?” She asked with a low voice almost afraid and he turned to her “No. No more secrets. It’s something else.”

“Tell me then.”

He caressed her cheek, brushing her hair away from her face and let his hands move down to her shoulders and then to her hands that he grabbed.

“We had a meeting with Mina.” She frowned slightly probably having a notion of what he was going to say after. “My brother is a prisoner at her father’s lair. He is being constantly beaten and abused and it's imperative that we take him out from there.”

“Of course.”

“That's why tomorrow I'm going with Mina to rescue him from the house.” Areum tried to pull her hands away from his but he grabbed her more firmly “Kibum will be our runway driver and we have a plan so I’ll enter the house and they won't even notice that I’m there. It's going to be fine.”

“Oh no, no, no.” She pulled her hands away from his at last and stood up from the bed covering her ears like a little girl making Jinki stare at her bare feet while she walked around. It was painful for him to see the worry in her eyes.

“You can't do this, you almost died recently you didn't have time to heal yet and with your memories coming back and the way your body reacts to it…”

“I had more time to heal than I normally have and there is no one that can do this.”

“Another agent can!” She said her voice becoming higher “Ask someone else. You're not going!”

“Areum!” He stood up from the bed while she walked around the bedroom fuming, moving her hands on her black tank top extremely angry with the whole situation.

“You are just not going! Tell them that!”

“It’s Taemin Areum...I can't trust this to other agents less skilled, I can't…” She kept mumbling and he took a deep breath trying to speak above her “It's my brother Areum.”

“You just can't go!” She bit her lower lip trying to fight back tears and Jinki pushed the sleeves of his shirt upwards in a gesture to calm himself down, before he grabbed her and pulled her closer to him so that he could speak to her. He cupped her face and made her look at him.

“Listen to me Areum, Taemin needs my help. If it was a different situation and I was the one needing help he would give his life for me.”

“No.” She shut her eyes in pain and a tear fall down her cheek. “You can't die.”

Jinki groaned frustrated because he was saying the wrong things to calm her down. “Areum I have to do this. This is my job, what I've learned to do, trust me more.”

“I don't want to lose you. I might be pregnant.” She said grabbing his hand on her cheek and pulling it to his tummy in a last attempt to make him stay. He stepped back and shook his head.

“You said so last time and you weren't.”

“Are you blaming me now? It wasn't my fault it was…” She bit her lower lip realizing that she almost told him about what Director Oh did to her and she wasn't supposed to because Kibum asked her not to.

“What? No, no ones is blaming you.” Jinki didn't seem to notice, much for her relief. “I'm just asking you to not use a possible pregnancy to tie me down. Areum if it was any other mission I would stay, I would give it a second thought but it's my brother. You can understand that right? I would do the same for you and I'm sure you would do it for me or Audrey also, wouldn't you?”

She wrapped her arms around his chest and hid her crying face against him. She knew he was right but she was too scared to lose him. Jinki hugged her tighter while she cried.

“I'm sorry I’m doing this to you.”

She hit his back and a muffled cry came out from “I'm going to die with worry. What makes you think you will enter a house when Ace failed to enter?”

She sniffed raising her wet eyes to him and Jinki cleaned the tears on cheek. Even crying she looked so beautiful that he wanted to kiss her. “Taemin failed because the woman he loved was inside the house. He had too much to lose. It's exactly like me when you were kidnapped.”

He didn't say it but he could see Areum’s brain working and how she made the connection, and worse, realized that his words, even though they were true, they were also a lie. Areum might not be inside that house but Taemin was, and losing him wasn't an option either.

She hiccuped knowing that that battle was completely lost and tried to respect his decision.

“You can't die, If you die I don't know what I'll do…”

He cupped her face and squished her cheeks “Don't say nonsense. I'm not going to leave you ever. You know that right? You are stuck with me forever!”

She didn't seem to believe him still frowning cutely and yet breaking his heart.

“I promise.” He scanned her eyes “Nothing will prevent me from coming back to you. We still have a mission to finish don't we?” She chuckled involuntary and he kissed her salty lips.

“This is who I am. The person you fell in love with even though you didn't know.” he kissed her again “A y secret agent…”

“Aigo…” She complained and yet wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him slowly. Jinki grabbed her by her waist and pulled her to bed. He sat over it and she kneeled over it, straddling him, sitting on his lap, facing him, kissing him.

“My hero?” She asked brushing his hair away from his forehead.

“Your hero.”

She pinched his cheek making him flinch and then cleaned her cheeks with the back of her hand. “If you get hurt I'm going to be very very upset.”

“I won't. I promise!”

“Very well.” She ran her hands down his hair to the back of his neck and then pulled him against her lips kissing him more passionately, his lower lip.

“Lets make a baby tonight.” he whispered agaisnt her lips making her lock eyes with him, the mood in the room changing.

“No. Let's make one when you come back.”

He smiled knowing exactly what she was trying to do, giving him one more reason to work his way out from that mission alive. As if he needed more motivation. “Does that mean I don't get any tonight?” he puckered his lips making her eyes move to them and then pushed her slightly away from him so that he could look at his pants “I'm getting frustrated here, you are sitting on my lap for a while, rubbing yourself on me while you kiss me. Looking so beautiful…” he caressed her neck and down to her s “Besides you still have a crying face and you know how heroes are weak when it comes to damsels in distress.”

“No babies doesn’t mean no .” She pulled at his shirt and helped him take it off. “A hero needs a proper demonstration of what he will get as a reward if he comes back with no scratch.”

“Oh really?”

She moved her hands down his chest taking her time and he watched her actions swallowing hard, getting aroused with her examination.

“Don't try to trick me, I know every inch of you so I’ll know if you get hurt.”

“I won’t…” His low husky voice and the way his eyes were on her lips made her wet. With a swift movement he grabbed her in his arms and made her lay down by his side in the bed. Jinki climbed on top of her sweeping her hair away from her face and shoulders and then pulled her tank top slowly over her skin, deliberately slowly so that she could feel the fabric move on her skin. She wasn't wearing any bra and Jinki hummed appreciatively before kissing one of her erect s. She yanked the top off while he kissed her and then tilted her head on the bed so that she could watch him doing it.

Jinki moved over her body, rubbing his lower body on hers, against her thin shorts and she moved to his pants. He didn't stop her when she ped his pants and caressed him over his underwear, or tried to since it was hard when he was always pulling her arms away from her s so that he could kiss her soft skin and her s.

“Jinki…” She moaned when he one of her s, his fingers sneaking under her shorts and caressing her where she needed him.

“You're so wet Areum..” His words only made her submit more and more to their lovemaking.

“Jinki…” She called his name again but he was busy taking off his pants and pulling his underwear down his legs sitting by her side on the bed.

“Yes?” He turned as soon as he was free swiftly taking off the remaining of her clothes and spreading her legs.

“Tomorrow…” he didn't let her finish, placing a hand beside her head and leaning forward kissing her deeply, humming against her lips while his tongue tasted the inside of . She gasped for air when his lips moved away from hers, his tongue wetting the skin of her neck. “...before you go…” She tried again but he nibbled at the skin of her chest not giving her the chance to think coherently. He clearly didn't want to talk, he only wanted to make love with her.

“Tomorrow before you go…” He kissed her again and then pressed his body against hers, rubbing his on her wet entrance as if it needed any lubrication when she was already so humid with arousement. “Jinki please...listen to me.”

He raised his passionate eyes filled with desire to hers, and placed both his hands beside her head while he moved over her ready to penetrate her.

“Will you wake me up before you go? So we can say goodbye?” He blinked his eyes but didn't answer to her. Instead he filled her with his length making her whimper in pleasure, and started moving in and out of her in a steady pace even though it was slow.

She groaned knowing why he didn't answer. He didn't intend to wake her up, he was going to use the fact that she was a heavy sleeper to go without her noticing, because he didn't want to say goodbye to her. She could understand but it made her uneasy.

“Please...tomorrow.” She managed to say grasping one of his arms while he moved, his rhythm increasing, tears coming out from her eyes, this time of pleasure.

“I love you.” he said grasping the sheets under them while he ed, making the ache inside her become unbearable to the point that she closed her eyes tight waiting for release.

She couldn't get it! How could he ever say goodbye to her? He didn't manage after their first time together, stubbornly keeping an eye on her, and he didn't when she left the mansion upset with him. A goodbye was not an option. He prefered to leave after giving her a sweet kiss while she slept than to see her worried expression seeing him go. He would do anything to avoid it.

Areum came soon after his confession, spreading her legs on each side of him, the grip of her hand on his arm lessening until she let her hand fall beside her, waves of pleasure slowly decreasing.

He watched her riding her and once she took a deep breath and opened her eyes looking at him satisfied he also came. She raised her head to kiss him and since he barely answered to the kisses too focused on his pleasure she kissed his face all over and down to his sweaty neck. He moved a few times, enjoying the rush of adrenaline and the sweet release before he laid by her side, half his body over hers.

Areum snuggled closer to him and even though he was sweating and felt too hot he wrapped an arm around her and helped her take the hair away from her face so he could kiss her.

This kiss was less desperate and more sweet but even though he tried to end it she hugged him tightly and kept kissing him. She didn’t want to fall asleep but both knew it would happen eventually.

Jinki didn't push her away and instead gave in to her demanding need for love.

He owed her that since once again she was going to wait for him in fear of losing him forever.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Kibum looked at himself in the mirror one last time and frowned slightly because he had a small red spot on his chin. It was a pimple for sure.

His eyes moved from that small imperfection that no one barely noticed - yet the perfectionist in him did - to the reflection of someone behind him.

His expression softened and Audrey forced a smile moving her arms under the sleeves of his shirt, the only piece of clothing she was wearing.

He turned around and looked at her appreciatively.

“You look absolutely ravishing in my shirts.”

“Well.” She spread her arms looking like a cute scarecrow and Kibum laughed brushing his fingers through her hair when he left the bathroom. He wanted to touch her but didn’t dare to since he couldn't be late.

Audrey followed after Kibum barefooted and watched him while he put his boots on and tied them. He looked so professional, a true secret agent out of the movies and she observed him without saying anything. It wasn't the first time she saw him dressed all in black, or she saw him grab his gun or hide a weapon in his boots. Audrey saw him train before and fight also and yet she never once perceived him only as Key. He was always Kim Kibum since the start for her.

“I’m ready.” He announced standing up “You should get back to sleep, it's still very early.”

“You won’t enter that house, right?”

“No, only Jinki and Taemin's girl.”

“Do you trust her?”

The previous night he told her about their plan to save Taemin, of course he didn't reveal details - he wasn't supposed to - but he gave her a overview of what was going to happen and even though Audrey didn't comment she could read in his words that he didn't trust Mina.

“That obvious?”

“I'm worried Kibum. I mean Jinki is going to enter that house alone with her and…”

“I know. I might have to save the day.” He chuckled but Audrey didn't find it funny at all.

“Don't worry.” He caressed her arm “Jinki knows how to take care of himself and I do too.”

“You still have difficulties moving properly and Jinki isn’t completely healed yet and we all know how this mission is personal to him.”

“But I’m amazing and I’m sure Jinki will be able to separate things!” He winked at her and then kissed her lips softly “Whatever that woman is hiding from us we will find out today and I’m ready for it. Don't worry.”

Audrey frowned not being able to hide her worry and he waved at her from the door before he left running down the stairs swiftly with a spring on his step.

Kibum wasn't nervous not at all. He was delighted to be out on a mission again. He was indeed a workaholic.

Jinki was already at the end of the stairs talking with Lee Sooman. He looked like his usual self but Kibum knew Jinki well enough to know he was nervous.

As soon as Kibum stepped next to them Sooman called Kibum to talk with him privately and Jinki watched them walk away from him to find a more secluded space.

He was sure that his adoptive father was giving Kibum instructions to call the headquarters in case something went wrong and probably talking about Mina that was by the door already her eyes on the sky.

Jinki was going to approach her and strike a conversation with her when Director Oh appeared in front of him. He was a little taken aback and blinked his eyes confused since her attitude seemed different from her usual one.

“I-I came to say goodbye.”

Jinki tilted his head confused. Was Director Oh stuttering?

And she was acting as if she was something to him when lately the only thing she did was ruining his team’s future.

“Goodbye then.”

He tried to pass by her but she grabbed his arm.

“I-I…” He never saw her stutter like that and that was definitely weird. “I want you to know that I never hated you. I truly always cared for you.”

“I don't understand this right now.” Was he still dreaming? No he was absolutely sure he was up, that he bid a silent goodbye to his sleeping wife and was for half an hour now revising their plan to enter the house and preparing himself.

There was a time that that reaction from Director Oh would have made sense, but it was years ago, before she started treating Jinki as if he was only a soldier.

“I know that lately I haven't been the best ally, that at some moments I might have done things that hurt you but I want you to know that I never wanted to harm you.”

“Are you confessing right now?” Jinki glanced at Kibum that was still at his small “meeting” with Sooman oblivious to that conversation “Are you the mole?”

“No. Of course I’m not.” She grasped his arm and her hand moved down his sleeve to his hand grabbing it.

Jinki stared at that gesture and then at her face. She was doing other kind of confession.

“When Sooman saved me I thought that I had met an angel. However when he introduced me to you I...The way you smiled at me and accepted me in this house not as a servant or a daughter but a friend, an equal, so gently I…”

Jinki pulled his hand away from hers and swallowed hard, but that weird feeling inside him wasn't disappearing. He was confessed to before, even after he started a relationship with Areum but that, that was different. Yes he accepted that woman in his house as his father’s secretary, he was even friendly with her at first but there was always something in her eyes when she looked at him, something that made him keep his distance and now he had a good reason to, not to mention that she was probably a freaking traitor.

“I am married.”

“Don't go.” Director Oh said urgently “Stay with me.”

“What?” he frowned scorning at her words “Even if I stay I wouldn't do it because you asked. Anyone inside this house could have asked me, someone I love very much did yesterday and I said no. What makes you think I would do it for you?”

She didn't seem surprised with him turning her down but she did seem very disturbed, as if she was trying to avoid something from happening.

He walked away from her and in the direction of Mina, rubbing the place on his skin where Director Oh held his hand. He stopped a few steps away from Mina and turned around.

Why was that woman confessing at that moment, asking him so urgently to stay as if she knew something. He was going to ask Director Oh and demand some answers but she had left already.

Jinki swallowed hard but that knot inside his chest wasn't disappearing. He had a really bad feeling about that day.

“What's wrong?” Mina asked but Jinki didn't answer still touching his hand.

“I hope nothing.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

 

There are moments in life when you wonder if you are truly living them. Either because it’s such a cruel reality or something that you only saw happen to others and never to you, or because it's something so wonderful that you can't believe that it's truly happening.

Ayeong felt that during several times of her life. When she was sold, then she was , she had a hard time believing that that was real and not an awful nightmare that she would wake up from soon; and now, living with Minho temporarily in Jinki’s apartment and going out for a walk with him innocently like a normal couple dating, holding hands, she felt as if she was truly living a dream.

Even though they were sharing the same roof and sleeping in the same bed he didn't touch her yet. They decided to take their time and date as if they truly just met.

Ayeong was never as happy as she was now. They walked beside the Han river - something she never did with anyone - talking about silly things and eating ice cream, his hand firmly holding hers.

Minho was still using a crutch, not completely healed but his cheeks were a little more chubby and he seemed healthier than he was before and very soon he would be able to get back to training.

“Tomorrow we should do a picnic.” He suggested noticing a couple that was doing exactly that a few meters away from them, under a tree.

“We can do that.” She leaned against him careful not to put too much pressure on him since he was walking very slowly and uneasy. “We should sit for you to rest a little also.”

He didn't disagree with her so she helped him to walk to the closest bench and they sat there admiring the river in front of them.

“I think we could have a romantic dinner tonight also.” She suggested tentatively watching his reaction.

Minho looked at her trying to read behind her words.

“And you know…”

“I thought we agreed to wait.”

She bit her lower lip eyeing her hands over her lap. She was afraid that he might think she is being too lascivious but the truth was that sleeping beside him was wonderful, it was loving how he held her and kissed her without any sign of wanting more, however she wanted it. And there was always that voice inside her saying that he didn't touch her because he was disgusted now that he knew that she was used by others.

Ayeong was no even if they pretended that she was, and she had with him before after all. She knew how it felt to be loved by him and she missed it, she needed to know he still loved her like before.

“Do you think I am...impure?”

“No, not at all.” He sneaked an arm around her shoulder and caressed her back. “I would lie if I said I don't want it too.”

Minho brushed that off as if it was nothing as if she wasn’t and Ayeong had a mix of feelings about that. He was sweet trying to forget about it but she didn't want him to ignore it either.

She chuckled and he kissed her forehead “I was just trying to do the right thing and give you time.”

“I’m ok. I don't need more time.”

He grinned and then grabbed her hand in his “Very well, let's have our romantic dinner tonight.”

Minho rested his back against the bench and she leaned her head against his shoulder closing her eyes.

There were no screams, no fear of being hurt, no missions, no pain, only his warm body against her and his fingers caressing hers. She smiled and then felt his lips touch her briefly giving her a sweet kiss.

Ayeong lifted her head and glanced at him touching her lips. Minho’s eyes were on the river and he sighed, his thoughts somewhere else even though he just pecked her lips.

“You are worried.”

“Yes.” Minho was a man of action. He had so much energy that staying away from the team, from the ones he wanted to protect was making him feel uneasy and anxious.

“It has to do with Kibum's phonecall yesterday.”

The previous night Kibum called him and Minho gave her a brief summary of the topic of the call.

“It’s a mission I’m out of and I shouldn't. It’s Taemin’s life that is on the line.”

She caressed his hand and leaned her head against his shoulder watching him.

“I don't have a good feeling about this, Ayeong.”

“You are out of the team and hurt but I’m healthy and well I don't answer to no one.”

He furrowed his brows and looked at her “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Maybe I can help. I’m also an agent, even if I was once with the enemy.”

“No.” He said immediately and she pulled away from him turning on the bench to face him. “No I don't want you to do this kind of thing anymore. You are no longer Nana, you are Aeyong.”

“Well aren’t you Minho the agent and Minho the man at the same time? I can be that too.”

“No. It’s out of question. We started over.”

He was starting to get upset, stumbling on his words, his eyes widening and even though she was arguing with him, her chest was aching with love for him.

“When The Union ended I swore I would hunt down one and each of their members and kill them. I meant it.”

He started puffing as if he didn't believe what he was hearing. “No way. I’ll kill them. I'll do it for you. I don't want you to kill anyone anymore. I'll do it.” She frowned looking at him sideways but he kept talking “I want you to forget that life and all those men. I'll do it.”

“Minho I can't possibly forget that!”

“You can!” He insisted grabbing her by her shoulders and turning her to him. She blinked her eyes with the sun that was behind him and had to raise a hand to cover them. Minho noticed her struggle and stood up blocking the sun from her vision, protecting her as if he was a wall between her and the pain and her expression softened.

He was only doing his best to let her start over.

“Nana died with The Union. From now on no more killings, no more with anyone besides me. Do you understand?”

“Of course I'm not having with anyone else…” She pursed her lips and inhaled deeply trying to calm down.

Minho was still staring at her and she knew he wasn't going to yield on that.

“No more killing or missions! However Nana is still a part of me and if I can help in anything I want to.” Nana was the one that saved her after she was sold, that new identity made her feel as if nothing of what was happening was real.

Minho groaned and she smiled sweetly at him before speaking with a cute voice. “Oppa understands right?”

Minho’s shocked expression made her laugh and she laid over the bench laughing.

“Did you just try doing aegyo on me?”

“Did it work?” She asked smiling brightly at him to the point that his heart skipped a beat “I always wanted to try it out once.”

“You never did it before?”

“I never dated before and I’m not the aegyo type!”

He his lips and looked away and she knew he was trying to control his feelings. When Minho looked at her again he pulled her up and closer to him.

“I liked it. Oppa...sounds nice.”

He cupped her face and Ayeong placed her hands on his chest grabbing him as if she was afraid he would lose his balance because his legs weren't still completely healed.

“Let's go back to the mansion today and see if we can help.”

He nodded before kissing her.

Ayeong wrapped her arms around him and smiled against his lips feeling the warm Sun bathing them.

It was good to be normal for once, to be able to love him with no lies.

It truly felt like a dream.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“He doesn't look good.” one of the thugs that threw Taemin inside the cage said.

“What do you expect?” A rougher voice spoke “He was beaten to a pulp today and The King told us not to give him any food and water yesterday. I wonder what is he planning.”

“It's better if we don't wonder. You know what happens to the ones that think too much!”

Taemin heard their steps and soon the door of the basement was closed.

Even though he was alone Taemin didn't dare to move, his cheek against the cold floor of the cage. He was having a hard time breathing, it was as if air did not entirely enter his lungs even if he had his mouth open. His nose was too swollen for him to breathe through it and he suspected that it was broken.

Opening his eyes also hurt and he probably had some broken ribs too.

The s that took him back to his cage weren't lying. That night was much worse than the previous ones.

The King sat on a chair in front of what he called his training ring. Usually Taemin was put up to fight against one men at the time but that night The King ordered more to fight him at the same time.

It was only a few minutes and yet the lack of food and water, the hot weather and his several wounds that he acquired the last days and his exhaustion made it so that he could barely defend himself for ten minutes before he fell on the ground to be kicked by others.

The King watched the abuse for a while before he decided that it was enough and Taemin was carried back.

Usually someone would come to treat his wounds and give him food but for whatever reason - he suspected that it was to make him weak in case Mina came back that night - no one came so Taemin used all of his strength to turn around so that his tummy would be upwards. He opened his mouth wide breathing fast, trying to fill his lungs with air and opened his eyes. The basement was in darkness but there was a window with bars from where the light outside entered.

He tried to keep his eyes on it and focus so he wouldn't fall asleep.

He was afraid if he did he might not wake up anymore and he promised Mina he would wait for her to come back with help.

He really didn't want it at first, to place his team, his friends in danger but Mina was very convincing.

How can you ask us, that love you, to let you die like this? Do you think I'll ever forgive myself? Do you think your brother won't cry your death?

Her teary eyes and thinking about Jinki losing someone he loved again made him reconsider.

Maybe he could live for others, maybe he could learn to love life again and have another goal besides revenge. Maybe he could even dare to dream of a life with Mina?

He tried to swallow but his throat was too dry so he coughed instead, crying with the pain and turning slightly on the floor. Taemin felt something humid coming out from his mouth and the taste of blood that he was so familiar with made him choke. He grasped for air, resting his head against the floor, a small puddle of blood beside him.

Slowly he managed to gather some strength and laid down again on his back watching the light.

He needed to be conscious, he needed to survive.

There were people he wanted to see, people he wanted to hug and smile with.

He moved his fingers on the cold floor and smiled imagining what he would do once he was set free of that cage, once the pain in his chest disappeared and he could move again.

He would take Mina out from there. He would give her a home, pay for her brother’s treatments. He would graduate and start working - a normal job he could balance with his secret life. Him and Mina could go out on dates and she would meet his brother. They would have dinners together with the whole team and once Jinki had a kid of their own he would be an uncle.

That seemed like a good dream and slowly Taemin lost his fight falling unconscious.

He woke up with a faint sound and opened his eyes slowly, his vision slowly focusing on the ceiling of his cage. He was still alive and it was morning already.

The sound of faint steps made him close and open his eyes slowly. At first he thought it was Mina that often escaped to visit him but she was out and the person that was approaching him moved way too silent to be her.

Taemin’s lips moved slightly and he would have smiled if his face didn't hurt. Instead he groaned and turned to his side and it was with relief that he saw Jinki looking at him.

Jinki didn't seem as happy to see him as much as Taemin probably because he looked awful.

“Mina…?” Taemin asked realizing that Jinki was alone.

Jinki raised a finger to his lips and then mouthed a she is ok before he placed a key in the lock of the cage.

Taemin wasn't sure how he got a key but he didn't ask anyway. Instead he tried to gather all his strength to sit up so that he could came out as soon as Jinki opened it.

The cage shook when Jinki opened it and he wrapped his arms around the young man helping him out. Taemin almost fell to the ground when his feet touched it and Jinki grabbed him with worry in his eyes.

“You came fast.” Taemin whispered hugging his brother and Jinki helped him walk to the door.

“You have a good girlfriend.” Taemin didn't answer and they advanced slowly, too slowly, in Jinki’s opinion. He had no idea Taemin would be so weak and that wasn't good if they wanted to keep their initial plan of escaping the house.

Jinki opened the door of the basement and slowly helped Taemin one step at the time. It was a difficult task because every time Taemin moved, his ribs hurt to the point he had tears in his eyes once they reached the top.

Jinki placed his hand on the door that lead to the house and praid that no one was on the other side. He knocked out two of the guards taking the key from them and Mina was supposed to keep watch at the end of the corridor.

They entered the house by climbing through the window of her bedroom but to walk out of it they needed to use the back door instead because Taemin was too injured to leave through the first floor.

Entering the house showed to be too easy for Jinki’s taste and he knew that leaving would be way worse.

Jinki took a deep breath, grabbed Taemin with one arm and his gun with the other and then pushed it with his shoulder.

The door did a faint squeaking sound that made both men flinch and then opened. Two men were on the floor unconscious and Taemin grasped the back of Jinki’s sweater knowing that that was his work.

“You are not the only Ace.” Jinki mumbled pulling Taemin inside the house. “I'm doing this a lot lately.”

It wasn't long since he carried Minho liked that. Taemin didn't even ask, they had time later.

He was exhausted and Jinki pushed him against the wall so that he could rest. He barely had time for it though because he detected movement on his right, the sound of something on wheels. He turned with the gun pointed at the sudden visitor but lowered it when it was only Mina holding a wheelchair.

She passed by Jinki and instead touched Taemin’s face worried.

“What did he do to you?” She turned to Jinki whispering “He wasn't like this when I left. He promised he…” She bit her lower lip as if she wasn't supposed to say more and instead kissed Taemin's lips. He pushed her away catching his breath.

“How are we…going to leave?” Taemin asked almost out of air and Mina stepped away from him raising her eyes to Jinki.

“I’ll create a distraction like we talked about and you know your way out of the house right?”

The previous night she drew a map of the house that Jinki memorized. “Yes.”

“This is my brother’s chair. It will help carry him outside.”

“Are you sure no one will sees us?” It made no sense for Jinki how the house was so unprotected.

“No one will. I told you, at this time almost no one is here. They are out working for my father. Only the basement and my father are protected.” She paused looking at the body of the two men at her feet. “Those two are the only ones patrolling the house. My father believes that he is indestructible.”

Taemin blinked his eyes confused with Mina’s words. He surveilled that house for days and he knew that The King wasn't that reckless.” He frowned staring at her, remembering the words of The King the day before. She wouldn't betray him! She wouldn't, right?

She seemed to notice his gaze on her and avoided looking at him. “I'm going now. Run as fast as you can while I distract my dad. I'll meet you outside as soon as I can.”

Before she had time to leave, Taemin grabbed her hand.

“Mina you wouldn't hurt me right?”

She knew what he meant. He didn't mean physically.

Some wounds were way worse than the physical ones. They talked about that, about scars that sting inside you, that are not visible to the eye. If she betrayed him and eventually that lead to Taemin losing Jinki he would never forgive her.

“Never.” He scanned her eyes trying to see if she was lying to him and she kept her gaze on him even though seeing his hurt bloody face made her want to cry. Taemin released her seeming satisfied.

“Be careful!” she wasn't sure if he meant for her to take care of herself or to not betray him. She was sure that he would seek revenge if she did.

“Now go, quick!” She said before walking away.

Jinki helped Taemin to sit on the wheelchair and pushed him down the hallway in search of the way out of that house.


 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Areum stared at the food in front of her with no will to eat anything, feeling sick to her stomach since morning when she woke up alone in bed. In front of her Audrey was chewing slowly but not showing much appetite either. Sooman was the only one trying hard to pretend that that was a normal breakfast like the ones they had every day. Or maybe he was only eating so that he didn't need to strike a conversation with the two women at his table.

In all the years after his wife died and he adopted Jinki he never had such an empty table for a meal. And even though he was usually a silent man at meals, more used to serve as mediate on the conversations than actually start them, he hated that silence.

Areum grabbed her glass of water and drank a little trying to control her will to puke. She grabbed her napkin and covered with it making Audrey stopping chewing, her eyes on Areum. Sooman seemed to notice the same thing and Areum cleaned her lips and placed the napkin slowly back on the table.

“Are you feeling sick?” Sooman asked and Areum that was trying her best not to add another worry to that table had to say the truth.

“I feel a little nauseated that’s all. It's probably nerves.” She did cry the previous night and had a hard time falling asleep. There was always a constant bad feeling at the pit of her stomach and she felt always on the edge waiting with fear for bad news.

“Can it be…?” Audrey never finished because bad news did come in the form of Director Oh that stepped into the living room her face pale a laptop in her arms.

The girls looked at her and Sooman followed their gaze turning on his chair. “Did something happen?”

Areum stood up immediately the dishes over the table tingling “Jinki?”

“No…” She approached Sooman “No news coming from Onew and Key.” She pursed her lips nervously and then her eyes moved to Sooman “It's something else. Something on the news.”

She placed the laptop over the table and turned it so that all could see the video on it.

It was a piece of news about a shooting at an award ceremony on Jeju Island.

Areum sat back on her chair and Sooman covered his eyes, his face becoming as white as the walls.

“Are you feeling alright?” Director Oh asked just before Sooman pushed his chair and stumbled to get up.

“I need to call for help…my daughter…my Bora…” Sooman didn't move further away because he almost fainted and Director Oh grabbed him helping him sit back on his chair.

Audrey looked transfixed at the laptop.

That was the award ceremony where Jonghyun was.

There were several hostages inside the theater, guarded by three armed men and several injured. There was still no news of people dying but they had no idea if Jonghyun and Mi Jung belonged to the injured or the ones being kept as hostages. Either way they werent between the ones that escaped or they would know already.

“What are we going to do?” Areum asked. There was no one to ask for help anymore.

“I'm going to take some agents and fly there.” Sooman said running a hand through his hair his eyes wet. “My other teams are busy but I have the trainees.”

“There is someone we can ask for help though.” Yes he wasn’t at his best form but it was still someone that had more experience than many of the trainee agents SM had available at the moment. “We can call Minho to help.” Audrey suggested.

“He is no longer part of the team.” Director Oh said weakly as if she was also considering calling him.

“What does it matter? This is not about SHINee, this is about our family.” Areum stood up and then crouched in front of Sooman placing her hand over his that was cold as ice even though his temple was sweaty. “Can I do it? Do I have your permission?”

Her father in law looked at her and Areum swallowed hard waiting for his decision. Whatever he decided was probably the right thing to do.

“I'm going to fly for Jeju island now, while I’m away you are the one in charge.”

“ME?” Areum widened her eyes surprised and Director Oh scoffed with indignation.

“But I'm the one who often makes decision when you aren't home.”

Sooman stared at her “Areum and Audrey are my family now and Areum is married to my son. She is the one in charge in my absence. She decides.”

Areum glanced at Audrey unsure but her friend’s confident gaze was enough for her to accept the role.

“Very well.” Areum stood up her eyes on Director Oh as if she was challenging her to say something.

No one spoke so Areum pursed her lips knowing what she had to do. “I'm going to call Minho.”

As soon as Areum left, Audrey stood up to help Sooman in anything he needed. No way she would leave him debilitated like that alone with Director Oh, besides they were all a team.

 

Present Day

Jinki pushed Taemin slowly down the small hallway until they reached the main part of the house. Everything was very silent and Jinki hesitated. Taemin pointed at the right direction but Jinki didn't move as if he was waiting for a sign of some sort to know that it was safe.

A few seconds later Mina screamed at someone, making Taemin look on the opposite director of where they had to go.

However Jinki ignored her scream and pushed Taemin to the right. So that was the distraction Mina was going to arrange? Who was she screaming with? It was probably her father and Taemin moved on the wheelchair.

“We need to go back, he will know something is wrong and hurt her.” Speaking was so painful for Taemin that every time he opened his mouth he felt as if he was prickled by several needles inside his chest.

“We need to trust her.”

“No you don't understand. He knows she went to pick you up.” Jinki stopped abruptly the chair coming to an halt making Taemin jerk forward.

“What?”

“He knows, she is supposed to betray us, to trick us.”

“!”

“No it's all a decoy it’s...”

“ !” Jinki pushed the wheelchair faster down the hallway, so fast that it only stopped when it bumped against the legs of a thug that was eating a piece of bread.

The man in a red shirt raised his eyes from Taemin that smirked at him to Jinki. He was going to open his mouth probably to call for help when Jinki wrapped his arm around his neck and threw him against the wall, his head bumping against it making him fall to the floor unconscious, the half eaten piece of bread beside him.

“. We can’t come this way. She lied to us!”

“She didn't she…” Taemin couldn't accept that “Something must have went wrong.”

Jinki didn't answer and instead turned the chair around and back to the intersection of the hallways; while he pushed Taemin he tried to remember the drawing of the house hoping that Mina didn't lie on that also.

“We need to go upstairs.” Jinki said his lips, feeling a drop of sweat fall down his temple. The only place to leave the house now was by the place they entered - the window of her bedroom. They couldn't risk walking around the main floor with Mina’s father inside.

“Do you think you can climb up?” Jinki asked trying his best to speak low.

“I can try.”

Jinki wanted to curse loudly. Taemin would never be able to climb down the window alone. They had a rope, he could tie it around him and with Kibum’s help lower him down. It would took a long time and was risky but it was the only way to do it.

The wheelchair came to a stop once they reached the stairs and Jinki grabbed Taemin swiftly in his arms throwing him over his shoulder making the young man cry loudly.

The sound would probably attract attentions but they were on a rush.

“I'm sorry Tae…” Jinki cried climbing the stairs with Taemin in his arms, all the weight over him “This is the only way…”

It felt like hours, slowly climbing to minimize the pain inflicted on Taemin, not able to look back and see if someone was behind them, ready to shoot at them, suffering to hold Taemin that was heavy without letting him fall.

They finally reached the above floor and pushed open the door of Mina’s room that was still empty. Jinki placed Taemin softly over the bed of the bedroom and then pushed a small closet beside her bed to the front of the door so no one could enter.

“Ok then.” Jinki rushed to the window and whistled.

A van a few meters away moved slowly closer to the window and a man came out of it.

Kibum…

“Do you have him?” Kibum asked and Jinki gave a quick nod.

“We a have a problem. Mina might have tricked us.”

“Oh really?” Kibum rolled his eyes and would probably throw a I told you so at Jinki if he couldn't sense that the situation was bad.

“I'm gonna tie Tae to the rope we used to climb and you need to grab him down there.”

Jinki didn't give time for Kibum to answer and instead grabbed the rope and went back to Taemin.

He wrapped the rope around Taemin tying it firmly which made Taemin bit his hand so he wouldn't scream in pain.

“I'm so sorry Tae. I should have suspected it.” It was too easy to enter the house, he knew that but he still hoped that she was right, that she truly had a plan out of there.

“She won't hurt me.“ Taemin mumbled his eyes barely opening. Jinki raised his hand to Taemin's forehead and frowned. He was sweating like crazy and burning with a fever. The pain he felt when Jinki climbed the stairs with him probably worsened his condition and now taking him out with a rope out of the window wasn't going to be good.

“She is not a traitor…” Taemin mumbled.

“Damn it...what do i do?”

Before Jinki had time to panic more Kibum stepped out of the window as if he was a hero coming to sae everyone.

Jinki sighed relieved.

Kibum joined him, untied the rope around Taemin and tied it to him. “I'll hold him while we go down. You just need to hold the rope. You think you can do it?”

Jinki patted Kibum’s shoulder thankful and then they both carried Taemin that was now unconscious to the window. Kibum wrapped the rope about both and hugged Taemin against him.

“I hope you thank me rightfully after this, kid.”

Jinki chuckled passing the rope around the feet of the bed hoping that it would hang on and then placed his feet on the window’s ledge ready to hold the rope.

Kibum nodded at him one last time and then started to climb down with Taemin.

Jinki groaned releasing the rope softly so that they wouldn't fall too quickly and Kibum could control the way down without them bumping against the wall.

It was only on floor they could do it, he had to hang on. All those years of working out needed to be enough.

Jinki clutched his teeth, the rope hurting his hands, his face drenched in sweat. However holding the rope was not his only problem.

The knob of Mina’s bedroom rotated and Jinki froze in silence, letting the rope slide from his hand slightly enough for Kibum to complain.

Jinki couldn't turn but he could hear the sound of someone trying to force the door behind him.

Luckily Kibum reached the ground and the weight pushing Jinki ended making him stumbled back almost against the bed.

“Jinki open the door!” Mina pleaded from outside but he didn't answer.

Instead Jinki took several deep breaths releasing the rope and sighing because even though he had a big trouble there Kibum and Taemin were safe outside, well at least until The King sent his thugs after them.

Jinki shuffled to his feet and looked out of the window.

Kimbum was coming out from the back of the van which meant that Taemin was already inside it.

“Come on…” He called to Jinki and he grabbed the rope to climb out of the window when he remembered the way Taemin looked at him in pain mumbling that Mina would never hurt him.

He trusted her and she was important to him, as important as Areum was to him.

If Jinki left her there, if she was innocent, something would happen to her and Taemin would never forgive him, worse he would never forgive himself for not being able to protect someone he loved.

“Aish.”

Jinki’s expression made Kibum frown and he knew exactly what Jinki was thinking.

“I give you two minutes. If she doesn't come out Jinki we are driving away. And you're coming with us!”

“Deal!”

Jinki turned around and faced the door.

“Jinki?” She called from outside and Jinki pushed the closet out of the way and stepped back.

The door opened and Mina entered the room, however she wasn't alone.

The King was with her, pointing a gun at her head.


 

6ga3j8.jpg

How do you tell your child to stop crying when you are hiding inside a small bathroom - probably the staff bathroom - her mother also crying and her father bleeding from a gun wound on his stomach?!

It all happened so fast but Jonghyun knew what he had to do, he placed himself in front of his wife and daughter, he took the shot for them and then, bleeding and in pain he helped them hide in the middle of the confusion.

He wasn't sure if the ones responsible for the shooting were after him but he had a feeling they were. It was a big coincidence that one of them knew him, that their eyes were on him at the time. He had too many enemies.

Jonghyun took a deep breath and Mi Jung hiccuped, tears falling down her cheeks. Her hands were bloody like his, making pressure on his wound with her small fancy thin coat that was no longer pink and instead a red mess.

“It's all going to be ok.” Jonghyun said once again cleaning his bloody fingers on his suit before touching Bora’s head, running his finger in her soft baby hair. Her small hands were grasping his shirt on the side he wasn't hurt and head against him moving every time he took a deep breath.

“What are we going to do? Where is the police?”

“I’m sure they are negotiating with them downstairs. Soon they will enter. We need to wait.”

Mi Jung bit her lower lip and raised her eyes to the window above. It was a small window with bars, if only they could break it. She suggested it to him before but he remarked that it was impossible to do so and besides the noise would attract the armed men to them. It was better to keep silent and hide for now until the police or someone from SM came to save them. They probably knew by now what happened. They could hear the sirens outside.

“We must wait.” Jonghyun repeated smiling softly at his kid cleaning the tears of her cheeks. “We are going to be alright Bora. Daddy is a hero right? He always saves everyone. He is going to save you and mommy.”

Mi Jung covered with one of her hands, blood dirtying her chin and Jonghyun avoided looking at her, placing his hand over the one pressing his wound.

She wasn't innocent like Bora. She knew that he was losing a lot of blood.

Each passing minute was a step closer to his death.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

“Oh what a surprise. We have a guest!” The King said pushing the gun against the back of Mina's head making her enter the bedroom.

Jinki peeked from behind him but he came alone so maybe Mina wasn't lying and indeed the house was lacking guards at that time. After all her father was only a small criminal that earned his living with gambling and drugs.

“Not happy with only me?” The King asked smiling “My daughter forgot to warn me that we would have a visit so early so I was unprepared.”

Jinki moved his hand to the gun on his waist but the The King shook his head making a sound with his tongue.

“If I were you I wouldn't do that Onew.”

“You know my name? I don't recall meeting you.” Jinki hand was few inches away from his gun but he knew that a miscalculated move would end up in Mina’s death.

“I didn’t know you either but we have a friend in common - Ace, and as I can see you came to pick him up.”

“Release the girl and we will go on our separate ways. No one needs to get hurt.”

“You are right.” The King grabbed Mina and made her walk further into the room. “But the thing is, even though Mina forgot to bring you at a good time she did bring you like I asked.” He moved the gun in the direction of Jinki instead releasing Mina “She can go, but you stay.”

Jinki swallowed eyeing Mina and even though she was free now she didn't make a move to run away or help him.

“You betrayed Taemin?”

“No. I would never do that. All I did was to help him.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Kibum looked at his wristwatch one more time and groaned eyeing the window above.

Why was Jinki taking such a long time to come down? He did tell him that he would leave if Mina did not show up. Kibum grabbed the gun from inside his boot and stared at the rope in front of him.

Slowly he started counting down the seconds. If Jinki wasn't coming out, he was going to go in.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“However on the day they came back from the village the gassy lady farted again and did it so impressively that her father in law was speechless.”

Usually Mi Jung hated when Jonghyun told Bora that silly kid's story about the gassy lady but this time she didn't care. She knew he was doing it to try and distract Bora for what was truly happening. It seemed to work since Bora wasn't crying anymore and her attention was on Jonghyun's lips and not on her mother that was still pressing her father's wound.

“Then he started to like her.” Bora said with a tiny voice and Jonghyun smiled weakly.

“Yes and do you know why?”

“Because everyone can be special in their own way.” She repeated the words her father told her so many times before. It doesn’t matter who you are or what talents you have. Everyone is unique and special.

Jonghyun nodded and kissed his daughter's forehead pulling her to him.

He shared a meaningful look with Mi Jung and she rested her head against his shoulder.

“I should go out and search for help. We can't keep waiting.”

Jonghyun released his wound and grabbed her.

“No. Your father must be here already. You know him. Soon Jinki and the others will come.”

“We can't wait forever.” She insisted “You stay with Bora and I’ll go search for help.”

“I'll go then.” He would never let her go and face whatever was outside alone. It was his duty to protect her until the end. Jonghyun tried to move away from the wall and stand up but Mi Jung pushed him back.

“Don't be silly. You are badly injured.

“I can still walk.”

She shook her head crying more and Jonghyun looked helplessly at her. He often felt so strong during his missions as an agent but he was never once in a situation where his wife and daughter were in danger. He felt terrified and helpless. That was his worst nightmare.

Their conversation was interrupted because someone tried to open the door of the bathroom that they locked previously.

“Kim Jonghyun?” A sweet gentle voice came from the other side. “Are you there? I think we need to talk alone.” A shiver ran down Jonghyun’s spine and he moved to stand up with Mi Jung’s help. Bora stood up too and Jonghyun grabbed her by her hand and guided her to Mi Jung’s arm. “Can you come outside?”

“Who are you?”

“I'm your biggest fan and well...I’m also the one who had this crazy idea to come and kill you and your family. I swear we didn't kill anyone downstairs. I'm only interested in you but things got a bit complicated and you ran away so we had to improvise” The man giggled and then his voice became a little lower “But come outside. I’m sure you don't remember me but we have a lot to talk about, after all we haven't seen each other since high school.”

Mi Jung gasped then covering and Jonghyun looked at her confused. Whoever that person was she knew who it was.

“I was a bit hurt when I found out about your wedding with that but worse was coming to all of your fansigns and you never recognized me EVER!” The man banged on the door his voice changing from gentle to an angry one fast.

Bora jumped hiding behind her mother tugging at Jonghyun’s sleeve and he pushed her back with Mi Jung.

“Don't go.” She whispered “He hates you.”

Jonghyun blinked his eyes wondering who would possible hate him in high school. He didn't have enemies back then. Yes he did piss off some...wait…

A memory of a day in the cafeteria when he lost his temper, when two bullies were making fun of another student’s uality.

“My life changed when I met you Kim Jonghyun!” The man outside said once again and Jonghyun remembered that voice from back then, mocking the student in front of everyone before Jonghyun mocked him back. Before everyone started to make fun of him due to that accident. “You make speeches talking about equality, saying it's important to act against violence that we should respect everyone but you never…” The man outside made a pause and laughed bitterly “But you never once ing talked about how you ruined my life!”

Mi Jung grabbed Jonghyun's arm but he pulled away and stepped to the door, pressing his wound.

“If I talk with you will you let Mi Jung and my daughter leave? Will you release everyone unhurt?”

“Gee...I don't know…Should I?” He banged on the door “I will. Just come out!”

Mi Jung whimpered behind him but Jonghyun unlocked the door and opened it.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“I don't understand. How is this protecting him?” Onew asked Mina.

She didn't answer and looked away so her father did it for her.

“We made a deal. I release Taemin and in exchange you stay.”

“Me?”

“Well I had three options but apparently you are the one my partner wants the most and the most eager to save the Ace.”

“Partner?” Jinki smiled softly, his smile not reaching his eyes which made Mina a little scared. Jinki wasn't only Taemin’s brother, he was also like him, someone trained to kill.

“I’m sorry. I needed to protect Taemin.” She said only to be interrupted by her father. Jinki didn't even look at her, his fingers over the gun on his waist.

Now that she betrayed him there was no reason why he couldn't take his gun out. However her father was pointing the gun at him and one gesture could be the his death.

“He came to me to ask for help catching someone. He offered me a lot of money and I accepted. I'm a businessman after all.”

“But the thing is, there is a problem with that business deal.” Jinki seems so calm and her father was so busy talking with him that she moved her hand inside the pocket of her pants grabbing the object. That was her only chance, if she failed everything would be ruined.

“A problem?” The King asked a soft smile gracing his lips.

“I don't intend to stay. I made a promise to go back and I always keep my promises. You are a business man and I'm a man of word.” Jinki opened his arms slowly and stepped back.

The King lowered his gun to his legs and Jinki halted. He could shoot him, he wouldn't hesitate if he had to.

“He asked for you alive, not unharmed.”

“Who did?” Jinki frowned a smirk on his lips “Who is so interested to see me?”

“An old friend I believe, someone that truly seems to hate you.”

Jinki chuckled “You can't please everyone.” his eyes moved to the gun and down to the floor.

He was really sorry towards Areum since he promised her he would come back unharmed but he would have to risk it if he wanted to come back at all. He would keep a part of his promise. He would go back to her. He had to. His story couldn't end there! He still wanted to be a father, take Areum on a real honeymoon, visit his parents grave with Areum and his baby. He needed that.

He his lips analyzing his options. If he didn't need to protect Mina anymore - her life didn't seem to be in danger after all - he could try to fight The King. In the worse case he would be shot before he reached to him, but running away to the window would be his death for sure and worse he would led him to Kibum outside. Jinki swallowed hard praying that Kibum had left without him and didn't have the stupid idea to climb the window to save him.

“So are you coming with me peacefully or…” He turned to Mina and she took the syringe from her pocket showing it to Jinki. “It's a very strong sedative. You won't feel anything and once you wake up you will be with your long lost enemy.”

Mina stepped forward towards Jinki and he was going to defend himself from her when she turned around and stabbed the syringe in her father’s neck. Jinki widened his eyes surprised and The King that was startled as much as him fell to the ground unconscious.

“What did you just do?

“I saved your !” Mina chuckled happy that her plan worked and checked his neck for vital signs. Jinki took the gun away from the man's hand and looked at her questioningly.

“You didn't betray us!”

“Of course not. Taemin is my only ally. All this time I was a double agent. Like in the movies!” She laughed excitedly “This monster didn't even suspect it. How dumb is he? I mean I hate him so much, his pride betrayed him…”

Jinki stood up eyeing Mina’s still a little shocked and placed The Kings gun on his waist next to his.

“Let's go.” Jinki wanted to laugh too. He had Taemin, he had Mina and he was safe. They were all safe. It was a successful mission. “Before more of his thugs come back.”

“It's safe downstairs. I took care of all of them. I told him I did it for you to trust me.” She pulled he syringe out from her father's neck and looked at him a strange sparkle in her eyes. “I put them all to sleep. I’m a genius!”

“We should go.” Jinki was going to help her stand up but she pulled her arm away.

“Help me take him.”

“WHAT? I'm not taking that with us.”

“You must!” She insisted her determined gaze in Jinki “He hurt so many people he deserves to be punished. You should make him a prisoner.”

“We don't take prisoners. We usually don't leave any alive.”

She seems to measure his words and her eyes fell on the gun on his waist, the one he stole from her father.

“No.” Jinki placed a hand over it “You will regret it. He is your father.”

“Then you kill him… NO!” She stood up and grabbed Jinki’s black sweater approaching her face to him, a pleading look in her eyes “You need to take him. You need to make him a prisoner until we decide what to do with him.”

“Mina I can't take him…”

“He is unconcious. He might have info about who wanted to get you also!”

That made Jinki reconsider and he looked at the man at his feet.

“What the are you two doing?” Kibum asked from the window making both look at him. He was sweating and seemed very upset “You are here talking while I'm down there worrying? Look at this!” He run a finger on his sweaty temple “I need a damn shower!”

“Let's take him!” Mina insisted and Jinki nodded.

“Alright, but you don't touch him!”

Mina released him satisfied and Jinki turned to Kibum crouching beside The King to grab him “Help me here!”

Kibum placed his hands on his waist and groaned “Damn it! Why did I climb the window?!”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Sung Gi sat on her small desk inside her neat bedroom. She wasn't used to have much since she was little. She never truly had her own space and lived of favor in all the houses she stayed before.

All her life she had to pretend, to smile and ignore the hurtful comments people made about her. Living in Lee Sooman’s mansion was different. No one was mean to her but still she pretended.

At first she pretended not to have feelings for the owner of the house, later for his son and now Director Oh - the name everyone called her which always hurt her since it made her unfamiliar to that family - was pretending to be on SM’s side.

The truth was that even though at first she was faithful soon things changed when she realized who Jinki truly was, who were his parents, the things they have done to her.

Sung Gi drank another glass of soju and opened the small box she hid inside her closet.

She took the several photographs from inside it and looked at it.

Some were from Sooman when he was younger and still married, others from when he showed up in her life and saved her. In the middle of all of them there was one of Jinki still wearing his high school uniform that she stole from him without knowing.

He was so gentle to her back then, so polite. He always greeted her and spoke to her as if she was part of the family. However things slowly changed mostly because Seok told her the whole truth, who Jinki really was.

She traced the smile of the boy in the photograph and then her phone rang.

She cleared - she didn't want him to know that she has been drinking and crying Jinki’s demise - and took the call.

It failed.”

Sung Gi grinned happy with the news that should make her sad instead “Why?”

He didn't capture him. Right now he must be arriving back to the mansion. And that damn Key was with him.”

“I see.” She collected all the pictures to place inside the box but left Jinki one for last. “I must leave this house.”

Why? You decided to work as a double agent when I told you about who were Onew’s parents.

“I know but I'm compromised.” her feelings for Jinki were getting in the way of what had to be done.

“We talked about this before. You did well when we sabotaged their mission in Japan.”

She bit her lower lip remembering how much she cried when she found out about the accident that almost killed Jinki and Kibum. Yes she did not have a deep affection for the blonde man but even seeing him hurt made her question what she was doing. Also, Jinki, the way he arrived to the house bruised and weak. She almost ran to hug him - he probably would have rejected her - but his wife did it instead. She hated her so much.

“I know but this time I asked him not to go.” There was silence on the other side of the line and Sung Gi closed her eyes in pain. Silence was way worse. She knew his tempter, how dangerous he was. “I love him.”

“You can't love him. You can't possibly love someone that has the same blood of the ones who killed your parents.”

She sighed running a hand on her cheek and then grabbed the photo. Jinki wasn't at fault. He was a kid like her at the time. They didn't know what their parents did, that they were fighting in different sides.

“Besides he treats you like you are nothing.”

That was a lie. He did that now but only because of the way she was acting. Because of the way she treated his wife and Audrey. She hated them so much. If they didn't enter that house things would be different. If it wasn't for Audrey Jinki would have never met Areum, he would never have fallen in love. She could remember how it all started how he started spending less time at home, staying with that woman using the mission as an excuse when it was so clear he loved her.

“They ruined everything.” She mumbled. If it wasn't from both of them and Taemin coming to that house Jinki would be hers and she didn't need to share him with anyone.

“Yes. They did and you know how much we need them.” The man on the other side hummed “Maybe it's truly time for you to leave.”

“Really?”

“You said they suspect you.”

“Yes. Key specially. After what I did with Minho, the way I drugged Areum so she wouldn't get pregnant, how I tried with Audrey and all the things I've done. It think they know about it. They hate me now.”

“Very well, let's work on taking you out from there but before I have one last mission for you.”

“What is it?”

We need Audrey. We always did. Not only because of who she is but because of that damn machine. They are pressuring me to get her.

“She doesn't trust me. She won't come with me.”

Well it's very obvious how you hate her.

“Don't you think I have reasons for it? You said so before.” And yet she couldn't hate Jinki for similar reasons.

But you don't hate that bastard… whatever!” He chuckled “I hate him enough for both of us. Very soon I am going to kill him, you know that right?

Sung Gi bit her lower lip “Maybe we could find another way, maybe I could take care of him.” Make him hers.

Maybe.” He didn't seem that convinced and Sung Gi knew why. He hated him so damn much. “I must break his heart first. We need Areum then.” He laughed as if he had a great idea “I'm a genius! Yes we need Areum! I know exactly what to do now! It might cost my life but…it's the perfect revenge!

“I can't leave the mansion with both of them. They don't trust me and you know how protected they are.”

Find a way. I need both now.

Jinki and Sooman would be devastated and Sung Gi’s eyes got wet.

“He will be crushed. He is trying to have a baby with her, I think she is pregnant already.”

“I don't give a . It's just a damn bunch of cells inside her, another creature with that cursed family blood. We must do this. You know it. And after if he is still alive I'll let you have him.”

It was all so cruel and Sung Gi wasn't sure she could do it.

That woman is sleeping with the man you love every night. She has what you don't have. A family, people that love her and she is even the one in charge now when it should be you. What did she do to deserve it? Nothing! She didn't suffer half of what you did, she even met him after you!”

He was right and Sung Gi picked up Jinki’s picture and placed it inside the box closing it. He would be devastated if he lost Areum or even an unborn baby but she was sure her love would be able to nurture him back. No one loved him as much as her.

Can I count on you or not?

“Yes. I'll get you both the girls.”

I knew I could count on you Sung Gi. We only have each other.

 

2gt96ip.jpg

 

 

Hello! I hope you are well! I’m posting this one as a celebration of my birthday! Yay!

I hope you enjoy this chapter and it wasn't lame. T_T

Taemin’s story is almost over so that leaves Jinki’s and Kibum’s and well the Audrey secret. We are so close to it and I think some of you might have an idea of what it is and who she truly is. Also yes Director Oh is a traitor, now we know...but she was manipulated...by whom? Well….and she as a secret link to Jinki.

Anyway tell me what you think….^^