Mission XXII : Double Agent

Perfectly Dangerous

 

Secret Agents Dictionary:

Double Agent: a person pretending to work as a spy for one government, while actually spying for another government.

 

- Several years ago -

 

Audrey was used to the dark which was something peculiar for a girl her age. She remembered being afraid before and daddy placed a lamp in the shape of a flower beside her bed on the wall that they would turn on every night.

Even if she woke up during the night scared, the light from the lamp would illuminate her and she would feel better.

After she lost her parents and came to live in the orphanage, darkness became her best friend. The older kids would fight each other and bully her so she often crawled under her bed and stayed there for hours, watching the shadows around the bed, the feet of the other kids while they walked around the room oblivious to her presence.

After a while that defence mechanism became like a habit and she started doing it even during the night. That was probably one of the reasons she understood Areum so well. She also did that when her father started to become aggressive, even though Areum didn't search for the darkness, she only needed a hiding place.

During visiting hours Audrey never left her bedroom. Some kids usually had distant relatives visiting them, others were going through adopting processes and were often visited by their new possible parents, the majority simply used that time to go outside to play.

Normally Audrey stayed inside her bedroom and sat beside the big window feeling the sun touch her face. She closed her eyes and pretended that that was the flower lamp from her old bedroom. It was easy to pretend that nothing ever happened and her parents were still with her.  The hardest part was when she opened her eyes and she was back  to the sad room she shared with three other kids, alone. Completely alone.

However that day something interrupted Audrey’s daydreams.

“Audrey, you have a visitor.” One of the orphanage’s staff members said from the door.

Audrey turned around immediately hoping to see someone familiar, someone that belonged to her daydreams but instead she saw a man in front of her, someone she didn't recall ever meeting.

The man approached her slowly and Audrey looked behind him searching for the staff member a little scared.

“It’s ok Audrey.” He stopped in the middle of the room and she watched him suspiciously.

“Which one is your bed?” The man asked smiling gently.

She answered by pointing at the bed where he sat observing her.

He didn’t see her since she was a little baby, no wonder she couldn't remember him. She had her mother's hair and eyes  but her lips and nose were clearly her father's.

“You don't remember me but I was a very good friend of your parents. I was the one who saved you. Don't you remember me?”

Audrey flinched in pain clearly not wanting to remember. Why remember something that she was trying so hard to forget?!

“I'm the one who brought you here.”

“Why?” She asked with a tiny voice but the man smiled, glad that she was speaking to him, letting her defences fall a little. “I don't want to stay here.”

The man seemed sad and then patted the place on the bed beside him. She didn't move immediately so he did it again and waited for her to sit beside him on the small bed.

She watched him carefully, now that she was close to him, probably trying to remember him. He could be the man on the photograph of the living room beside her parents smiling. Yes, it was him.

“You are very little, it's hard to explain but if I take you with me I'm taking away from you the chance to have a normal life away from what killed your parents.”

She tilted her head confused.

“I promised your mother that you would be able to be whoever you want with no interferences. That's what I am doing. I know it's not going to be easy but I'll be always with you even if you don't know.”

“What's your name?”

He straightened his back and his head hit the bed above hers making Audrey laugh while he rubbed his head.

Her laughter and the way she smiled made the man froze looking at her.

She was a clear copy of someone else he knew, someone he loved as much as her, someone he was trying to save like he was saving her.

Also, a copy of her father when he smiled.

For a while Sooman almost decided to break his promise, take Audrey with him to his house, give his daughter another sibling to love, giving Jinki a little sister…

If he was saving her then why he felt as if he was deserting that little girl in hell?!

Sooman couldn't. Maybe fate would make it happen and her path would cross with his again.

“I brought you some things.” The man said pulling a small backpack from the floor and giving it to Audrey that hesitantly grabbed it. “It’s a few things you had back home and some new ones I thought you might need.”

She ped the bag and peeked inside. Some of her soft toys, dolls and books were inside with a couple other things like a cute pink fluffy pajama. But something else caught her attention. She took it out and looked at the flower of her daydreams.

“An orphanage can be a very dark place.” The man said. “I saw that in your bedroom and thought that maybe it would feel better to have it beside your bed. I’ll ask the lady from before to help you place it.”

“Thank you.” Audrey’s eyes filled with tears and she hugged the flower. It was as if a little bit of her old life was being given back to her.

A heavy hand caressed her hair and she looked at the man beside her through her teary eyes.

“Will you come back?”

“Someday. Even if I don't, I'll always be close if you need me, ok?”

She nodded and he took out a book from her bag.

“Want me to read you a story?”

She couldn't remember the last time someone read her a story. It was something her parents used to do often.

That day the man stayed with her for one hour and a half. Even though it was a short time he read her a story, played with her and even told her about his daughter and adopted son.

Audrey felt for the first time in a while that she was no longer alone. When the time to say goodbye came she hugged the man and he kissed her forehead before leaving the room.

She only saw him one more time after that.

The flower lamp only lasted one year until one of the kids broke it by throwing a ball at it. Audrey saved the broken pieces under her bed until the cleaning lady threw them away.

She cried for days missing the light beside her bed until another girl from her bedroom slapped her because she couldn't sleep.

Audrey stopped daydreaming and instead focused all her energy on finding a way out of there.

She never found out how the man was called and after a few months waiting for him to come back she forgot about him also.

Why remember the ones that left her behind?!

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

- Present Day -

 

“How could you let them bring that traitor back to the mansion!” Director Oh screamed after barging into Lee Sooman’s office.

“That man is not a traitor yet. Nothing was proved against him.” He answered calmly.

Director Oh scoffed. “All proofs are against him. It’s obvious that he is the guilty one.”

“Until we hear what Taemin has to say, Minho did nothing wrong, besides he is hurt and he needs a place to recover.”

Director Oh hit Sooman’s desk with both her hands. “I can't believe our leader let a man that is clearly someone we can't trust enter our facilities!”

Sooman stood up from his chair. Usually he gave off a very gentle and friendly aura but not at the moment. Director Oh swallowed and took her hands away from the desk.

“This isn't our facilities. It's my house so I welcome here whoever I want. Everyone that I let stay here is someone I trust or I should trust. Isn't it right Director Oh?”

She nodded her head slightly and Sooman added. “Do you have anything else you need to tell me?”

She knew he was suspicious of her. The last developments broke the trust he had in her and soon she would have to leave that house and start the last part of her plan.

“There is nothing sir.” Director Oh turned around and left Lee Sooman’s office.

She truly didn't want him to die - he saved her when she needed to be saved -  even if she planned to hurt him with her plan.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“Ah an animal card!” Jonghyun remarked after Jinki played.

“He is so going to win this!” Kibum complained “He always wins why are we even playing?”

“You are just very unlucky.” Jonghyun said playing a card of his.

“Guys I’m starting to get tired.” Minho whined.

He was inside the infirmary for some days now and often the others visited him to play games with him, like they were doing at the moment playing Go Stop. But Minho knew better. They wanted to keep an eye on him to be sure that no one tried to hurt him. That was love.

Even Audrey and Areum were taking care of him and in all his life he never felt so treasured, not even when he lived with his parents. They were treating him as if he was a sick kid and in a way, being cared of for once felt good.

“Do you have any pain?” Jonghyun asked warmly.

“Ah, My arm hurts a little.” Minho complained cutely and Kibum brushed it off.

“Please he is just being a baby.”

“I'm not!” Minho's eyes widened and Jinki played his last card.

“AND I WIN!”

“Damn it! He wins all the time!” Kibum stood up from his chair beside Minho’s bed - their improvised table - and exhaled deeply. “Why do I even play?!”

“Why? When you are so unlucky!” Jinki finished for him.

“If Taemin was here he would lost in my place.”

The mention of Taemin made silence fell over the room. Taemin was like the elephant in the room, the one no one mentioned and yet everyone was thinking about. Maybe also one of the reasons Minho was being pampered so much, because they couldn't do that to Taemin also.

“Hey! Let’s not be like this.” Kibum complained “We have to talk about things. Any news? Did he text you or call?” His eyes fell on Jinki that shook his head “Or anything?” And then Jonghyun that tried to track him down.

“Nothing. He haven't contacted me for 4 days now.” Jinki sighed.

“I've been asking around and nothing. No one saw him or heard of him and in a way it might be a good sign. It means that…”

Everyone knew what that meant.

No body. Higher chance to be alive.

“That boy is the best. He knows how to move in the shadows. He is alive. I’m sure he is.” Minho tried to be positive and Kibum agreed with him. There was no point being all gloomy about it. The only thing they had to do was to keep searching for him.

Someone opened the door of the infirmary and Areum peeked inside, her hair a mix of red with brown since the dye was almost gone.

“Sorry, am I interrupting?” she pushed the door further open and Jinki stood to help her “It’s time for Minho to have lunch.”

“Did you cook for me?” He asked hopefully and Areum grinned.

“I did help.”

“I love your food. I'm going to come to eat at your place more often, Jinki.”

Once they moved to their own house that Jinki hoped that would happen soon.

“Is my wife your nurse now?” He asked sitting on the bed beside Minho watching Areum place the tray with food over Minho’s lap.

In the beginning, Areum and Audrey and even the other members helped Minho eat but now he was able to do so alone. It was more like a caring gesture.

“Are you jealous?” Minho smirked and Jinki frowned slightly.

“She is spending too much time with you lately.”

“Oh please.” Areum  laughed knowing well that they were joking. Lately the animosity that existed between Minho and Jinki seemed to have disappeared completely even though she didn't know why. “You don't have to be jealous!” She said poking Jinki’s nose which made Kibum chuckle when Jinki looked at her with puppy eyes. “Today I'm not the one feeding him.”

“You are not?” Minho asked but got no answer because Areum grabbed Jinki by one arm and gestured for the other two guys to follow her.

“Let's go, so Minho can rest.”

Minho watched them leave clueless and then it all made sense when Nana entered the room closing the door behind her.

She didn't step away from it though, eyeing him hesitantly as if she was worried that he might scream at her or throw something at her head.

It was the first time he saw her after that day he was saved. He had a brief memory of her in the van, touching his face and telling him he would be ok but he passed out soon after. He knew that she came to visit him in the first hours when he was being treated but after that she didn't come anymore. He wondered if she was gathering her strength, if somehow Areum convinced her to come see him.

“I helped Areum with the food.” She said as if it was a peace offer and Minho looked at the tray in front of him. It all looked and smelled deliciously and there was a glass of orange juice on the tray. He used to make orange juice for her in the morning. He was sure that wasn't a coincidence.

Since he wasn't answering Nana spoke again, her voice becoming lower. “I understand if you don't want me here.” For a woman that could be so deadly she was so innocent around him.

He liked it. He liked that she showed him that side of her when she was with him, the sweet, confused and hurt girl inside of that strong woman.

“If you want I can leave.”

“Thank you. You saved me.”

She stepped away from the door. “I did nothing. I didn't even enter the building.”

“Jonghyun told me about what you did, about telling them.”

“It seems like we are doomed to be like this.” Another small step towards him. She looked like the girl next door wearing simple blue jeans and a light blue sweater. “Constantly missing and saving each other.”

He saw her fidgeting with her hands. “Aren’t you going to help me eat?”

“Ah, of course.” She crossed the distance between her and the bed and grabbed the spoon. “You really don’t mind?”

He glanced at her. Was she crazy? She was feeding him and he would mind?!

The woman he loved was there beside him and he could look at her while she took care of him?! Why would he mind?!

“No. I’m famished and Areum does talk a lot.”

Nana laughed and the awkward feeling in the room started to dissipate.

“This morning she talked for one hour about babies and Jinki and I wanted to puke everything I was eating because of all the love in her words.”

Nana laughed more heartily and he opened his mouth to accept the food she was giving him.

“You are lying. You like that kind of things.”

“I am. It was cute.” He swallowed his food. “I’m a little jealous of Jinki actually.”

She paled slightly and Minho smiled to himself.

“You like her?”

“Who Areum?” He laughed. “No. I meant marrying someone you love, planning a baby.”

Nana didn't smile. She knew how much Minho wanted that. A normal life, marrying a normal girl, having kids - several of them. But she wasn't that kind of woman. She was far from being normal. She was tainted too.

“Don't you dream with that?” His question made her spill the soup over the tray and she quickly grabbed a paper tissue from the table beside his bed to clean it.

“I mean…” His eyes didn't leave her face and even if she wasn't looking at him she felt it burn her skin. “I mean before…before everything.”

Before she was , before she became a e.

“I was too young.” She looked at him being honest, her cheeks becoming slightly red as if she was embarrassed. It wasn't her fault that it happened to her. She told herself that every night before sleeping. “I only cared about clothes and studying and idols. I didn't even know what love was or had my first kiss.”

He looked away. He hated it. It made his insides turn every time he thought about how much was ripped from her life, how many good experiences she could have had that were turned into traumatic ones. He wondered if she remembered who kissed her for the first time?! Was it one of the men that her?!

If only he could turn back time.

He actually could. He had the machine to do it but…turning back time had too many complications.

If Nana didn't become who she was now it would affect the story of others, including his.

There was a reason Aeon was a weapon and not a blessing.

The past can't be changed without having consequences, without changing the present.

“When you kissed me...” She whispered and he looked at the orange juice in front of him. “I pretended that it was my first time because I genuinely wanted it.” He swallowed hard. “And when we had …”

She told him that before. He was her first even if others came before him. He was the first one who truly loved her.

“I know.” He grabbed her hand stopping her from saying more.

Nana contemplated the way their hands looked together, so firmly holding each other. Even holding hands was a first to her and she did it with him.

Kissing, making love, dating, holding hands, all of those marks in a relationship she did with him. She owned him so much and the only thing she did was hurt him.

“Now that you are free and everything is over,” she shifted her eyes to Minho “Do you think that you can dream with that?”

“With babies and marriage?”

“Yes, with love.”

Minho’s gaze on her was so intense that she felt all the doubts inside her slowly disappear. He was truly an angel that saved her and she couldn't love him more than she did already.

“I might if I have the right man beside me.”

He smiled extremely satisfied with himself which made Nana’s lips turn into a soft smile also while he caressed her hand.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Jinki walked in the middle of the trees until he heard Areum’s and Bora’s voices.

They were sitting below a big tree over a blanket. Several toys and dolls were on it and Areum had a braid that matched Bora’s with a pearlescent aqua blue ribbon tangled within the hair. They looked like two little girls giggling and playing together and he watched them for a while without revealing his presence.

Areum seemed truly happy now and he couldn't wait to see her doing that with a daughter of their own someday.

Before they noticed him he crossed the distance and sat behind Areum making her yelp surprised when he wrapped his arms around her.

“Uncle Jinki!” Bora celebrated clapping her hands and Areum giggled too caressing his hands over her tummy.

“What are you doing here? Didn't you have work to do?”

He was helping another team tracking down the hideout of a Dokko agent they were after for a while now.

“It's done. I want to play now.”

Areum knew what that kind of play meant and frowned. “Please I’m busy now.”

“No. I really mean play play.” He laughed hugging her tighter and Areum tried to hide the red from her cheeks but Bora pointed it out making the moment even more embarrassing.

Areum grabbed the doll that represented her and sat her beside Bora’s one, the two of them establishing a conversation with their dolls.

Jinki watched them play for a while until he got bored again and leaned against the tree, pulling Areum with him making her release the doll.

“Hey I’m playing here.”

Bora laughed while Areum tried to release herself from Jinki. “Your uncle is so annoying.”

Bora giggled, her childlike laughter filling the woods. It felt good to hear her laugh. It was a little of sanity and hope in the middle of all the grief they had later. “He simply doesn't let me go.”

“I want you all to myself. I'm selfish!”

“Aigo uncle Jinki!”

Jinki made a sad face from behind Areum that was still struggling to get free, laughing because he was tickling her also.

“I think uncle Jinki missed aunt Areum.” Bora said hugging her doll against her; her eyes shining brightly while she watched her aunt and uncle playing together.

“Right. You completely understand me.” Jinki raised his hand and the little girl and him high fived making Areum frown cutely at them.

“But we are playing now uncle Jinki. You can watch but you can't take aunt Areum away.”

“I won't. I promise.” since Areum gave up a long time ago he was hugging her only now, his arm resting on her tummy. He didn't need to hold her anymore because she wasn't trying to get away any longer.

“Who can I be?” Jinki asked picking up a doll that represented a man.

“No that’s aunt Areum’s boyfriend.”

“So?” He shrugged his shoulders and Bora gave him a small soft toy.

“You can be the dog!”

Areum burst out laughing and Jinki pouted his lips not amused.

“Who are you?” He asked and Bora showed him her doll.

“I’m Jessica and I have two houses and I draw dresses.”

“She is a fashion designer like her mom, right?” Areum explained and Bora nodded.

“And you?” Jinki asked Areum but Bora was the one explaining it to him.

“Aunt Areum is Areum and she is pregnant.” As a cue she showed the doll and raised her dress to reveal a small baby under it.

“I thought she was fat. She eats a lot.”  Jinki joked.

“AISH!” Areum elbowed him playfully and Bora hit his arm and he laughed at her and Bora’s reaction.

“Aunt Areum is going to have a baby.”

“Really?”

Areum closed her eyes briefly since Jinki kissed her neck. The fact that she had a braid made it easier for him to rub his nose and lips against the back of her neck and he did it already several times which was having an arousing effect on her.

That kind of play would have to end soon to give way to another kind.

“So, who is the father of the baby?”

Bora grabbed another doll, this time the one Jinki tried to grab before and showed him to Jinki. “It’s Hyungsik.”

“Who?” Jinki was confused and Areum turned to him with a smirk.

“It’s Park Hyungsik. You don't know him? He is an idol and actor and he is so cute!”

“So cute!” Bora repeated even though she had no idea who he was.

“What?” He blinked his eyes his voice coming a little raspy.

“He is very charming and his ears are the cutest.”

“Oh please. I have cute ears too. He can't be that cute anyway.”

Areum grinned and slowly a cat like smile spread on her face. “Are you jealous Lee Jinki?”

“Aish...stop making fun of me.”

“Are you jealous of a doll?” Areum grabbed both dolls and made them kiss which made the little girl laugh. “Can you see this Bora? Your uncle is jealous over an idol and a doll.”

Jinki released a cute annoyed sound and then tickled Areum again so she would stop making fun of him and released the dolls. It was such an attack that she slide on the blanket taking the dolls with her and he made her roll defenseless over it trying to pull his hands away. Bora stood up and grabbed Jinki’s arms trying to help her aunt.

Jinki roared grabbing Bora in his arms attacking her also and he only stopped when both girls were laying over the blanket laughing with tears in their eyes.

He took a deep breath and contemplated the scene. He was happy. He could be almost completely happy if something - no someone - wasn't missing.

Taemin…

“Do you give up?” He asked Bora and she nodded her head “Then tell aunt Areum that she can't look at another man besides me and that I’m the father of the dolls child!”

“Oh please!” Areum cleaned her teary eyes still laughing. “The doll doesn’t even know you yet!”

“She does!” Jinki leaned over Areum and picked up the two dolls. He made them introduce to each other using his and Areum’s name and that only made Areum laugh even more. “See? We know each other!”

Bora sighed tired of those two childish adults and kneeled on the blanket leaning over Areum too, that was still laying down. “Aunt Areum. You must love only uncle Jinki.”

“Don't worry. He is the only one I love.” Areum’s eyes moved to Jinki and he would have kissed her if Bora wasn't there.

“See? She loves you. No need to be jealous over a doll!” Bora started collecting her toys and Areum sat up fixing her braid that had some lost strands already.

“Bora, do uncle Jinki a favor and cover your eyes.”

“Oh NO!” Bora complained. “You two also do that!”

“Do what?” Areum asked confused, her cheeks very red matching her lips. All the laughing and the tickling make her very flustered.

Jinki liked it, she looked very healthy and pretty to him.

“Daddy and mommy always ask me to close my eyes when they want to kiss.”

“Kiss?” Areum turned to Jinki and that's when he kissed her, one of his hands covering Bora’s eyes that held his hand in place being very obediently.

“Is it safe now?” Bora asked after a while, too short in the couple's opinion and Jinki broke the kiss, softly brushing his lips against Areum’s giving her a meaningful look. She also wanted and needed more.  “Is it?” Bora asked again and this time Areum was the one who covered her eyes again. “Just a second.”

They kissed again and Bora complained stomping her feet on the ground making them broke the kiss since Areum started laughing with the little girl’s reaction.

Areum pulled Bora to her lap and hugged her tightly. “I’m sorry. Uncle Jinki was being too cute.”

“Uncle Jinki is always cute.”

“I am!” He agreed with Bora on that.

Who could have thought that Areum and Bora would get that close with each other. At first Bora seemed to hate her, probably jealous of that woman with whom she had to share her uncle but now she seemed to like Areum very much.

“Jinki.” Mi Jung’s voice interrupted the scene and Bora stood up immediately and ran to her mother.

“Mom uncle Jinki kissed aunt Areum.”

That made both embarrassed but Mi Jung didn't seem to have heard her daughter. “Oh really?” Her attention turned to Jinki again. “I'm sorry, I'm interrupting you but I need your help.”

“Help? With what?”

“Jonghyun is being stubborn again.”

Jinki stood up and Areum pulled Bora closer to her. “Bora let's play a little while mom talks with Jinki ok?”

Bora sat beside Areum and Jinki walked after Mi Jung. He turned around once and made a heart at both girls and Areum and Bora did the same back to him.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Audrey moved her body on the bed and raised the picture of a little girl over her head so she could see it well.

That little girl with two ponytails and some missing front teeth smiling awkwardly at the camera was her. At least that’s what Kibum told her.

“I was cute.” She was, even though she felt as if that kid was a stranger to her.

Kibum moved beside her and joined his head with hers so they were sharing the same pillow, almost no space between them. It didn't matter. They were a couple now. They shared the same bedroom, the same bed.

“You were.“ He agreed peeking at her. “You still are. “He kissed her neck sweetly and she turned to him.

“I wish they had a picture of my parents.” Kibum kissed her softly on her lips but she didn't stop talking. “I wonder if I inherited my mother’s eyes.” Another kiss. “Or my father’s temper.” Another kiss.

Audrey looked at the picture again. “I have a brief memory of the day this picture was taken. ”Kibum kissed her lips again and she kissed him back.

“Tell me.” He whispered rubbing his nose against hers.

“The dress was too short on me because it came from my house, from when my parents were still alive. That man…”

Kibum looked away but she didn't seem to notice.

“That man gave it to me.”

“The one who visited you?”

“Yes. The more I think about it the stranger it becomes. Who was he and why didn't he save me from that place?”

Kibum’s guilt didn't let him say anything. When could he tell her that that man was Lee Sooman?

“Maybe he was protecting you from something else.” Now that he said it out loud it made sense to him. Of course he was protecting her, but from what? Who was Audrey truly? Who were her parents? Why was she so important? Why did it seemed as if Sooman did his best to keep her away from that world?!

Funny thing she ended up working for Dokko and falling into that world without even knowing.

Kibum caressed her hair, letting his fingers lingered on her skin..

She was so innocent, oblivious to all that, to her past and all the secrets behind who she was.

It didn't matter if she was someone important or not. To him she was already important.

“Protect me from what? It makes no sense and I keep thinking and…”

Before she finished her trail of thoughts Kibum kissed her deeply, pushing her down on the bed climbing over her.

Audrey gasped when his tongue touched her lips making her part them so they could kiss more deeply.

He was being so intense that she grasped the sheets over them. Kibum kissed her hungrily before pulling away, her lower lip and then in a swift movement he grabbed her by her back and neck and rolled with her so she would stay over him.

“Have you ever stayed on top before?” His question made her cheeks go red almost immediately and he admired the way her neck and chest followed after. Her skin was so white like porcelain and soft like silk. He couldn't keep his hands off of her.

“S-stayed on…” Audrey mumbled some words and he grinned amazed with her innocence. She wasn't a when they were together for the first time but he knew that she wasn't that experienced.

“Audrey you never stayed on top during ?”

Audrey’s eyes settled on Kibum’s smirk and that's when she realized that he was using that to and embarrass her more.

“You're making fun of me.” She complained trying to move away from him, placing her hands on his chest to push away.

He grabbed her though and pulled her by her chin to face him.

“It's only staying on top, Audrey. You can do it, you only have to move your hips against mine.”

That was it. She tried to roll from over him but he placed his hands on her hips making her stay. Kibum sat up on the bed with her straddling him and kissed her lips making Audrey give up on leaving.

“I’ll help you.”

“It’s not a matter of helping…” Her voice started to get lower since he was caressing her back and kissing her collarbone. “You are making fun of me.”

“I’m not.” He said honestly smiling sweetly at her. “I want to try it out...with you.”

He won! He totally won! She was weak to him and even more weak to his sweet smile and passionate eyes and y voice.

“Ok.”

“Ok!” He moved his hand down her back and to her , pushing her by her against him which made Audrey moan and look down at the place between their bodies.

He followed her gaze and she blushed deeper.

“You will like it.” He brushed her hair away from her face gently. “You will control the pleasure, the intensity of it.”

“Really?” She wasn't hearing him clearly, not when he was caressing her body, rubbing his lower body against hers.

“Yes. Doesn't it turn you on? That you are in control? That you are dominating a secret agent?” He blinked an eye teasingly at her and she looked back suspiciously.

“Why this sudden desire to do it?” She was looking at his chest instead of his face and her face was still very red and Kibum couldn't stop giggling with the cute.

“Why not?” He caressed her cheek tenderly. “You completely have me Audrey.” She raised her eyes to his. “For you I’m willing to do anything. To make you smile I’m even willing to let you stay on top.”

She hit his chest lightly. “Please. You are doing this for your selfish reasons. I bet it’s some fantasy of yours or you are only trying to make me feel embarrassed.”

He chuckled nodding. “Well that too.”

“I’m not doing this!” She crossed her arms over her s but didn't move from his lap.

He didn’t say anything, gazing at her in love, no traces of mockery in his expression and she wondered what he was thinking.

“I’m not lying Audrey.” He caressed her cheek again, his fingers moving on her skin to the back of her neck, a familiar gesture, a sign that he was right. That they belonged to each other.

He was being so intense and sweet lately that she was going crazy with feelings. That morning she confessed to Areum that if things kept going like that and somehow Kibum proposed to her she would say yes. Areum celebrated because that was a big thing. Audrey didn't believe in those nonsenses from romances Areum did. She never dreamed about falling in love, about meeting someone that moves you, that makes your heart ache so much that you want to be with that person forever. That was until she met Kibum.

“I know.” She said with a tiny voice and he smirked before pulling her to him for another kiss. This time Audrey was the one parting her lips willingly, letting him french kiss her.

He didn't push her down on the bed and she wrapped her arms around him which he took as a an acceptance of what would come next.

He moved his legs under her making her moan, and then parted from her lips and kissed her down her neck, gracing her red skin with wet kisses that trailed down to one of her s. He the skin around it looking at her and Audrey swallowed hard watching his actions.

He took his time kissing and her, teasing her, kissing closer and closer to her erect until he evolved it with his lips making her moan softly. He her skin for a while, his hands were caressing her back and then moved to do the same on the other .

At first she didn't do anything besides watching him but that familiar ache inside her grew and soon she was rubbing herself on him, simulating what they would do very soon.

Kibum didn't say anything and instead pulled away and watched her. That was enough for her to stop, too self conscious, so he pushed her by her against him moving his hips up encouraging her to not stop moving.

She kissed him resuming her hips’ movements and he caressed her arms and shoulders softly.

His caresses seemed to work and she started to grew bolder as much as he seemed to get aroused.

After a while the kissing, grinding and caressing wasn't enough and Audrey’s eyes moved to the space between them where she could see his against her skin.

He was ready and she was too. He probably read her thoughts on her expression because he confirmed it, moving his fingers between her legs caressing her, bathing them in her wetness.

Without a word, in a silent agreement, he pulled her up and she placed her knees on the mattress on each side of him.

His gaze locked with hers and slowly she let herself fall down over him. He guided his inside her while she did it and after he was fully inside her and she was sitting over him again Audrey let herself breathe.

He was right. It felt different, it touched places inside her that it didn't before and even though she had an idea that it would be uncomfortable it wasn't at all.

All of her was burning and her skin was probably very red but Kibum didn't seem to mind, motionless under her as if he didn’t felt the ache, the urge to satisfy his desire, caressing the skin of her chest and down her s.

“Are you ready?” He whispered before he her tenderly.

“I think...I…yes.”

He offered her that teasing smile she loved so much but at the same time frustrated her and then moved his hips up making her slide over his length a little. It wasn't enough friction and both knew it but Kibum was expecting her to start moving also and she didn't. So he raised an eyebrow and Audrey placed her hands on the mattress awkwardly.

He chuckled grabbing her hands and placing them on his shoulder. “It's easier this way.”

“Ok.”

She didn't even want to find out why he knew that way was easier. Gi suddenly came to her mind but Audrey kicked her away.

She was the one there with him now.

He tilted his head wondering what she was thinking but didn't have time to ask because Audrey raised her body enough for her body to slide on his and then fall down again, making him bury inside her completely once again.

Only that made her moan and she moved her eyes to him.

“I told you it was good.”

She hide her face against his neck releasing a cute sound of embarrassment and he caressed her thighs laughing.

“It's ok. Enjoy it.” he run his fingers down her spine “You deserve it and…I’ll also enjoy it.”

She looked at him wondering what he meant when he said she deserved it, but Kibum kissed her making her quickly forget about it.

She deserved everything. After all she suffered, Audrey deserved all the happiness in the world.

Even if he couldn't give her much at least he could pleasure her and make her smile.

Audrey raised her hips again and this time he helped her, both finding a steady rhythm that satisfied both after a while.

Kibum let himself fall down on the bed and Audrey placed her hands on his chest, moving easier that way and faster. She closed her eyes, immersed in her own pleasure, on the way it felt to have him under her, inside her, that she completely forgot about everything around her.

He didn't mind that selfishness since she was pleasuring him also. Kibum caressed her face, tangling his fingers in her hair, admiring the way she was wildly moving over him now, lost in pleasure. She was so beautiful making love with him, much more than he pictured in his head, that he was deeply aroused with that vision.

Audrey came soon after, a violent tore through her making her lose strength on her arms, exhausted, falling over him.

Kibum wasn't done yet so it was his time to be selfish. He hugged her against him and rolled with her.

Audrey whimpered still sensitive from her , when he entered her and it was his time to enjoy being inside her and her time to admire him and caress him, which she did lazily, running her fingers on his chest, neck and face, tracing his lips and nose while he made love with her.

He groaned a few times from the pleasure and her actions and soon also came, rolling from over her to the side since both were burning hot.

Audrey touched the red skin of her chest staring at the ceiling, her mind completely empty, her heart filled with him and her body satisfied.

She couldn't believe she actually did that which made her giggle and Kibum turned his head to face her.

“Did you like it that much?” He asked amused and she nodded her head.

“I thinK I saw heaven for a while.”

He started to laugh with her observation until Audrey sat up on the bed seeming worried.

“What?”

She pulled the sheets away from over their bodies and touched the mattress below her, turning to him after and doing the same around his body.

“What’s wrong? What are you searching for?” He sat on the bed also and she sighed relieved picking up something from above his pillow.

It was her childhood picture that was forgotten when they started having .

“I thought I lost it.” He took it from her hands and looked at it.

“It's mine you know?” He placed it beside her face and compared the two Audrey’s, the real one with the one from the picture. “They are both mine.”

Audrey pushed him down on the bed and kissed him passionately. Kibum raised his arm that was holding the picture and kept it away safely.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Mina opened the door of her bedroom and peeked outside.

The last two days were crazy.

She was locked inside her bedroom with a big thug outside preventing her from trying to run away. She had to ask one of the kids in the neighborhood, from the window of her bedroom, to deliver a message to the grandma she used to help, asking her to take care of her brother for a few days. Luckily she had his meds in her bedroom and Mina was able to give it to the boy.

Then she tried to convince the thug outside to pity her just enough to trust her and let the door open for her. It was hard work but she managed after a while  with some seduction.

All the sacrifice was worth it. No one was outside her door and it was unlocked since the day before. She waited patiently fighting the urge to leave and search for Taemin and instead waited for this moment, the best time, when her father was busy.

Mina stepped outside of her bedroom and slowly walked down the stairs in the direction of the basement. She was sure Taemin was there since that's where her father took many of his enemies that he wanted to torture. Only the idea that Taemin was one of the many she heard scream down there, made her want to cry but she needed to stay strong. She was Taemin’s only hope, the only one that could take him out of there and after she confirmed that he was alive she was going to think about a plan to save him, and her brother and herself.

She hid against the wall holding her breath when her father crossed the hallway followed by two of his thugs coming from the basement and then like a feather she crossed the hallway and ran down the stairs to the basement.

It was hot and humid inside and she hesitated once she entered the small hallway. There were several doors and she had no idea where to go.

If she recalled correctly the biggest room was the one in the end so she walked in that direction, peeking over her shoulder once in awhile, following her intuition.

It wasn't as if they would hurt her if they found her there, but she was afraid they would use her to hurt him like her father did before.

Mina didn't step inside that room ever since her mother was killed there so she hesitated, her hand on the knob.

She saw it. She saw how her father pulled her mother by her hair and made her kneel in front of everyone.  She had tried to run away from him taking her young daughter - Mina - away with her but he found her. The traitor's punishment was death and even if The King liked her mother - maybe even loved her in his sick twisted way - he had to be a leader in front of his men, he had to kill her.

That's what he did, a shoot to her head just in front of his daughter that watched the scene petrified.

After that day Mina told herself that her mother died because she was sick. And in a way she was, defying by his side in a way that death was a sweet liberation.

Mina no longer tried to love that arrogant, violent man that she had to call father, she started to hate him above everyone else.

The King’s daughter opened the door and stepped inside quickly closing it after herself.

The room was different from what she remembered and a big cage was suspended from the ceiling in the middle of it resembling a huge bird’s cage. A man was inside it as if he was truly a hurt bird, laying on the floor of the cage seeming inanimate, his arm stretched above his head, two of his fingers grabbing the grate of the cage.

She approached it slowly knowing that it was Taemin. She couldn't mistake that black hair, nor his body nor the clothes he was wearing the day he was captured.

Mina kneeled in front of the cage and caressed his fingers that softened the hold on the grate

Slowly he moved his head and she was able to see his red bruised cheeks, his hurt bloody lips and his swollen eyes which made it hard for him to open them.

He did, so slowly, looking at her lifeless as if he didn't recognize her and Mina covered trying to fight the tears which was impossible to do so.

Although he was looking like that his eyes were suddenly gaining life as if he was slowly realizing who was in front of him and he looked warmly at her.

For a moment she thought she was imagining it, mixing the way her mother looked at her before dying with his gaze.

“What did they do to you?!” She whispered leaning her head against the cold grating of the cage.

Taemin blinked his eyes slowly and flinched in pain, his fingers under hers moving.

She moved them over his, caressing him in the only way she could and he fixed is gaze on her again.

“Taemin speak to me. Can you see me?”

He didn't answer pulling his fingers away and closing his eyes again.

“Taemin please. Are you thirsty? Hungry? I might be able to give you something.” She could steal some food and bring it to him.

“Taemin speak to me.”

“He won't.”

Her father’s voice made her stand up from the floor and she turned around in fear.

The monster that haunted her dreams all those years was in front of her.

“What did you do to him?”

“He is ok. Just sedated. It’s to help him rest. He has…busy nights.”

“Busy?”

“Taemin is my new  training dummy. I’m using him to train my men.”

“You are not human…” Mina mumbled, tears falling down her cheek “You are a monster.”

“Yes I think I am.“ He walked closer to her and she stepped back her back hitting the cage. “But I’m not that bad. I don’t let anyone go too far with him. I treat his wounds, I give him food and water. I’m educating him to be mine. And once he is tamed I can even give him to you. Am I not a nice father?!”

“I hate you. You are not my father.”

“I know you hate me, but even if you don’t like it you have my blood and I promised your mother I would protect you. I always fulfill my promises, I’m a man of word. You know that.”

She did. She saw him kill her mother in front of her.

“You hate me but you love your brother and you love that man inside the cage. If you stay by my side, if you help me as an ally I’ll let both live. I can protect both. I’ll pay for your brother’s treatments. Hell, I’ll let that useless kid stay here.”

She sniffed cleaning the tears from her cheeks eyeing him suspiciously.

“If you become a good daughter you don’t have to let yourself get d for you to come and see Ace.” He knew about what she had to let that thug do for him to open the door to her. “Don’t worry I cut his hand already. No one takes advantage of my daughter like that.” He smiled softly, almost warmly. “If you become a good daughter I’ll even move Ace to your room so he can you instead. Think about it little mouse.”

Little mouse… she hated it.

“Will you think about it?”

Ever since she lost her mother the only thing that kept her alive was her hate towards her father. In a way she wasn't much different from Taemin and that was probably why there was a magnet force pulling them to each other even if they didn't know about it.

Then her father that poor girl and her brother was born. He was so small, so innocent that she promised herself that she would always protect him. He did not wish to be born into that world having that monster as a father. He had the same curse she did.

Her brother became her second reason to survive and then…

Then Taemin came along and going to college wasn't only a way to run away from her reality, to pretend to be like everybody else, a way to find a good job someday to pay for her brother’s healthcare. Going to college meant seeing him, teasing him, studying him, loving him.

That mysterious man was hiding something. He was like her. Taemin was also pretending that he was like everybody else.

They were one of a kind. She didn't know how similar they were though, how they lived for the same objective - kill her father.

Destiny was a funny thing.

“Mina, will you try and help your father? For the ones you love?”

He was turning the blade inside her open wound, the one he made when he took away the first person she loved - her mother.

“Yes. I will.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“What’s this?” Jinki asked after reading the fancy blue card, even though he knew exactly what it was.

“It’s a silly invitation.” Jonghyun answered sitting on the couch of his living room and Mi Jung growned.

“It’s not silly. It’s a big honor.”

Jinki sighed and read the card out loud. “The South Korea Center for the Study of Social Movements cordially invites you to attend our annual ball at Jeju Island. We are honored to present you with the Social Justice Activist Award due to your outstanding work in the defence of human rights, inspiring everyone with your speeches and novels, being an example to our generation and the next to come.” Jinki paused and looked at Jonghyun with a huge smile making him look away embarrassed.

“It’s just an award.” Jonghyun lied to himself. Yes he received some before but they were connected to his books and not with his work as an activist. That was a huge honor, a big award, usually given to older citizens and it was being offered to him that didn't even reach his 30’s.

“It’s not!” Mi Jung said angrily. “You deserve it. If anyone deserves it it’s you.”

There was so much passion in her words that Jinki giggled.

“What is the problem? Why don't you want to go?”

That was obvious the reason Mi Jung called Jinki. She wanted him to help her convince Jonghyun to go.

“I have other responsibilities. It’s a ball….”

Mi Jung groaned and before she could start arguing with Jonghyun Jinki pulled her to the door.

“Let me talk with him.” He whispered to her.

“Why is he being so stubborn. We know he wants that award very much.”

“Yes we do but let me talk with him. You aren't helping, screaming with him.”

“I wasn't screaming.” She whispered back and Jonghyun peeked at them talking, having an idea of what the subject was.

“You would scream if I didn't pull you away.”

It was true. She would, but only because she knew how much he deserved that, how selfless and good he was to the point that she knew that he didn't want to travel to Jeju Island and was giving up on the award for something honorable like staying for the team.

“Let me do this.” Jinki said softly and Mi Jung walked away leaving them alone.

“She is angry with me.” Jonghyun said leaning against the couch. He also felt a little angry with himself.

“She is.” Jinki sat in the couch in front of him and picked up the blue card again. “This is huge and don’t even try to deny it. Ever since I met you, you always speak up for others that weren't strong enough to do it. This is a big Thank You gift that you should accept with a smile. It would make all of us very happy.”

Since they met in recess when they were little kids Jinki knew that Jonghyun was aimed to do big things. He stayed by his side until he was strong enough to fight for himself. He spoke up for the others that couldn't do it and he kept doing it even after he became an adult and joined SM.

Mi Jung was right. If someone truly deserved that award it was him and hell even if the team had to drag him to that ball, he was going.

“I am the leader. SHINee needs me now.”

He knew it. Jonghyun was placing the team in front of his interests.

“You always stayed by our side, helping us have a private life beside our agent one. I remember very well how you covered for me when I was falling for Areum. You also supported Taemin when he decided to go to college, covering for him on his missions so he could have time to study; you covered for Kibum when we had that mission and he wanted to be under cover so he could meet his ex and then with Minho... “ Jinki leaned forward. “You helped him get out from a slump and you are the brother he never had.” Jinki looked at the blue card. “It’s our time now. You are going to this ball and we will be ok. “

“Aish Jinki I don’t know. Director Oh…”

“I’ll take care of her. You always say I’m a second leader don’t you?” Jonghyun tilted his head thinking. “ Don’t worry. Dress up, take Mi Jung and Bora and go have fun. You deserve this!”

Jonghyun seemed to think it through and Jinki smiled knowing that he was giving in.

“I don’t feel comfortable in a suit.”

“But you do look handsome with that black one.”

“The one Mi Jung made?”

“Yes. I think she would be really happy if you wore it at such a big moment of your life.”

Jonghyun smiled to himself. “Yes she would.”

Jinki gave the invitation back to Jonghyun. “Well, what are you waiting for?! Go get ready. For what it says in that invitation, the party will be in Jeju. You have a plane to catch.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Nana pushed the wheelchair with Minho in it on the stone path. It was the first time she was taking him for a walk outside with her. She felt that they were becoming closer and closer and she was thankful to Sooman for letting her stay at his place and let her take care of Minho.

“Funny.” Minho said after a while. “A few weeks ago it was Kibum using this wheelchair. This house looks more and more like a hospital.”

“You will soon leave it as well. It's more like a precaution for you not to get too tired. “

It wasn't as if he couldn't walk. Soon he would be be able to slowly get back to a normal life.

He didn't say anything and she kept pushing him down the path, her eyes on the trees above her more than in the way in front of her. They were safe now, she no longer needed to be alert, she could dare to appreciate the view around her.

It felt good to be free and Nana closed her eyes feeling the soft breeze touching her skin, hearing the sound of the birds above and of the leaves being crushed under her feet.

Minho’s voice interrupted the moment. “I’m sorry.”

“What?” She stopped pushing the chair and leaned forward to peek at him and he turned his head slightly to try and look at her but it pained him so she walked around the chair to face him.

“I said I’m sorry. I wasn’t able to say it before.“ He bit his lower lip avoiding the bruise he had in the corner of it. “I was embarrassed to say it before but I’m sorry.”

“For?”

“For the way I treated you.”

Nana hugged herself. She didn't expect an apology coming from him when she was the one who had so much to apologize for. She couldn't even remember the last time someone actually said that they were sorry towards her for something. At least not that honestly.

“I’m sorry.” He repeated again looking at her with his boyish expression that she loved.

“Please stop.” She begged him. “You don't have to say that you are sorry, not when I was the one that tricked you from the start.”

He didn't say anything.

“I pretended to be someone I wasn’t to get closer to you.”

“Did you ever lie about loving orange juice? About your favorite color being yellow? About wanting to live by the sea?”

He remembered all that even though she broke his heart.

“No. I meant all that.”

“Did you lie when you said you loved me?”

“No.”

He smiled softly, pleased with her answer and she felt a urge to kiss him but was afraid to do so.

“Did you lie when you kissed me, when you touched me?”

“No, of course not.”

“Then….” He took a deep breath and looked at her “Hello.”

Nana widened her eyes confused and he nodded his head. “I’m Minho. I had an accident and that’s why I don't look my best right now.”

“What?”

“Can you tell me your name?” He asked seeming to ignore her confusion.

“Park Nana.”

“No, your real name.”

She didn't say her real name in such a long time that she was almost afraid to say it out loud. Park Nana was the name they gave her after she was sold to The Union. She never told anyone about her birth name but somehow Minho seemed to know.

“How did you find out?”

“They change the girls’ names. I've been working in this field for a few years now. I fell in love with a woman that saw her life being stolen by one of those organizations so of course I know how they work. Because of her I found a way to help so many people, I value myself so much more now. I’m more than my parents’ son, and I think I found my place in this world.”

“Why are you being like this?!” She complained turning around cleaning her teary eyes and Minho waited for her to calm down.

“Park Ayeong.” She answered with a shaky voice as if she was afraid that saying it out loud would make everything that happened to her repeated once again.

“Perfect.” Minho hummed in thought. “Beautiful, brave and it also comes from petal or leaf…”

“Yes.” She turned around to face him.

“It fits you. A beautiful, brave and free woman.” He smiled brightly at her as if that was the first moment they met. “It’s nice to meet you. I hope we can become close.”

Oh please.” She laughed making him laugh with her and then covered trying to contain her emotions.

He was doing that so they could start anew, so she could start a new life leaving Nana behind. Could she be only Park Ayeong?

He was adorable and she couldn't care if he pushed her away. Nana…no…Ayeong squatted in front of his chair and leaned forward kissing him.

It was a quick kiss and finished almost as soon as it started. Ayeong pulled back blushing like a teenager after her first kiss and Minho grabbed her arm. That was truly Ayeong’s first kiss.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn't have.”

“You should.” He said before pulling her to him, this time he was the one initiating the kiss. Minho cupped her face so softly as if she was fragile and he tasted her tears on her lips. “You really should.” He whispered against her lips.

“I was very obvious last time when I asked you about marrying and having kids but you completely ignored me.”

Ayeong almost fall on her and Minho giggled when she stood up a little lost in her feelings.

“With me? Really? I mean…”

“I know we just met but…” They both laughed. “But I feel like I know you for a long time, from another life.” She covered laughing. “And I know, you are the one for me. We are meant to be together. Even our names sound so beautiful together: Minho and Ayeong.”

He grabbed her hand and her eyes welled up with tears once again.

“I don’t care who you were in a past life. I said so before. I was hurt because you lied to me but what happened to you in the past is not your fault. None of it.” He squeezed her hand and she looked away trying to stop crying. “I want to make you happy. I want to show you what it feels like to be loved by a man, with no second intentions. I want to take you out on dates and do everything you never had a chance to dream about doing with a boyfriend.” He his lips “It’s not too late. Let me love you Ayeong.” He smiled. “I really like your name.”

She didn't answer, instead she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him in a weird position since he was in the chair. He stood up carefully and hugged her properly.

Even if his body hurt he was never that happy.

He didn't lie when he said that he finally felt like he was in the right place, like he had a place in the world at last.

He had a family that even though they didn't share the same blood with him loved him nonetheless; he had an objective in life, he was helping out and his modeling career was doing well; he learned to forgive his parents shortcomings and he had her.

Minho closed his eyes hugging Ayeong tightly. He thought he would never be able to do that, that he would never be able to know her.

Their nightmare was ending finally and he had high hopes for their future.

“I love you Minho.” She whispered against his shoulder and he kissed her neck.

“I love you too Ayeong.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“So, why am I doing this?” Jonghyun asked eyeing his watch. Mi Jung was probably pissed at him since he was supposed to be helping her packing for their trip to Jeju Island.

Kibum thumped his fingers on the table impatiently.

“Just do it.”

Jonghyun was analyzing a liquid inside a bottle of medicine that Kibum gave him. It was being made in all secrecy since Kibum asked him and not one of their lab techs. What Jonghyun didn't understand was why he didn’t ask Jinki when he was the best one in the lab.

“Hum.” Jonghyun mumbled reading the sheet of paper that came out from the analyzing machine.

“So?” Kibum wasn’t good at chemistry so that was all an alien language to him in the most part. He was only good at languages and art “Is it poisonous?”

“No, not really. It isn't the normal composition of the medicine though.”

“Can’t you be more specific about what it has?”

Jonghyun frowned at Kibum. “I would be if you helped me understand what you are searching inside this bottle of medicine.”

Kibum didn't answer and Jonghyun crossed his arms in front of his chest. “I’m not a pro Kibum, if you truly need someone good at this ask Jinki.”

“I can’t. He can't know yet.”

Jonghyun’s curiosity was flared up. He knew that whatever that bottle had inside it was related to something personal to Kibum. But if it involved Jinki also then Jonghyun wanted to know.

“Ok Kibum tell me.”

“This bottle was given by Director Oh to Areum and lately she wanted Audrey to take it too.”

Jonghyun widened his eyes and turned his chair in the direction of the desk again. He grabbed the sheet of paper and read it with more attention. Now he knew what to search for.

“She didn't try to poison them but you said that it didn't look normal either.”

“It doesn’t’ and now it all makes sense.” Jonghyun groaned and turned to Kibum again. “I hate that woman.”

“What did she do?” Kibum was worried now.

“Well now we know why Jinki isn't a dad yet. Director Oh probably smashed some contraceptive pills and mixed it with the medicine.”

“You gotta be kidding me!”

“No.” Jonghyun checked the paper sheet again. “Better not tell Jinki yet. He truly wanted kids. If he finds this out I don't think he will be happy. Also such a big amount of contraception pills. Not sure this is healthy.” He rubbed his chin thinking.

“That ing !” Kibum sat in the chair beside Jonghyun. “Why did she do this? Why give it to Audrey too?”

“Well she doesn't want Jinki to have kids clearly.”

“She must hate him very much! Well all of us.” Kibum said trying to make some sense into all that. She tried to end the team, she tried to kill Minho, and now that. Why all that hate?!

“Well Jinki always wanted to have a family. So she is trying to destroy that I guess. But Audrey too…”

“Hum.” Kibum suddenly stood up from the chair. “She doesn't hate me nor the team. She hates Jinki. A family and the team are everything to him! And she hates Audrey too! She did ever since the first time she entered this house and I was so blind to see that!”

“Kibum…” Jonghyun’s alarmed expression was all the confirmation Kibum needed. It all made sense to him. Director Oh also knew something he didn’t. “Jinki is probably due to some crush that woman has on him but Audrey, Audrey is special.”

“Kibum please stop!” Jonghyun stood up also but Kibum wasn't listening to him anymore connecting all dots inside his head.

“, Jonghyun! Sooman didn't take her out from that orphanage because he was protecting her, because he was trying to keep her away from all this, from people like Director Oh. And that knows who she is and…” He couldn't bare to know that someone could hurt Audrey and he had no way to stop it since he had no idea what that secret was. “You have to tell me Jonghyun! I need to know what I am dealing with so I can protect her!”

Jonghyun paled. “If I tell you, you can’t tell anyone until the right time comes. Not even Audrey. You will have to keep it from her and you saw how secrets almost destroyed Jinki’s relationship. Do you truly want that?”

“I can't lie to her!” Kibum mumbled to himself. He already felt extremely guilty because he was omitting what he knew already. No, he couldn't know about it if he wasn't able to tell her.

“I know. I'm sorry Kibum. I also wish I could tell it to everyone. It would be so much easier.”

“I want to protect her.” He almost decided on lying to her and make her hate him as long as he could protect her.

“You will. We will. She isn’t here only because of Aeon you know?! She belongs here. This is her home also.”

“Sooman adopted her too?”

“Well he didn't on paper, but he watched her from afar for years. He paid her studies, he protected her. She was the reason he placed us on the Aeon mission.”

“We were chosen for the mission because of her?” Kibum asked.

“He couldn't trust anyone else. Audrey couldn't get hurt. She is the one he could never truly save.” Jonghyun sighed. “You know how he saved Jinki and Taemin. Audrey was meant to be saved to.”

“But he placed her in that orphanage to protect her.”

“Well kind of. He said he made a promise to her mother.”

“Are they alive? Her parents?”

“No.”

“She has a family member alive, a grandma. Where is she?”

Jonghyun bit his lower lip. “I can't tell you more but Kibum, all I know about Audrey is like a big knot inside my chest. I can't wait for the time I can reveal it. ”

Knowing a secret about a person close to you and not being able to tell it was like a curse. It was better if Kibum didn't know it for now.

“Should we tell Jinki or Sooman about the medicine and Doctor Oh?” Jonghyun wondered.

“No, not yet. I need to think about our next step. We don't want to spook her.” Kibum said. “We want her to keep thinking that she is safe, that we don’t suspect anything. If we tell them they will confront her for sure and she will leave the house. We need to keep our enemies close.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Jinki pushed the door of the house that one day would be his and Areum’s and they entered the living room.

“What’s all this rush?” She asked when he pushed her to the small couch where she sat over a blue pillow.

“You spent a lot of time with Bora and Audrey today. I miss you!” He sat over the couch beside her and kissed her, making her lay down on the couch with him over her.

Areum hummed against his lips wrapping her arms around his neck and he did the same around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

“Bora is not around anymore.” Areum mumbled once he let her breathe. “She went with Jonghyun and Mi Jung and Audrey is busy also.”

He ran a finger down her neck to her collarbones and down between her s over her clothes.

“We are also busy now.”  He  d her and then kissed her again, sneaking a hand under her blouse, caressing her skin making her tremble with pleasure under him.

“Remember during our honeymoon when I pushed you against the wall of the hotel?”

She kissed his neck before answering. “Yes…”

He pulled her blouse over her head and kissed her again intensely before grabbing her hands to pull her off from the couch with him. “I almost had with you then.”

“Yes…” She nodded pulling his sweater up and helping him take it off.

“I want to try it now!” He swiftly grabbed her by her waist and pushed her against the wall of the living room. He moved his hands down her sides and under her skirt that he pulled up caressing her thighs, he spread her legs with his own and then caressed her over her making her moan.

“We had this morning…” She whispered rubbing her nose and lips against his cheek and he turned his face to kiss her passionately, his fingers caressing her where she needed him.

“Don't you want to do it now?” He asked between kisses. Their honeymoon phase was slowly ending but they were still very ually active.

She bit his lower lip which aroused him more and he pulled her up so she could wrap her legs around him.

They kissed again and he run his fingers on her back holding her against him while he tried to unclasp her bra.

Areum hold on into him and tried to help him when a huge siren was heard.

Jinki released her immediately and she looked at him confused wondering what that huge sound that looked like an alarm of some sort reverberated outside.

“What’s happening?”

He grabbed his sweater from the floor and gave it to her before laying down on the floor.

“Jinki?” He pulled a gun from under the couch and gave it to her.

“You know how to use a gun right?” She widened her eyes confused.

“Why do I need a gun? What is this sound?” He made her dress up his sweater and then he calmly explained to her that that was the alarm of the property. It meant someone entered it without authorization. In other words they were either being attacked or had an intruder.

“What should we do?” She asked looking out the window biting her lower lip afraid.

“You stay here hidden and use the gun if needed.” He quickly showed her what to do, now regretting a little why he didn't teach her how to fire a gun properly and then pulled her down hiding behind the couch.

When he stood up and turned to leave she grabbed his leg stopping him. “Oh no. You aren't going outside alone.” Areum stubbornly stood up. “I told you I would never let go of your hand or you or whatever.”

He patiently rubbed her shoulders and made her look at him. “It's better if you stay here. You will be safe. The house is locked. They might need me outside. I need to find out what is happening. Who entered the property and…”

“I know who entered the property. “Areum said suddenly her eyes on something behind Jinki and he turned around.

A woman with purple hair had just entered the house. Her clothes were wet as if she came out from a lake. She had a stun gun in her hand and seemed a bit disoriented and scared.

Jinki took the gun from Areum’s hand and pointed it at the woman immediately, positioning himself protectively in front of Areum.

“Who are you?”

“Please don’t shoot!” The woman let the gun fall to the floor and opened her arms defenseless. “It’s only me. I came alone. I hurt a guard outside but it’s only a stun gun.”

Jinki frowned wondering how a woman with only a stun gun was able to enter the property without any help.

“Who are you?” He asked again.

The woman didn’t answer her eyes on Areum that was rubbing her arm nervously. Something seemed to have caught her attention and she stepped towards Areum only to be stopped by Jinki that pointed the gun at the woman’s head.

“If you take another step I’ll kill you.”

The woman raised her finger and pointed at Areum’s wrist. “Where did you get that bracelet?”

Areum blinked her eyes pulling the sleeve of Jinki’s sweater up revealing the bracelet Taemin gave to her properly.

Jinki didn't’ say anything, watching the woman with purple hair suspiciously.

“That belongs to Taemin. That’s his lucky charm, his rosary.”

“You know Taemin?” Jinki’s hand wavered and the woman with purple hair focused her attention on the shirtless man with a gun now.

“Are you…?” She looked from Areum to Jinki. “Are you his sister and brother in law or…?”

“I’m his sister in law.” Areum explained pushing Jinki slightly that was slowly lowering his gun “And you are?”

“I’m Mina. You have to help me.” She turned to Jinki. “You are his brother then? You are an agent like him right?” She cried out, her eyes filling with tears and she took a deep breath as if she was relieved. “I’m glad I met you before they caught me.” She looked desperate but still Jinki didn't react not trusting her completely.

“Who are you?” She didn’t answer yet and Jinki asked again.

“I’m Mina...I’m…” She bit her lower lip. “He didn’t tell you my name? Of course he didn't.” It made sense. He was so private about his life. “I’m his girlfriend.” She blushed slightly after saying it and Jinki finally let his defenses lower down.

“What are you doing here? Do you know what happened to him?”

“I do. I know where he is. You have to help me take him out of there before it’s too late.”

“Where is he now?” Areum asked over the sound of the sirenes that now sounded ridiculous, too exaggerated, when the intruder was a woman with purple hair that looked very inoffensive. How did she even enter?!

“In a dungeon, in the basement of my father’s house.”Mina said too fast, tripping over the urgency of the moment, wanting them to take action immediately and make the questions after. The longer Taemin stayed inside the dungeon the worse his condition would be.

“Is he alive? Is he ok?” Jinki asked in a haste.

Mina shook her head. “He is weak. I can speak with him a few times during the day, but they drug him and I can’t take him out alone.”

“Ok.” Jinki seemed a bit lost and started walking to the door before he came back and grabbed Areum’s hand and invited the sudden guest to follow him. “Come with us. You can make a map for us and we will go. We will save him.”

“No. Before that.” Mina grabbed his arm desperately. “You need to protect my brother. I- I have a little brother. He is only a kid and I’m sure my dad will hurt him if he finds out I’m here. Please, I beg you, protect him.”

“We will.“ Areum said immediately turning to Jinki. “Right?”

Jinki nodded and Areum helped Mina sit on the couch instead. “Jinki will tell everyone that you are here and there is nothing to worry about and then we can think about a plan to save Taemin.” Areum raised her eyes from Mina that was now sitting on the couch trembling, since she was drenched and the adrenaline was slowly leaving her body to Jinki that stood at the door a little lost watching the scene.

Areum hurried to walk to him and caressed his chest. “Call the main house and please calm down. We can’t rush things. We need to think about a way to do this without putting anyone in danger.”

She was right. He was already willing to pick up a gun and go out hunting for Mina's father so he could save his brother, but Areum was right and for once she was the voice of reason, the one not acting on impulse. He looked at her grateful and kissed her hand.

It was interesting how much she has grown ever since she found out about his life as an agent and what happened to Audrey. She was now the one taking care of everyone in the house, making him slow down and making clever decisions.

She ran to the kitchen next and Jinki grabbed his cellphone from his pants’ pocket and called Kibum in the main house.

Areum came out soon after with a glass of water that she gave to Mina that drank it trembling.

“You are going to help me right?” She asked after drinking the whole glass almost in one go.

“Of course we are. Taemin is our family too.” Areum sat beside her and Mina touched the bracelet on her wrist. “He gave it to me before leaving.” Areum smiled gently at Mina and she felt safer now that she was there surrounded by people that loved Taemin. That girl with a beautiful smile and dimples on her cheeks was the owner of the cat pillow that she treasured so much that was now with her little brother. “He said that it would protect me and the baby I would give Jinki someday.”

Jinki.” Mina turned to glance at the shirtless man now talking with someone on the phone “Taemin mumbled his name several times.” She turned to Areum again. “That’s when I had the idea to come. I asked him about how to enter the mansion. He didn't want to tell me at first but he did in the end.”

Areum laughed now understanding how it happened. For sure the Ace had a secret way of entering his father’s property. “You probably should tell us that way after. We seriously need to reinforce the security.”

Mina smiled slightly and Areum grabbed her hand warming it up, gently caressing her hand. “Later, once Taemin is safe, I’m sure he would like to give this bracelet to someone else.”

She meant her and Mina never felt so well around someone she never met before.

Areum seemed to be a very warm person and somehow gullible. The fact that Jinki was so eager to find his brother and influenced by his wife he was lead to trust Mina too quickly.

Mina was surprised at how easy it was to convince them of her good intentions. After all they didn’t know her, she could be posing as Taemin's girlfriend and entered Sooman’s house with another intention.

Areum was so close to Mina that she could simply grab her by her neck and use her to threaten Jinki that was too focused on his phone call to even notice it until it was too late.

It would be so easy. Their affection for Taemin and eagerness to want to save him was blinding their judgement.

Mina’s father asked her to be his ally and she agreed to do so and that was why she was there.

She was the person Taemin trusted the most and therefore his family would trust her also.

The King knew about her leaving the house. She told him about it, about her intentions to enter Sooman’s property, posing as Taemin’s scared girlfriend. He was also the one who gave her the stun gun.

“Who is he calling?” Mina asked watching Jinki that finished the phone call and walked to them.

“We should go to the main house.” He turned to Areum “Sooman wants to talk with her.”

It was all so easy.

Everything was going according to the plan she traced with the King.

Protecting Taemin and her brother from her father was top priority and for them Mina was willing to do anything.

“Let’s meet him then!”

 

2gt96ip.jpg

Hi!

I'm back!^^

Tell me what you think about the chapter ~