Mission XXV - Conclusion 1

Perfectly Dangerous

Secret Agents Dictionary:

Conclusion I - the end or finish of an event, process, or text.


 

- In a future not far away -

 

A black van stopped by the impressive black gate that separated Lee Sooman’s property from the outside world. Two armed agents were on the right side but they barely moved. Only the one in the left approached the van.

Even though they seemed relaxed laughing about something, the driver of the van knew that they were being watched. If they suspected anything they would act and she wouldn't be able to leave the property.

The guard stopped waiting for the driver to open the window and he greeted her politely.

“I didn't know you would leave today.”

The driver smiled trying to act normal. “It’s a top-secret mission. Not many know about it.”

The guard moved his eyes to the back of the van and for a moment the driver feared that he would ask to see what was inside.

Hopefully, he would think it was weapons or some secret materials and would let her pass.

“What happened to your head?”

She laughed touching the bandage on her head“Nothing serious. I fell off the stairs. Crazy.”

The man nodded not seeming to suspect anything. It was usual to see agents injured anyway “Very well. Have a safe trip.”

“I will, thank you.”

She closed up the window and drove down the road, keeping an eye on the side mirror, the black gate fading into the distance.

Soon everyone would notice what she did. It wasn't supposed to happen that way or that soon. She wanted to say goodbye properly and her heart ached even though she was proud that she managed to do what many tried before. She had the most important cargo in the back of her van and was sure many people inside the mansion agreed with her.

She sniffed rubbing her cheek, her hands trembling.

He was going to be so upset with her when he found out about how she stole the most precious treasure he had. He would probably kill her as soon as he was able to. She saw him mad before. He could be gentle but he was the kind to die or kill for someone he loved.

She only wanted to be on the list of the ones he loved. Maybe with time, he would understand that what she was doing was to protect him. It was the only way to keep him alive and safe from her cousin.

She felt as if she was in a limbo.

In one side she was getting closer to the revenge she wanted but on the other side, she was going to hurt the person she loved the most, the ones that cared for her in the past.

Director Oh was between hell and heaven.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

- Present Day -

 

Areum pretended to be interested in the books on the shelf of the living room but instead she was peeking at her husband that was wandering around the whole room clearly anxious and nervous.

Minho seemed to be the only one relaxed, reading a baby's magazine - that belonged to Areum - with a curious expression.

“So…” Areum sat beside Minho trying to make small talk and lighten the mood “Jonghyun is recovering well. Everyone is finally getting the rest they need.”

“True.” Minho answered turning the magazine to the side trying to understand what was in the picture.

“You use that to wash the baby bottles.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Do you want to be a father someday?”

Minho blushed slightly turning the page of the magazine “Yes, I do.”

“You will be great with kids.” Areum giggled “Bora adores you, you are so patient with her.”

Silence fell into the room again and Areum bit her lower lip nervously following Jinki with her eyes.

“Where is Kibum?”

Even though she directed the question to Jinki, Minho was the one that answered. “I think he went to his place to pick up his dogs.”

“He has dogs?” Areum never heard of them.

“Yes, two.” Minho lowered the magazine to look at Areum “He is bringing them here to show them to Audrey and because he spends too long away from them. It’s better that they stay here.”

“This house is so big. Soo much space for pets.” She rubbed her knees “So many people live here. It was always me and my parents and I didn't’ have more relatives so having a big family feels so different, so warm.”

Minho nodded “And soon another one.”

Areum rubbed her tummy smiling. As soon as she got the pregnancy test she asked for Mi Jung she would be certain of what she already suspected. She was pregnant and she couldn't wait to tell Jinki with no doubts. She raised her eyes to him, however, he wasn't even looking at them, still watching the entrance of the living room, waiting for Taemin.

After what happened, an emergency meeting was announced and Taemin and Mina were inside discussing with the high members of SM what was going to happen to him and Mina.

“Mina's brother is very smart too. Yesterday I got to speak with him outside and he is such a good kid. Sadly, Mina told me that he is sick.”

“I’m sure that he will be able to get better here.” Areum believed “It’s a peaceful place and you are surrounded by nature and he can finally have the right treatments away from that awful man.”

Minho nodded and then closed the magazine, leaning back on the couch instead. He seemed so calm, unlike Jinki. Minho probably thought that SM would let that go.

Jinki closed his eyes tight and seemed troubled with something.

“Does your head hurt?” Areum asked worried.

“No, I’m just...I’m tired I can’t think.”

That was the cue they needed to end their conversation. Instead, Minho sent Areum a complacent look and she sulked observing Jinki on the other side of the room.

Much to their relief Taemin entered the room then.

“What did they say?” Jinki asked immediately.

“They won't punish me, I didn't shoot.” Jinki scoffed at that knowing it was a lie “ And they won't punish Mina either. Everyone agreed she acted in the heat of the moment, and it was her decision, and either way, he would die anyway.”

Jinki sighed relieved “Still what were you thinking? You know what could have happened? You could have been kicked out or worse! You don't kill someone inside SM headquarters like that, breaking all the rules and…”

“Jinki, calm down.” Minho tried to interrupt.

“Calm down? He almost ruined his life because of a…”

“A revenge? A woman?” Taemin asked with a blank expression “I'm not that different from you.” He smiled sadly “Is that why you are so upset? Because you could be here in my place if that man killed your parents and Mina was Areum instead?”

“IT’S DIFFERENT!” Jinki screamed much to Areum’s and Minho’s surprised that didn't think he was that upset.

“You did the craziest things for her and you gave SM all your life. You know it's not different.”How could Taemin look so calm after Jinki’s outburst?

Jinki’s expression softened “I care about you…I asked you to not do anything crazy and yet…”

“You told me to live my life. Well, I’m living it now.” Taemin‘s lips moved into a weak smile “I'm sorry I acted recklessly in your eyes but it happened not because I wanted to but because she needed it. You know you would have done the same. I'm sorry I made you worried. But I'm truly following your advice. Last night was the first time I could actually sleep well.”

“He can't help but act like a kid.” Minho intervened rubbing Taemin's hair that slapped his hand away. Minho ignored the mood and wrapped an arm around both men’s shoulders “We get it. Jinki is acting like the worried older brother and Taemin is the rebellious young brother. We could film a drama.”

Jinki untangled himself from Minho “I have work to do, so excuse me.” He left the room and Areum was going to follow him but Minho grabbed her and pulled her back against Taemin.

“You two stay here and I'll talk with him. This is nothing. He is more upset with himself than anything.”

“I know.” Taemin nodded.

Minho left so Areum turned to Taemin looking for answers.

“Jinki is very protective when it comes to people he loves.” Since Areum didn't seem to get it he added: “He is upset because he thinks he failed to protect me twice.”

It made sense to her now. He was always so angry with her when she did reckless things. Maybe he was more angry with himself for not being able to protect her like he wanted to. Jinki was an idiot, a very sweet idiot.

“He will be ok later. Minho will annoy him for a while about it and he will calm down.”

She nodded “When you love someone you can't help but be upset when that person doesn't take proper care of themselves. Right?”

Taemin shrugged his shoulders like a kid and then sat on the couch, placing the crutches by his side and rubbed his legs tiredly.

Areum took the bracelet he gave her from her wrist and offered it back to him.

“I’m safe now. I’m here with Jinki and everyone else and also you. So you should have it. Give it to someone special.” After all, she was in the safest place ever right? Areum blinked her eye at Taemin and then left him alone looking at the rosary bracelet in his hand.

He chuckled closing his hand. Mina would look so good with it.

6ga3j8.jpg

Bora placed a big red toy block over the tower she was making with her father.

Jonghyun placed both his hands on the tower so it wouldn't fall.

“Bora do you want to have a brother?”

The little girl looked at Jonghyun suspiciously which made him chuckle. She looked so cute with two ponytails and a pink dress - his little princess.

“Is mommy pregnant?”

“Not yet, but daddy and mommy asked the stars in the sky to send us another baby and…”

“Stars don't give babies daddy.” Bora shook her head in disbelief. “Everyone knows that babies come from mommy and daddy seeds after they kiss a lot. And they have to sleep together and kiss in bed for it to happen.”

Jonghyun couldn't believe that his little princess had that knowledge “W-who told you that?” Who dared to corrupt her innocence?

Bora didn't seem flustered at all that but Jonghyun was.

“Uncle Kibum explained it to me when I asked how aunt Areum was going to have a baby.” Bora shrugged her shoulders “I mean she couldn't ask from the stars cos they are dead people after all. Grandma is in the sky right?” Bora took a deep breath “So I was confused and he told me. Makes total sense since she keeps kissing uncle Jinki. So, of course, she is going to have a baby.”

Jonghyun let himself fall on the floor beside his daughter in disbelief. He couldn't blame her for being confused about all that star nonsense and even though he wanted to kill Kibum he was thankful too that he was the one who had the hard task to give his daughter an explanation.

“Why, is it a lie?” She asked since her father wasn't speaking.

Jonghyun frowned rubbing his neck “It’s not really a lie. There are some details here and there that…” Bora was looking at him with a blank face “Forget it. Your mom will explain to you when you are 16...well better be at 20.”

She would be forever his little girl.

“Details?” Bora furrowed her brow and Jonghyun started to get nervous. That was really not the time to explain to her.

“Your mom…”

“Me?” Luckily Mi Jung entered Bora’s bedroom then, grabbing some toys from the floor and throwing them into a big yellow toy box. “What about me?”

“Nothing important for now.” He tried to divert the conversation and Mi Jung sat beside him kissing his lips.

Bora looked from one of her parents to the other.

Mi Jung shrugged and then planted a wet kiss on her daughter's cheek that pushed her away rubbing her cheek.

“No mommy that's disgusting!”

“Daddy doesn't mind!” Mi Jung daughter and Jonghyun sent her a weird look.

“What?” Mi Jung had no idea what was going on.

“That's because you are going to have babies so you have to kiss.”

Mi Jung blinked her eyes confused “Ok what is happening here?”

“Bora knows that babies come from kissing and she wants a little brother.” Jonghyun explained.

“I never said I wanted one!” She complained placing another block over the tower and standing up to balance it.

Mi Jung laughed covering and Jonghyun pushed her with his shoulder knowing she was making fun of his flustered expression.

“I see. So you don't want a brother?”

Bora looked at her mother.

“I don't mind it.”

“Then you want one?” Jonghyun insisted.

“As long as I don't have to share my pony it's alright.”

That made both laugh. All that mattered to Bora was her pony. She was so much like Mi Jung when she was small.

“We can get him a pony too!” Mi Jung suggested.

Bora groaned since her tower fell and while Mi Jung helped her pick up the blocks Jonghyun stood up.

“You know what? Let's go for a walk today. Let's ride the pony and the horses and do a picnic.”

“Really?” Bora jumped happily.

“That's not a bad idea.” Jonghyun’s wife said.

“Then it’s settled. We need more quality family time after what we have been gone through these last days.”

“I agree!” Mi Jung high fived Jonghyun that lowered his hand to high five Bora too that was jumping all around the bedroom happily.

Suddenly she stopped and turned to her parents.

“Brother can't have a pony!”

“Why?” Jonghyun asked.

“Do I really have to teach you everything?” Bora sighed placing her hands on her waist “He is going to be a baby! Babies don't walk. They just lie there. How can he even sit on the pony? I guess he could ride with me but that is so not safe!”

She turned around dramatically and picked up the rest of the pieces of the tower from the floor.

“Well, I guess we will have to wait until he walks then.” Mi Jung agreed laughing.

“I'm so glad we have a smart daughter to teach us things!” Jonghyun added with a smile.

“I guess we did the right kissing!” Mi Jung wrapped her arms around Jonghyun and leaned for a kiss but Bora pushed them out of the way to grab more pieces.

“Hurry up and help me! My pony is waiting!”

6ga3j8.jpg

Audrey chewed on a cuticle while she observed the window that belonged to Lee Sooman’s office, deep in thought.

After the way they were interrupted last time she didn't manage to speak to him again and she was dying inside wanting to question him but not knowing exactly how to do it. Was it even acceptable after what happened, when the old man was so busy trying to solve the mess Taemin and his girlfriend did?

“Hey!” Kibum’s voice made Audrey divert her attention away from the window and to the two cute dogs whose leash he was holding.

“Oh, they are so cute!” Both were poodles, one brown and the other black and were really cute as Kibum described them and as she saw on the pictures. Earlier he told her he would pick them up because he barely could be with them and he felt they belonged more to his parents - who were taking care of them now than to him.

“They are!” Kibum said proudly. “I have them for a few years now.”

Audrey crouched down petting both dogs.

“I missed them so much.” Kibum remarked sitting on the bench where Audrey was. “I barely saw them these last weeks since we were so busy. I think it’s good that they can spend some time here.”

Audrey forced a smile and Kibum pulled her to sit by his side.

"Why are you sulking? Someday I'll take you home too, like a lost puppy to show to my parents."

Audrey didn't answer but he knew how important that was in their relationship. However at the time she was too focused on other things to be happy with that.

And Kibum knew. “So did you ask him?”

“Not yet. He didn't stop the whole morning because of what happened and apparently, he is now preparing a new mission.”

“I know.” Kibum’s guilty smile made Audrey glare at him. “It’s nothing special really and Jonghyun and Taemin aren't even going to go. It's something very simple and easy. We will be gone only for a few hours.”

Audrey rubbed her hands on her thighs upset. “Easy you say?”

“Yes, a common mission we didn't manage to do because we have been very busy lately with personal matters.”

“Not dangerous?” she asked suspiciously.

“Nope, not at all. A piece of cake!”

“I hope it’s true.”

“It is. So many things got delayed but we are back on track now.”

“Back to Aeon missions?” She bit her lower lip.

“Kinda.” He wasn't supposed to give many details but it was Audrey and she was the one that knew more about Aeon after all so he thought it was alright to tell her. “Remember that list we acquired some weeks ago? It had the name of several individuals working for Dokko. Other teams visited some of them while we were busy and now it's our turn.”

“You are going to kill them?”

“If we have to. But that isn't the objective of it. Rather we gather evidence of it and give them on a plate to the police. How great are we?”

Audrey nodded absentmindedly, petting Garçon, one of Kibum’s dogs.

“You should just go and ask him.” Kibum said defeated. He hoped that bringing his dogs would also be a way to cheer her up but it didn't seem to work at all. “I think he can give you five minutes of his day to tell you what you want to know.”

“You are right. He probably can.”

However…

“I'm going to feed my kids and then I’ll meet you later.” Kibum stood up and Audrey watched him sorrowful that he had to go already. She was hoping that he stayed with her longer. For some reason she didn't want to be alone.

“Let's go on a date tomorrow before the mission.” Kibum suggested and she opened and closed surprised.

“Really?”

“Yes, in my bedroom.” He grinned teasingly and Audrey exhaled disappointed.

“We can't leave the property, you know that.”

“Still, your bedroom? What can we possibly do in it?” She complained.

A mischievous smile spread across his face and she pushed him away knowing exactly what he was thinking. Kibum laughed out loud.

“I'm just so tired of being here.”

He placed a hand on her shoulder and caressed it softly.

“I know. “ He looked up in thought and then beamed at her having a sudden idea “What if we meet at the balcony instead for a romantic lunch date?”

Audrey tilted her head thinking.

“I can cook.”

Slowly her expression lightened. “That is not a bad idea.”

“No, it isn't. I'm a good cook.”

He patted her head as if she was one of his dogs and then pulled both the furry animals with him, walking away.

Audrey sulked again, her eyes falling on the window of Lee Sooman’s office.

6ga3j8.jpg

Jinki spread the map above his bed and moved his index finger over it, carefully studying it.

A small movement on his right followed by a quiet sound - or so Areum thought - made him raise his hand to the door acknowledging her presence.

Areum widened her eyes realizing she was caught and entered the bedroom silently. He looked so y only wearing his underwear and with glasses. She wanted to pounce on him but he was busy overviewing what he had to do on his next mission, so busy he didn't look at her yet.

“Still working?” She asked sulking and not hiding it from him.

“I’m almost finished. Only checking some last things for tomorrow.” She frowned looking away from him and crossing her arms over her chest. She didn't say anything or stop him from going but she clearly wasn't happy with it and Jinki knew why. She thought it was too early to go out and act like a hero again.

“It's a simple mission Areum. It won't take more than two hours.

“I know.” She sighed and then cleared making him finally notice what she was wearing.

Areum made a princess pose, which stole a smile from his lips and then twirled making her cute blue dress sway.

He folded the map he was checking and sat on the bed watching her. She looked always pretty in his eyes and he wasn't being biased. Areum was like her name said. She was gorgeous, but she was more than a pretty face, she was so warm and good in so many ways.

“So?” She asked losing her patience, her bratty side coming out to greet him which made him chuckle.

“Let me see...you have a new dress.”

“I do!” She said proudly moving her hands over the fabric on her chest. It was a simple and yet cute blue dress that ended above her knees. It was probably a little too short but looked great on her. The heart-shaped neckline and the see-through sleeves highlighted Areum's good traits. The person who did that dress knew her well.

“What is the occasion?”

“Do you like it?” She asked instead stepping closer to the bed.

He hummed looking at her legs and placed his hand on her thigh moving it under the dress making her shiver in pleasure. “I like it, and I love what is under it.”

She giggled pulling his hand away and Jinki tilted his head watching her. “Why do you have a new dress?”

“Mi Jung made it for me.” Areum moved her fingers to his chest and Jinki frowned. She was going to ask him something. “It's for tomorrow. For our date.”

“Date? We have a date?”

“Yes, after you come back from your mission. There is this play I want to watch…” He sighed frustrated because she knew they couldn't get out and yet she still dared to ask it. His sister was to blame for giving her hopes too. “Please Jinki, remember that last time we couldn't go.” She bit he lower lip “It's about one of my favorite books, please.”

“Last time…” He frowned deep in thought. He couldn't remember going with her to a play ever and he was going to say it when she squished his cheeks.

“Exactly!” Did she read his mind? “We could never go because you either left me hanging at the door of the theater or you had to leave five minutes after it started.”

“Oh.” She released him and he avoided looking at her eyes directly because he felt guilty “I probably had work. I'm sorry.”

“So this time...please? Maybe we can do it like last time.”

“Last time I and Kibum risked a lot. I can't really use agents to go on a date whenever I feel like it. I don't know Areum.”

She looked down knowing she lost the battle and Jinki felt awful. He kept disappointing her. He was the worst boyfriend, leaving her alone for weeks, disappearing during dates and putting her in danger.

“Areum, don't cry.”

“I'm not crying.” She said abruptly sitting beside him on the bed, over the map. However, he didn't dare to ask her to move. Screw the map, she was more important. “I just wanted to act as if we are a normal couple, just that.”

“I know.” He touched her hand over her lap “And I'm sorry that nothing about me is normal.”

She chuckled “Well I'm not the most normal person either.”

“You are.”

She pouted again and he kissed her cheek.

“Then maybe we can go to my place.” Before he could say no she added “I want to grab some clothes and some of my notebooks. I want to write again. I need my research and my soft toys and some things for this house. We are using Jonghyun and Mi Jung's spare mugs for god's sake.”

He caressed her cheek, pulling her hair away so that he could touch her skin down to her neck. “We can't. That house might be watched by them.” Some time did pass, it was true that maybe they gave up and stopped keeping watch of it, but still, it was best not to risk it.

Her shoulders sunk even more “This .”

He leaned his head against hers and kissed her cheek trying to comfort her.

“I guess I have to order online.” She turned to him forcing a smile “I will order things online. My bank account is not that well right now and my editor thinks we decided to go on a long trip so I can't ask her for monetary help but…”

“You can use my card. We are married now Areum.” She nodded her head confused. With all that happened, she didn't get to live a normal married life with him yet. He chuckled ”Use my money and buy all you want. Make this house your sanctuary.” He kissed her lips and Areum tried to smile again.

“I'll do my best.” She had to do some research again but she wasn't' to give up on writing a new book.

Even though she was smiling her eyes were dull and Jinki sighed “Maybe I can ask some agents to accompany us while we go and buy some new clothes and furniture. Maybe you can dye your hair again or disguise yourself and…”

Areum didn't even let him finish since she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately, completely beaming with his suggestion. She pulled away after a while and he smiled against her lips “I guess you liked the idea.”

“Yes, very much.”

“I hate shopping.”

“I know, but you love me.”

He caressed her arms. “I do, very much.”

She kissed him again and again so he had to push her away.

“I need to finish this right now, we can continue later.”

Areum stared at him “Wait you and now you want me to wait?”

“I turned you on?” His eyes light up with naughtiness.

Areum sighed dramatically and stood up from the bed. Swiftly she pulled the zipper of the dress on her back down and stepped out from it in front of Jinki that watched her, observing her almost body.

“You aren't wearing a bra.” He said raising his eyes from her s to her face and down again.

Areum placed her hands on her hips and moved them down over her , the only piece of clothes she was wearing.

“I'm not, and it's a shame I have to wait so like this.”

He groaned grabbing the map from the bed.

“What is wrong?” Areum mocked stepping back knowing that familiar predatory gaze he was giving her “I'm the one who was to wait and you are the one upset.”

“You are going to get me killed Areum.”

“Me?” She moved her fingers on her hair sensually and down her chest over her s that were already erect. He was watching her every move, entranced, which made her smile knowing she won that war. “Hum, maybe I should do something else while you work. Should I go downstairs and clean something? Pretend to be the perfect housewife?” as soon as she finished speaking she ran to the door.

He stood up quickly, like she predicted, and grabbed her before she reached the door, twirling her in his arms easily. Areum laughed out loud raising her feet from the floor and he carried her in his arms to the bed, stepping over the forgotten map that has fallen to the floor and throwing her on the bed.

Areum giggled trying to turn around but Jinki pinned her down with his body.

“Are you mocking me, kitty?” he asked whispering in her ear and Areum moaned defenseless under him. He moved his hips against hers, his lower body rubbing against her .

“Jinki...what are you doing?” he moved away and she tried to turn but he didn't let her, pulling her down her legs.

“You know what I am doing.”

“You told me to wait!” She remarked giggling, rubbing her nose on the soft blanket of their bed.

He swiftly turned her around and pinned her down again, his now body fitting perfectly between her legs.

Even though he was acting rough he kissed her gently and Areum caressed his back lost in passion.

“I can't wait when it comes to you.” He whispered in her ear before he bit her lobe and Areum smiled happily.

She didn't get her date but she got something closer. It didn't matter what it was, in the end, she only wanted to leave that house because she wanted to tell him something important and wanted it to be outside of that place. She wanted it to be special and not an ordinary thing. The next day she was going to do the pregnancy test and if everything went like she expected - she was almost sure this time - while they were shopping for furniture she would pull him to the nursery section of the store and tell him in a special way.

She kissed his neck and pulled him back to her lips.

She couldn't wait to see his reaction when he found out he was going to finally be a father.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Taemin was watching the scene for a while, moved with it. He didn't have many good memories from his childhood so that was even more touching to him.

Mina seemed to feel the same, her eyes shining brightly while she watched her brother chatting with Minho about modeling and sports. She was so absorbed with it that she didn't even notice when he entered the living room.

Taemin stepped forward catching the attention from everyone in the room and Mina quickly stood up and grabbed his arm greeting him with brightness.

“Hi. You are smiling.”

“I’m happy.” She almost sang it until the brightness in her eyes faded. “Well…

Taemin touched her hand on his arm “Did you tell him?” he moved his head in the direction of her brother.

“No. I told him that he died fighting one agent when they went to save you. I think he believed it and didn't make many questions.” Mina sighed watching her brother laughing at something Minho said. “He didn't shed even one tear.”

“He wasn't a good father after all.”

Mina didn't answer biting her lower lip and Taemin decided to change the subject. It was still too soon, after all, the previous night they killed her father.

“He likes Minho.” Taemin commented tilting his head watching both of them. Minho was surely good with kids. He had a gift and he was going to be a good father.

“He loves him. Now he says he wants to be a model like Minho when he grows up.” Taemin didn't say anything watching them with a blank face so Mina poked his chest.

“Are you jealous? Wanted him to be closer to you? After all, you are dating his sister.”

“I really don't care.” Taemin said honestly and Mina frowned “I mean, as long as he approves of me is enough. I'm not good with kids and Minho is a good role model for him.”

“That's because you are still a kid at heart.” She placed a hand over his heart and Taemin swallowed hard since she was too close and looking at him in a very intense dangerous way. He didn't kiss her in awhile and that wasn't the right place to do it.

“My brother loves this place also.” Mina stepped away from Taemin which was a blessing since he could breathe again. “I understand if you want us to leave now that everything is over. Can I just ask you to please give us more time? I need to find a job and earn enough to rent a small room.”

Taemin didn't answer instead, he looked at her seeming troubled.

“It won't be long. It's just until I have enough. A few months.”

“It's not that Mina.” he placed a hand on her back and then pushed her outside the living room and into the hallway where they could be alone and hidden from possible witnesses.

“Did something happen?” She asked worried.

“Stay. Stay with me.” Mina widened her eyes “I mean…” he rubbed his arm nervously. “I have a house here. We all do, my brothers and me. My sister is living in hers with Jonghyun, Jinki moved in with Areum and mine is pretty much empty. It needs to be cleaned and we need to buy furniture but it's big enough for me and you and it has a spare room for your brother. We can turn it into a home. We can be a family.”

Mina’s eyes started to well up with tears when she realized what he was asking her. It wasn't only an invitation to move in with him, he wanted to be a family with her. Taemin that never wanted to create bonds with others wanted to be a family with her and her brother.

“You can finish majoring and your brother can get treated and go back to school and later...later we can...”

Mina touched his face, her thumb brushing against his lips to make him shut up. They could worry about later another time. Now was the most important and now she wanted to kiss him.

“I'm really good with chores.” She said swallowing her tears of happiness and pulled him down for a sweet kiss “Will we be sharing a room in that family you want to have with me?”

He nodded his head kissing her again and wrapped his arms around her pulling Mina to his embrace, deepening the kiss.

“Is that a yes?” She asked while he moved his fingers in her hair, caressing her. “I'm only saying yes if I get to share the same bed as you. I'm a very demanding roommate.”

He smiled when she rubbed her lips on his neck and kissed her way up to his lips again.

“Oh look at you, smiling. You used to frown at me before when I teased you and now you love me so much you can't help but smile.”

“Don't push it.” He complained but the smile wasn't leaving his face.

“Is this going to be a serious thing?” Mina asked moving her hand down his chest teasingly but not really going further and he knew why. She could pretend she was fine in front of everyone but him.

“I know that usually marrying comes first and…”

The mention of the word marriage made her flinch and his smile faded.

“Are you being serious now? I mean we didn't even date properly or…”

“I know, that's what I'm saying. If you are ok with it, with us knowing each other first and then thinking about the rest later, then yes this is serious.”

Mina pursed her lips and suddenly started to sing “Saying I love you, I want to do it every day for a lifetime, Would you marry me? Loving and cherishing you, I want to live this way…” She stepped away making a dramatic twirl and Taemin stared at her in shock clearly not knowing that song.

She laughed and then sang the chorus “For a lifetime I’ll be by your side, I do. Loving you, I do. Cherishing you through the snow and rain, I do.

Taemin confused expression didn't change so she cleaned the tears from her eyes and laughed even more. “It's a kpop song Taemin. The great Ace doesn't know kpop songs?”

“I didn't have much time to listen to that kind of music.”

“But you listen to Yiruma!”

“Well I learned to play his music. What is that called by the way?”

“It's a Super Junior song. Have you heard of them?”

He seemed completely lost and Mina grabbed his hand, her fingers fitting perfectly in the middle of his.

“Not really.”

“You have no idea what you are missing.” He tried to walk away but Mina pulled him in the direction of the stairs “I'm going to show you the wonderful world of kpop.”

“I don't really listen to that kind of music.”

“Well thank god you have me then.” She smiled brightly at him and he softened letting her pull him. He didn't know many kpop singers and truthfully he really didn't care much about idols and had no idea how that world worked but he cared about her and he knew that the last thing she wanted was to be alone and allow herself to wander on her thoughts.

“Are we going to your bedroom for you to show me the group?” He asked stopping her. Mina couldn't really understand what that meant “We are going to be alone in one room with a bed?”

“Yes, what is the problem?” It's not as if they weren't alone in a bedroom before.

“If I am alone with you for long I won't control myself.” He was being honest. He wanted to be with her and kissing her wasn't enough.

“Then maybe you shouldn't.” She squeezed his hand assuring him that it was alright and that was when her brother showed up followed by Minho interrupting them.

“Noona, can I show Minho hyung the games Taemin hyung lend to me?” She blinked her eyes not knowing about that and turned to Taemin.

“I don't have time to play.”

“We used to play the soccer ones though.” Minho added “Let's play, all four of us. Until I need to leave for the mission.” It was a good suggestion for a bonding time but Mina looked at Taemin desperate for him to solve that problem that was threatening their make out session and possible .

He didn't say anything looking as troubled as she was, maybe trying to read what she wanted to do, so Mina answered for him, unfortunately at the same time he did.

“I have something to do actually.” “That is a good idea, let's go..”

Mina glared at Taemin that shrugged his shoulders. He truly thought she wanted him to befriend her brother.

“Its ok, noona, we can play and maybe you can join us later.”

Mina forced a smile and her brother climbed up the stairs happily followed by Minho. Taemin moved to follow them, but before he leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

He had no idea why he thought of that, but sometimes Mina reminded him of Mi Jung. Once a long time ago he saw Jonghyun’s and his sister’s love story unfold with some secret meetings and make out session inside stables.

“Meet me in one hour at our future home. It's the house behind Jinki’s.”

Mina blinked her eyes and then grinned at him fully understanding his plan.

She waved back at her brother that was on top of the stairs now pushing Minho happily and then blinked her eye at Taemin that followed them.

For sure they weren't going to discuss kpop groups and neither the decoration of the house.

She giggled turning around and her smile faded when she saw Director Oh enter the house.

That woman freaked her out. She told Taemin before but he didn't took her serious but Mina was sure that woman was up to something.

She knew that kind of person, the one that pretends to be something they are not. It was the kind of person her father surrounded himself with, the kind she hated, the kind that sooner or later will hurt others.

Mina was going to keep an eye on her.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

“So this is fun!” Kibum said piling up the empty food containers.

Audrey was beside him sitting over the blankets they placed on the balcony for them to do their picnic date.

“The food was really good, although anyone can make kimbap.”

“Aigo, you are never happy with anything.” He rolled his eyes and laid down on the blanket eyeing the sky. It was supposed to rain that week so they were running out of sunny days to enjoy the view of the blue sky from the balcony.

Audrey didn't lay down by his side, hugging her knees to her, her eyes on the windows of the mansion, right beside the balcony.

He sighed deeply knowing that her mind was elsewhere, inside a small study of an old man.

“Lay down with me.” He demanded like he always did pulling her down beside him. He pulled her so hard that her head hit his chest, even though she was sure she might have hurt him he didn't complain, wrapping an arm around her protectively.

“If you don't stop thinking about it, it's going to eat your brain.”

She moved her head up to look at him.

“Will you tell me when the mission is over?”

He raised an eyebrow suspiciously. He was almost sure that she wasn't thinking about the mission at all.

“I’ll call you…but…” He sat up pushing her with him “do you really want me to believe that you are worried because of me?”

“What are you talking about?” Audrey bit her lower lip “Of course I'm worried about you.”

He chuckled pulling her by her chin to his lips. They kissed slowly and then he placed his hands on her shoulder and pushed her down on the blanket, laying over her.

At first, she kissed him back passionately wrapping her arms around his neck, caressing his neck while he graced her lips with several kisses before pulling at her lower lip with his teeth.

Then she realized that they were out in the open and pushed him slightly but Kibum didn't move.

He grabbed her hand releasing her and laid down on her side.

“Let them see. I have nothing to hide...do you? Do you have a secret boyfriend I don't know about?” He chuckled until it fell into silence. Audrey turned her head to face him. "Maybe Lee Sooman since you keep thinking about him now."

She grimaced at his words and changed the subject. “Don't you think about her when you are with me?”

Kibum’s expression darkened and he looked away. “I can't believe you are asking that. Are you trying to fight with me?”

“No...I’m-” She had no idea what she was doing. She couldn't stop thinking about the ones who left her and wondered if he was like that also. “She was important to you so it's normal to think about her.”

“Of course I think about her. She is part of my past. However, you are not a replacement for her if that is what is troubling you.” he turned to Audrey “You are you, Audrey. You are not Gi and you will never be.”

His words that might seem hurtful actually relieved her.

“I prefer it that way.” He added making her smile hesitantly. That was good right?

Kibum his side pulling Audrey close to him and he looked intensely deep into her eyes.

“I loved Gi, I will never forget her, but right now Audrey is the one I love, the one I want and I don't intend to let her go ever.” He poked her nose softly and then kissed her lips.

Audrey pressed her eyes shut kissing him back and then Kibum abruptly stood up and pulled her up with him. Audrey didn't say anything astonished by his brusk reaction.

“That's it, I can't make out with you when you keep thinking about Lee Sooman.”

She started laughing and he laughed with her realizing how that sounded.

“You made it look as if I truly have a crush on him!”

“Aish I'm actually jealous of him!” She laughed even more and then wrapped her arms around Kibum.

“Thank you for being always by my side.”

“It's my mission.” She groaned and he corrected “And my decision.” He pulled her away “Now go talk with him. Insist until he tells you what you really want to know.”

“What if my parents weren't the good people I hope they were?”

“Does it matter?” He cupped her face “You are here, on our side. You are a good person, that's what matters. Until you know who they are and where you come from you will never be able to go forward.”

“You are right. It doesn't matter.”

He nodded absolutely sure of that. He didn't care if her parents were Dokko agents or the worst people on Earth. It didn't matter because she was an amazing person. "Your genes don't make who you are."

Kibum held her hand and accompanied Audrey until the door of Lee Soman’s personal study in silence. She was going to knock on the door when he squeezed her hand stopping her.

“I have a lot of things to clean on the balcony before I leave for my mission. We can talk about this later when I come back."

Audrey opened to complain since she hoped he would be with her but then she realized he was right. She needed to do that alone. She was strong enough, after all she grew up completely alone and even if he wasn't in the room with her she knew she had warm arms to run to if she needed after that conversation. She was no longer alone.

Audrey knocked on the door and waited, her heart beating fast, her determination threatening to die and that was when the door opened and Lee Sooman gave her space to enter.

“I knew you would come. Come on in and take a seat.”

Audrey entered trembling and immediately sat on the chair in front of his desk. This time around Sooman wasn't looking through a photo album. He had a laptop on his table and seemed to be working on something. He closed it when he sat in front of Audrey and took a deep breath as if he also was scared of the revelations that would follow. The action made her even more nervous. Why was it so hard to tell her who her parents were?

Outside Kibum leaned against the wall a few steps away from the door of the study, his strong facade fading. He was worried. Somehow Audrey was more important than the creator of a deadly machine and that worried him. He didn't lie when he said that nothing would change for him, but he wasn't sure about the others inside SM.

Revenge was like a virus that could change you. All of the SHINee members knew it. If somehow Audrey belonged to a hated family inside SM she could become an enemy to some and if that happened Kibum was sure he would follow her wherever she went. He would be her shadow, he would protect her.

Someone cleared its throat and Kibum spotted Jonghyun.

“What are you doing there?” Kibum asked stepping away from the wall and trying to act casual.

“I watched you two. She is going to ask him right?”

“Your secret is finally going to come out in the open.” Kibum half smiled.

“Ah thank god, this has been going for too long.” Jonghyun truly seemed relieved.

“But Jonghyun, should I worry?”

Jonghyun shook his head slowly and smiled enigmatically making Kibum even more nervous than before.

6ga3j8.jpg

Mina stopped at the entrance of the empty unfamiliar house that she would call home very soon. She touched the door that was open and stepped inside it. There was a small room that lead to a corridor and she barely hesitated entering it.

“Taemin?”

She held her breath wondering if maybe that wasn't the right place and he forgot to mention the existence of another house. That property was so huge. She wondered how they secured the whole perimeter. They were really fast to catch her when she entered it, even though she used a breach of the security with the help of Taemin. A breach that didn't exist anymore for sure. Her spy like ears heard how Taemin was consulted about the security of the property. He was probably going to be the best security chief ever. She smiled at the thought and then that's when she heard it.

“I’m here.”

She followed his calm voice into the furthest room and entered it. It was big with a huge window that lead to a small pound and Taemin was in the middle of the room sitting on the floor with his legs stretched in front of him.

“Why did you take so long?”

Mina scoffed at him and then sat on the floor with her legs crossed facing him, making him collect his legs up so she had space.

He didn't say anything and kept facing her with a poker face.

“So you called me here to show me the beautiful view of the pond.”

“We can have breakfast here every morning.” He said.

“Before or after you come from a deadly mission?” She brushed her hair away from her shoulder and looked up at the white ceiling.

“That might happen.”

“It's ok. I understand. I'm used to not normal families.” She looked back at him again. “As long as you don't die it's fine.”

“Well, I can agree with that.”

She laughed leaning forward making him blink his eyes.

“When are we going to have ?”

“You think I brought you here to have ?”

“Didn't you?” She sighed disappointed “I always rise my hopes up for nothing.” Mina was going to stand up when he grabbed her hand and pulled her down on the floor again. He pulled her by her waist over to his lap and Mina followed his lead sitting over him and placing her hands on his shoulders.

“Are we having or not?”

“Here on the floor?”

“Why not? Who cares? The main point is you and me.”

He brushed the hair away from her cheek and caressed it softly moving his fingers to her lips. His thumb clung to her lower lip and then he kissed her passionately, her lower lip before pulling away.

Mina widened her eyes a little surprised. Taemin ignored her reaction and pulled her sweater up and off from her.

While she fixed her hair she sent him a questioning look that he also ignored kissing her lips briefly before moving to her neck brushing her hair away and placing his wet mouth on her skin her.

Mina bit her lower lip caressing the back of his head and closing her eyes lost in the passion. Damn, he was good.

“Taemin what are you doing?”

“You said you wanted to have .” He explained blankly, this time pulling his sweater off from him so that he could stand shirtless in front of her.

“Yes but...is this really the Taemin that was too scared to say that he wanted to date me?”

“You told me to take responsibility, to chain my inner ace…”

She chuckled and then moved her hands appreciatively down his chest caressing his muscles.

“I like it. I like it very much.”

He took something from the pocket of his pants and showed it to her. “I even came prepared with a .”

She laughed grabbing it “Only one? Oh, you take me so lightly!”

He laughed pulling her for another kiss before he made her lie on the floor beside him. She complained about the cold and hit his shoulder pretending to be upset.

“Damn couldn't you have brought a blanket with you?”

“I forgot.”

“Then let me stay on your lap.”

“No. My leg hurts.”

She laughed covering and he looked at her confused. “It's not funny that I am hurt.”

“Will you be able to do me like that?”

He seemed offended by her question and she pulled Taemin over her hugging him. “You are so deadly and yet so cute.”

He didn't know about the cute part and was going to retort back but she moved her fingers down his back to his groping him, her lips finding his, kissing him desperately.

“I can stay on top if you want.” She muttered between kisses.

Taemin didn't answer but he rolled with her making her be over him which made Mina smile against his lips.

“Don't take it wrong.” he said once she pulled away brushing her hair away ily, moving her hands down his chest to his tummy in a sensual slow way that made him swallow hard “It's only because my leg hurts. I will stay on top next time.”

She ed one button of his pants and then leaned down, her hair tickling him, her lips softly kissing their way down his chest.

Taemin closed his eyes breathing fast, his hands caressing her back up to her bra that he tried to unclasp while she and his skin.

“I can't wait to see your full potential.” She remarked giggling and he would have back but he was too busy celebrating the fact that he could unclasp her bra.

Mina sat up again, careful to not hurt him and took her bra off throwing it on the floor beside them.

Taemin tried to sit up to caress her but she pushed him down again making him grunt and instead grabbed his hands and placed them on her s.

“Happy?”

He smiled aroused. “Very much.”

“Be a good boy now and wait patiently while I take care of you.”

He wondered what she meant but it was very clear once she ed the rest of the buttons on his pants and pulled them down just enough for her to release from inside his underwear.

He watched her in a daze while she caressed him, ing him slowly, moving her hand up and down. “I really don't think I need to do this for long.” Mina comment made him realize that he was still holding her s and not doing anything. She seemed to realize the same because she chuckled using her free hand to place over his so he would squeeze her .

A little less conversation, a little more action please…” She sang making him roll his eyes before covering .

“Please no singing during .”

She pulled both his hands away and then stood up. He rose his head wondering if she was going to sing again - he had no idea what to do if she did but he was sure all the work she did on him was going to go to waste. Mina wasn't dense and she didn't even open to again. Instead, she pulled her pants down in front of him and then worked on his clothes taking them off and finally and slowly pulled her black down her legs before sitting over him again.

“I'm glad Elvis is not a part of this after all.”

“I was only citing the master and telling you to act.”

“Very well.” Taemin pulled her around her waist against him and she moaned before he sat up the best he could, ignoring her complains, and then kissed her lips and down her neck to her chest.

Mina watched him caressing his neck while he kissed around one of her s, slowly getting closer to it. She sighed in pleasure when he finally reached it kissing it tenderly before it, moving his tongue all over it.

“Is this better?" He asked against her skin. She only smiled before he moved to the other one, giving it the same attention.

Meanwhile, she started rubbing herself against his now making him more and more aroused. She was wet and ready but he wanted to make it last longer so instead he caressed her and moved his hand over her thighs and between her legs to touch her where she needed him.

Mina moaned grasping his shoulder and pulled him away from her and to her lips instead.

Taemin was lost completely in her. He couldn't think of anything else, feel anything else besides her and there wasn't anything else he wanted the most besides loving Mina.

His heart was beating so fast that he knew that something like that was rare and precious.

She grabbed his hands intertwining her fingers with his and pushing him down to the floor. Taemin didn't complain pulling her with him, their lips never parting. He couldn't put down in words what he was feeling but it got immensely deeper and intense with what she did next. Mina ripped the and placed it over his while he watched her in a daze. She didn't give him time to blink and settled over him, his length filling her in a very satisfying way since she cried placing her hands on his chest for support, her face contorting in pleasure.

She wasn't opening her eyes so he wondered if he mistook the pain for pleasure but once he parted his lips to ask she smiled softly starting to move over him.

That made him tremble in pleasure too and it was his time to lose control, and grab her arms.

She leaned over him, looking at him passionately and he couldn't tear his eyes away.

He did sleep with many women, mostly for missions and even though he gave his best to pleasure them for the mission he was never truly invested in it. He didn't want to be there as much as he wanted now. He never wanted anyone like he wanted Mina. And being with her intimately like that was amazing.

He pulled her to his lips kissing her, his hands moving down her body to her that he pressed against him making her move more erratically with him.

She moaned uncontrollably when he grabbed her with every trust pulling his hips off from the floor to meet her which made it so that his length barely moved out from her.

“Does it feel good?” he asked even though he knew the answer since she was basically rubbing herself on him in undeniable pleasure.

“Damn you...Taemin.” He smiled satisfied, his ego completely replenished and he did his best to raise his hips to meet her every time. Mina tried to push away from his chest to start moving slower but he didn't let her, rolling with her so that both would be facing each other on their sides, and that he was over his healthy leg. He intertwined his legs with Mina's and she looked at him surprised wondering what he was doing.

“You will hurt yourself.”

“Trust me.” He whispered wrapping his arms around her so that there was barely any space between them and grabbed her thigh and moved impetuously against her.

Mina cried near her and after a few deep trusts, he saw her shutter in his arms. He could feel it, the way her muscles clenched around him and Taemin grinned kissing her slower now before he started moving, this time to satiate himself.

She hummed caressing his shoulders and chest and down to touch him when he moved out of her to make the process quicker. He moaned against her lips and soon he laid over her making her whimper and with a few s that made his leg hurt he came also falling over her like a dead body.

Mina complained cutely but didn't pull him away. Instead, she wrapped an arm around him and covered not sure if she should smile or laugh.

“Wow this was amazing...and I don't know...It makes me so happy.”

She felt something wet on her fingers and realized that she cried with pleasure or maybe happiness. When did she become that mushy person?

Luckily Taemin wasn't even noticing. He wasn't even moving at all and if it wasn't for his breathing on her cheek she would think he was truly dead.

“Taemin, you seem light but you are actually heavy.”

He used his hands to raise his body from over her and sat by her side breathing fast.

“You are just too frail.” He said releasing a deep breath before taking the from his .

“You are right.” She suddenly started laughing and he looked at her not even surprised by her weird behavior. “Isn't it funny that we can have this kind of conversation after we had the most amazing ever in the middle of a cold dusty floor?” She sat up and then tried to stand up even though she felt her head light “I need a shower. We both do.” It was y and actually she didn't mind to feel all sticky because of having with him. Was that weird?

“It's called love.” Taemin's answer made Mina stop in her tracks while she collected her clothes.

He stood up with a groan since his leg hurt again because he completely ignored his wound when he decided to let his control his judgment - he didn't regret it a bit though - and picked up her from the floor to give to her.

“What? We love each other, don't we?” She didn't answer and he kissed her red after abused lips quickly before pulling his underwear up his legs.

“Are you sure you are the same Taemin?”

He grinned mischievously like the devil he could be “I'm just happy to be free. Suddenly I feel like I can do anything. Actually…” He raised one hand and then slapped the clothes from her hands making Mina stare at him in shock. “Wait here. I will grab my box of condoms in my bedroom. It's still so early…”

Mina followed him with her eyes while he pulled his pants up and shirtless walked out of the room.

Mina ran after him and peeked at the door. “Taemin wait!”

He turned around and his chest beat faster when he saw her peek like that, rosy cheeks and messed up hair. A beautiful Mina in after glow. He loved it.

“...Bring a blanket this time.”

He nodded chuckling and she blew him a kiss before disappearing into the room again.

When he stepped outside Taemin could hear her sing a Korean song he didn't know but he was sure it belonged to another group of hers.

It’s a beautiful, beautiful life…

 

6ga3j8.jpg

The rhythmic tick-tack of the clock behind Lee Sooman’s desk matched the sound of Audrey’s heart in her ears, a sign that she was extremely nervous.

He seemed to sense it since he served her a cup of tea that she didn't touch and then sat in front of her again.

“Well, now that we have tea we are ready to go.” The old man announced with a smile which irritated her.

Go where? Why did it seem so easy for him? Couldn't he see the importance it had for her?

“What do you want to know first?” Audrey gasped and the old man gestured for her to drink her tea to calm down.

Audrey did as he told, blowing on the hot tea, her fingers trembling. That was ridiculous, why was he making her suffer like that, why was he…

“The truth is that your parents were close friends of mine.”

She froze staring at him, the cup of tea midway to her lips.

“They were more than friends, they were family.” Sooman pursed his lips “It’s actually funny because I'm having a deja vu right now. Not so long ago someone else was in that chair asking similar questions to yours.”

Audrey blinked her eyes not sure who he was talking about and Lee Sooman chuckled rubbing his eyes. He was probably really tired. The last weeks were crazy with Minho almost being kicked from the team he supported as a family, his daughter's family was in danger, his adopted sons also were in danger and then what happened with Mina’s father. The poor man was probably exhausted.

Even though she felt a little guilty, Audrey wasn't going to step away from the truth now that she was so close to it.

“Who were they?”

“SM agents, two of the best ones we ever had.”

“Really?” She felt so relieved that she couldn't hide the tears of happiness in her eyes and Sooman chuckled with her reaction.

“Did you really think they were Dokko agents or something?”

“I'm not sure what to think, after all, I ended up in an orphanage.”

“Your mother asked me to protect you in case something happened to them. She wanted you to have a normal life, a life away from all of this, a second chance to be a normal human being, someone not tainted, someone that had no idea what happens in the shadows. She wanted you to be happy.”

Audrey hiccuped and Sooman took a box of paper tissues from the drawer of the desk and offered it to her. She took one tissue and blew her nose.

“But why? I was alone.” Audrey sniffed. “I didn't even know who my parents were. I felt abandoned.”

“I know and I'm sorry. You were just a little girl and I swear to you that my wish was to keep you here but she made me promise. I never thought that I actually had to do it. I kept an eye on you always. You were never truly alone. Never. I made sure that you were protected and safe. You have no idea the things I've done to shelter you from danger.”

Audrey bit her lower lip. “Do you have a picture of them?”

“I do. More than one.” He touched the file that was over his desk “Inside this file you have everything about your parents. All their SM's info as agents and many many pictures.”

Audrey made a gesture to grab it but Sooman stopped her “However this is only their side as agents. There is so much more about them as human beings. I beg you Audrey, I beg you to let me tell you more about my precious friends to you.”

He let her pick up the file and Audrey stared at it hesitantly. He was asking her to forgive him and she wasn't sure if she should be upset with him or her mother now. Her mother…

Inside that file she could see her face.

Audrey opened it and a loose photograph slid almost to her lap. She picked it up and looked at it carefully.

It was a picture of a young couple smiling in front of a big tree. She was sure she saw that tree before, it could even be there on the property, she was almost sure it was.

The man was taller, with a gentle smile and black hair, his arm protectively around the woman's shoulder. The woman was looking sideways at him, a look of love in her eyes, her hair was a little curly and brown like her and Audrey unconsciously touched her hair finding a similarity between those strangers and herself.

“Can you remember anything?” Sooman asked watching her patiently.

Audrey wasn't sure what to answer. There was something familiar in that man's smile and she touched the picture as if caressing his face.

“She is not Asian.”

“No, your mother was French. Your father met her when he was studying there. They fell in love and she came to live in South Korea with him.”

“That's why I remember the french lullabies and her voice and also my name…”

“Yes.”

Audrey raised the picture and smiled between tears “I have her hair.”

“And your father's smile.”

Did she?

There were so many other things she wanted to know but she didn't know where to start. Instead, she looked at the papers inside the files. It was a descriptive document with all types of information on her parents as SM agents. Their birth date, height and weight, blood type, their specialties and more importantly their names.

Her father was called Lee Hyun and her mother was called Marie - Line.

She was eager to read all that but that's when she remembered that last time he told her that she wasn't alone, that she had someone else from her family alive.

She raised her eyes to Sooman that seemed to read her mind.

“Look at the pictures at the end of the file. Those don't belong to SM, they belong to my past, to my memories with them.”

Audrey leafed through the pages and behind them she found several pictures that she picked up.

One was from her mother, clearly pregnant, smiling at someone that she didn't know, another woman that was also pregnant.

“That's my wife. She was pregnant with Mi Jung at the time.”

“But…” Audrey’ smile faltered. Mi Jung was older than her. That baby inside her mother couldn't be her.

Then if it wasn't her what did that mean?

2gt96ip.jpg
 
We are reaching the end...Secret is out in this and the next chapter that I will post soon.
 
Sorry for the delay ~
 
Can you now guess what is the secret????