Perfectly Dangerous - Epilogue

Perfectly Dangerous

Note: Banner made from picture edit made by @friedjinki on twitter

This chapter was not betareaded.

 

- Four months later -

 

Jinki waited for his adoptive father, walking slower knowing that the older man was still recovering from a cold.

That was one of the reasons Jinki was there. Areum convinced him to visit the man at the mansion where he grew up and things started to develop from there.

“I never expected to see you come back home.” Sooman remarked looking up the sky that was hard to see from the place in the woods they were at.

After Audrey’s death, many things changed. Jinki was now in therapy - Areum convinced him after weeks of him being listless and unable to sleep. Kibum disappeared completely but Minho tracked him and they knew he stayed with his parents for several weeks before entering a plane to Paris. Taemin was living with Mina and her brother in his house behind the mansion. Minho and Ayeong bought an apartment and recently he asked her to marry him. Jonghyun was writing his first children's book illustrated by Mi Jung dedicated to their daughter. He hoped to give the profit from the sales of the book to the orphanage where Audrey grew up. Meanwhile, Jinki stubbornly moved with Areum back to their old apartment and stayed there until recently when she convinced him to go back to their house inside the Lee Sooman’s property. They had more space and a big garden for their babies to grow up. Yes, babies. They found out they were going to have twins. Bora, his niece was one of the most enthusiastic ones when they told everyone the good news and Jinki saw himself wanting to raise his kids there, with Bora near, with his family by his side.

Things were different now. They still worked for SM but slowly started taking more time to themselves, being part of the missions only partially. Jinki barely entered the SM lab now and was now searching for a job in IT, a normal job, not that he needed money but only because he wanted to be a common man for once and give Areum what she always wanted. His family was above everything else now. Sooman accepted his decision well, even though all the other members of SHINee end up following the same path. Taemin was back to college studying harder to graduate and find a job. Mina was with him and found a part-time job at a convenience store and Taemin was often there studying, surrounded by other college and high school girls, his admirers, which didn't upset Mina. On contrary, she found all that funny because Taemin only had eyes for her. Mina's brother was receiving treatment and was getting better too.

Minho was too busy back to modeling and Ayeong was going to try and enter college. She wanted to be a journalist and get back the youth she lost.

Kibum was just absent.

SHINee was on a hiatus and probably would stay like that for a while and even if they came back Sooman was sure that they would choose to mentor other agents instead of putting their lives in danger again. They had too much to lose.

Dokko has almost dismantled anyway. Even though a new enemy would certainly show up, there would be others to fight it.

“Areum’s father is worse. She asked me to stay close to him now.”

Sooman nodded. It wasn't long for her father to leave them. His cancer was too advanced now and it made sense that Areum wanted to be with him longer and say goodbye properly.

“It must be hard on her.”

Losing Audrey and now her father.

“She is strong, stronger than I thought.” Stronger than him. She was the one that hugged him every night when he woke up in tears, now remembering how Audrey died and not only his parent's death. The one that took him to see his parents grave and Audrey's, not releasing his hand even when his strength seemed to fail. The same one that told him that they both needed to keep going for the sake of their children that soon would be born. He knew she was the most scared one and that she didn't want to say goodbye to her father but she always tried to be stronger for both of them. “I'm very lucky to have her. Now she needs this from me.”

“You did well.” Sooman stopped by the lake and Jinki stood by his side remembering how he used to follow that man everywhere when he was younger. He truly saw him as a paternal figure.

“You still hate me?” Sooman asked.

“I don't hate you. I was hurt and didn't understand why you didn't adopt Audrey too, how things end up being like this but now I'm starting to see it. Me and Areum we have talked a lot lately and...when I think about how things could have been different I realize that I could have lost so much too. Besides you were doing just what you thought you had to. You were keeping a promise. I've made so many mistakes too, I've broken so many promises.” He swallowed hard “I get it. My mother wanted her to have another life and maybe our paths would never have crossed if she was just away from here. Maybe now she would be…” he choked up.

“Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't.” Sooman said “We will never know what could have happened. Now what is left is to live on and accept.” Sooman cleared his throat “If only there was a way…”

Jinki frowned and looked at the man beside him. What did he mean? Did he mean what he thought he did?

Sooman stared at him and smiled, and Jinki had a flashback from when that same man advised him to date Areum, to break the rules. Sometimes they are meant to be broken.

Jinki was going to ask to be sure but Sooman spoke again.

“I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about your parents, I'm sorry I waited to tell you about Audrey and everything. God knows how many nights I didn't sleep thinking about my decision, wondering if it was the right one, feeling guilty for leaving a small child alone in an orphanage when she still had a family.” He took a deep breath “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.”

Jinki covered his eyes from the sun and admired the way it reflected over the water of the lake. “I'm sorry too. I only wished I had a second chance.” A second chance to cherish her, to tell her everything he remembered from his parents and their life as siblings, a second chance to see his sister live.

Sooman parted his lips to speak but he didn't have to because Jinki knew what he was going to say.

“Sometimes we can make second chances happen…”

6ga3j8.jpg

Areum watched her husband and Sooman from the window of her father’s bedroom. They were finally having a normal conversation and it seemed to go well. She turned around and caressed her tummy. It was getting bigger not only because she was carrying two instead of one baby but also because she was eating a lot more lately. She seemed to be nervous and anxious all the time. Jinki was doing better now but her father wasn't so the last months were extremely nerve wrecking for her and really not good for the babies. She kissed her father’s forehead - he was finally sleeping after taking the sleeping pills and the pain meds the doctor prescribed - and then tucked him in before leaving the bedroom.

As soon as she closed the door and turned around she came face to face with Taemin. The last months were good for him, his cheeks were chubbier and he seemed happier, just like a regular college student.

“Jinki told me you are moving back.”

“I convinced him. We all know he wanted to but was being stubborn.”

Taemin smiled and they walked to the stairs together.

“It's getting big.” He said eyeing her tummy.

“Yes.” She proudly touched it “Did he tell you?”

“About being twins? Yes, with bright shining eyes exploding with happiness.”

Areum laughed and they finally reached the stairs together.

“A boy and a girl.” She added “We decided to name the boy after Jinki’s father and the girl after Audrey.”

“It's a good decision.” They would be very loved, a whole family was waiting for them, for a big reason to smile again.

Areum pursed her lips “What about Kibum?”

“Well the last news we had of him was of him leaving Daegu after visiting his parents. He left his dogs with me and Mina and then boarded a plane to Paris.”

“Did he meet Jae before going?”

Taemin didn't kill him. He almost did but realized that maybe Kibum would want to have a talk with him. So Jae was taken as a prisoner and was completely despised by everyone in SM. Audrey was well loved by everyone, so it was understandable why it was like that.

“No. He said he didn't know who he was.”

6ga3j8.jpg

- Paris, previous day -

 

Kibum sat in a park from where he had a good view of the Eiffel Tower. He spent his last days observing the people going by and taking pictures. Soon he needed to get back to Seoul because he had a meeting to decide where he would go for his next travel book. He didn't care where as long as he left somewhere far away from home. Being away from the ones he knew helped him believe the lie that Audrey was there alive, still waiting for him and that someday he would arrive in the mansion and she would smile and receive him at the door. It was a silly romantic idea but it made him want to breathe every day even if he was lying to himself. His heart was living in denial and he couldn't comprehend that she wasn't going to be back, he didn't dare to because everytime he thought about it his chest hurt too much. Kibum didn't even want to say her name anymore ever since she parted, afraid of breaking all his illusions because she wouldn't answer back. By lying to himself he was able to keep going.

A small blonde girl with two ponytails ran away from her parents and passed the garden bench where he was sitting. She twirled around happily and Kibum raised his camera to take a picture of her back. Small moments like that, moments of ordinary happiness intrigued him. He barely could remember the last time he felt like that, maybe it was when he had his last date with Audrey.

Kibum drank his iced coffee and checked the picture he took. He knew why he took it. She reminded him of another girl, the one in the picture he carried around. His wallet only had a picture of her parents before but now it also had a drawing of Gi’s kid. He planned to search for him as soon as he was done with his next book. It also had a picture of Audrey that they took together in his bedroom one of the nights she slept with him and another of young Audrey that he stole from the orphanage.

That wasn't his first time in that park. He visited it before with Jae and Gi, actually, that was the last place he was with them. The Gi and Jae for the last memories he had weren't the ones he knew and loved and he decided to remember them until that day in the park, until the day they died to him. That's why he didn't visit Jae, that's why he wished to never see him again. It was too painful and he wanted to simply let it go. Audrey would have preferred that instead of knowing that Kibum killed who was once his best friend. There was no point in doing something like that now. Nothing would bring her back to him.

“Je t’ai déjà dis de ne pas t’en aller toute seule Audrey!” ( I already told you to not go away by yourself Audrey!) the little girl's mother called her and Kibum laughed.

Of course, she had to be named Audrey.

He looked away trying to fight the mix of love and sadness that filled his heart when he heard her name. He was still ridiculous in love with her even though he knew that he had to stop it or he would slowly die of missing her.

He placed his hand inside his pocket where he had his good luck charm. He took it everywhere now. Kibum raised it in front of him. A small Eiffel Tower charm with the huge real Eiffel tower background behind it.

Kibum stole that from her bracelet before she was taken. He didn't go to the funeral but he was there, she took a part of him - the key amulet - with her. Couldn't he take a part of her too with him? Was it selfish?

He placed the amulet safely back into his pocket and once again watched the girl - Audrey - playing around the park. She was now following a crow trying to befriend it and Kibum smiled. His Audrey was once small like that too but sadly she didn't have parents to protect her and love her. It was so unfair that she grew up in that orphanage. His mind wandered to the time he visited that place and that's when he had an epiphany.

He knew where Gi’s son was. No wonder the kid from the video Smoke showed to him was familiar. He saw him at the orphanage drawing. Kibum moved his hand inside his other pocket and stood up taking a candy from it. He crouched in front of the little girl and offered her the candy.

She looked from the strange man to her father that nodded mouthing for her to thank Kibum.

“Merci!” the little girl said shyly and Kibum smiled at her.

“Merci à toi aussi!” (thank you too)

Maybe that was destiny playing with him, telling him to go back, that he had a promise to fulfill. He wished Audrey was there so that they could discuss that and bicker like the old times.

6ga3j8.jpg

Areum woke up in the middle of the night. Jinki was laying on his side turned to her and sleeping peacefully so she had no idea why she woke up. She sat on the bed carefully to not wake him up, he didn't sleep much the previous night because of his recurring nightmare and stared at the window. From the window of their bedroom, she could see the lake too so she got up and approached it.

She wasn't hungry, nor wanted to go to the bathroom. She also didn't feel sick so she was just...fine. Why did that make her uneasy? Nothing happened to her father either because she would know if it did. He now had a nurse 24/7. Areum stretched and left the bedroom. She carefully went down the stairs and put her shoes one after grabbing one of Jinki’s coats. She wrapped herself in it and walked along the lake in the direction of the mansion. She had no idea where she was going but she knew she had to. Before she reached the stairs that lead to the entrance she saw a man leaving a taxi. He only had a small bag and his blonde hair under the moonlight made him look as if he was a fairy.

“Kibum!” Areum screamed and ran to him. He startled turned around and barely had time to open his arms before she drove herself into him, hugging him tightly. “You are back!”

He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her back closing his eyes. They weren't even close before but after Audrey passed away somehow there was an invisible connection between them and Jinki. It was Audrey’s love that connected them.

“I'm so glad you are back!” Areum managed to say fighting the tears back. Being close to each other was as if they were close to Audrey too.

“You are big!” Kibum exclaimed pulling Areum away so that he could look at her tummy that her pajamas and Jinki coat couldn't hide.

“I am. It's twins!”

“Minho told me!”

“Of course he did. He is the best uncle ever.” She smiled and they both took a moment to breathe.

“But please go back to bed. Jinki will kill me if he knows you are hugging guys in the middle of the night only wearing pajamas.”

“It's alright. He knows you only love…” her voice failed her and Kibum gently smiled at her.

“It's fine. It's not a lie.” He walked to the door of the mansion hesitantly. Audrey's things were still in his bedroom. Her clothes, her perfumes, her memories…He disappeared as soon as it happened. He wasn't even present during her funeral.

“You can stay at my place and Jinki’s. Everyone is probably sleeping now anyway.”

“That's a good idea. You don't mind?” He could deal with the memories the next day.

“Of course not.” She pulled Kibum with her. “Do you want help with your bag? You must be tired!”

“No. You are pregnant.”

“Do you know about the names already?” She asked eagerly but Kibum nodded. “Ah, Minho again!”

“He can't help it!”

“Did you hear about his wedding? Did you come back because of it?”

“Yes and no. I found where Gi’s son is.”

“Oh!”

They entered the house and Areum the light in the living room while Kibum sat exhausted on the couch.

“Do you want to eat anything?”

“No, I'm fine. I'm only a bit jetlagged.”

“We are decorating the spare room for the babies but you can sleep in the couch...I'll go pick up some pillows and blankets.”

“Thank you.” Kibum let himself relax and Areum hesitated before climbing up the stairs. Instead, she sat beside him on the couch and Kibum looked at her. She pursed and bit her lower lip a few times fighting the tears and he sighed grabbing her hand.

“It still hurts very much. I'm sorry.” It was selfish of her but seeing Kibum made her feel weaker.

“It does. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Of what she would be doing, what she would say, if she would like a music I'm listening, if she would find my joke funny or scold me.”

Areum chucked agreeing with him.

“I wish she was right.” Areum said “I wish I had a solution for everything, I wish I could make her come back.”

Kibum inhaled deeply and pretended not to hear Jinki’s steps on the stairs. Areum didn't notice and he knew that was one of the perks of being an agent.

“I wish she was here. That somehow everything was only a nightmare and nothing happened. Or maybe if things happened differently…”

Jinki stopped at the end of the stairs and Kibum looked at him. Areum didn't even notice staring at the floor lost in pain.

“I wish she was right.” Kibum looked away from Jinki and caressed Areum’s back “I wish we could have some kind of control over our destiny.”

“She said that?” Areum asked.

“Yes, we were talking about Aeon and about destiny and how going back in time could mess up everything and she said that she believed that one makes their own destiny with the decisions they make.”

“Decisions…She believed I was able to make the right ones. Even about Aeon.” Areum bit her lower lip and the couch grabbing both Kibum’s hands “That's it. Aeon!”

“Oh no no.” He couldn't deny that the thought crossed his mind. Going back to save Audrey was very tempting but it was dangerous. Besides, could they make it work?!

“It was destroyed Areum. Jonghyun destroyed it.”

“The one Dokko had but we have ours. It's collecting dust but works.”

“Yes with a key that we don't have, that only Audrey knew where it was.”

That was insane and Kibum wished Jinki said something but he was only watching them maybe also like Kibum fighting his heart that said yes against his brain that said no.

“I have the key. Audrey told me I do!”

“You do?” that could work. He could see Audrey again, he could change the present and make her come back to them.

“I don't know where it is but I can find it. I know I can. Audrey said that I could decide if I wanted to use Aeon. Maybe it all happened for a reason. Maybe she built it for a reason.”

“No that's…” That actually made some sense. Maybe Aeon existed for that, for her to have a second chance, for them to have a second chance to love Audrey. However the possible dangers and consequences…” No, it's insane. Tell her Jinki!”

Areum turned around finally noticing her husband there.

“Tell her that this idea is insane that it won't work out.”

However, Jinki couldn't stop thinking about what Sooman suggested earlier that day. He didn't tell Areum anything yet but the idea of using Aeon stuck with him ever since that talk by the lake.

“It could work.” Jinki saw himself saying. That could be his second chance.”I will go.”

He would take the risk.

“No. You can't! I will!” She said.

“Are you both stupid? You are going to be parents! If anyone here can go then it's me. I have nothing to lose. The only thing keeping me sane is adopting Gi’s son, my parents and my puppies. If you take care of that for me then I will do it.”

“We will.” Areum said exchanging gazes with Jinki. They would adopt the little boy if it was necessary “We will love him as our own, we will take care of your parents and you know I love dogs.”

“It won't be necessary though.” Jinki said approaching them “You will be back safely. Actually…”

It wasn't a matter of being back. If it worked that reality ceased to exist.

“It will change everything.” Kibum said.

“It won't.” Areum believed “I think everything will happen more or less the same with some minor changes and...with Audrey here beside us.”

It was too tempting.

They didn't say anything for a while and Areum’s gaze shifted from Jinki to Kibum and back again.

“I can't believe I’m approving this.” Jinki said “I want to save her…” The words evaporated on the air but weren't ignored by the others that felt the same.

“Let’s do it.” Kibum nodded. He would die trying. Maybe that was his destiny or maybe that was the one he chose. Either way, he would do anything to change that reality, even if it meant using a machine that no one knew for real if it worked. Audrey believed in it though. She spent years researching and helping build it. She built the one SM owned all by herself, dedicating days of her life to it. Maybe it wasn't all in vain, maybe Areum was right and ever since the beginning she was building a way for her to come back.

“We only need to find the key.” Jinki approached the couch and sat on the other side of Areum.

Kibum chuckled. They only needed a key for Key to go back in time.

“I should have asked her.” Areum lamented “I was stupid.”

Jinki wrapped an arm around her and caressed her arm. “It’s alright. We will find it. Tonight we rest and tomorrow we start searching for it.”

Soon after Jinki and Areum climbed to their bedroom and Kibum changed into his pajamas and laid down on the couch covered with a blanket Areum offered him. The lights were all turned off but the moonlight entered through the window and bathed the floor in front of the couch. Kibum watched it, his mind drifting to a world where Audrey was alive until he was too tired to stay awake.

In his dreams, he walked down the corridor to Audrey’s office where Aeon was now resting. Areum was there waiting for him, next to the closed door. She smiled at him and then placed her hand on the door and opened it bathing the dark corridor with the light that came from Audrey’s office.

"What are you waiting for? She is here."

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

That morning they searched Audrey’s bedroom meticulously to the point that it caught Jonghyun’s attention that suspiciously asked them what they were doing. Areum played the pregnancy card on him, crying and justifying that assault at Audrey’s bedroom as a simple search for mementos.

Jonghyun didn't seem to believe her but he end up giving up on making more questions.

The search proved to be pointless and all three of them gave up and instead sat on Audrey’s office observing Aeon machine trying to figure out it's secrets.

Jinki typed on the computer keyboard and Kibum sighed by the window with his arms crossed in front of his chest. Areum sulked on her seat too touching Audrey’s notebooks that were neatly stacked on a pile. Audrey was like that, the opposite of her. The order in the disorder. She always knew what she was doing.

“She must have told me, give me a clue somehow so that I could find it by myself later if it was needed.” Areum believed.

“So? What clue did she give you?” Kibum asked.

“Audrey thought she wouldn't see me again, right? And she programmed both Aeon’s to work with the same key right?”

“So she programmed it when she was still working for Dokko. Before she disappeared and entered SM.” Jinki concluded sitting beside Areum.

“So she gave me the key before…”

Kibum uncrossed his arms and leaned over the desk facing Areum “Think carefully. The last days you saw Audrey, did she give you or say something special, out of ordinary maybe?”

Areum couldn't remember anything but Jinki could. “You said that she gave you a medallion with a picture of you two.”

Areum frowned and he added “You told me that night when…” He cleared his throat. She remembered or she wouldn't be looking at him with a hurt expression.

“You mean the night when you slept with me for the mission?”

“I didn't sleep with you for the mission.” Jinki corrected her and Kibum looked away feeling like an extra in that lover’s quarrel “ I loved you. That was the reason why I slept with you. Yes, I was an and I regret the way I treated you that night but...The reason was…”

Areum bit her lower lip and stared at the desk in front of her. Jinki reached for her hand and she let him grab it which was a good sign.

Kibum cleared his throat breaking the mood “So a medallion. Where is it?”

“Back in my apartment.” Areum said.

“We will pick it up. I’ll drive you there.” Jinki offered and she stood up.

Kibum smiled watching the couple leave the room. The wound Jinki inflicted on Areum would always be there and yet they patched it together and left the room holding hands.

He rarely felt jealous in his life but at that moment he would give up on everything to held Audrey’s hand again.

If their plan worked he would give up on everything just to have her again.

 

-6ga3j8.jpg

Once Areum and Jinki entered Audrey’s office Kibum wasn't alone anymore, Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho were there too.

“You all know!” Areum exclaimed surprised but Jinki wasn't. Of course Jonghyun caught on what they were planning, of course all of them had the same idea and of course all of them wanted to help. However, that was something only Kibum should do.

“We all volunteered to go!” Minho informed them as if it was needed.

“Thank you.” Jinki patted Minho’s shoulder and Areum approached the machine. Jonghyun opened the panel that would scan the key and they all held their breaths when Areum placed the necklace over it. They waited but nothing happened and Areum turned the medallion around and even opened it but still no change at all.

“It can't be!”

“Can I?” Kibum asked taking the medallion from a desperate Areum that was seeing all her hopes being crashed.

“Maybe you need to take the picture out. Maybe something is hidden under it.” Taemin suggested.

Kibum examined the medallion while Areum mumbled how it needed to be the key because Audrey told her that it was an important necklace.

Kibum rotated the medallion and checked it's chain and then opened it. Inside was a picture of Audrey and Areum from their school days. It seemed like an ordinary picture.

“Take the picture off.” Minho followed Taemin’s suggestion “Maybe it has a hidden clue for the real key.”

Jonghyun peeked at the medallion from behind Kibum’s shoulder and the later didn't even flinch lost in thought. Areum was right, for Audrey that medallion was important and probably only because of that picture, a small memento of their friendship, what served as an anchor for Audrey to keep her feet on the ground and yet never stop dreaming of setting sail someday.

“The key is you.” Kibum said in a lower voice remembering what Audrey told him several times and he completely ignored.

“What?” Jonghyun and the others looked at him cluelessly.

Only Jinki didn't seem confused. “Audrey said it.” His and Kibum’s eyes fell on Areum that blinked her eyes wondering what they meant.

“You are the key.” Kibum insisted. “She screamed those words at me. I'm an idiot!”

“Who? Me? What do you mean?”

Jinki turned to the computer and inserted Areum’s birth date and all the dates related with her that he could remember anything that might be a password.

That's when it also dawned on her. Audrey did say she was the key, not that she had the key. But what did that mean? Jinki already inserted her birth date, the date of her first book being published and even random words related to her and still the words Wrong Key showed up on the screen.

“Maybe it's the date when they met?” Minho suggested turning to Areum. “When was it?”

Areum didn't answer. All that time Audrey did leave it for her to decide when to use Aeon, for her to use it. By wanting to choose the right person to do it she put her best friend in danger and that's why she made SHINee protect her.

“It's not a date. It's not a word, nor an object” Kibum said his eyes on Areum. It was her.

As if she reached the same conclusion as Kibum Areum remembered an afternoon a long time ago when she visited Audrey in her office at Dokko. She knew what she had to do. Areum stepped closer to the machine and raised her hand and placed it on the scanner.

The screen blinked at the words Key accepted showed up on it.

“ it worked!” Jinki mumbled, his fingers freezing over the keyboard.

They all knew what that meant and none dared to say anything until Kibum broke the silence and chuckled.

“I’m ready to make history!” He took his coat off and placed it on the back of Audrey’s desk. That morning he thoughtfully changed into the same clothes of that day. If Audrey was right he would enter his body of the past but would look exactly like he did in that day. He didn't want to scare Audrey or anyone. It was better to pretend that nothing unusual was happening.

Before Kibum stepped on the platform Jonghyun pulled him into a hug. "Be careful out there. Take care of us.”

Kibum chuckled and pushed Jonghyun gently away. “Are you trying to make rumors of our relationship becoming romantic again?”

This time Jonghyun didn't complain and instead fought the tears and looked away.

Kibum turned to Taemin next and he offered him his gun. “You will need this.”

He would. Jae would need to be shot before he reached Audrey and he was the one who had to do it. He grabbed the gun and thanked Taemin.

Minho patted Kibum’s shoulder and he nodded at him before facing Areum that gave him a hug.

“Thank you for doing this.”

“I have to do it.” All those months ever since he lost her he was lost too and now he could finally see it, the path he had to follow, the destiny he had to fulfill, the one he wanted to accomplish.

He stepped into the platform and his gaze found Jinki’s that had finished typing.

“You will find yourself back, ten minutes before it happened.”

Ten minutes before he lost a part of himself.

“I'm ready.”

Jinki pursed his lips and Kibum could read the uneasiness in his eyes.

“It's fine Jinki. This is what I want. I have no regrets.”

Kibum took his time looking at his loved ones and then closed his eyes getting ready for the unknown.

Jinki pressed the button and Kibum smiled wishing hard that once he opened his eyes the person he wanted to see the most would be in front of him.

6ga3j8.jpg

He was back in the corridor leading to Audrey’s office but the door was open now. Areum’s hand opened it.

He crossed the corridor as fast as he could when he heard that familiar voice call for him.

 

Kibum, you came back for me.

 

Was that real? Did he die and was now in heaven?

He stopped in front of the open door. The room was empty and instead of Aeon, Audrey was there, wearing the same clothes from the day they kissed in the practice room.

“You are here.”

 

Of course I’m here.

 

She answered even though he couldnt see her move her lips.

 

Where would I go?

 

“I missed you so much.” Words would never be enough to describe the hole she left on his chest when she parted.

 

But I’m here.

 

Audrey smiled opening her arms as if she wanted him to complete the space between them.

“Are you really here? Is this a dream?”

It felt like he spent a lifetime away from her.

Audrey didn't answer and Kibum dared to open his eyes.

 

In front of Kibum, a woman was watching him confused. She blinked her eyes and moved a hand on her curly hair brushing it away from her sweaty cheek.

“A-Audrey…” It couldn't be real. She couldn't be real and yet her hand on his felt extremely real, warm and palpable.

“Kibum are you alright? You were mumbling something weird.”

His lips parted and he swallowed a sob before pulling her body against his.

Audrey hugged him back confused while he held her as if he didn't see her for a long time, as if they just didn't leave the room where she was captive after Jinki and he saved her.

She smelled and felt like Audrey and Kibum didn't want to let her go ever again. More than ever she seemed so fragile, so human and delicate.

He pulled away and touched her cheeks, cupping her face, caressing her skin that was back to being hot to the touch and slightly sweaty.

“You are alive.”

She chuckled admiring the intensity of his gaze “Yes I am. You just saved me.”

Kibum’s lips moved to hers hungrily and she gasped kissing him back, holding his hands that held her as if there was no tomorrow. The kiss was short but enough to make her weak on her knees.

“I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.” She answered completely oblivious to what he meant. If she knew she would probably freak out. He was sure Audrey would believe him though.

“You have no idea how much I missed you.” He rubbed his nose against her smelling her scent and then grabbed her hand firmly again.

“We have to go now. We need to hurry and make things right.”

Audrey wondered what he meant but Kibum was already running down the corridor pulling her with him, one hand taking a gun that she didn't notice from his pants waist, the other holding hers.

“Where are we going?” Audrey asked “To save Areum?”

“To the future!” Kibum said his smile never failing as if he knew that everything would be alright.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

- In the Future Present day -

 

Kibum walked down the stairs of the mansion slowly.

Things didn't go as he planned on his trip to the past. Aeon was still destroyed and they managed to save Areum but he got shot by Smoke when Smoke saw that he had a gun. Fortunately or unfortunately it hit his already hurt leg and even though he was now recovering it would never get back to what it was. Kibum wouldn't be able to go on a mission with SHINee again like he used to. But he really didn't care because SHINee was now doing small side jobs for SM and he could always help training the new recruits. He preferred it that way. He still had his photography and traveling job and more importantly…

Kibum entered the dining room where his family was already having breakfast.

“Ah at last. We thought you would sleep until lunch time.” Sooman said with a teasing tone.

His daughter scolded him playfully while Jonghyun taught Bora to do a swan with her napkin.

Minho smiled at him from beside Ayeong that was talking with Mina about music. Taemin greeted Kibum with a good morning and he passed by Jinki that was feeding Areum that was pregnant with twins.

A seat for him was saved between Taemin and a beautiful woman that greeted him with a huge smile.

 

Audrey.

 

Only her name made his heart beat faster.

 

Kibum sat beside her and grabbed his chopsticks. She quickly placed a bowl with rice in front of him and touched his arm.

“I'm sorry I didn't wake you up but you were sleeping beautifully.” She whispered blushing a little before placing a huge bit of egg roll inside .

He marveled at her beauty and smiled remembering the last night and the ones before that one. She slept in his arms after they made love and he couldn't have enough of that, of her, ever.

It was so worth it. Everything was how it should be now, the destiny he chose.

“Aren't you eating?” Jinki asked noticing the way Kibum was looking at Audrey as if he didn't see her for a long time. It was hard to let go of the past sometimes and accept the blessings of a miracle.

Sooman interrupted Jinki’s teasing by talking about Dokko which made Mi Jung scold him again.

Dokko was almost defeated and yet there was still much to do. Another organization like Dokko or The Union would come and go and they would always fight beside SM but things were different now. There was another sense of purpose. They weren't fighting only for the future of others but also for theirs that was worth living.

There was another primary mission to be fulfilled, their own happiness.

Kibum grabbed Audrey’s hand under the table and she smiled at him her cheeks tinged with red.

He knew what she was thinking, they talked a lot nowadays. Every night they would stay in bed sharing their feelings and thoughts and even silly stories from their past before they would make love. She was surprised with his change, with the fact that he now whispered confessions of love to her every night, touching her body as if her warmth was all he needed, the way he grabbed her hand whenever he could and stole kisses from her when no one was watching.

There was a sense of urgency in their relationship as if he didn't want to miss anything as if he knew what he would be missing if he let her go.

6ga3j8.jpg

Areum kissed Jinki cheek and then turned around leaving him alone in front of his parents grave. It was the first time he visited them. She accompanied him, holding his hand until he was able to speak and tell them all that they missed of his life until he introduced her and his babies that she was carrying.

Now it was Audrey turn to join him and Areum stood below a tree observing the two siblings hugging before facing the grave together, holding hands like they should have in the day the accident occurred.

Kibum joined Areum and they watched the scene in silence.

“Did this happen?” Areum asked suddenly turning to Kibum. He didn't answer but she knew that he knew what she was talking about. “Did we come to visit the cemetery together before? Me and Jinki?”

“What do you mean?” Kibum chuckled breaking the eye contact “Is the pregnancy making you lose your memory?”

“I know Kibum. The way you look at Audrey. I feel it. You went back in time to save her, didn't you?”

Kibum frowned.

“That's why you convinced my father in law to not destroy Aeon. You know where the key is, you know how to use it.”

Kibum studied her. Audrey was right all along. She was the brain but Areum was the heart and she could see through his feelings perfectly. That made him smile. If only she knew she was the key, the sole heart of Aeon…

“Yes. I traveled in time.” It was a funny thing to say but Areum didn't laugh. She knew he was saying the truth.

“What happened? Did I find the key?”

“The key is you.” Kibum said observing Areum that shook her head not thinking much about what he said. “It has always been you. If you think about it, you were the bridge that connected Audrey back to Jinki. You are indeed the key.”

Areum smiled content with Kibum’s answer.

“Also you were the one that had the idea of using it.”

“Really? I'm crazy!"

“I'm glad you are.”

Areum swallowed hard and bit her lower lip.

Jinki and Audrey were still holding hands and they looked so cute that her eyes filled with tears.

“Did you tell her?”

How can you tell someone that they died and you went back in time to save them because your life without that person was simply unbearable?

“No, and I don't intend to. It's better this way.”

“I won't tell Jinki either.” Areum said searching for a tissue inside her bag. Kibum was almost sure Jinki knew too though “The hormones are making me crazy.”

Kibum took one from his pocket and offered it to her.

“Oh by the way. This morning we find out that we are having twins.” Areum informed him “But you probably know it already.”

Kibum slid his hands into his pants pockets and shrugged “A boy and a girl. Yes, I do.”

“Really? A couple?” She widened her eyes and Kibum chuckled.

“Sorry, I thought you knew that already.”

Areum cleaned her eyes carefully not to ruin her eye makeup. “It’s alright. I’ll tell Jinki it was the doctor. I need to tell him!”

“Actually, you already had names for both of them.”

“I did?”

Kibum didn't say anything and Areum pressed her lips together waiting.

“I don't want to influence you.”

“Aigo just tell me. It was my decision after all. My other self-decision.”

“No way. I'm sure you eventually will choose the same names. You will need another name for the girl though.”

Areum inquisitive look could burn a hole on his head but Kibum didn't let her win.

He was done with the past, now what mattered was the future.

6ga3j8.jpg

- A few weeks later -

 

Audrey walked beside Kibum over the gravel road outside the orphanage. They came to visit Jihu, Gi’s son and it was magical how Kibum and the little boy hit it off as if they were two old friends. Coming back to the place where she grew at didn't make her sad anymore, on contrary now she saw the years she passed there as an important part of her life and identity. The pretty shoes Areum gave to Audrey as a present were covered with a layer of dust from the road and yet under them, they were still the same shoes. Even though she spent a long time inside that institution suffering and crying, her blood was still the same and she grew up to find the path back to SM, to the family where she belonged to. And now she even had Kibum, a marvelous man beside her.

He was lost in thought and Audrey grabbed his hand so that they could walk together as a couple.

“Are you going to adopt him?”

“I promised.” Kibum explained “I like the kid.” He remembered well how he met the little boy when he went to find out more about Audrey, how the boy started speaking to him and how he was good at drawing like his mother.

“He is indeed a nice kid. I’m proud of you for taking that decision.” It didn't bother her at all to know that he was the son of the woman he once loved, that he almost was that boy’s father and would be now as soon as his request to adopt Jihu was accepted.

“Are you going to tell him about his parents?”

Kibum was there when his mother died, he held her in his arms while she died. He killed his father - that abandoned him at the orphanage - even though it was in self-defense so that he could save Audrey and himself.

“He might hate me but I will tell him as soon as he is old enough to want to know it. I don't want to hide his origins from him.”

Audrey bit her lower lip and then kissed his cheek. “Thank you.” She knew how awful it was to live with a blank past. “I am sure he will understand.”

“Hum….say Audrey.” He stopped at the gates of the orphanage and waited until a truck passed on the road so that she could hear him clearly. “I will need help. Will you be his mother?”

Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. That was always how Kibum did things. Was that what she thought it was? A confession of love, no….it was…

“Will you marry me?”

A proposal.

“How can you ask me something like that here in the most unromantic of places in such a...way. Jinki did a whole event to propose to Areum.”

Kibum sighed and shrugged “Is that a no then?”

He walked away and she struggled to follow him. For a guy that still had pain in his leg once in a while, he was walking way too fast.

“It’s not a no, just a ask nicely please, make an effort.”

Kibum slowed down and grabbed her hand again. He didn't make another attempt to ask her to marry him or showed any signs of wanting to do it again which made Audrey pout cutely.

They walked down the road back to his parked car, a sulking Audrey and a rather amused Kibum.

6ga3j8.jpg

Bora ran down the steps of her house, carefully pulling the hem of her dress up so she wouldn't get it dirt or trip on it. Jonghyun and Mi Jung followed her, passing in front of the mansion and in the direction of the lake where the wedding would take place. Bora ran around Minho and Ayeong that were so close that were almost like one. In Bora’s eyes they were like an extension of each other. Soon it would be their wedding also but for now, it was her uncle Jinki wedding. He was already ready, wearing a black suit and looking like a prince in front of the lake under an arch decorated with sakura flowers.

He seemed nervous and uncle Kibum was beside him adjusting his tie. For Bora it made no sense why he was marrying her aunt Areum again. Everyone knew they were married already - Bora didn't go to the first wedding though because she didn't know about it and because back then her uncle was pretending to have almost no family. Now, aunt Areum was huge because inside her tummy were two babies.

Even if Bora didn't understand why, that wedding was happening and the garden was filled with well-dressed guests and laughter. Its been a while ever since Bora saw so many people happy in the same place. The ceremony was about to start and Bora sat on the bench on the front, next to her grandfather, where she could smile at uncle Jinki. He winked back at her and fixed his bowtie again as if it was needed. He was nervous. Adults were so weird.

Uncle Taemin showed up then with aunt Mina that looked extremely beautiful with a blue dress. Bora’s mother sat beside her proudly and Bora wiggled her feet. Her mother was the one who did the dresses for her aunt Mina and she was also the one that made Aunt’s Audrey beautiful pink one and of course the wedding dress of aunt Areum. Bora was especially curious about the last one. Her mother wouldn't shut up about it for weeks.

“Are you hungry?” Jonghyun asked Bora “You barely ate lunch and this will take a while.”

“She is fine.” Mi Jung said moving her leg in a nervous way.

“It's fine mom. It's only a wedding.” Bora reassured her.

“I hope everyone likes Areum’s dress.”

Jonghyun chuckled and started his usual monologue about how Mi Jung was talented and a bunch of other things that Bora was used to listening by now. Even though he always said the same thing it seemed to work and her mother relaxed. Bora turned around on her seat and smiled when she saw aunt Audrey came in their direction pushing Areum’s father wheelchair.

Mina’s brother that was behind Bora’s seat smiled at her and she turned around pretending to ignore him even though her cheeks were extremely red.

Was it alright to like a boy that was way older than her? Her father would probably not approve.

Bora’s thoughts drifted off and she chuckled along with the other guests when Kibum’s dogs obediently walked carrying the baskets with the rings and stopped in front of Kibum that grabbed both baskets and smiled brightly at Audrey because it worked. They spent weeks trying to teach the dogs that trick.

Suddenly everyone quieted down and Bora knew her aunt Areum has arrived even though she didn't turn around. Her uncle Jinki had the most dazzling and bright smile ever and he wasn't nervous anymore. He walked to the center of the arch and patiently waited, his eyes never moving from what he wanted or rather who he wanted.

Bora gasped when her aunt Areum entered her field of vision. She looked so beautiful, way more beautiful than any of Bora’s dolls or the idols and actresses on tv. The dress her mother made was pretty too and it had small tiny shining stones sewed to it that made aunt Areum shine brightly, as brightly as uncle Jinki’s eyes.

“Finally they have a real wedding!" Mi Jung said beside Bora her eyes filled with tears and even though Bora was too small to understand the words her aunt and uncle shared between them when they made their vows, she could feel the magic of the moment. Someday she would want to get married like that too, with all her family witnessing the moment, looking like a princess like aunt Areum. Her eyes drifted to Mina's brother and he smiled at her again. This time she smiled back.

6ga3j8.jpg

Audrey stepped on Jinki once again while they danced but he didn't say anything or even seem to notice. He was sweet like that and Areum was lucky to have him as her husband and she was lucky to have him as her brother. The emotions were overflowing inside her that night and Audrey laid her head on Jinki’s shoulder and let herself be guided by him under the stars and the beautiful twinkling lights that decorated the wedding party, tangled around the trees.

“Are you happy?” He asked making Audrey chuckle. She should be the one asking him that. As if he heard her thoughts he spoke again “I’m so happy I feel like I’ll explode.”

“I’m happy.” Audrey said closing her eyes letting that sense of belonging and safety take over her. She spent such a long time fearing and searching for her place in that world and now she was sure she finally was where she had to be. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Areum dancing with Minho. They seemed to be laughing about something funny and she barely could contain herself, touching her big tummy, tears falling down her cheeks. “My best friend is happily married to the man she loves and my brother is happy so...why wouldn't I be happy?”

The song finished and another one started but Jinki pushed her away from his arms.

“It was worth it then.” Jinki words confused Audrey and he then guided her hand to the man behind her. Kibum grabbed Audrey’s hand and Jinki stepped away and in the direction of his wife.

Kibum wrapped his arm tenderly around Audrey as if that was the first time they danced and yet the gesture was familiar and warm. He gently pulled her to his chest and held her against him while they danced to a romantic song.

For a while, they didn't say anything and Audrey let herself be guided by him, their gazes never parting from each other.

“It’s out of a drama.” he said.

“What is?” She frowned wondering what he meant but then nodded her head. “Ahh right. Everyone around us so happy.” Minho and Ayeong planning their wedding after going on a romantic trip together, Mi Jung and Jonghyun trying to give Bora a brother, Jinki and Areum marrying and Taemin and Mina dancing a few steps away from them, so close that there was no space between them. “It's like the ending of a drama, a happy ending.”

“No, that's not what I meant. The way you look at me, eyes full of love, that's like a drama.”

“Aish.” Audrey hit his shoulder playfully and he chuckled pulling her closer to him.

“Do you know what would make it even more perfect?”

“What would?”

He released her and took an envelope from inside his coat and offered it to Audrey that looked at him suspiciously before opening it. Inside were two plane tickets for Paris and she raised her eyes to him.

“Really?”

“We promised to go together didn't we?” He went back in time just to make that come true.

Audrey stared at the tickets and sniffed a little before looking at him with watery eyes.

“Does this have a special meaning? Are you going to purpose to me properly there, under the Eiffel Tower or while we eat croissants?”

Kibum quickly broke eye contact and then rubbed his neck “You really can't date a smart woman.”

Audrey chuckled knowing what that meant and wrapped her arms around his neck so tightly that he had to hold her back or both would fall back.

“Don't worry.” She whispered against his ear “I’m good at pretending to be surprised.”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Taemin rolled on the grass and Mina pushed her hair out of her way so that she could kiss him again. The music from the wedding party close by and the people passing only a few meters away from the place where they were hiding in the middle of the bushes making out, made it even more arousing and exciting.

Taemin rolled again, ignoring Mina’s struggle to try and stay on top and pushed her under him, pinning her down, his tongue entering while his hand moved under her dress. She gasped covering when he caressed her over her .

“You like that?” he whispered against her ear and she caressed his neck closing her eyes her lips purring in pleasure. She didn't even need to answer because he knew she was enjoying every second of it.

The sound of a very familiar voice made Taemin stop and he covered Mina’s mouth when she tried to speak.

“This house will be filled with kids soon.” Minho laughed out loud and Jonghyun chuckled too. “Jinki kids, yours…and someday mine.”

Mina widened her eyes and Taemin placed a finger in front of his lips. They couldn't make a sound or they would find them there, half-, clearly in the middle of .

“When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow we take a plane to Dubai and then we will decide where to go after. I will let Ayeong decide. I want to give her the vacation she never had.”

“That's a good idea Minho. I can't wait for that day. When this house is truly filled with kids.”

“Can you imagine Kibum as a father?” Minho laughed and they walked further away which made Taemin relax and uncover Mina's mouth. “He will be adorable. Can't wait to see that.”

“I can't wait to see Taemin as a father.” Jonghyun comment was almost unheard since they walked away laughing, the image of Taemin as a father seeming too funny for them. However Taemin heard it and Mina did too by the way she was looking at him.

He slowly sat up beside her and she did the same, brushing the leaves and grass from her dress. “Don't worry. I have condoms in case you don't.”

“You don't want to have kids?” He asked rubbing his ear as if he didn't care about her answer and Mina pulled her knees to her chest and laid her head on them.

“I do, later with you.”

He stared at her and Mina flickered his forehead making him frown.

“First there are so many things I want to do. We are still babies Taemin, we are only now learning how to make this relationship work.” he didn't say anything and she raised her head and instead leaned it against his arm.

“I'm not scared of the future because I know you will always be a part of it. Are you scared?”

Taemin looked at her thinking about the answer to her question.

No, he wasn't afraid anymore. Everyone he cared about seemed to be doing alright and he was...happy.

She knew what she meant. The future didn't scare him as long as she would be beside him. They had time to grow up, for now, he only wanted to be a young college student living his first love intensely knowing that she was the one he wanted to spend his life with.

He moved slightly and Mina looked at him wondering what was wrong until he pushed her down on the ground again.

She smiled pulling him to her and they kissed rolling around on the grass again.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Jinki's grip on Areum’s hand decreased when he reached his and she was able to take her hand away and caress his arm around her body instead. She turned her head so that their lips could meet while they made love.

Since her tummy was big now it was harder for them to find a good position for so they were trying new positions and she liked that one, with him laying behind her, his arms around her, holding her while they made love.

Jinki hugged her tighter and she kissed his arm and squeezed his hand against her chest.

“Are you ok?” he asked, his husky voice sending shivers down her spine.

She was more than ok. They were on their honeymoon in Jeju island and this time there were no secrets or anyone trying to ruin their happiness and kidnap her.

“You can stay on top next time.” He said raising his head wondering if he hurt her.

Areum laid her head on the pillow and looked at him, turning with her tummy up. She caressed his cheek down to his sweaty neck and then stole a kiss from his lips.

“I like it like this too.” It was romantic how he back hugged her during the whole act, kissing her neck and back. She didn't mind it like that.

“Good.” he smiled laying beside her still holding her arm and they stood like that facing the ceiling, the warm morning sunlight entering from the window. ”Maybe today we should do something besides and staying in bed.”

She nodded agreeing with his suggestion and then grabbed his hand caressing his fingers and wedding ring.

They were married now and this time he wasn't only Jinki. She was married with both Jinki and Onew.

“I’ve been thinking about the names of our babies.”

“Hum…” He nuzzled his head against hers and she curled his fingers one by one cutely playing with him.

“I was thinking of naming the girl after my mother and the boy after your father. What do you think?”

He raised up using his elbow to lean over her so that he could look at her face.

“If you don't like it we can change it.”

“No. I like it.” Jinki caressed her cheek and leaned down kissing Areum softly. “Maybe we should stay here just a little longer.”

“Maybe.”

6ga3j8.jpg

Kibum watched Audrey patiently. She was staring at the Eiffel Tower for a few minutes now and he couldn't understand what she could see on it that he couldn't. It was only a tower made of metal for him and not much more, maybe because he was there a couple of times already. However, for Audrey that was her first time in Paris, her first time overseas and everything for her was new and exhilarating.

“Aren't you feeling hot? We can buy cold drinks here nearby.” he offered but she barely moved her eyes that were shining brightly. He waited balancing his weight from one leg to the other and observing the several guys selling a bunch on unusual things to the tourists, or trying. One of them was going to approach Audrey but he looked at him so fiercely that he didn't dare to.

Finally, Audrey's gaze shifted from the tower to him and Kibum smiled delighted with her expression.

“Do you like it so much?”

“No. I just like being here with you.” She said stepping away and he followed after her wondering what was that all about then. They crossed the bridge together with Audrey walking in front of him like an excited kid. Kibum raised his camera and stopped, calling her name.

As soon as she turned he took the picture which made her cover her face embarrassed. Ever since the beginning of that trip he kept taking pictures of her was it on the plane when she looked awful with big panda eyes, on their hotel bed after they made love and her skin was red and sweaty or in the morning when she woke up with her hair a mess, or when they were around Paris behaving like tourists.

“This one looks perfect for the cover of my next book.” he said looking at the camera screen. Audrey didn't believe him by now, he always said that and in her opinion, she looked so ordinary and plain.

He showed her the picture and she grabbed his hand- so he would lower the phone for her. Once again it was only a weird picture of her looking at him confused, her hair in motion under her cute blue beanie she bought on the first day in Paris.

“You are making fun of me.” She complained, releasing him.

“I’m not. You look beautiful.” He looked at the camera again. Why couldn't she see the same he did? Her beautiful lips parted, her eyes enamored looking at him, her happiness pictured perfectly. “I'm keeping this one for sure.”

“You are teasing me.” Audrey tried to grab the camera to erase the picture but he raised it up away from her.

“I’m really not.”

She wasn't sure though because she couldn't even see his eyes because of his sunglasses.

“Give me the camera.”

He walked away and she followed after him jumping to try and take it from him. He chuckled admiring the way her dress swayed around her legs. She noticed his not so innocent gaze and stopped upset.

“At least take off your glasses and tell it to my face that it is actually a good picture."

He did as she said and grabbed both her hands on his.

“Trust me, I'm a professional. It's a really good picture. I'll use it as the cover of my next book!”

Audrey was going to deny it when she felt him slip something cold on her finger.

She knew what it was even before looking down at it.

“Maybe I should call it the last picture Audrey took before she promised to marry Kim Kibum.”

Audrey looked at the beautiful gold ring on her finger. It had a small white stone and she stretched her fingers to look at it properly.

“Do you like it that much?”

It was more than that. She never imagined herself marrying someone let alone that grumpy stubborn agent that she learned to love but didn't want anything with her at first.

“I truly made you fall hard for me.”

Kibum raised one eyebrow.

“ I mean, you didn't even ask and slipped it on my finger immediately too scared to lose me.”

She grinned happily that he gave her a reason to .

“Yes. I am too scared to lose you.” Audrey blinked her eyes not expecting that. “The solo thought of losing you…” again “makes it hard for me to breathe so please Audrey, will you stay with me forever?”

“F-forever is a long time.” She said in a weak voice.

“Not enough.”

His romantic words made her cheeks get red and he grinned knowing that she would never forget his proposal ever.

“So? Will you take me out of my misery?” He moved his fingers on the amulets of her bracelet, the small Eiffel tower clinging against the key one.

Audrey kissed him quickly on the lips and nodded.

“You are truly lucky Kim Kibum because I accept your proposal.”

She turned around and he followed after her, fitting his fingers in the middle of hers so that they could walk back together holding hands.

She was right. He did feel like the luckiest in the world.

6ga3j8.jpg

Jinki rolled in the bed and then stretched his arms and opened his eyes.

The last days were amazing and he was so relaxed and happy that he didn't want to even move.

However, Areum wasn't beside him so he sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

She was on her laptop writing so fast that it made him smile. Her inspiration was back and he was so happy for her that he wasn't even going to scold her for working during their honeymoon, sacrificing hours of sleep and resting while she was pregnant because of it.

Instead, he sat there admiring her. She was only wearing her bathrobe, her hair caught on a messy bun.

“What are you writing about?”

She turned around and scratched her shoulder.

“About you and SHINee.”

“Eh?” That woke him up “Areum you can't write about us.”

“No, what I mean is I'm writing about our love story. I changed our names of course and some details and the plot is made up but...It's about a secret agent falling for a woman he is supposed to use for the mission.”

“I was never supposed to use you…”

“I know.” She smiled at him comforting him. He didn't need to explain anymore “You loved me.”

“I love you ever since the first moment I laid eyes on you.”

“Eh, that's not true.”

“Alright. I was attracted to you ever since that moment.”

She stood up and sat beside him on the bed. They kissed slowly knowing that they had all the time in the world.

“How will you call this book?” He asked between kisses “How I fell for an irresistible y secret agent?”

“No. Perfectly Dangerous.”

He liked the name. It described exactly what it felt to fall for her.

“And I have several ideas for other books, like for example one about an idol falling for a common girl and one about a guy that can change shapes...he can be a wolf….or a cat….or...”

He kissed her again cupping her face but before they could decide what to do next they heard screaming outside in the hotel hallway.

Jinki stood up immediately and opened his bag. Areum watched him frowning, knowing exactly that he had a gun there.

How he was able to take one to the plane would always baffle her. Of course, SM had friends everywhere.

“What are you doing?" She grabbed Jinki that was hiding the gun under his shirt that he quickly put on.

“I need to check what is going on.”

“AH!” Areum groaned and before Jinki could do anything she walked out into the hallway of the hotel.

A man was there arguing with his wife that apparently was cheating on him. He had a knife on him and was branding it dangerously at the lover of his wife.

Jinki tried to calm them down not wanting to use his gun for something ridiculous like that. It would only bring too much attention to him and he only wanted to have fun in peace during his honeymoon.

“Areum go call the front desk and stay in the room.” He said pushing her safely away and she did as he said. While she was inside the room, Jinki tried to calm the couple down and he almost convinced the man to put the knife away when Areum came out of the room holding a decorative vase. Before Jinki had time to stop it she crashed it on the man's head that let the knife fall with him when he plopped to the floor, unconscious.

Jinki widened his eyes and grabbed her back to his side.

“Are you insane? He could have hurt you!”

“Yeah well, security might take a while to arrive and I won't let anyone ruin our honeymoon this time.” She stormed back to their bedroom and Jinki excused himself while the wife tended to her husband much to her lover's distress.

Jinki closed the door of the room and locked it. Areum was back in front of the laptop writing as if she didn't just knock out someone, and he walked to her wrapping his arms around her shoulder giving his wife a back hug.

He was going to scold her but somehow Jinki didn't felt like it, instead, he laughed heartily and she turned around, his laughter contagious because she also started laughing.

“You are indeed Perfectly Dangerous!” he said pulling her by her hand to the bed next to him.

 

THE END

 

2gt96ip.jpg

Did you really believe that I wouldn't give all my characters a happy ending? Pfff...

 
We spent a lot of chapters talking about a time traveling machine. Of course it would be used at a certain time in the story. Of course there was a reason it was built. It's like a closed cycle tied nicely with a bow. XD
 
I did speak a lot about this fic in the last chapter already and I must confess I'm very tired right now so I can't think clearly nor I want to write much.
 
This was my first action (?) fic and man I'm so bad at it. Still I had so much fun plotting this and playing with the mystery side of it. I know that it could have been so much better but still I'm proud of how it end up plot-wise. I did spend a lot thinking of the characters and how they relate to each other and how they got into SHINee, their backstories and motivations and wow...It was crazy at some times. So even though I know that this fic was "boring" for some and one of my less read ones I still don't regret writing it. Not at all.
 
Thank you to my beta reader and the real life Audrey that gave me the french translations and ideas that filled Audrey's life (she was the one who gave me the idea of Audrey and Jinki being siblings). And thank you to everyone that is always so eager to read this (yes you specially Dela XD) and everyone else who subscribed, upvoted and left comments that made me want to keep writing this even though sometimes my brain was combusting wondering how I would make everything fit and make sense.
 
I confess that I did think of a possible sequel but for now I dont think that plot wise it would be good and also I want to think of the SHINee team like this, like in this ending, happy, having babies, enjoying life. Therefore I think this is truly the end.
 
I'm glad I had the dream about secret agent Jinki or this would never have happened! ^^
 
As always thank you. And please check my other stories if you haven't yet (supposedly written by Areum ;) )