Mission XIV: Provocateur

Perfectly Dangerous

Secret Agents Dictionary:

 

Provocateur: An operative sent to incite a target group to action for purposes of entrapping or embarrassing them.

 

- Several Years ago before SHINee was created - 

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

The screams of the several students echoed on the courtyard and Jinki had to push some students away to reach the middle.

One boy was on the floor and the other one that was actually thinner and looked fragile was above him punching him.

Jinki didn’t waste any time and grabbed Taemin’s hand before he hit the one on the floor again. Taemin didn’t even see who tried to stop him, his elbow hitting Jinki on his nose making him groan.

“Ya! Punk stop that!” Jonghyun screamed helping Jinki, both pulling Taemin away.

 “The teachers are coming!” Someone said and the several students started to run away.

“ we have to go!” Jonghyun pulled Taemin and Jinki followed after them still rubbing their nose, while the boy on the floor did his best to escape too.

“What are you doing?” Jinki scolded Taemin once they settled behind the building beside a tree.

“You both know how that bastard deserved it!”

Jonghyun frowned not knowing what Taemin meant and he picked up his phone from his coat pocket showing a video to Jonghyun.

In the video the man Taemin just beat up was harassing a girl, taking off her clothes and filming it on camera.

Jonghyun pushed the phone away since he didn’t want to see it anymore. If there was something he hated above everything else was bastards who hurt women, animals and kids.

“He films what he does and posts online. He deserved it.”

“He did!” Jinki agreed still rubbing his nose that luckily wasn’t bleeding “But we can’t do justice like this.”

“No?” Taemin was exasperated “Do you want me to stay still and watch him hurt others? Isn’t that against what our father is teaching us to do?”

“Hey wait a minute!” Jonghyun uncrossed his arms “what are you talking about?”

Both ignored Jonghyun and Jinki released a deep sigh “He isn’t teaching you to beat up other people at high school. We need to finish school and not get any attention to us. I am one month away of graduation. ”

“I don’t get it…I really don’t get it.” Taemin complained caressing the knuckles of his hand that hurt.

“There are bigger fish to catch!” Jinki added “Once we finish the training we can be like the others, we can start working. Not yet…”

“What are you two talking about?” Jonghyun asked again and Jinki knew that it was time for Jonghyun to know.

Lee Sooman was interested in the young man for a while now since lately Jonghyun wrote a lot of articles to newspapers about human rights and the way the government was dealing with several crimes and social situations. So maybe that was the right moment to tell JJong about SM and what they did.

“Let’s have lunch together at our place. I’ll explain everything to you.”

Taemin watched his hyungs impassively. SM and what they were doing didn’t seem enough.

He wanted to start working already. There were people suffering at that moment while Taemin was learning in school. He didn’t want to wait anymore. It was time to start doing something!

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Present Day -

 

Audrey opened her eyes and raised her head to look at Kibum that was beside her, inside the huge dumpster.

He wasn’t looking at her, instead he was looking up and she turned her head to see what has caught his attention, while she moved her body to be sure that she was truly alive.

There were two Dokko agents looking back at him and one was already pointing his gun at Kibum.

His arm around Audrey pulled her against him and they both rolled to the side just when the man shot.

He stood up inside the huge dumpster and Audrey followed his example looking up.  The agents probably thought that it was danger to try and get them that way because they could kill her and weren’t at the window anymore.

“They are going to be here soon!” Key said jumping out of the dumpster as if it was nothing making her stare at him. Was he even human?!

He raised his arms for her as if she was a baby and Audrey moved her leg over the dumpster carefully. He didn’t give her much time and grabbed her by her waist pulling her off to the ground.

Audrey frowned with pain once she placed her feet on the ground but she tried her best to pretend that her foot didn’t hurt. She probably hurt it when she fell.

“Are you hurt?” He asked reading her perfectly.

“No I don’t think so!” Audrey lied still not believing that they jumped for that high and survived.

However once she settled her feet on the ground properly after he released her and she tried to walk beside Kibum she groaned with pain making him frown.

“It’s my ankle! I’m sorry!” She cried not able to pretend anymore. It was far worse than she thought.

“You fell over me and you are the one hurt?” He asked incredulous chuckling.

“Guess you aren’t that soft!”

“Damn!” Kibum his lips realizing that he had to carry her away and then turned around ready to piggy back her.

“Really?” She asked uncertain. “This is not the time to do couple things!”

“What couple things! Just climb on my back before they come!”

Audrey climbed on his back with his help and circled his neck with her arms and he easily stood up with her.

“I’m sorry!”

“You better be!” He complained upset walking as fast as he could with her on his back, in the direction of the place where they entered that was free of agents already. “You should feel sorry towards Mi Jung. You should have at least told me.”

Audrey puffed her cheeks “Would you have helped me escape if I told you?”

“Hell no!”

“See?!”

“But I almost died of worry!” He confessed turning behind one big container.

His comment made Audrey too satisfied and she hugged him more tightly, rubbing her head on his shoulder.

“I love you!”

Her words made him freeze and he almost went against a tree with her on his back.

“Are you going to answer back now and tell me what you were going to say before we jumped?”

“I’m busy trying to save us!” He answered pulling her legs up and still walking. “Keep watch and stop talking!” He needed to concentrate and that was hard with her saying things like I love you.

“Yes. I’ll do that!” Her sweet voice next to his ear made him shiver and before Audrey could ask him what was wrong they heard a sound near them.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Areum watched the scene in front of her horrified. She didn’t have any weapon and the only thing she had near her where her heels. She grabbed both of the shoes and used them to hit Smoke with all her strength, breaking one of them with the impact.

The man groaned but he didn’t release Jinki and kept strangling him as if he had a supernatural power, and Areum could see Jinki slowly losing his strength, his hands barely gripping Smoke’s now.

He moved his eyes to her and Areum saw his lips move as if he was trying to tell her something.

“Run..” She could barely hear him but she knew what he wanted. He wanted her to escape, to survive but she didn’t move away. No way would she leave him!

 Areum cried and threw her heels away since that didn’t seem to work and instead sat over Smoke grabbing his hands trying to pull them away from Jinki. If Jinki was going to die there then she would die with him.

For a while her weak tries to push Smoke away seem to help Jinki breathe and she could see some of his strength getting back to him but not for long.

Smoke moved his body trying to shake Areum away and she moved her hands form his arms to his neck strangling him. “YOU BASTARD, RELEASE HIM!”

Smoke groaned but still he didn’t release Jinki so Areum changed to plan C.

She placed her hands on his face and pushed her fingers into his eyes. She closed hers trying to ignore the gruesome thing she was doing but it was working. Smoke screamed in pain once she pressed his eyes with all her strength and he released Jinki to make her stop..

Areum smiled victorious seeing Jinki cough for air but her grin was erased pretty quick when Smoke moved his elbow to hit her with all his strength throwing her to the floor beside him.

“You ing !” He cried in pain covering his eyes, trying to move from above Jinki that was still coughing, color coming back to his face.

“I’m going to kill you!” Smoke threatened uncovering his red eyes and looking at Areum that was now bleeding from her nose but she wasn’t afraid anymore, she couldn’t even feel any pain. Jinki was still alive. She saved him like he saved her so many times before.

And now it was two against one since Jinki seemed to have recovered. She was right once he punched Smoke making him fall beside him just by her side.

The positions were inverted when it was Jinki time to straddle Smoke punching him insensately.

He hated that man with every cell of his body. Not only he was part of the organization that killed his parents but he also dedicated his life to hurt others who couldn’t defend themselves. He shoot Areum’s dad, he kidnaped her and Audrey, tortured Areum and humiliated her. He wanted him dead, no he wanted him to disappear from Earth and he didn’t mind to punch him until he was sure he couldn’t move anymore and hurt the ones he loved.

Areum watched the scene in a daze, how Jinki punched Smoke to his death without any second thought. That was a copy of the man she saw on the forest, the one who killed that Dokko agent that tried to abuse her. However he wasn’t only Onew he was Jinki too and even though she hated Smoke and wanted him death she didn’t want Jinki to kill him, she dint’ want him to lose his mind.

She moved on the floor beside them, watching the blood spilling from Smoke mouth while Jinki punches slowed down because he was getting tired, his breathing and the sound of the punches filling the room.

“Stop...” She said grabbing Jinki’s arm pulling him back. “It’s enough…”

Jinki released a deep sigh and looked at her with a very tired expression.  “We should go!” She said trying to keep him away from that vengeance side of him, to keep him human.

Jinki raised himself up from Smoke, who now seemed unconscious and looked at his bloody hands. Areum did the same watching him carefully. He didn’t scare her, but she was afraid that all the killing was taking a toll on him.

He did kill so many times before but this time it felt different. He wasn’t acting as Onew, he wasn’t killing as Onew, he was doing it as Jinki.

“Jinki?” Areum called.

That seemed to work and he quickly cleaned his hands on his black t-shirt and then walked to grab his coat that was beside the fallen chair.

She was right. He wouldn’t kill him, not in front of her and not like that. He could die on the blast once they detonated the bomb.

“Let’s go?” Areum asked uncertain eyeing the door and wondering why he went to get a coat so calmly when the only thing she wanted to do was run away as quickly as possible.  She realized why they called him dubu. He could be deadly but he seemed so inoffensive and gentle.

Jinki stopped beside her, eyeing the man on the floor.

“Is he dead?” Areum asked moving to check him for vital signs but Jinki grabbed her hand before she did it.

“No. Just badly hurt.” He would be if she didn’t stop him.

He released her and then crouched beside Smoke that moved slightly making Areum step back, cleaning the blood of her nose with the back of her hand.

He was moving so he was alive and still could hear what was happening on the room.

Jinki seemed to know it and she watched how he slowly approached Smoke, speaking slowly to him, next to his ear but loud enough for her to hear.

“If you get near her or anyone I love again I won’t stop next time. I will rip you apart.”

Jinki’s voice sent shivers down her spine and she knew he wasn’t lying.

He stood up and gently placed his coat around Areum’s body. “Put this on and don’t take it off!” The coat had a tracking device. If anything happened to him then at least the team would find her before anyone would be able to take her away.

However she perceived it as him trying to cover her up, after all she was almost , and quickly placed her arms inside the sleeves glad that she could at least cover her heavy cleavage.

 “Thank you!”

He grabbed her hand after she was done and Areum didn’t complain, holding his hand back.

“Stay behind me.” He said “I don’t have any kind of weapon and we don’t know what we are going to find outside so…”

“I will! I’ll do what you say and I won’t run away or do anything stupid. I swear!”

It was enough of stupid decisions, this time she would stop being impulsive and would follow him instead.

Jinki smiled softly and both walked to the door. Areum sent Smoke a last look before Jinki opened the door.

They walked outside holding hands, Jinki hand firmly holding hers as if he would never let it go now. 

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Several Years ago before SHINee was created -

 

The tic-tac of the clock on the wall made Taemin nervous and he moved his eyes from the wall to the man in front of him on the other side of the desk, the same man that adopted him as his son.

“Jinki told me about the fight and why it happened.”

“I’m tired to stay still. I want to start working.”

“You are still young.”

“Jinki went on missions with my age.”

“Jinki trained since he was a kid.”

“I’m doing my best too!” Taemin said leaning forward on the table.

Sooman knew he was. Actually he was one of his best trainees, he could surpass Jinki if he wanted; maybe because Jinki was too gentle at heart to be an assassin. Taemin had that fiber, he wasn’t afraid of anything.

“I can’t simply send you with the other agents.”

“Then send me with Jinki. Make us work as a team, both of us. I know I can help!”

Sooman wrinkled his nose in thought and Taemin knew that he could convince him if he said the right things.

“There are so many people suffering. We could start with small missions and climb our way up. We could have a team of our own.”

“Two men are not a team.”

“Jonghyun! We have him too!”

Sooman crossed his arms looking at Taemin “We aren’t super heroes. Jinki is experienced but Jonghyun only decided to join us today. It’s not like we can send him immediately to work. His weapon is the word, the way he moves people with what he says, he isn’t a fighter and…”

“We can train together. The three of us! We can find our own place on the team and recruit others. Give us a chance please.”

“I’ll give you one year to train together and after that we can see.”

“Will we have a special group then?” Jinki asked from the door, from where he was listening to the conversation without saying a word.

“Yes!” Taemin the chair facing him excited “We can be a group that can give others hope. Someone that can bring light back to their lives…”

“SHINee.” Sooman said suddenly.

“What?” Jinki asked, the name sounding weird to him.

“SHINee…” Taemin repeated. He liked it. No! More than like, he knew that that name was meant for that team that was just starting.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Present Day -

 

“Where is Lee Audrey?” Minho asked the masked woman again.

She didn’t answer and instead took off the mask.

Minho didn’t move but his eyes widened when he saw Nana in front of him.  For years he wished to see her again and now that she was again in front of him looking the same as always he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do.

He grasped the gun strongly and for a brief moment Nana was afraid he would actually shot her. She couldn’t blame him since she was supposedly the enemy.

“What are you doing here?” He managed to ask.

“Smoke contacted The Union president. He is here; apparently he came to collect Song Areum, Onew’s wife. He sold her to punish him. However I managed to hide Audrey on a safe place and I was right now trying to help Onew and Areum. That is why I was turning off the light.”

Minho looked at her suspiciously and Nana stepped forward on his direction. That only made him raise his gun and point at her.

He didn’t trust her and she knew why because she gave him reasons not to, because she lied and betrayed him.

“Are you trying to tell me that you are on our side?” He asked pointing at her, his hand trembling a little.

“I still can’t believe that my sweet Minho is now a secret agent!”

“Sweet?” He chuckled “Why? Because I was weak?”

“No, because you have a heart too pure to hold a gun!”

He rolled his eyes at her comment “Right, I’m an idiot. I forgot how stupid I was before when we met.”

“You were not stupid!” Nana stepped closer even though he was pointing at her ready to shot. If he killed her then be it.

“Step back!” He warned her and that made her smile. He didn’t want to hurt her, he didn’t want to kill her or he wouldn’t have warned her.

“Sorry!” Nana raised her hands in the air so he could see she didn’t have any weapon “I’m so sorry for what I did to you but, you aren’t and you were never an idiot.”

Minho swallowed trying to focus on his mission. “Where is Audrey? Take me to her.”

“I will!” Nana said immediately. “Stop pointing the gun at me. I’m unarmed and I won’t ever hurt you.”

He frowned because that was a lie. She hurt him already and very deeply in the past, and she didn’t even need a gun for that. However Minho slowly let his hand with the gun lower down.

“If you are lying about Audrey I will shot you.”

Nana nodded her head and signaled for him to follow her.

 He did suspiciously, his hand still holding the gun.

That Minho behind her that looked exactly like the Minho she fell in love with wasn’t him anymore. 

 

6ga3j8.jpg6ga3j8.jpg

The warehouse was empty and silent but still Taemin entered it in full alert.

His eyes scanned the room checking for possible Dokko agents or hurt allies.

There was a tall strong man bleeding on the floor next to two chairs, and from the amount of blood on the floor he was dead for sure.

Taemin passed by him and noticed a woman’s body there. She was blonde but still he carefully brushed the hair away from her face. It wasn’t Areum so he stood up relieved.

He was going to check the rest of the room when something caught his attention.

The big man on the floor, he had something on his arm.

Taemin crouched beside him and carefully grabbed his now cold and lifeless arm.

It was a tattoo very similar to the one that hunted him in his dreams, a skull wearing a crown. The man who killed his brother had that same tattoo but this one was a little different and had no crown. The skull was the same though and Taemin was sure that there was a connection between them.

He picked up his phone from his pocket and photographed the tattoo before he stood up.

Jinki and Areum weren’t there anymore. They must have run away safely. The only thing left there were two dead bodies and a small pool of blood.

Taemin hurried leaving the warehouse. 

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Years ago when SHINee was only 3 members -

 

Agent Onew followed after the thief that named himself Key.

He wasn’t sure why he was using that name but it fitted him since Key easily took them out of the building.

“Less than 3 minutes for the other agents to arrive!” Jonghyun warned just when Key opened the last door, both stumbling into the main entrance of the fake pharmacist company that served to make drugs instead of medicine.

A shot made both freeze and Jinki raised his arms immediately releasing his gun while Key fell to the floor holding his leg, the bag with the white powder falling beside him, his foxy eyes on the thin man in front of them, surrounded by two guards.

Onew knew him, his name was Choi Jihun and he was the owner of The Union, a ion organization. Recently he entered the drugs business too.

“Who are you?” The man demanded to know.

Onew smiled slightly because he could see how the hands of one of the agents shock nervously. That agent knew him and he could use his fame on his advantage.

“Onew.”

Jinki was young but his name was already out there on the streets making several fear him and apparently that man wasn’t indifferent to it.

“I’ve heard of you.”

“Good. You are lucky then. Many don’t survive after they heard of me.”

Jihun didn’t seem afraid and instead moved his eyes to the man on the floor that looked at him with hate.

“And you?”

“Key. I’m almighty Key!” The sassiness on the blonde man’s voice made Jihun upset.

“You really think that you could steal my drugs?!” The men shock his head slowly “So innocent! Grab them!”

At Jihun order both men moved to grab Onew and Key but things didn’t go as they planned. Onew used the fact that the man was nervous to approach him easily and make him unconscious. He only had to make him trip and then he hit him on his chest with his elbow.

Key used that moment to stand up in pain and punch his attacker too and both men were quickly neutralized leaving Jihun alone and defenseless staring with fear at them.

“Two minutes…” Jonghyun warned.

Onew helped Key stand up properly and grabbed the bag with drugs, both leaving the building while Jihun watched them incredulous.

“You can’t take what is mine!” He screamed going after the agent and the thief and that was what probably saved him because suddenly an explosion was heard and the fire alarms rang to life while the fire started to feed from the building.

“NO!” Jihun screamed watching the ruin of what he built, of his new business.

“You should have told me about the explosion!” Onew remarked to Jonghyun that was on the other side of his earpiece.

“It wasn’t us!”

“It was me!” Key said grabbing the bag from Onew’s hand. ”I need it!”

“What for?” Jinki frowned wondering if he just helped the wrong guy getting the drugs.

“I need to compare it with a sample I have…” Key groaned in pain, his leg bleeding “It’s important…please!”

Jinki didn’t have time to answer because, Jihun that was on the floor on his knees desperate looked with rage at Key before he threw himself at him.

“Watch out!” Onew screamed but it was too late because Key lost his balance and both men fell on the floor fighting, the bag with the drug forgotten beside them. It was actually funny how Jihun tried to hurt Key and failed miserable even though the man attacked was hurt.

Onew picked up the bag from the floor and watched them amused because Key easily took control of the fight punching Jihun and making the man cry of pain and humiliation.

“Give me a reason to not kill you!” Key threatened making the other man cry of fear.

He didn’t gave him any reason but Jinki had several.

“We have to go! More agents are coming! We don’t have time!” Onew said urgently grabbing Key’s arm and pulling him away from Jihun.

The blonde man complained turning his head to see Jihun crying on the ground.

“What are you doing?! I needed to kill him…”

“No. You need to stay alive. You saved me when we were inside and now I’m saving you!” Onew said pulling Key on the direction of a black car. Base was the driver and they were going to be safe.

“Aren’t you afraid to take a man you barely know with you?” Key asked, limping to the car.

“No. I think we are going to be good friends. Have you heard about SHINee?”

Key frowned because the name wasn’t unfamiliar to him. They were often target as direct enemies to the organizations he hated so SHINee was a friend for sure.

“Yes. I did!”

“Good! We have a lot to talk about after you compare these drugs to the sample you have!” Onew said opening the door for Key to sit inside the car just when Ace approached them by bike.

Mission accomplished!

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Present Day -

 

“Grab the gun!” Kibum said quickly taking off his gun from his belt and giving it to Audrey. “Shot it as I told you to do.”

They turned around , facing the place from where the sound came and Audrey grabbed the gun with one hand trying not to shake much and completely failing at it worrying Key.

He was going to place her on the ground instead when Base showed up.

“Oh thank God it’s you!” Audrey exclaimed relieved that she didn’t have to fire the gun.

“The communication system stopped working!” Jonghyun said worried “I lost contact with everyone inside until the system restart.”

“! How long?” Kibum asked while they quickly walked after Base to the van.

“Maybe five minutes!” Jonghyun sighed “ Someone did it to us. Someone that knew that we were going to be here.”

The mole!

“At least you found Audrey!” Jonghyun said relieved.

“Actually she was the one who found me in a  way!” Key said.

“…and then we jumped from a window and I hurt my ankle!” She finished.

Base smiled weakly remembering the conversation he heard before the system died and making Kibum blush.

“We need to get back!” Audrey said once Base opened the back door of the van so Key could enter with her inside it. “Areum is still inside!”

Kibum placed her on the seat and knelled in front of her taking off her sneaker.

“What are you doing?” She asked watching him take her sock off too, his fingers touching her ankle making her cry.

“It’s a light sprain. You will be ok!” He said smiling before he stood up and turned to leave.

“Wait!” Base asked grabbing his arm “Let’s wait for the system to restart.”

“They might need help. You know I have to go and you need to stay here with Audrey.”

“Wait!” She complained too “You can’t go alone!”

“Minho, Ace and Onew are there. I won’t be alone!”

Key’s words didn’t make Audrey feel better and she saw on Base expression that he didn’t feel well about him going either.

“I’m going!” Key said one last time leaving the van and Base mumbled something that looked a lot like a bad word, turning to this computer.

“He will be ok right?” Audrey asked still eyeing the door of the van.

Base didn’t answer and she hugged herself worried. Everyone she loved was outside and in danger and she couldn’t do anything about it. 

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

Areum knew that she shouldn’t be still holding his hand but he didn’t release it and she also didn’t want to.

He almost died, she almost died and the only thing she wanted to do right now was to touch him, to feel that he was alive. His cut was bleeding and he had the marks of Smoke’s hands on his neck. He also seemed exhausted and Areum wasn’t sure if he was more tired physically or mentally. Maybe he was just focused on what he had to do, on the mission and that was making him seem distant to her. It hurt Areum to see him like that and she did as he said, walking behind him, so close that she was always bumping against him.

He didn’t seem to mind, pulling her to hide behind the furniture while he peeked at the hallway ahead.

They saw two Dokko agents running on their direction, probably because they were going to report back to Smoke, and he pulled her back with him, hiding behind a huge machine that she wasn’t sure what it was for.  The two men passed on the corridor without noticing them but Areum didn’t care. His body was pressed against hers and he was finally looking at her. Jinki didn’t move away even though they were alone again and she didn’t either.

“You were amazing. “ He whispered paling and she knew what he meant “I mean when…”

“I know.” He clearly didn’t mean the whole “fake ion moment” But the way she helped him instead. She was just glad that he was still there, her Jinki. That was her Jinki.

“You saved us.” He said proudly, closer to her lips making her confused. They were in danger and yet she was so damn aroused and wanted him to kiss her. Apparently he was too and she realized that it was true that the adrenaline of being in danger gives you a hell of . But it wasn’t only that, it was more than that. It was also because they were together after thinking that they were going to die.

“We are great together.” Jinki smiled touching her cheek “We are a great team.” He added his smile fading.

She knew what he was thinking. She asked for a divorce, there was no together anymore.

“We are!” She agreed but he was moving away already ignoring all the signs that she wanted him to kiss her.

“We can talk about it later.” He said “Are you hurt? Your legs…”

“I’m ok!” Areum added quickly. It was better that way. What happened didn’t change anything about them as couple and there was plenty of time to talk about it later once they were both safe.

“Good. We need to run now.”

She nodded her head and grabbed his hand. He didn’t seem to notice but she knew he did.

“We need to find Audrey!”

“We will!”  Jinki peeked again and they both started running before another Dokko agent crossed their path.

That’s when someone else crossed their path and it wasn’t a Dokko agent, it was someone that Jinki didn’t want to meet, someone that was high on his list of people he would probably kill if he had the opportunity to.

Areum stopped beside Jinki as tense as him because in front of her was that disgusting man that examined her, the same one who bought her, The Union president, Choi Jihun.

Jinki stepped forward placing himself in front of Areum and she peeked from behind him like a little kid.

 “Not you again!” Jinki said in a joking tone event though his body was tense. “I thought you didn’t want to meet me again after the last time we met.”

“Where are you going with my new pet?” The man asked ignoring Jinki comment about their past.

“The business is off. She isn’t for sale.”

The man crossed his arms and Jinki could see that he had a gun under his coat. That gesture was clearly for him to see it.

“Song Areum.” Choi Jihun said “Daughter of a dying man, mother is gone, married but not for long. Poor creature is alone in the world and I gently offered to give her a place to stay and even a job.” The man smiled raising his hand “Come my darling and no one needs to get hurt.”

“I’m not going with you anywhere!” Areum said from behind Jinki “And I’m not your darling!”

Choi Jihun crossed his arms and made a noise of amusement watching the scene in front of him “I really don’t want to hurt you Onew.” The man his lips “Is Key around here too? I bet he is. Interesting, we could all have a sweet reunion and chat about the last time we were together.”

“I remember it pretty well…your crying face...” Onew said jokingly and Areum realized that he didn’t take that man that serious for whatever reason “And we are in a hurry. So if you excuse us.” Jinki grabbed Areum hand again but Jihun pointed the gun at him.

“You aren’t leaving this building with her, you know that! Actually you aren’t leaving it at all! Give me my new toy and I’ll do it quickly so you won’t suffer much. I’m being very generous after what you did to me in the past.”

“What did you do to him?” Areum asked almost in a whisper.

“Nothing much...I let Key spank him!”

“He probably deserved it.”  Areum added making Jihun groan of frustration.

“Are you two joking with me? Give the woman to me! NOW!”

Areum swallowed feeling Jinki tense up again and she realized that mocking a man with a gun wasn’t probably a good idea.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Three years ago -

 

Audrey watched Director Oh collecting all her papers from over the table and then her lips before making the question. The worse case scenario was getting a no from her.

“I was wondering if I could visit my friend.”

The older woman stopped what she was doing and raised her perfect outlined eyes to Audrey.

“Friend?”

“Yes, Song Areum. I was wondering if I could see her from afar now that everyone thinks I’m dead.”

“NO.”

“I did visit her before with Jonghyun during my funeral…”

“NO.” The woman stared at Audrey and she almost flinched “It is out of question and if that is true I need to have a serious conversation with Kim Jonghyun.”

Audrey swallowed nervously knowing that she just said something she shouldn’t have.

“I almost pointed a gun at his head for him to take me!” Audrey said not that convincingly.

Director Oh frowned and crossed her arms “I’m not sure what you think you are doing here Lee Audrey-ssi, but you are only here to work not to be friend with the agents. I hope you stick to what you have to do and only that.”

Audrey nodded her head and Director Oh left the meeting room.

“Why does she hate me so much?!” Audrey wondered out loud.

“She has a crush on Kibum!” The voice of a man made Audrey turn around surprised since she was supposed to be alone.

Taemin was sitting on the edge of the window watching her.

“How did you…?”

“I’m practicing…climbing, spying…Sometimes I do it! Did you notice me here?”

“No. Not at all!”

“Good! “ He said jumping inside the room as if it was as easier as drinking a glass of water.

“You said she has a crush on Kibum!” Audrey repeated more interested in that than in Taemin’s ninja skills.

“She does. Actually in all of us. But it’s worse with Jinki and Kibum. Since one is the boss’s son and the perfect bachelor and the other is skilled in almost everything, the perfect agent!”

“Really?” Audrey couldn’t imagine Director Oh with her perfect feminine suits and hair caught up on a bun interested in any of the agents romantically.

“Yes. She always hated any woman that got closer to us. We are supposed to be machines not common men.”

“Are you machines?”

“I am! The others aren’t. All of them are in love, machines don’t love!”

Audrey watched the young man walk around the room and realized that she never spoke much with him. He was the one always quite around her and now that she thought really hard about it she mostly only saw him smile when he was with the rest of the team.

“All are in love?” Audrey asked playing with her curly hair…all…it means Kibum too.

“Minho is in love with a woman that he is searching for years.” Taemin sat over the table of the meeting room watching Audrey amused, as if he liked the teasing he was doing, feeding her with info about SHINee members, giving her what she wanted but slowly. “Jonghyun is married with Mi Jung. Jinki is in love with your friend and Kibum…”

“Kibum?” If Audrey was a dog her ears would be upwards now in full alert and that made Taemin chuckle.

“I guess you need to ask him!” Taemin said moving his head on the direction of the door just when Kibum entered the room with a cup of tea.

He didn’t seem surprised to see Taemin there and that was mutual but he was by seeing Audrey.

“You made it!” Kibum said speaking to Taemin.

“It was easy to climb! How long did I take?”

“3 minutes!” Kibum answered ignoring Audrey presence in the room like he often did lately.

“You were practicing together?” She asked looking at him sweetly still thinking about what Taemin said.

“What?” Kibum asked suspiciously.

“Nothing!” She blushed looking away wondering if Taemin was saying the truth and Kibum was in love too. Could it be with her?

They did kiss the week before, on her bed. She didn’t have a way to measure the time it lasted but it wasn’t a short kiss so it wasn’t a mistake, he also wanted to kiss her.

However after the kiss he didn’t say anything and just left. The following days he acted as if nothing happened as if that kiss never happened and it confused Audrey.

Could he be in love with her?

Kibum drank his tea while he spoke with Taemin seeming to completely ignore her and her thoughts. 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Present Day -

 

“I told you! I left her here!” Nana said once again looking at the hole on the wall that was now empty and had no sign of Audrey being there. “She must have got tired of waiting!”

Minho didn’t seem convinced “I told you I would kill you if I found out that you are lying!”

“I’m not lying!” Nana insisted lowering her voice remembering where she was. “We need to find her though!”

“Minho!”

Minho touched the ear piece hearing Jonghyun’s voice once again.

“I’m having….problems…..unstable…”

Minho touched the earpiece and frowned because the noise was making his ear hurt. It looked like Jonghyun was having some problems.

“Audrey is here….safe….Kibum…. look for Jinki…”

Minho raised his eyes to Nana and took of his ear piece because he barely could understand what Base wanted to tell him, but he did understand one thing. Audrey was safe.

“We got her. She is alright!” He informed the woman that seemed relieved.

“Do you really want to kill me?” She still asked noticing how he was still pointing at her.

“No...” He lowered the gun again “You helped her…”

“Only because of that?”

Minho didn’t have time to answer because they suddenly heard someone speak and not that far away from there. Nana immediately grabbed his arm making him freeze, his eyes on her fingers.

“Nana…” He complained but she placed a finger in front of her lips making him shush, both hearing the conversation.

It was Jinki’s voice. Minho recognized it immediately and there was someone else there, another man.

“The business is off. She isn’t for sale.”

Jinki said loudly.

“Song Areum…” The other man said making Nana grasp Minho’s arm.

“It’s Jihun!” She whispered to Minho “The Union president. We need to kill him!” She said immediately turning to Minho with urgency.

He though she was going to ask him to kill him and he would do it with pleasure but instead she grabbed the gun on his hand “Lend it to me, please.”

“What?” Minho asked his eyes seeming bigger than they were.

“Trust me please. Just this once! I’m going to help your friends. I will help Onew, I owe him!”

“No!” He wasn’t going to give her his gun.

“He saved you!” Nana added “It’s my turn to save him and his wife.”

Her hand moved from the gun to his hand and Minho knew what she meant. Onew told him that before, about how she asked him to save Minho.

Her fingers on his hand seemed to soften his heart because Minho let her take the gun from him.

He was weak to her, he loved her and if she wanted she would kill him easily. She almost did once but for Nana his life was more important than her own.

“You can shot me after if you want!” She said grabbing the gun firmly.

“Give the woman to me! NOW!”

Jihun screamed not that far away, probably at the end of the corridor.

Nana quickly kissed Minho cheek before she turned around to settle things with the man who ruined her life once and for all.

Minho blinked his eyes still in shock, million thought and feelings running through his mind and body and he followed after Nana.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

They didn’t have many options and Areum wondered if she should just give up and go with Jihun, maybe then Onew could use that opportunity to do something.

However Jinki didn’t seem to be releasing her and she wondered if he had any plan, he probably had cos he started laughing softly which made Jihun frown.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Because you are still the same weak bastard that loves to terrorize people that can’t defend themselves. But when it comes to actually do the dirty work you are a ing coward.”

“I’m not a coward! I’m going to kill you and take what is mine!”

Jinki rubbed his ear in disdain ignoring Jihun words. “Good luck!”

Areum was confused looking at him wondering what he was trying to accomplish with that until she saw a woman approaching Jihun from his right side.

At that same time Jihun turned and saw her too.

“Actually I think you are the one that isn’t leaving!” Nana said pointing a gun at him, followed by Minho that quickly immobilized the man taking the gun from him.

Minho threw Jihun to the floor and the man stayed there in panic looking upwards, like he did some years ago when he confronted Onew and Key.

“Nana what are you…?” he stuttered afraid.

“I’m terminating my contract with you!” she her lips, hatred in her eyes. Areum knew that she was going to kill him, everyone did, and no one was going to stop it. “Actually I’m terminating all contracts with you, including Areum’s. We are all free now. The Union ends here! I’m going to spend the rest of my life hunting down each and every one of your clients…and I’ll make sure that every one of them regret the day they decided to do business with you.”

Nana pointed the gun at Jihun crotch and Areum saw Minho close his eyes knowing what would happen and for a man that was probably hard to see.

She fired the gun and Areum hide behind Jinki’s back, not wanting to see that also, the cries of the man echoed throughout the hallway.

“That was interesting but please he is going to call all agent on us.” Jinki warned Nana and she shot him on the head ending with his misery too soon for her taste.

Silence.

“I thought it would be poetic to die this way.” She said still eyeing the bloody mess she did. “That deserved it. And I needed to do it! It was the only way to make everyone free, to be free!” She sighed of relief before turning to the couple.

“Long time no see.” Onew nodded his head and Areum peeked from behind him wondering why they knew each other.

Nana noticed her curious jealous expression and smiled “Onew helped me in the past. I didn’t sleep with him if that is what you are thinking!”

“I wasn’t!” Areum said not able to hid her jealousy well and Jinki smiled before pulling her forward beside him.

“Thank you!”

“No need to thank me Onew. A long time ago you saved someone precious to me and I’m only paying back the favor. Besides this was a good opportunity for me to do this. Also I helped Audrey. She is safe too and my debt is paid.”

“It is! Thank you!”

The Union wouldn’t survive the loss of their leader and the fact that he died there without having really witnesses gave Nana the opportunity to stay alive if The Union followers came after the killer for revenge. It was the perfect timing. With her knowledge of how the organization worked they could finally terminate it. Jinki was glad that all that mess actually ended up being good to someone.

“We need to get out of here now!” Minho interrupted and Nana gave the gun back to him.

“Now as I said, you can kill me if you want.”

“W-What?” Areum asked angry “You can’t kill her, she helped us and Audrey, she…”

Jinki shushed her and stepped forward to grab the gun but someone did it before him.

Taemin swiftly made the gun rotate on his hand and placed it on his belt, none of them noticing his presence until he was already in front of them. “More agents are coming! We should go now because Jonghyun has a bomb to detonate!”

That seemed to wake up everyone and Nana stepped forward “I know the way. Follow me!”

Minho groaned going after her and Jinki and Areum followed too reuniting with Taemin.

“I searched for you at the warehouse but besides two bodies the room was empty!”

“What?” Jinki asked “Smoke was there. I left him there injured.”

“No one was there…only a strong man and a woman were left behind.”

“What are you talking about?” Areum asked noticing Jinki worried expression.

“Nothing. Everything his fine, keep walking!”

“The bomb will kill him!” Taemin whispered to Jinki trying to reassure him and then patted his back fraternally “I’m glad you are alive!”

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 - Three years ago -

Audrey entered the training room and sighed of relief because Kibum was there. She had a hard time finding him lately, ever since the kiss.

 He was wearing gloves, punching a black bag continuously, sweat running down his neck to his collarbones, the muscles of his arms very noticeable making Audrey so nervous to be in the same room as him that she almost turned around and left the room.

She didn’t though and instead she walked to him and placed herself beside him.

He glanced at her briefly but didn’t even stop, still punching the bag.

“Why are you avoiding me?” She asked.

He didn’t look at her “I’m not. I’m busy lately!”

 “What are you busy with?” His punches slowed down but not for long.

“I had a business trip and a mission…”  He answered panting heavenly.

“You are avoiding me!” She insisted.

“Why would I?” He grabbed the bag briefly to look at her and ask.

“Because…”Audrey nervously looked at him from behind her glasses that she used to read.

“Because we kissed?” He asked making her speechless “It’s the second time already!” He centered his attention on the punching bag and resumed the exercise.

“Will you stop that?” Audrey complained placing herself behind the bag, an action that Kibum missed so he didn’t stop punching the bag and it hit her.

Audrey lost her balance with the impact and fell on the floor.

“!” He cursed stopping the bag with both hands before he kneeled beside her “Are you ok?”

Audrey touched her face confused and nodded her head “Yes, I guess!”

Kibum grabbed her glasses from the floor and after a brief inspection to see if they were not broken he placed them on her, admiring his work. She looked so cute and y with them. How was that even possible?!

“Why do you even wear them?” He asked wondering if she wore them just because they looked good on her. Audrey had a relationship similar with his with fashion.

“To read!”

“Are your reading now?” He asked amused, cleaning his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand while a smirk graced his features.

“I’m trying to read you!”

Her cute answer made him laugh and Audrey realized that spending time with Areum really influenced her. Areum would totally say something cheesy like that.

“What do you want from me Audrey?”

Audrey could make a list of things she wanted related to him but it would always come down to one thing. Him…she wanted all of him and she never felt like that before. There was a scientific explanation for ual attraction but nothing could explain the love she felt towards him.

“Why did you kiss me?” She asked instead.

He took off the hand protections and brushed his hair with his fingers. “Because I wanted to.”

Audrey crossed her arms “That’s not an answer!”

“It is!” He was being sincere. He wanted it and he did it. He was that person now.

“Well then, I want to kiss you right now, shall I?” Audrey asked trying to be sassy but she didn’t expect his reaction.

Kibum didn’t answer to her teasing and instead he leaned closer to her, his lips joining hers quickly. The intensity of the kiss was so big that they both fall back into the floor with Kibum over her.

He was insane! He needed to be insane to give in to a whim like that.

As if he got back to his senses Kibum stood up. He didn’t move, looking at her, and Audrey sat back again looking back at him wondering what just happened. For the third time Kibum kissed her and didn’t give her an explanation that made sense.

The door opened then and Taemin and Jonghyun entered the room joking about something. They immediately sensed the mood in the room and their eyes moved from a blushing Kibum staying in front of Audrey to a confused woman on the floor.

“Is everything alright here?” Jonghyun asked noticing how Kibum looked at him as if he just stole a candy and was caught.

“Fine! I was training…”

Audrey stood up “…and I was learning!”

“Ok!” Jonghyun raised his hands in defeat. He wasn’t going to ask more about that.

Taemin smiled at Audrey and she remembered what he told her some days before about Kibum possible being in love.

He did kiss her again…

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

 - Present Day -

 

Areum peeked inside the infirmary before entering it.

Jinki, that was sitting over the high infirmary bed, raised his eyes from his arm to her and smiled. She was no longer wearing that y outfit, they were safe back at the mansion and she was wearing his black pajamas that covered her wounds.

“How are your thighs?” He asked getting back to his arm, wrapping the white bandage around it.

“Someone treated them for me. I’ll be fine.” She her lips and walked closer grabbing the bandage from his hand since he was having a hard time doing it with only one hand and she did it for him. “Why didn’t they treat you?”

“They were busy and I can do it myself!”

Areum moved her eyes to his neck and frowned. He still had the marks of Smoke’s fingers and she felt terrible sorry towards him. It was all her fault.

He knew what she was thinking because once they entered the van and left the old manufacture she couldn’t take her eyes away from him.

“I’m ok.”

“You are ok but it could have ended really badly and it was all my fault!” She bit her lower lip fighting the tears and Jinki grabbed her hand grasping it firmly.

“It didn’t and in a way it was my fault. I should have told you everything from the start. I hurt you and I lied to you and…”

“And maybe you were right. I wasn’t strong enough to know the truth!”

“You are strong enough. You were great today. You saved me.”

She sniffed cutely and finished wrapping the bandage while he watched her, his hand caressing her shoulder.

“I’m using your pajamas. I hope you don’t mind but I couldn’t ask anyone for clothes and it was in my room so…” Technically it was their room.

“I don’t mind at all. We are still married so what is mine is yours.” She didn’t move when he caressed her cheek that had a huge red bruise. Luckily her lips escaped the punch and looked as beautiful as ever.

“It’s going to disappear eventually.” She remarked speaking about the wound. “Your neck…”

Areum mentioned moving her eyes to it.

“It’s going to disappear eventually.” He used her words back making her smile and Areum looked at her feet, not even trying to pull his hand from her waist away and letting him pull her closer to him, to the middle of his legs.

“So, about our marriage…” She started but he interrupted her.

“It’s ok. I’ll fill the divorce papers as soon as I can.”

“NO!” Her worried expression made him happy but he didn’t show and she clearly tried to hide her feelings too “No…let’s wait a little longer!”

“For?” He asked pulling her chin up so she would look at him. That seemed to leave her breathless and Jinki couldn’t help but feel the tension from before again. She wanted him as much as he wanted her. Her body was screaming for attention and he really wanted to love her but it wasn’t as if they could have in the infirmary. He could lock the door though but….what about after? He couldn’t seduce her if he wasn’t sure she wanted to be with him too.

“Let’s wait a little longer.” Areum repeated placing both her hands on his thighs and clearly regretting it because he was so y and she was going out of her mind. “I don’t mean that everything between us is ok now or that I forgive you.” She swallowed nervously trying not to look at his body but looking at his eyes or his lips was even harder. She felt like an idiot, back to the woman crazy in love with him that she was when she first met him; because she loved him, so much. “It doesn’t mean that our marriage will work out but…let’s wait longer until my wounds heal and yours and we can see…”

He tilted his head wondering what wounds was she talking about? Her body or heart?!

Nonetheless he liked the idea of having her as his wife a while longer. She was giving him a second chance and he wasn’t going to waste it.

“Ok. I’ll wait, but please stay here living. I can leave the house if you want but stay in the mansion.”

“No. It’s ok. You don’t have to leave the house.” She blushed a little and Jinki had a hard time pretending to be indifferent to her and her words. Areum wanted him to stay in the same house as her?! “I’m staying of course! I did so many mistakes and I’m so sorry. I almost killed my dad and Audrey and you…”

He pulled her by her elbows to his embrace and hugged her firmly. “It’s ok. You were confused and angry and this new world is new to you. Now you know you need to trust me, right?” He pulled her away so he could look at her face. She nodded and he caressed her cheek relieved.

“I really want to understand your world and you can help me. You can teach me to defend myself too.”

“I can!”

“I wish I could see my dad. I asked Jonghyun and he said he is ok but…”

“I’ll ask Lee Sooman to transfer him from the hospital here once he gets stronger. Then you can see him whenever you want.”

“Really?” Her eyes illuminated and Jinki nodded his head “Yes, of course!”

She had to hug him again and he hugged her back closing his eyes. It felt so good to have her again, safely, with him. “I’m so glad you are safe. I’m not sure what I would do if they took you away from me.”

She knew what he meant - The Union. Areum closed her eyes not even wanting to imagine what could have happened. She hid her face on his neck and kissed his skin that was now hurt because of what happened giving him the sign he wanted.

He didn’t say anything or move but she felt his hands move more urgently on her back.

The started to rise again and Areum quickly stepped back moving away from him and his embrace. Her cheeks were red and Jinki watched her amused.

“I’m also glad you are safe.” She truly was and he knew.

They stood there looking at each other and Jinki slowly raised his hand for her to grab.

Areum knew what he wanted. If she grabbed his hand he would pull her back to him, to his arms and she wouldn’t let go anymore. They would make out, they would probably even have and she didn’t mind at all. She wanted it desperately.

However Areum never grabbed his hand because someone opened the door and the couple looked at Taemin that was watching them suspiciously before he spoke to Jinki.

“I need to speak with you.” 

Areum quickly excused herself and Jinki looked at her retreating from the room with sad eyes.

“I’m sorry I interrupted you two.” Taemin said laughing sitting beside Jinki in the bed.

“It’s ok. Maybe it was better this way.”

“I have something to show you!” Taemin announced grabbing his phone and showing Jinki the picture he took from the tattoo on Choke’s body.

“What is this?” Jinki asked interested, grabbing the phone.

“I took it today from that guy you killed in the warehouse. The big one…”

“This tattoo…”

“It’s similar to the one from the man that killed my brother. I think they belong to the same organization.”

“I’ve never seen it!” Jinki commented “But I guess I can ask around. Maybe Key saw it before.”

“No. I don’t want Key to know. Can you help me with this without anyone knowing?”

Jinki his lips, his eyes on Taemin, the little brother that vowed to protect him “I will help in any way I can.” 

 

6ga3j8.jpg

 

“You are taking such a long time!” Kibum complained with a groan grabbing a fox soft toy from Audrey’s bed.

“I’m ready!” Audrey announced leaving the bathroom slowly because her ankle still hurt, making him turn around to see her.

He didn’t blink, his eyes examining her from her head to toes while he threw the soft toy back to her bed. Audrey’s hair was perfectly combed falling on her shoulders, her lips red with lipstick, and she was wearing a sleeveless red dress with a black belt, and black heels. She looked beautiful and he was the lucky guy who was going out with her.

“How do I look? Mi Jung bought it for me!”

There was no point on hiding it “Beautiful!” He cleared his throat “But heels…with a sprained ankle?” He frowned upset.

She smiled victoriously before grabbing her red small bag. “I’ll be fine because I can hold on to you.”

“This is going to be a very long night!” He mumbled regretting promising her to go on a date. He wasn’t expecting her to ask him to keep his promise already that night.

“Why a bag?”  He asked. It wasn’t as if they were going to leave the mansion. He wasn’t even sure why he agreed on that stupid date. It had to do with his code of conduct. He promised so he was going to do it but he felt very nervous.

Audrey frowned looking at the bag sadly “I’m taking it to make it feel as if I’m really at a date outside.”

Kibum nodded his head “Take the bag!”

They were only going to have dinner together near the lake, thanks to Mi Jung help but to Audrey it seemed important so he was going to do his best.

“Let’s go?” He asked offering her his arm that she took gladly.

“I can’t believe we are going out on a date!”

“I can’t believe you are wearing heels when you are clearly in pain and we are going only because I promised!” Kibum repeated knowing that the next day Director Oh would scold him.

It was worth it though. Audrey looked extremely beautiful not only because she dressed up but also because she couldn’t stop smiling every time she looked at him.

6ga3j8.jpg

Taemin ‘s eyes were on the stars that he could perfectly see that night.

He was a step closer to find his brother’s murderer and yet he didn’t feel better or relieved. Maybe everything would change once he killed him, once he finally had the chance to get his revenge.

A noise on his right side, some meters away made him look in that direction.

Kibum left the mansion with Audrey holding his arm. She was wearing a fine dress, holding her heels on her hand and walking barefooted and he looked good too with a white shirt with blue stripes and blue pants. They were on a date. Taemin chuckled remembering how Jonghyun told the rest of the team earlier about Kibum and Audrey, as if he had to. It was so obvious to Taemin ever since Audrey and Kibum met that there was something between them.

The thing with Taemin was that he was a hell of an observer and most of the times he preferred to keep silent and watch the others around him.

That’s why before he left the mansion to look at the stars he saw Areum pull Jinki inside their bedroom and he knew Jinki would spend the night there. They were together again even if they said they weren’t.

That’s also why Taemin saw Minho staring at the window of the bedroom where Mi Jung accommodated Nana. Soon they would clean any misunderstanding between them and stay together like they belonged to.

Taemin sighed because he was the only one alone that night. Jonghyun was at his place with his daughter and wife, Jinki and Areum were making up, Key was on a date and Minho was probably near stepping outside of the cage he placed himself into and search for Nana soon.

Taemin stared at the stars. He didn’t have to be alone. He could call someone….he could call Mina.

He wanted to do it and the thought made him nervous.

A call wasn’t enough. He had to see her.

Taemin decided to get his bike and go out for a ride that night.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Jinki knocked on the door of the bedroom he shared with Areum and waited for her to open the door. After they met at the infirmary he wasn’t with her anymore and he needed a change of clothes before going to sleep. He decided to stay on the bedroom next to hers. That way he would feel closer to her.

It was a bit late already since he stayed with Taemin helping him tracking the tattoo and then he had to meet his father to ask him to let Areum’s dad stay with them. Of course he accepted it and Jinki couldn’t wait to tell her the good news.

However once Areum opened the door with red eyes the smile on his face vanished.

“What happened? Are you in pain?” He asked worried.

She shook her head trembling a little holding the door with one hand “It’s nothing!”

He his lips “Sorry to wake you up.”

“I wasn’t sleeping!” She answered looking at him as if she wanted to tell him something and didn’t know how.

“I just spoke with my father.” It still felt weird for him to call him that even after all those years “And once your dad can travel they will take him here.”

Areum smiled thankfully still looking at the floor and Jinki started to get worried.

“I came to grab a change of clothes and I’ll leave you alone.”

However being alone was the last thing Areum wanted and she grabbed his arm pulling him inside the bedroom before closing the door.

Jinki was a little surprised and was even more surprised when she hugged him, hiding her face on his white t-shirt.

“Areum? What’s wrong?”

“I don’t want to be alone. I tried to sleep and I can’t. I can’t stop thinking about what happened today and that gun pointed at your head and before and how we talked about having babies and …”

“Are you pregnant?” He asked worried pushing her back,her behaviour suddenly making sense to him, but she shook her head negatively.

“No, but I could have been today while it happened…and…I want to be…and...I’m so confused.”

“You are just scared and confused which is normal.”

“Can’t you stay here with me tonight?”

“Isn’t that even more confusing to you?” He asked.

“No. I don’t want to be alone.”

“I can ask Audrey to come and sleep with you!” He said turning to the door but Areum grabbed him by his t-shirt again. Audrey was on a date since Areum helped her get ready, afraid that Key would back away on the promise. But she didn’t want Audrey or anyone else…she only wanted one person.

“I want…you.”

Then it downed on him. The from before, the babies talk and how she was afraid to lose him. Areum missed him, she wanted him.

It wasn’t only because she was scared and he made her feel safe, it was also because she missed him, her husband, and the man she fell in love with.

The fact that he was also Onew made her build a wall between them but he was also Jinki and he could be both, he wanted to be both for her and love her as a whole.

“Are you sure you want me?” He asked in a low voice, his y low voice and Areum knew that that sentence had a second meaning.

“Yes.”  She pulled him to the bed and he pulled the cover up so she could lie under the covers like a little girl.  He lied down beside her and Areum laid her head on his chest rubbing her nose against his t-shirt.

He wrapped his hurt arm around her carefully and kissed her head while she hugged him.

He wasn’t sure if things would involve from that but he didn’t care. He was already happy that she wanted him that close to her, that she wanted him to take care of her and sleep with her.

Areum stood still for a few seconds but that didn’t feel like enough for her so she kissed him over his t-shirt and then on his collarbones, her kisses moving to his neck.

“What are you doing?” He asked once she reached his lips, ready to kiss them.

“I know that I said that nothing would change between us and I understand if you say no and don’t want to be with me more intimately because I’m being a crazy indecisive mess about us.“ She rubbed her red eyes and he realized that she was crying before, thinking about all that happened between them “But…when I was there today at the warehouse and he pointed a gun at you I really thought you would die and if it happened I would wish I was dead too.”

“It didn’t happen!” He said rubbing her head softly “We are safe.”

“Yes but it could have happened and…you are the man I love…the one I want to have babies with.” She blushed hiding her face on his neck and Jinki smiled delighted with her conclusion. There was still hope for them and he couldn’t be happier.

“The only thing I want to do since then is making me go crazy.”

“What do you want to do?” He asked knowing exactly what the answer was.

Areum raised her eyes to him “I want to hug you and kiss you and make love with you.”

“You love me!” He teased and she groaned, her fingers playing with the collar of t-shirt.

“I love you!”

“I see!” He took a deep breath but didn’t say anything making Areum uncertain about what he thought about what she was doing.

“So right now if anything happens between us it doesn’t mean I already forgave you just that I’m being weak!” She said stubbornly and he chuckled rising his fingers to her cheek making her lean against his touch.

He was certain she would forgive him soon, that was the way she worked. Even if she would try to stubbornly pretend she was still mad he knew that she was slowly giving in to him again.

He could use that weakness of her in his advantage. It always made her go crazy when he played indifferently or hard to get and that was what he planned to do, but not that night.

“I want to be with you too.” his low voice and the intensity of his eyes made Areum moan and hide her face against his chest making him chuckle.

“Stop hiding and kiss me!” He ordered caressing her neck, his fingers tangling on her hair.

She did as he said, joining her lips with his and they kissed intensely, finally giving in to the between the two, sighs of relief and moans of satisfaction escaping their lips.

She moved over his chest, lying on top of him and he grabbed her by her waist before he rolled with her in the bed. Areum complained in pain against his lips and Jinki broke the kiss.

“Sorry. It’s my thighs!” She explained embarrassed and he kissed her nose.

“It’s ok. We will be careful.” He showed her his arm too “Now we are like two secret agents hurt, trying to have !”

That actually made her laugh “I’m a secret agent too now?”

“What you did today qualify you as one, a very y one…” He run a finger on her dimples delighted that he could do it again and kissed her once again.

Areum pulled his t-shirt up his body and he helped her taking it from him carefully to not hurt his arm. That made both laugh before they kissed again, his hands caressing her under the shirt of her pajama.

“Wait!” she asked out of breath pulling the shirt up her body revealing her bare s to him.

He kissed her neck and down her collarbones to her s, kissing her s, and them gently while Areum moaned his name.

She couldn’t believe she was making love with him again, she couldn’t believe that she almost decided to give up on that. He knew exactly how to kiss her, how to touch her to make her die of pleasure.

Jinki kept kissing and nibbling at her s before he sat back on the bed watching her.

The vision of Areum almost , her arms on each side of her as if she surrounded to him completely was something he could barely take. And Jinki struggled to take off his pants and his underwear because he wanted her desperately.

She watched him get urgently and then he sat back on the bed carefully helping her take off the pants of the pajama. She cried a little when it touched her wounds and Jinki did it even more slowly when he had to take her off which made the moment even ier.

Areum was a complete aroused mess when he finally got her and climbed over her on the bed, and he knew it. He knew the power he had over her because she had the same power over him.

He kissed her lips softly making her complain because it was too short and then used his hands to spread her legs, gently placing them around his hips and kneeling between them.

He looked at her uncertain “I don’t have any condoms.”

“We don’t need one.” Her answer made him confused and she moved her hips against him wondering why he was hesitating. They didn’t wear condoms ever since they married and she only wanted him inside her, she couldn’t wait.

“You know what can happen.” He added as a warning and Areum didn’t say anything, motionless under him. “Are you sure Areum?”

“I told you. You are the man I want to have babies with!”

He couldn’t argue with that and he didn’t want to. She was also the one he wanted as the mother of his kids so instead he entered her, making her moan of satisfaction, and kissed her, pulling her against him in an embrace while he moved slowly in and out of her.

It was so good and he didn’t want to rush it so he took his time, as if savoring her body and how it made him feel, kissing her neck and shoulders, her collarbones, her s and even her arms and wrists, anywhere he could while he moved inside her.

Areum didn’t seem to mind how slow he was moving, meeting him sometimes halfway, rising her hips, grateful that he was grabbing her legs gently around him so she wouldn’t get her thighs hurt. He was perfect, he was gentle, sweet, funny, y, and he loved her and she couldn’t stop thinking about it and how much she loved him back while he made love with her.

It was making the moment even more intense and Areum wanted him to kiss her lips now.

No. She didn’t want it, she demanded it so she grabbed him by his hair pulling at it making him look up at her confused.

“Kiss me now Lee Jinki!”

If he was surprised with her dominate side in bed coming out at that time he didn’t show and did as she asked, kissing and moving faster giving her more of what she was eager to receive. She was so excited pulling at his hair, moving her body against him that he was almost sure that if she could she would be on top at that moment.

The idea aroused him and Jinki bit her lower lip, ing into her more urgently.

Areum moans started to become more frequent and Jinki couldn’t kiss her anymore, breathing heavenly, rubbing his nose on her cheek, looking at her in the eyes while they moved, his fingers intertwining with hers.

She moaned his name over and over again, mixed with some interjections of pleasure and some lazy kisses and soon Jinki came, ing hard into her making her groan louder and come too.

He let himself fall over her and Areum slowly let her legs fall from around him and into the bed. The pain was secondary because all her body was tingling with the pleasure.

She never imagined that doing with him again would be that good and she didn’t regret it a little bit.

After a while he moved and rolled from over her laying by her side, in a sweating mess, brushing his hair away from his forehead. “I came inside you!” He mumbled as if she didn’t know and Areum rolled in the bed in his direction, laying her head over his sweaty chest.

“I told you that I don’t mind.”

“I do. You can get pregnant and right now it’s not the best time.”

They weren’t even sure if their marriage was going to work out. However were they going to ever have a right time to do it even if things were good between them?! He was a secret agent after all and she was friends with the most searched woman in South Korea. Any moment was a bad moment to have a baby in that situation. 

She didn’t answer and instead kissed his chest slowly, moving her fingers on his skin down to his stomach. If it happened then it happened. She wanted to leave that for destiny to decide. Areum didn’t lie, if she was going to have babies she wanted him to be the father, were they together or not.

Almost losing Jinki made her realize that everything was secondary. No, she didn’t forgive him for the lies and no nothing changed and their marriage was still based on lies but the love was real. All she felt in his arms was real and she was sure he felt the same.

“Areum?” He called softly caressing her back, mimicking her caresses on his body.

“Can we do it again?” she asked instead making him giggle.

“What? Aren’t you satisfied?”

“I am but…I want you to kiss me again like you were doing before and…”

Jinki rolled on the bed and laid over Areum again making her purr happily when he kissed her neck and up to her lips.

“Tell me where you want me to kiss and I will!”

Areum wrapped her arms around his neck because it was going to be a long night and she couldn’t be happier with it.

 

6ga3j8.jpg

Taemin stood in the middle of the alleyway, his eyes on the place where he saw Mina for the first time.

He shouldn’t be there since he vowed to not get involved with anyone but that night he felt lonely and all of his SHINee brothers were busy.

Maybe he also deserved a reward, maybe he had the right to see Mina, to talk with her.

He didn’t even want to analyze that need he had to see her because he knew what it meant and he didn’t like it.

Taemin could have called her, he could have agreed to meet her but he preferred to let it for destiny to decide if he should see her just like destiny placed her in that street the night they met, or just like they meet as university students, sharing the same lectures.

“Taemin?”

Her voice made him smile unconsciously and he turned around to see her.

Mina was there in front of him, wearing a dark blue shirt over her denims shorts.

She looked as casual and comfortable as the girl next door and Taemin liked it.

“You live here?” He asked curiously scanning the street for a possible clue from where she came from.

“No. Do you?”

“No. Why are you always here?”

“Why are you here too?”

He ignored her questions and kept asking his until that point but he probably wasn’t going to get much info from her if he didn’t give something back.

“I came to see you.” It was no lie and Mina smiled delighted with his answer.

She raised her finger to an old building near her. “I know a old lady that lives there. She is like a real grandmother to me so I bring her medicine once in a while and check on her health. She is my friend.”

Taemin nodded his head wondering why Mina wasn’t being vocal about what he just said to her. He freaking admitted that he missed her and came searching for her. Normally she would be very happy about it but she seemed down that night.

He noticed how her eyes were on the bike behind him, his bike.

“Hop on. I’ll take you home!” He suggested. That would be the first time he rode with a woman.

“I don’t want to….go home! “ She said locking eyes with him “My father has two new girlfriends at the moment and they are having a party, if you know what I mean.”

He nodded feeling sorry for her. He barely knew about Mina’s family life but her father seemed like a big .

“Can you take me somewhere else?” She asked hopeful.

Anywhere. He would take her anywhere as long as he could make her smile.

He grabbed the helmet, the only one he had and offered it to her.

“Isn’t it dangerous for you to ride without one?” She asked him while he helped her place it on her head. It actually looked good on her.

“We won’t go that far away.”

“Is your home close by?” Her question made him nervous and he realized that yes,  that was the place he wanted to take her. Somehow they decided it between them without having to share any words.

He shook his head negatively and then sat on the bike followed by her that wrapped her arms around him, her hands settling over his stomach.

He looked at how she locked her fingers prisoning him against her and he didn’t mind, he actually liked it, to feel her so close to him.

Taemin touched her hands around him knowing that he was wrong about so many things.

He wasn’t a machine. He still had feelings.

He loved his grandmother. He loved his new family and siblings. He loved Jinki. He loved his team. He loved Mina.

No machine could feel that with only the touch of a person.

“Taemin are you ok?”  she asked leaning her head against his back.

She was the one that wasn’t ok and he could feel it.

Taemin had so many skills, he trained so much and yet he didn’t know what to do to make her feel better.

He was going to take her home with him, to his place. Actually it was Jinki’s apartment that he left for him after he married and moved in with Areum.

“Will you take me home?” she asked again and he knew she meant his home.

“Sure.” He accelerated and she held into him more strongly.

“I wish I knew the right song for this moment!” She mumbled against him, the words being taken with the wind but Taemin heard her.

He didn’t know what to suggest either because he could only hear his accelerated heartbeat matching the roar of the bike engine while he realized what they were going to do.

That night Taemin wasn’t going to sleep alone.

2gt96ip.jpg

Hi!!!!

Well things are going to get a lot more boring now since we are back home and we reached my blank space on the plot i built for the story so I have a lot of thinking to do after this.

Things we can cant still expect to see:

- All the couple relationships being developed (yes you will get your Audrey Key scene..... people! XD)

- We will learn more about Audrey's past and Mina's....no its not related...XD Just that we didnt get into this two yet;

-  Taemin and Jinki revenge time will come;

- Who is the mole....can it be Minho? 

- Key past....that actualy is more important to the story than it seems....cough cough...

- The Time Machine secrets.

- Please refresh my memory if im forgetting something... XD I made so many plot lines that Im afraid to forget them! AIGO!

And of course..the grand finale with the ultimate sacrifice that will have to be made....aaah i love teasing! 

So we are reaching the end....since im going to start closing all this plot lines ~

Hope to see you on the next chapter!

Subscribe, Comment and Upvote!

Ps:Sorry for all the typos and stuff....T__T