The Usual

I Like You The Best

 

 

' I want you to work hard & be polite to the customers always. I expect you to be punctual & neat at all times do you understand me?'

 

The owner of the cafe stared grimly at me as he listed a long list of rules for me to follow.

'Neh, thank you for hiring me & I promise I will do my best!'

'Good, you have better keep your promise. Kikwang-ah! Come here.'

He shouted to a rather good-looking guy who looked about my age.

'Neh appa. Is this the new employee?'

'Yes, keep her under your eye & guide her. Remember, no skiving!'

The owner remarked firmly as he walked out of the bustling cafe.

'Anneyonghaseo, Park Kim Mi imnida, 19 years old! I hope to have your guidance!'

I bowed again as I blushed when I realized what I said was a little too loud.

'Anneyong, Lee Kikwang inmida, just call me oppa. Don't worry about my appa. He's just a nag. Come, put this apron on & I'll show you around.'

He handed me a pink apron and brought me to a locker where I could keep my items.

I was very excited. Now, I was one step away from opening my very own cafe!

After a brief introduction of the cafe & the people there, Kikwang finally stopped & said, ' You'll be working as a waitress now. Don't forget, the bin is there, & the kitchen is there.'

He pushed his thick geeky glasses up his nose and smiled.

I nodded attentively as I scribbled it all into my notebook.

'Anybody told you you're very cute?'

He laughed as he looked at me & my notebook.

I blushed and replied, 'Neh... Kamsahamida Kikwang oppa!'

'OK, we better get get busy!'

He walked away briskly pretending to be busy as his father stepped back into the cafe looking around as if something were amiss.

I too, walked over to a table & begin clearing up the rubbish on it.

'Kim Mi! Come here!' The cashier Mrs Yong beckoned me over as soon as I was done.

'Here Mrs Young,' I said as I walked over to the cashier.

'Help me take over for a moment please. I need to go to the toilet,' she took off her apron & made a dash or the toilet.

'But.. I don't know how to operate the cashier!'

I mumbled under my breath as I sighed in frustration

Aish, how am I going to operate this!? I can't ask Kikwang oppa as he's in the kitchen. Please please don't let anybody order anything before Mrs Yong comes back fro-

'The usual please, table 25.' 

A tall & handsome looking man with a deep voice & gorgeous lips ordered as he interrupted me from my thoughts.

'Aigoo...'