Chapter 2

Chemistry

Chapter 2

Chilhyun and Hyesung entered the big café and looked around – someone had taken their usual spot. It felt awful, since that was usually theirs. Andy noticed the two hyungs by the door and hurriedly went to the table and said that it has been reserved and they can give the cute couple a brand new place – he used the words ‘the best place in the city’.

Hyesung smiled at the café owner, and gestured towards the table in the very corner right beside the window. Chilhyun walked first.

                “Waiter!” the tall man ran behind the counter to the table, holding a coffeepot in his hands, and poured coffee to their cups. “Hey, you look familiar. Have we met?” the lady asked confused (making her boyfriend very uneasy as the waiter was very handsome light brown haired guy).

                “Ah, no, I don’t think so,” the waiter responded. “I used to be an actor.”

                The lady squealed. “Oh my god! I saw you on TV years ago!!! You were that guy…that…umm…what was it called…?”

                The waiter was about to reply when an angry exclaim occurred on the other side of the café and the tall man startled. “YAH, JUNJIN!” Andy marched to the older man, pinched the ear and pulled him towards the table with the two gay guys.

                “Ow, ow!!” Junjin whined, being laughed at by some kids. “Andy!!! She was a fan!!”

                “Exactly,” Andy spoke. “Was!”

                “Ah, you’re a meanie! She might have wanted my autograph!” Junjin complained, plodding behind his boss, and halted beside the younger man, when they were at the right table. “Oh, hyung!” the pouty expression on Junjin’s face brightened up as soon as he saw Hyesung.

Andy exhaled exasperated, not understanding why he couldn’t fire this handsome man, and walked off to the counter (only reason to have him was to gain popularity and more customers as an old idol was in the café). Junjin stung his tongue out fast (he didn’t want Andy to see him disrespecting him) and as soon as the boss his heels and glared at him, he shrugged innocently and took out his notebook.

“What do you want?”

“Bad day?” Chilhyun questioned.

“Yeah…” Junjin muttered. “That stuck-up ahjussi doesn’t understand that I have fans. They need my precious time.” He flipped his hair. “So, how was your job, hyung?”

                Eric smiled at the younger man behind Hyesung and shook his hand. “You must be Chilhyun.” He greeted handsomely. “I am Eric – Pilkyo’s co-worker.” He introduced himself.  

The pretty housewife looked at the handsome man shyly, and reached his hand carefully towards the other hand. Chilhyun shook his hand gently and introduced himself, letting Hyesung’s piercing gaze drill into his neck. He smiled at Eric and then turned his head at Hyesung.

“So…who do we have in here?” The man with big lips suddenly spoke. “We haven’t been introduced.” He said to Chilhyun. “I am Lee Jeehoon – Hyesung’s boss. Eric is my assistant.”

The shy guy bit his bottom lip and bowed his head very humbly. Hyesung looked down at him; thanking the god that his wife was acting like a real housewife should and tapped his shoulder as a sign. Chilhyun stood back up and leered at his husband.

“Pilkyo-sshi,” Eric talked.

“Yes?” There was a hint of annoyance in the voice, which the rapidly beating heart made unsteady.

“You can use my office if you have things to talk about.” The taller man smiled with his eyes. “Me and Jeehoon need privacy with work things – we’re discussing parents.” He whispered.

Jeehoon nudged his assistant’s shoulder, telling him to not talk about the secret, private problems of their customers; parents. The handsome man apologized, slightly bowing, and then gestured the two pretty guys to leave the room so they can be alone. Hyesung felt irritated, and just marched away, his hand wrapped around the wrist of his wife.

“Shall we?” Jeehoon asked.

                “That doesn’t sound bad at all,” Junjin commented. “Eric wanted to give you room to talk to.” He poured the coffee to the cups and then took orders for the pastries.

Hyesung scoffed louder than he should’ve. Some people around them glanced at him, wanting to know why this other pretty man was so annoyed – yet again. Junjin was right; Eric had been nice, giving his own office to his and Chilhyun’s use. It was just too nice. Besides, when Hyesung and Chilhyun had entered the room and seen it, Chilhyun had noticed pictures on the table.

“Oh, is he married too?” He had asked.

The other guy’s heart jumped.

“No.” Hyesung responded so fast that Chilhyun looked over his shoulder. “Who would want to marry that douche?” he mumbled.

Chilhyun pointed one of the photos on the desk and said, “Maybe that’s his boyfriend then.” It wasn’t better than a husband. “He is cute.”

Hyesung disagreed, but instead of showing it, he just sneered and sat down to the comfortable sofa – which now represented Eric and this man’s make out sofa. Shudders went down his back, unpleasant twirls occurring in his belly, as he imagined the shorter guy sitting on Eric and eating his mouth alive. Chilhyun kept looking at the pictures before he turned and smiled at Hyesung.

Should we go to the café now? You can eat your lunchbox later…” he questioned softly. “I’m sure Andy is waiting for us.”

Hyesung leered at the pretty guy and nodded. He stood up from the sofa, looked around the room again, and ignored Chilhyun’s hand as he just walked out, hands shoved in his tight pockets. The wife followed in suit and closed the door, seeing the two men in the glassroom and the other one glancing at him and smiling. He waved his hand fast and then exited the backdoor with Hyesung.

The coffee cups were empty, and the crumbles on the plates explained what had happened to the pastries. Hyesung had ordered a big one – he didn’t have to eat the pasta if he ate a lot now – and Chilhyun had gotten a tiny one. He never ate – yet he was kinda fat most of the times.

“I’ll go back to work.” Hyesung muttered.

“Yes~” Chilhyun at least got a tender kiss to his cheek. “I’ll go see my mom.”

The husband still didn’t like the fact that Chilhyun had a meeting with that lady when he was supposed to go home and prepare a long dinner for him. Chilhyun knew what it meant when Hyesung looked at him like that, but he really needed to see his mother.

“Work hard Pilkyo…” he whispered.

“Always.” Hyesung snorted.

He waved at Junjin and Andy and walked out of the café, Chilhyun scurrying behind.

                ***

Hyesung returned to the kindergarten and saw all the rich people entering and exiting the building; the kids had expensive designers on them – those kids were never allowed to go out by the way – and the others had branded bags and toys – Hyesung didn’t even know there can be branded toys! But he had always wanted to work with rich people and so he had applied for this job years ago.

That’s when he had met Eric.

The hatred towards him had started way later though. Hyesung couldn’t really remember why but…it had something to do with heroic gesture towards the slender guy. Eric had saved him from an intense moment and had taken the blames on himself. Yes, that’s why Hyesung hated him – he had made him look weak by doing such a thing to him when they barely knew each other.

Even if, Eric had treated him like he should’ve on the first month.

Minwoo…”

Hyesung stopped once he heard the handsome man talk to a phone.

“I miss you…” Eric murmured. “I know it was me who broke up with you, but…I miss you. I want you back…”

Hyesung felt his ears turning red and breathing speeding up.

“Call me when you…get this…” Eric said to the device and then pushed the phone back to his pocket.

Hyesung had no time to react as the guy stepped out from the room and saw him immediately. Eric flashed a big smile to him and pretended (or maybe he didn’t know that Hyesung had heard it all) like nothing had happened. Though, the look on Hyesung’s face showed nothing but pain.

“Hi, PIlkyo. Break is over?” Eric asked.

“Yes.”

“Then you can go check up on the kids on the second floor. They should take a nap now.” The older man ordered softly. “You can sing one of your lullabies to them.” He smiled, eyes getting smaller and wrinkly.

Hyesung stared at the handsome man seriously, before he bowed and walked off not uttering a word. His heart was driving him nuts with the constant beating when that man was around – maybe it was waiting for the perfect moment to explode and bleed to death? The hatred towards the guy was so humongous.

Whilst he was walking, Hyesung could hear phone bleeping. He slowed down a bit when he heard Eric breathe out, “Minwoo?!”