Chapter 8

Chemistry

Chapter 8

Chilhyun looked at his husband in shock. As soon as the palm had left a mark onto the cheek, the older man glued his hand against it and felt it burning. Hyesung gawked at him, before he realized what he had done and dropped the arm promptly down. The angry scowl on his face disappeared and he hurried next to the guy. “, I’m sorry Chilhyun!” he apologized.

“It’s okay…” Chilhyun whispered, holding back his tears. “I deserved it…” he stood up from the sofa.

“Chilhyun,” Hyesung’s voice trembled. “I’m sorry, I’m so—“

The husband entered the kitchen, and closed the door right in front of Hyesung, who stumbled back. He placed his hand to the doorknob, but it was locked.

“Chilhyun…I’m so ing sorry!”

                             ***

Eric was sitting next to Minwoo’s apartment when the short guy appeared to the hallway. He halted his steps in the middle of it and glared at the older man seriously. Eric noticed the small sport bag hanging from the hand. “Where have you been?” The handsome man interrogated.

“None of your business.” Minwoo snapped and dug out his keys.

“You live with Dongwan?” Eric crossed his arms. “You know how that guy feels about you, right?”

Minwoo laughed meanly, and put the key to the lock. He turned it and entered the apartment, dropped the bag to the floor and went straight to the bedroom. He came back with bunch of different clothes and threw them into the sports bag.

“I know how he feels,” Minwoo responded. “And I don’t care.” Eric watched him moving and packing. “I saw what you did with Hyesung and I know you will never change.” Minwoo spoke. “Therefore, we are over Eric.” he slapped the guy to the cheek and exited the apartment.

The tall man strode behind him grabbed his hand.

“I don’t get dumped!” Eric yelled. “I dump you!”

Minwoo snorted.

“I guess I just did.” he tapped the cheek and walked away.

                             ***

Hyesung entered the café and walked directly to the backroom. He stopped by the doorway and saw his best friend kissing the barista behind the pantry. It was intense and kind of arousing, but Hyesung shook his head, went to the pantry and closed the door loudly. Junjin jumped back and hit his head to the shelf above him, while Andy startled terrified.

“Hyung!” the waiter laughed awkwardly, wiping his lips. “What are you doing in here?” the tanned guy asked and moved away from the barista, who pretended to be collecting things from the shelf.

“Now I see why you two keep disappearing to the toilet whenever we go to a bar…” Hyesung suddenly comprehended. “Anyways,” he sat down to the random stool. “I don’t know if this will break our friendship or something, but I cheated on Chilhyun.”

Junjin frowned.

“What?” Andy snapped. “Cheated on him? With whom?”

“Does it matter?” Hyesung retorted. “It just happened with that guy, ok?”

Junjin bit his cheeks, as he approached to the older man and hit him. It was a spontaneous thought that had come to his mind, and before Andy could stop his lover, Hyesung was sitting on the floor. “How could you?” Junjin hollered. “He loves you and you do this to him, huh!?” he exclaimed.

Hyesung was horrified.

“You don’t deserve him.” Junjin muttered. “Get out.”

“Jinnie…”

“Andy, he needs to get out.”

Andy glanced at the older man, helped him up and whispered to him, “I’m sorry…but he cannot look at you right now…just go. I’ll call you later.”

Hyesung nodded, glimpsed at Junjin and left.

                             ***

Chilhyun stopped crying and rubbing his cheek; he had found a bag of icy peas from the freezer and had put it on the burning, red cheek. The tears had flown down his face, and the snot had dirtied the upper lip, as soon as he had heard Hyesung leave.

The dogs were locked outside so Chilhyun had no one to hug. He sat on the floor, face numb from the crying (and from the icy bag), and stared at the wall in front of him. When had his marriage turned into this big cluttered mess? Why hadn’t Chilhyun noticed it? He had been happy. He had always been happy. Ever since Hyesung had come to him in college and they had both joined the music club.

It had become friendship.

The friendship had become love.

And the love had become marriage.

Chilhyun had never felt out of love before. He had never been unsatisfied by his choice or decisions, as he had always been devoted to Hyesung. He had never regretted anything in his life. Chilhyun noticed he had started sobbing again; his mind had changed.

The dogs barked outside.

“Shut up…” Chilhyun cried. “Shut up! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!” he stood up and opened the locked door.

The doorbell rang, which explained why the dogs were being loud. Chilhyun wiped his ugly tears to the long sleeve of his shirt, flashed a smile and turned the doorknob.

“Ah, Jihoon-sshi,” he greeted. “What is it?”

“Hyesung didn’t come to work today, so I came to see if he is fine.” The boss of Chilhyun’s husband said.

“He isn’t here.” the younger guy spoke. “I don’t know where he is.”

Jihoon blinked his eyes.

“Oh? Are you okay?” he furrowed his eyebrows. “Your eyes are a little swollen.” he touched the face.

Chilhyun stared at the man and nodded confused, cheeks flushed. “I am okay…like I said…” he convinced. Jihoon pulled the hand off.

“Are you sure?” he questioned.

Chilhyun tried to smile, but then he pouted and responded, “I need someone to talk to…”

“Switch off your phone, I’m here.” Jihoon entered the apartment and closed the door behind him.

                             ***

Hyesung had no idea what he was doing, but he didn’t want to see Chilhyun now. Honestly, there was no one he really wanted to see. He rang the doorbell.

“Pilkyo, what are you—“ Hyesung shut the handsome man up with a  kiss and entered the apartment while undressing his jacket.