Chapter 4

Chemistry

Chapter 4:

Hyesung returned home, noticing the pair of shoes on the floor. Chilhyun was home? Hyesung plodded to the living room where the husband was watching television and looked at him seriously.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I decided to come home after all,” Chilhyun smiled. “Where were you?” he spoke.

Hyesung took off his jacket and put it on the chair.

“Out,” he answered.

Chilhyun nodded, turning back to the television, cuddling with his dogs who had missed him. Hyesung went to the kitchen and took a class of water, before he returned to the living room and stood by the doorway for a while. Chilhyun turned to him once he was done.

“I’ll go to sleep.” The guy spoke.

“Okay,”

“Night,” Hyesung walked to the separated bedroom and closed the door after him.

Chilhyun switched off the television, deciding to go to bed as well, when he heard furious vibration coming from his husband’s jacket pocket. He took the thing from the chair and dug the pockets, finding a glowing phone. The screen was open.

Chilhyun took a look and felt a bang in his heart.

‘I don’t know where you disappeared but I had fun today. Hopefully next time we can go to my apartment and…’ Chilhyun quickly put the phone back to the pocket and walked away like he had not seen anything. But Hyesung had definitely not had fun alone.

                ***

“What would you like?” Junjin held the coffee pot as he nodded towards the clients; his head was hurting. “Coffee? Tea? Buns? Muffins?” he looked down at the young couple.

“Wait a minute, aren’t you…” The lady raised her hand.

Junjin smiled widely.

“Yes, yes, I am. I am Park Junjin,” He offered his hand to the girl. “The Park Junjin.”

The girl laughed bashfully, shaking the waiter’s hand, when suddenly someone strode to the table, pinched the ear and pulled the tall man back to the counter (“But she would have needed my autograph!”). Junjin kept screaming in pain, until Andy finally let go off him and made him go wash dishes.

“I’m sorry,” He apologized to the couple. “Coffee right?”

The bell above the door jingled and the owner of the café turned towards it, bowing slightly and welcoming the person inside. It was a new customer; Andy knew when people were new – they looked around confused and immediately checked what they were offering. And he usually knew everyone visiting his café.

“Hello, you can sit over there.” Andy gestured towards the window place.

“Thank you,” the guy smirked and walked towards the seat.

Andy stopped to his tracks for a minute to stare at the guy; it was the way he carried himself; the way he looked like; the way he smiled at everyone around him and watched the kids playing at the play corner; that captivated Andy.

“Andy ya, where do I…YAH ANDY!”

The owner of the café startled when he heard the waiter yelling jealously.

“Stop staring at the guy and come to me! I mean…” Junjin blushed when people shifted their gazes at him. “…I need you in the kitchen!” He walked to Andy, grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside the counter.

The bell above the door jingled again and Hyesung stepped to the café. He couldn’t see the younger men anywhere and walked directly to the counter and went to the kitchen where the two were arguing. When they saw their hyung, they cleared their throats and stopped.

“Hi, hyung,”

“What’s going on?”

“Nothing, ha ha ha, we were just washing the dishes!” Andy grabbed a plate. “You just go to your normal seat and wait for Junjin, ok?” He pushed the older man towards the hyung. “Go, go, go!”

Hyesung was bewildered, but exited the kitchen and approached his seat when he saw someone he wouldn’t have wanted to meet right now.

“What the hell are you doing in here?!” He exclaimed.

“Oh, Pilkyo ya!! You forgot something to the bar yesterday so I decided to bring it to you. So this was the café you always talk about, huh? Very cozy.” Eric smiled cutely. “So, you wanna sit with me or…?”

Hyesung scoffed, turned and sprang to the door and left.

“But…” Eric pulled out a napkin. “…you left this…”

                ***

“Hey, I finally found you!”

Dammit!

“Why did you run away from me?” Eric questioned.

“I didn’t.” Hyesung mumbled, pouring coffee to the cup – they were at the breakroom of the kindergarten. “I just remembered I had somewhere to go to.”

The older man chuckled amused, opening the door of the fridge, and pulled out things to put on his sandwich. Hyesung was getting irritated, remembering last night over and over again; seeing Minwoo sitting on the handsome man’s lap and touching him all over.

“You forgot this to the bar yesterday.” Eric placed the napkin to the counter.

“A napkin? Really? Eric, that’s—“ The tall man turned it over and showed the phone number written to it. “Oh.”

“This…Seunghun guy came from the bathroom and gave this to me.” Eric told. “So…I…I wanted to give it to you.”

Hyesung was staring at the guy next to him when he suddenly felt a burning sensation on his hand and returned back to reality.

“OW !”

“Pilkyo ya!”

Eric grabbed the hand and brought it to the faucet, which he switched on. Ice cold water commenced streaming down Hyesung’s hand and he was groaning as it felt good on the burnt skin. Eric held the hand, moving it around and rubbing the wound slowly before he switched the faucet off and opened a cupboard for First Aid Box.

“Sit down,”

Hyesung obeyed.

Eric took out lotion and coated the hand to it.

“How does it feel?”

“Better…” Hyesung whispered.

Their eyes met.

Hyesung abruptly sensed the face advancing his and he closed his eyes. Something was going to happen, he could feel it, and when it was getting closer, his heart was thudding. Eric’s lips were grazing his, when the phone vibrated in the pocket and Eric withdrew from him fast.

!