Chapter 1

Chemistry

Chapter 1

Hyesung walked directly after waking up to the kitchen and saw his husband moving around and filling the lunchboxes with food. Chilhyun had gotten up early again, even though he didn’t even work. He was one of those guys who stayed home and waited for their better halves to come back.

The three dogs of Chilhyun kept barking lightly to the other man and even though Hyesung was very annoyed by them, he just shoved them off with his feet (softly, don’t worry) and went to the fridge to get something to drink. Chilhyun turned around after hearing the dogs.

“Ah, yeobo!” he smiled. “I made you lunch.”

“Thanks.” Hyesung reached his hand to the folded boxes and took it. “What’s in it?”

“Pasta.” Chilhyun responded proudly, cheeks blushing.

Hyesung sighed, “Again?”

Chilhyun nodded, turning back to the kitchen cabinets, and began to prepare the food to the dogs. Hyesung stared at him for a while, before he shrugged and exited the room to put on his shoes. The dogs kept following him, paws patting the floor, and Hyesung tried his hardest not to exclaim. He was not in the mood on the mornings and the dogs didn’t make it better.

“Pilkyo ya?” Chilhyun came to the foyer.

“Yeah?”

“I’ll go see my mom today. I might not be home when you come back.” The older guy spoke shyly as if it was wrong to do that. “She really needs me.”

Hyesung looked up at the pretty man and just shrugged. “Sure.” He replied, flashing a semi-smile, and then stood up and pecked his husband to the lips. “Don’t wait up.” He spoke and left.

 

The day in the kindergarten had already started when the doors of the building opened and a tall man in a very relaxed outfit advanced the play room. His hair was raised up, his nose was big and the lips were thick. He looked really handsome (which annoyed Hyesung even more) as he walked past all the female staff (and moms) and made them sigh in adore.

Hyesung felt his pulse rising as soon as the guy walked past him and glanced at him. Eric had worked at the place way before the pretty guy had but for some reason Hyesung despised the fact that he was there. Eric was just too handsome and too smug and too everything – it was a kindergarten for god’s sake!

“Morning Pilkyo.” Eric greeted the slender man with a smile.

“Hi, Eric.” Hyesung muttered watching the kids play. “What’s up?”

“Nothing much. You?” The older guy leaned to the chair and looked down at the younger man. “How’s the husband?”

Somehow Hyesung really despised that question; he hated to hear it from everyone’s mouth, but for sure it irritated him the most when it was Eric who asked. The way he asked it was obnoxious; as if he wanted to hear different answer every single day. He never heard the wanted answer.

“He is fine. And I am fine too.” Hyesung replied.

“Super.” Eric grinned. “Carry on.” He bowed with his head and walked off.

As soon as he was gone, in the backroom, Hyesung grabbed the carton of cigarettes and marched out to have a puff or two. The kids weren’t the first priority now.

 

 

“Pilkyo ya,”

“Chilhyun!?” Hyesung stood up in panic, seeing his husband suddenly at the foyer of the kindergarten. “What are you doing in here?!” he yelled, grabbing the upper arm strongly and pulling his husband to the small computer room next to them.

The older man pouted before he began to dig something from his bag. Hyesung was looking around, as if hoping no one would see him with his husband during a bright daylight. Chilhyun flashed a big fat smile when he had fished out the handphone.

“You forgot this to your nightstand.” He told.

“Oh, I did?” Hyesung asked. “What did you do in my room?”

Chilhyun blushed adorably, looking at the corner of the room, and then responded, “I had to take some clothes there after I had washed them.”

Hyesung leered at the guy in misbelief, but then thanked him and took the phone. “It’s not like I needed it anyways.” He mumbled as a reply and then pushed it in his pocket.

Chilhyun kept smiling, holding his cute purse in his hand. He smelled of dogs, and only Hyesung knew that he had been playing with the damn puppies the whole day. If he had had the balls (or the desire), he would have asked his husband to get a job, but he knew how much Chilhyun loved being home on his own and just have free time and practice music and cooking.

“Oh, sorry,” the married couple turned to the door. “I didn’t know the room was taken.”

“It is fine Jihoon.” Hyesung smiled at the guy. “We will go.”

Chilhyun looked very lost when Hyesung grabbed his hand forcibly and pulled him towards the door. Great, they had just prevented a very awkward moment from happening. Hyesung felt relieved, until he was at the door and Eric appeared out of nowhere. Again Hyesung's pulse rose and he could feel that causing the cheeks to turn rosy shade of red. 

“Eric!”

“Oh, Pilkyo! Me and Jihoon will have a short meeting. Oh, who is this?” Oh, , he noticed Chilhyun.

Eric looked over the shoulder at the guy who looked exactly like Hyesung and waved at him while a smile plastered upon his face. Chilhyun waved at him shyly as well, and Hyesung kept glaring at the older man.

“Your husband is very pretty Pilkyo ya.” Eric praised.

But not as pretty as you…