Cellphone

Risk

 

As soon as Taeyeon arrived at their dorm, she quickly checked her phone that was lying on the table beside her bed. “Wow! 15 messages and 23 missed calls.” She checked the messages, 13 came from Tiffany, 1 from Hyoyeon and the other 1 was from her mom. She opened her mom’s message first.

*My Taeyeon, how are you? How’s your sister? Your father is getting busy with work and he wants to see both of you soon before he’ll head off to Busan. Can you pay us a visit? Your brother’s visiting next week. We wanted to have a family bonding, your father’s request actually. Send me a message soon, ok honey? Love you!*

Taeyeon quickly replied:

*Sure Umma! We’ll bring a friend with us. Seohyun doesn’t have classes on Monday and Tuesday due to teacher’s seminar. We’ll see you soon. Your Taengoo and Seobaby miss you so much. We love you!* she was smiling the whole time. Next she read Hyoyeon’s message.

*Text us, ok? We miss you! *

She misses the group so much.

* Yes ma’am! If you’re not busy tell me. I can pay you a visit! :D*

Lastly she opened the 13 messages coming from Tiffany:

*Tae-Tae?*

*Tae-Tae?*

*Tae-Tae?*

*Tae-Tae?*

*Taeyeon?*

*Taeyeon?*

*You mad?*

*Sorry. *

*Sorry I wasn’t able to reply. I was in a hurry and I forgot to bring my phone. *

*Sorry I wasn’t able to reply. I was in a hurry and I forgot to bring my phone. Sorry Tae-Tae. *

*Sorry I wasn’t able to reply. I was in a hurry and I forgot to bring my phone. I’m really sorry Tae-Tae. *

*Sorry Tae-Tae. You really mad?*

*I’ll make it up to you. You free tomorrow night? Let’s watch a movie. There’s a new movie out.*

 

            After reading the messages, Taeyeon felt guilty. She left her phone at home because she thought Tiffany forgot about her. (She could’ve used Yuri’s phone. Pabo!!! How?! You think she memorized your number? Yahhh! Taeyeon!!! Wake-up! You’re hallucinating again.) “Kim Taeyeon you pabo!” she hit her head with her phone. “Awtch!” she reacted to her behavior. Suddenly, the phone she was holding made a sound “Taeng, tetetaeng-taeng tetetaeng..” was her ringtone. She pressed the ACCEPT button. Before she could land her phone on her ear, she could already hear the loud voice. (I think I know who this is.) “Tae-Tae!!!” (Yep! I’m sure.) “Tae-Tae, you mad?”

“No I’m not. Why’d you ask?”

“Well, you weren’t answering my calls. You didn’t even send me a reply.” Tiffany’s voice was worried.

“Oh! Sorry Fany. I left my phone at home. I went out to eat dinner with my sister and some friends at Yuri’s coffee shop.” (I can’t tell that I left my phone because of her. I’ll be too obvious.)

“I’ll make it up to you since it’s my entire fault Tae-Tae. Let’s watch a movie tomorrow night. I heard the new Dennis Oh movie is quite exiting. Are you free Tae-Tae?”

“Uhm. I don’t think so.” Taeyeon tested Tiffany.

“Come on Taengoo. Please.” Tiffany’s voice was full of aegyo.

“I’m not sure Fany. I think I’m gonna be busy.” The older girl kept on teasing.

“Please Tae-Tae. Pretty please with chocolate and caramel syrup with corn flakes and chips plus chopped berries…….” Tiffany went on and ended with a “Please?”

“Well…” Taeyeon played.

“Fine! It’s ok. I can watch it by myself. I’ll sit beside a stranger, eat some popcorn, sip some coke, hug myself when a ghost would come out from the screen and wipe my tears with the free tissues from dunk’n donuts when the lead character would die.” Tiffany played back with the wide grin on her face.

“Ok then.” Taeyeon chuckled. “I’ll pick you up after work.”

“Where?” Tiffany asked.

“I think I should be the one asking you that.” The two girls released a giggle.

“Meet me at the Namsan Park at Jung-gu. 6pm Tae-Tae, ok?”

“Ok Fany. I’ll set my alarm.”

“Me too.”

“Uhm. Fany”

“Yes Tae-Tae?”

“Are you busy next week? Particularly Sunday to Tuesday.”

“I’m not sure Tae-Tae. It depends on our artists. Why?”

“Ahh. Nothing. Just wondering.” (Pabo Taeyeon! You just met her once and you’re already asking her to come with you on your family bonding?)

“I think I can answer that question tomorrow Tae-Tae. I’ll check my schedule.”

“Ok Fany. Have you eaten dinner?”

“Not yet. I just finished checking some papers.”

“You hungry? Wait. Don’t answer.”

“Huh?”

“Let’s just….toot…toot…toot…”

“Tae-Tae?”

“Fany? Hello? Still there?”

“Tae-Tae? Oh shoot!” Tiffany checked her phone. “No battery. Bad timing. She was about to ask me out tonight.”

“Did she just hang-up on me?” Taeyeon stood up from her bed. Her face wrinkled with confusion.

After Tiffany found out that her phone ran out of battery, she quickly charged it and grabbed her car keys and coat. [Let’s just say, she can’t use her phone when it’s charging.] “Thank God you’re still open.” Tiffany was running out of breath, she ran from the other block because of traffic. So she just parked her car a block away. “”It’s still early. Duh!” Yuri’s eyebrows met at the middle of her forehead. “Ok. Can I borrow your phone?” Tiffany opened her palm. “Why?” Yuri got more confused. “Just hand it!” Tiffany’s voice got louder. “Ok ok. Chill!” Yuri handed her phone to Tiffany. Tiffany then texted Taeyeon as fast as she could.

*Tae-Tae sorry. I ran out of battery. I’m here at Yuri’s coffee shop. P.S. I left my phone at home, charging.*

Taeyeon got the message and quickly got out of her room. As soon as the left her room, she called out for Seohyun. “Seo? Seo? Where are you? I have to…” her voice got cut off. “SEOHYUN!!!!!!!!” Taeyeon’s eyes were wide open and her body started shaking and trembling.

 

 



 

wrote this while i was in school today. Hope you like this chapter.

Subscribe and comment. spread the love ;)

keep on guessing on the two male characters ;))

~God bless!