Sick

My Heroes

I’M just back from the wash room and he purposely walk pass by your room to check up on you. He was hesitating at first because going into girl’s room is not his cup of tea. Even so he still do a little visit because you are in there and anything can happen if he take things too lightly. Besides everybody are probably sleeping right now because it is 4.31 A.M anyway so there’s no way people would wake up by now.

He look through the window but too bad the thick curtain from inside is bothering his way. It make it too hard and almost impossible to look inside. But he won’t give up that easily, like it or not the door is the only way for him to go in. He know that it is wrong to barge into the girls room just like that, but he still do it anyway, it is not like he’s a ert or something he just want to see whether you are fine or not.

Nevertheless, he slowly spun the door knob so no loud noise could be produce. Once he in, he can see everyone are sleeping soundly in their own sleeping bag and after making everything is clear he start searching for your spot.

The searching are done quicker than he expected when an empty spot grab his attention in an instant. Without delaying, he walk to that empty spot and he can see your bag is currently on the pillow, by that he know that spot belong to you. Something is wrong when you are not in there sleeping like everybody else. You can’t be in the bathroom because I’M is the only one there, no one, except him. So that’s why, I’M know something is off here and he quickly make his way outside to look for you.

He go to the park because it is the nearest place that you could possibly went. “Jihye ah.” He make sure his voice not too loud because he’s afraid that he will awake everyone else. “Jihye!” he go and search at the playground, the bench and behind the tree but he couldn’t find you anywhere.

I’M had enough with the searching so he decided to check his phone because who know you might had call him or something. However, when he about to take the phone out, he couldn’t find the phone anywhere. He put his hand inside his pocket again but it is still the same. “I know I put it in here somewhere.” He mumbles.

Feeling anxious about his missing phone, he quickly go to his room to look inside his bag.

However, with the first step taken, he can feel like his feet accidently kick on something below him. The sound of crack make him bend down and take a look at it.

He lift it up and after done with some observing then he realizes that it is was actually his phone that had gone missing earlier today.

 

The night is getting deepen and I’M is on his way to go to bed after done talking with you. On his way there, a mysterious man with a hat covering almost his face suddenly bump into his shoulder making he stop his way from continue going forward, “Sorry” the man apologize without looking back.

I’M knew something was off on that time but because of too tired he can’t figure out why.

But actually, it was one of ‘the Ruler’ gang who purposely did that to sneakily steal his phone from him.

 

“Dang it!” His hand forming into a punch and quickly ran to continue looking for you.

He go to every possible places that they might had taken you and yell your name a few time hoping that you would answer him somewhere. “Jihye! Oh Jihye!” he yells again and again.

 

 

Meanwhile, you who are not too far from where I’M is, still struggling to escape from them. They made it by taking you into the car earlier but thankfully because the car was unlock you can use that chance to flee.

Now the running is on again, and they are still doesn’t show any sign of letting you go. You are currently in the dark alley and your sight is limited because there are less light there. You keep on watching your back with your feet still moving. They are getting closer and ‘boom’ they manage to grab your coat and use it to pull you back.

“No! helppp!” you scream your lung out and fiercely move around to make it hard for them to lay their hands on you. With a few energy left you quickly open the zip in front of your coat and let them have it. Your plan work and the coat is the only thing on their hand while you are already way to the front.

When you are already at end of the alley they are two different way that you need to choose to continue. The confusion has make you slow down a bit and give the men a chance to shorten the distance between you and them. After a few seconds fighting with your brain you finally decided to take left because it seem like it the closer way to go back to the dorm.

So you spun your body and turn left. However, right before you could take the first step somebody is already there standing quietly like he was waiting for you. “Helppppp!” you scream for help before he close your mouth like earlier.

“It’s me, calm down!” He rushes because you can’t seem to stop moving and hitting him hardly on the chest.

The familiar voice has succeed to make you open your eyes and after a few blink you finally get it that it was actually I’M.

“Are you okay?” he asks anxiously.

“No!” You honestly admit that and without delaying any moment I’M quickly grab your hand and pull you to run together with him. The men is just only an inch away from you and thankfully I’M is a good runner, in the end they are already not in your sight anymore.

In the middle of the road, you somehow has reach your limit and because of that you failed to continue running. You take your hand away from I’M and squat down trying to catch your breath while they are still far.

“How did you find me?” you asks after a few minute silence.

“I heard your scream.”

The rest is interrupted when one of the men suddenly show up and spot you there. I’M sees that he give the sign to the other that you are actually there and I’M can’t be more nervous when they are start gathering at once.

Running probably the best way right now, but looking at how tired you are had force him to think off plan B. Not long after that, the number are increasing and soon they are all there, coming closer with few of them holding a big stick in their hand.

I’M swallow down a big gulp to show how nervous he is when he saw those large build man are coming with their own weapon ready to give out some beating to the unfortunate one.

When one of them want to grab you he quickly went to the front and give them a great punch on their face. You are surprised when weird noises start coming out from your back so you turn your head and you can see I’M is currently fighting with them all.

He didn’t tell you anything about them and you doesn’t know whether to be mad or happy about it.

In the middle of the fight, you notice one of the man with the big stick in his hand is going to beat him from the back. I’M just too busy fighting the man in front and he doesn’t realize he’s in great danger. Yelling might be helpless as your voice is not that loud like earlier.

So with a big risk ahead you quickly went to him and hug him from the back to protect him from the big hit. I’M were surprise by that sudden act so he take a quick look and notice a big man is going to beat you up anytime soon.

Despite all the ruckus around him, I’M hug you back but spin you until you face the front and exposes his back to the danger instead of you.

“No wait.” His face is just an inch from you and you can see him slowly close his eyes and ‘BANG’ the man hit him badly without any mercy at all. Your jaw drop and eyes widen when you can see the pain that he is holding from the look on his face.

He doesn’t complain neither make a big fuse from it.

He just bite his lips and sweats forming in his forehead to show how bad it sting.

You can feel his embrace are getting loosen yet he force himself to stand.

Despite all the pain that he is having, he turn to face the man and beat him using his bare hands with all the energy left and it manage to weaken the man out.

“I’M! Are you okay?!” you asked worriedly because it seem like he could pass out anytime soon.

This time, a man with a knife show up trying to stab I’M in his stomach but thanks to his quick reflection he manage to avoid it by protecting his stomach using his right arm. However, the man use the chance to leave a deep cut on his arm instead. Because of that, blood start to come out and I’M try to stop it using his other hand.

You are surprised once again but this time more shocker when you see blood from his body. Worriedly you bend down and check him out. Look like it getting worst and you are tears when it became more terrifying than ever.

I’M know he couldn’t fight anymore, not with his injured arm, so he grab your hand and use the chance that he got to run away. You are still tired but you ignore it and run quickly as you can with him.

The man is still chasing at the back and with his last plan in mind, I’M pull you to hide in the dark corner behind the poll. He land his body on the wall and because he in a lot of pain you take the lead by standing in front of him to check whether they are still here.

Looking thing has calm down a bit, you turn your head and see whether I’M is okay or not.

“Are you okay? Answer me!” you asks nervously.

“I’m fine.” He reply but his face tell the opposite. “Don’t lie, I know you’re not, I’ve been hit before and don’t expect for me to trust you!” You said with your voice suddenly raises higher.

I’M can hear something is coming and because you are too noisy, he use his hand to cover your big mouth to stop you from keep asking and pull you closer to avoid being see from them. A big gulp is swallow down on your throat when the distance are two close between you two.

Thankfully they didn’t notice you are there and keep on searching.

I’M make sure the men already leave your hiding before he take his hand off you. Your heart are beating rapidly fast about the distance but I’M doesn’t notice that at all, he’s just too busy looking around to make sure you are safe.

After everything clear he slowly let you go and continue use his hand to press the wound preventing the blood keep flowing out.

“Let’s go back to the dorm now before they notice that we are missing.” He says acting like he was fine.

I’M walk ahead you and worriedly you follow him from behind.

 

 

 

 

It is 8.15 in the morning and it is time to pack up your stuff before heading back to school. You manage to return to the room right before everyone awakes and you only rest your eyes for an hour before packing up your stuff. After done washing and packing, you leave the room following other students acting like nothing happened.

The students are being asked to gather besides the bus to wait for Mrs Park and the other teacher to come before the bus can take you back. Almost every students are there but I’M is not one of them. You look around to see whether he’s here, but too bad he’s not and no matter how many time you keep searching he still cannot be seen.

You keep turning your head to check the front door hoping that he would come anytime soon. Once in a while the tense fight that occurred yesterday hit your mind and you can’t be more worried whenever I’M face show up with blood coming out from his deep cut.

“Where did you go last night?”

Jeon Sera suddenly appear and pull you from the daydream that you have for a moment there.

“Sleep.” You lie.

She smirk and arrogantly correct the way she stand. “You think I would believe that? If Mrs. Park know that you are sneaking out in the middle of the night I’m sure you’re going to be in a big trouble later.” She continue sound a bit like threatening.

Listening to that make you unbelievably look at her. It is hard to believe her real attitude just now. You never know that her personality would be annoying as this. Instead of feeling scared by her threat, you feel mad instead because you let her fool you by her innocent image yesterday.

Sera suddenly shift her gaze to your back and try to act pretty. She’s changing like chameleon and you turn your head to see why she can easily change like that.

It was I’M.

He finally come out with his friend walking side by side, struggling like he is perfectly fine. But he cannot hide it from his face though because you notice that he had become paler this morning.

Looking at how hard Sera try to attract his attention make you realize that Sera actually has feeling for him.

 

 

After Mrs Park making sure that everyone are already here, the students go inside the bus and get ready to leave the TV station. You sit as the same place like the first time you come and wait patiently for I’M to seat beside you.

You purposely put your bag at the seat next to you, so other students won’t take that seat. Few minutes waiting and I’M finally show up. He come near you and you quickly take your bag away.

This time is different, he’s not saying anything as you expect he would. He just sit there quietly and close his eyes to get some rest. You a bit disappoint because he completely ignore you.

 Honestly you are afraid to ask him anything because he might feel interrupted but because of too worried you finally give in and decide to ask him after a minute hesitating.

“Is it still hurt?” you start.

“No.” he answer with his eyes closed. “You should tell Mrs Park about this, the wound… it need to be treat quick” You continue despite his short reply.

“I’m fine, now can you stop asking me questions, I’m trying to get some sleep here.”

He correct the way his seated with his eyes still tightly closed.

You stare at his face for a while and wait for his reaction. “Don’t take me wrong though, I’m just feeling guilty, that’s all.” You explain and you don’t know why in the world you said it like that.

“Don’t be, it is not like it was your fault.” He answers.

“Aren’t you scared? I mean they are like five big men fighting you in the middle of the road…”

“I’ve been hurt way worse than this before, beside…” he stop and slowly open his eyes. You look at him and wait patiently for him to finish his sentence.

 “…Your mom is scarier than them.”

He chuckle and so do you.

 

 

 

“I’m home!” You purposely announce about your arrival loudly to let everyone know that you are finally home. Coincidently, Kihyun is on his way to the kitchen and he is the one who come and greet you first following by Minhyuk and Shownu who are not too far from the front door.

“Miss Jihye! Oh, I mean Jihye!  We miss you.” Minhyuk come out running and help you carry your back with his usual friendly smile. “I can carry it myself, you should…” you stop and slowly turn to look at I’M giving Minhyuk a sign that I’M is actually in pain and he is the one who needed his help the most. “…Should what?” he ask failed to understand your sign.

Kihyun let Minhyuk take care of you and he went to help I’M instead. “Glad that you are home!” he said joyfully and happily hit on I’M shoulder to show how proud he is towards him. However, Kihyun doesn’t know that he had hurt himself and even it just a slight hit, it actually strong enough to make I’M fall down on the ground because he already hold the pain for  too long.

Everyone are in shock when I’M suddenly weakly squat down and blood in his arm start to come out again. “I’M what’s wrong?! Are you okay?!” Kihyun start to freak out when he see how weak I’M is and Shownu who are also in surprised ran towards him to check.

Minhyuk who cannot believe his own eyes quickly drop your bag down and turn to help I’M “Yaa! Are you hurt?! What happened?” Minyuk see something weirdly wrong when his white shirt become red all of sudden so he pull up I’M long sleeve shirt to have better view.

You like the witness of everything but yet you can’t help from being surprised when you know I’M torn his own cloth to stop the blood by wrapping it around his arm.

“Quick, bring him inside.”

Kihyun take I’M bag with him while Shownu who are the strongest there uses his strength to carry I’M into his room with Minhyuk help. Wonho, Joehoen and Hyungwon who heard the loud noise from inside come out at once to see what actually is going on. They are all surprised when they see I’M helplessly being carry and worriedly follow Shownu from the back.

While everybody are busy with I’M, you can just watch them silently from behind. It’s not like you are not worry about him or something it just seem like your ego stop you from showing that you are actually care.

 

A/N : Sorry for the long wait guys, I’m a bit busy nowadays X3 anyway  thank you for reading though :D