Condition

My Heroes

“Why?”

I’M still strongly stick to his question and you are busy wondering around looking for a right answer to avoid from I’M misunderstanding the whole situation.

Actually, to be honest you were just too shy to let yourself being in the room.

All this time you act like a snob around them because you want to show them that you are dislike about their presence in the house. Even you care about him or them, you cannot show it too much because you’re afraid they will think that you had gladly accept them to be in the some part of your life, and the another reason why you don’t want to come in is because of…

 

 

 

 

 

 

BOO!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minhyuk suddenly show up from the back and he successfully startle both of you.

You almost had a heart attack and so do I’M.

The place is too dark and playing joke like that is not funny.

I’M start getting mad and hit Minhyuk on the head to show that it not okay to do that in the middle of the night.

Minhyuk rub the pain on his head and pout. “What are you guys doing here anyway?” he ask and you quickly distance yourself from I’M.

“I can’t sleep.” You reply acting like nothing happened

Minhyuk nod and turn his head to I’M “…and you?”

“Protecting her from a ghost like you!” I’M rolled his eyes and quickly get up leaving you and Minhyuk there alone.

 

 

 

Morning is here. After you get yourself ready you went and grab your bag before leaving the room. The breakfasts are already on the table and without wasting much time you dig in, filling up your tummy to start off your day.

On your way out you can see three familiar figure are struggling to put their shoes on. Once you’re getting near you can clearly see that it is actually Minhyuk, Joohoen and I’M who is look like currently waiting for you to go to the school together.

Every morning your mom will send you using car, but look like not for today though. You can’t see her anywhere that’s mean look like starting from today you’re going to go to school with those three.

You sigh when you finally get the real reason why they are there.

Minhyuk, Jooehoen and I’M stop their conversation when you are already near and smile at you like usual.

You accidently lock eyes with I’M and it surprises you with his presence there.

He shouldn’t be here because you believe that he still hasn’t completely recover.

“Are you going to school too?” Curiously you asked and he nod. “But-”

“Don’t worry Jihye-ah, he is actually stronger than you thought, see?” Jooeheon purposely hit I’M on the shoulder and he were taken aback by that. He bite his lips with trying to cover the pain and act like it doesn’t hurt.

“I can take care of myself.” He said arrogantly and take the first step ahead. “Jihye, hurry or we will miss the bus.” Minhyuk rushes and you quickly put it on and leave with them. “Where’s my mom anyway?”

 

 

 

You arrive at school perfectly right before they could close the gate. With all those three walking together with you make you feel quite awkward with them around. Especially when they are standing too close make it good enough for the others to misunderstand the whole thing.

“I don’t think those gang are here guys, no need to be overprotective.” You whisper when the unnecessary attention around start to bother you.  “Look, you cannot take it too lightly Oh Jihye, maybe they are already here, pretending to be one of the students waiting for the right chance to...” Jooehoen grab your arms in surprise “…attack you!” he continue followed with a laughter.

You who are still in shock suddenly hit Jooehoen on his shoulder, hard enough so he could stop doing jokes like that. “Students? Yeah right, with those moustache and large build? I doubt they won’t even fit the school uniform, they are just too old.” I’M who are the being silence since the morning voice out his opinion and the rest just laugh.

“Old? Like Shownu hyung? Kekeke” Minhyuk added and hearing Shownu name finally had make you to laugh with them too.

Thanks to Minhyuk, your gloomy morning manage to have a little change with a small laugh just now. You don’t even realize that you are almost reach your class because you are just too busy had some little laugh with them. The class is just a mile away, and you can see Jeon Sera is currently chatting with her group of friends near the front door.

Since the trip, whenever you lay eyes on her, you’re not thinking of her as the same way anymore.

She’s sure is beautiful with those long leg, but her inner side is just not match with her innocent self. However you still need to thank trip though, because of that you can finally realize the real her and the fact that she does actually have feelings for I’M.

Jeon Sera notice that you are coming closer and the tense is getting bigger especially when I’M is walking next to you. She stop from talking and her eyes are fixed to yours instead of her friends. You can see the changes in her eyes and you brace yourself by throwing a death glare at her to show that you’re not the type of person she can mess with.

“Oh hello there, good morning!” Minhyuk who doesn’t know anything greet her cheerfully and she force herself to smile.

She won’t be acting like that if it was I’M who greet her like that.

Even so look like she has this little hope that at least I’M will smile at her…but too bad he’s not.

He just coldly walk pass through her and walk inside the class.

“Alright students, sharp at 12, all your assignment must be on my table, got it?” Your science teacher take the books with her and leave the class ignoring the sighing and complain from the other kids.

With her class ended that’s mean it recess time.

All the other students are rushing to go the canteen to eat while you are still fix on your chair waiting for Mina who is still hasn’t come back from the staff room. You take out your phone and play with it while waiting for her to come.

The first thing that you do is open your gallery and check out those evidence picture concerning about your dad death. Including this time, it already been hundreds time you staring at the same pictures again and over again.

‘Lim Myeongsu’ the key for everything. He’s the only clues that can help you to take you to a different level throughout the investigation. Meeting this man is like your next step, but until now you couldn’t find the way on how to meet him.

“What’s that?”

Minhyuk suddenly show up from the back and you quickly hide your phone from him.

 “N-nothing.”

“Oh really?...” Minhyuk raise his eyebrows and observe your face closely as he could.

“W-what?”

“Are you hiding something from me?” he continue.

You stop saying anything and think back about your action. Hiding it from Minhyuk won’t bring any benefit to you. Maybe if he know about this, he could lend some help with also trying to figure out the way on how to help you so you can meet Lim Myeongsu eye to eye.

 Once you agree with yourself, you take out your phone and get ready to show it to him.

“Minhyuk-ah!” A girl with a ponytail call him from outside of the class and cut the conversation that you are currently having with him. Minhyuk turn his body to see who and after signaling each other he went outside to join her.

Actually, it was a girl who ask him earlier to join the school band. Believe it or not, thanks to his talent Minhyuk had been accepted to be the vocalist. Look like now he’s going to be a bit busy especially when you heard there is going to be competition among the bands between the schools by the end of this month.

“Can you take care of Jooehoen’s phone for me, I’m going be back soon.” He says before leaving you there. “Where’s Jooehoen then?” You ask after he give you the phone.

“He got football practice.”

“Wait- then how about I’M? What activity he got himself in?” You start to get a little piss off when those three who you think won’t be able to fit in the school now had been the busiest students around.

“I don’t know precisely where…but he did say that he want to get some fresh air” With that, he waves you goodbye and you just unbelievably watch him leaving you alone just like that.

 

Jeon Sera and her group of friends are still there busy touch up their face with some blush and lipstick on their lips. They were laughing and joking with each other and you can’t get more annoyed hearing their squeaky chuckling.

“Sera, is this yours?” one of her friends pick up a blue invitation card from the ground and show it to her. The card probably fell out when she try to put the book under the table.

“I thought it gone missing already, its okay you can just throw it into the dustbin there.” She said arrogantly without even looking inside of the envelope first. Feeling curious about the card, before she do it as been told, she open it and read every words written.

Everyone can tell that she look surprise with her wide eyes and jaw drop.

“Seriously, you want me to throw this? But look like it an invitation card to a party where famous and rich people going to be there.” she said after done reading.

“A politician meet to be exact, but believe me they are doing it every year and it was boring as hell.”

 

“Politician?”

You said to yourself as you accidently heard them.

You are who already get up on your feet to leave the class… go back to sit on your chair waiting to hear more. As you keep listening to their conversation, you finally remember about something important. Jeon Sera is not only was born with a silver spoon in , but she also the daughter of a politician.

In fact she’s the only one come from a politician family in your school.

 

 

“But why they are inviting you? Shouldn’t it just be your dad?” She continue asking.

“I know right, but they want the whole family to be there, and every year my dad will force me to go and listen about their politic issue and bla bla bla…” She make faces and finish it with a sigh. “…why you keep asking anyway, I’ll be gladly give the invitation to you if you want.”

“No thanks. I’ve got better things to do than going there.” she chuckle and put the card back inside the envelope. “Should I throw it now?” she show it to Sera for one last time and Sera nod.

 

 

“NO WAIT!”

 

You who are sitting not too far from them quickly come over and stop her from throwing it away. All the girls including Sera look a bit surprised when you suddenly barge into their conversation just like that.

“Excuse me?” Sera ask dissatisfiedly and look at you with a big question mark on her face.

You brace yourself by pointing to the card and ask “That card… can I have it?”

The girl who is currently holding it slowly come at you and without hesitating she give it to you

 “S-sure.”

When you almost get it, Sera quickly reach out her hand sneak it from you. “Not too fast.” She said and secure it on her right hand. “Why in the world you want this invitation card?” She continue looking at you curiously then before.

Her question had make you turn silence and leave everyone questioning the same thing. You must think of a something that far from the true so she won’t know about the real reason why you need that card. To make it easy.

A lie.

Yes a lie…you need to lie to her this time.

You know it wrong to lie to her and everyone there, but it the only way you can have that card. In fact, it might be the last way for you to meet Lim Myeongsu because you are hundred percent sure that he will be there.

“Because I like politic stuff, it is like my dream… yes one of my dream to meet them and talk about politics.” You awkwardly grin.

It sound a bit stupid and weird at the same time, but put the blame on you because you couldn’t think of a better one.

“Ewwww, you like all those stuff? That is so boring.” Said the one with blond hair.

Sera look quite unsure with your reply and it takes her a while to actually believe in you.

“…Fine, you can have it, thanks to me now you can make your dream come true.” She sarcastically said it to you and you can just fake a laugh because it all untrue.

“But!” She stop halfway and take it back again.

You start to become impatient but you try to hold it back. “But what?” You ask.

“I cannot give it to you for free.” She smirk. An evil one.

“Fine, how much does it cost then?” You sigh.

She just laugh it all out and force the other to join her too.

“What so funny?”

“You think I want your money? I’m richer than you and I doubt that you can pay me if I put a price on this card.” Looking at her annoyed face and arrogant attitude make your hand slowly forming into a punch, and if its not because of that card you might had punch her on the face by now.

“I can give this card to you but under ONE condition.”

 

 

 

Dinner is here and everyone are sitting around the table with their mouth full with food. You are who is sitting between your mom and Shownu just eat your food silently with a lot of thought going through your mind.

 

“I can give this card to you but under ONE condition.”

 

There it goes again.

Sera’s voice keep playing in your head and it bug you the entire day.

“Mrs Kang! This soup is amazing, you’re such an amazing cook!” Minhyuk comment it out loud and thanks to his loud voice you finally return back to the reality again.

The comment keep adding up and it put Mrs Kang in red. She offer another bowl of rice to him and Minhyuk gladly accept it.

“So how your investigation going?” Your mom ask when she realize you hasn’t say a word since dinner start. Usually you will busy asking your mom how her day is and keep rebelling about Monsta X presence in your house. But not today though.

“Its fine… I guess”

“Has you think of a way to meet that man?” Shownu ask after putting his glass down and you nod. “R-really? How?” Wonho who saw that continue with his question.

“What man?” Hyungwon who hasn’t had any clue about anything look around hoping that somebody will explain to him. “Are you investigating something Jihye?” Kihyun who had done with his food put down his bowl and ask.

Before the question keep adding up, you put your chopstick down and prepare yourself to explain. “There’s going to be a party where mostly politician will be there talking and discussing about politic issues and stuff and I’m pretty sure he’s going to be there too.”

“So are you going to kidnap him or something?” Wonho ask and put everyone is hesitation. “No you silly, Jeon Sera, my classmate she offer me her invitation card because she doesn’t feel like  going, so what I’m planning is I’m going to disguise as one of the guest there and take the chance to meet him face to face.”

“So where’s the invitation card then?” Shownu said when there’s no paper in your hand.

You reply with biting your lips because it time reveal the hard part. “It still in Sera’s hand.”

“She said she’s going to give it to me…but under one condition.” You look at everyone face and just like your expected they are all focusing at you and without any reason your heart start to beat rapidly fast.

You take a glance at I’M face and look like he also waiting for your next word.

“What is the condition then?”

 

 

“I’M need to go to on a date with her.”