The date

My Heroes

The day is finally here.

Just like been promised I’M and Sera will go on a date together.

Last night when you tell them about the news, you make everyone almost choke on their food. The dinner become a bit hectic because the rest of the guys found it hard to believe it when one of the hottest girl in school had ask I’M to go out on a date with her.

Kihyun and Wonho almost trip down on the floor because they were laughing too much.

Minhyuk and Jooehoen kept telling him how lucky he was and jokingly forced him to spill out the secret on how to tackle a girl.

While Shownu and Hyungwon just pat him on the back and smile widely like a proud father.

You on the other hand felt guilty because he need to suffer once more because of you.

 

The clock show 9.15 a.m. in the morning. You and Mrs Kang patiently wait for I’M to go down the stairs. In your hand you are currently holding a bouquet of flower that you are going to give it to I’M later so that he can use it as a tool to make Sera like I’M more.

 Every time you stare at those flowers, you can’t help but to hate yourself for letting Sera controlling you over some stupid invitation card.

The waiting finally come to an end when I’M finally show up with Minhyuk and Kihyun following him from the back making sure his cloth stay in the right way. Mrs Kang cannot stop telling how handsome he look and you just stand there silently waiting for him to come down.

“Wow, I got to tell you that Minhyuk and Kihyun sure know how to style people up.”

Wonho who just arrive from his morning workout stand beside you and start complimenting them. Listening to that make Kihyun and Minhyuk feel more proud than ever. They both went down with a wide smile on their face but not for I’M though. Everyone can tell that he hates this.

“Yaa Yaa! Smile please.” Shownu come near I’M and put his finger on his lips to force him to carve a smile. “What with the long face? It not like you’re going to a war, you going to a date dude.” Hyungwon who can’t stand his sour face come forward and encourage him.

Looking at how enthusiastic his teammates are has successfully make I’M shyly laugh and it put everyone in relief.

Now it’s the time for you to hand in the flower to him. To be honest, since he start to come down from the stairs something happened to your heart. It was beating like crazy and it became worst now that he is standing exactly in front of you.

“Um Jihye?” Jooehoen ask when you suddenly freeze at your spot. “Y-yes?” You ask curiously.

“…The flower please?”

“Oh…” Jooehoen pointed at the flowers you are holding and you finally realize that you still haven’t give him the flower yet. After getting your senses back you quickly hand it over and I’M take it with a sigh.

“Do I really need to do this?” I’M check the flowers repeatedly and look at you. “Too bad you do, she pick you.”

“Remember, make sure you give this red roses to her because she love rose, and use your charm to make her like you more. She said after the date she going to give the invitation card to you so make sure after you had it in your hand… don’t lose it.” You remind him.

I’M let out a sigh again check his himself for the last time. “I’m quite nervous though.” He bite his lips and you just watch him leave the house from the back.

 

 

 

TING TONG!

Mrs Kang who had just done watering the plant at the backyard quickly rushes to the front to open the gate after she heard the doorbell sound.

It was Mina.

She look completely prepared with her yellow dress on and a flower crown on her head.

“Are you going somewhere?” Mrs Kang ask after observing her from head to toe.

“Does it look obvious?” She grin and Mrs Kang happily nod. “Where’s Jihye? Is she ready yet?”

 

 

Mina open your door’s room and walk inside expecting that you’re ready to go out with her. Other people will at least knock first before entering someone place, but not for Mina though. Being friend for almost ten years doesn’t need require all those stuff, because to her, your house, mean her house too.

“Jihye, are you done yet?” She ask with her eyes busy staring at her phone. “Jihye?” She call  again when she doesn’t heard any answer coming from you.

She put her phone down and start to look around. “Jihye-ah.” She try one more time and feeling curious she went to your bathroom to see whether you are there. Mina carefully open the door but there’s no you.

She go back to your bed and try to look for your trace, but too bad everything there look all neat and clean make it hard for her to look for something to tell where are you exactly.

Feeling weird about your absence she quickly give you a call…

 

 

 

“Why I’m doing this again?” You asked yourself for the tenth time and continue hiding behind the pillar. As the time passes, there are more people on the street making it harder for you to keep an eye towards both of them. You correct your hat and your dark glasses and suddenly your phone start to ring.

“Aish.” You sigh when you forget to put it on silence.

It was Mina and after a few seconds of hesitation you finally decided to answer it because you know she won’t stop until you talk to her.

“Yes?”

“Where are you seriously?”

“At my house, why?”

“Oh really, which part of your house then?”

“My room you silly, what is it? Cut to the chase please, I’m busy.”

“Busy doing what?”

“Look I don’t have to explain to you, can we talk later?”

“I’m in your room right now, and I couldn’t see you anywhere… don’t lie to me!”

“Yo-You are in my room?”

“Yeah! Are you forget it already? We’re going to the movies together, REMEMBER”

“Oh…”

“Don’t ‘Oh’ me, now tell me where the heck are you?!”

 

I’M and Sera get down from the car and like a real gentleman I’M open the door for her. Your jaw drop when you see how nice he is toward her. All this time he just a cold guy in front of you, but look like he’s not acting like that in front of Sera, he looks warm especially with those killer smile that he had flash for her.

They went inside a fast food restaurant instead of the fancy one and it shock you because you expect that Sera won’t eat at those place.

You off your phone without answering Mina first and sneakily follow them from behind.

That’s right.

You are actually stalking them on their date because you can’t just sit still. No matter how hard you try to hold yourself down, you end up went out quietly by yourself few minutes after I’M left the house. Nobody know about it because you used the back door and hopefully no one notice about your absence until you finally return home.

I’M and Sera are currently siting near the window and you quickly look for the right spot so you can keep looking at them from a far. To make your sight clearer, you take out the binocular inside of your bag and use it to observe them.

Nothing much to see because they are just eating and chatting like a normal couple. The only difference is that they are look pretty friendly with each other.  

Too friendly to be exact.

 

 

“Did she just-“Mina unbelievably stare at her phone screen when you suddenly cut off the line leaving her question unanswered. She try to dial your number again but look like you purposely didn’t answered it. Mina try for the last time and look like you already off your phone.

Being in your room won’t change the fact that you are not there. So after thinking for a while, Mina decided to go out and try to look for you at the places that you usually visited. She open the door and right before she could step out from the room…Kihyun suddenly appear before her eyes and shock her.

“Hello there.” Kihyun greet her and Mina awkwardly smile. With her eyes try to avoid his gaze, she slowly close your door’s room to avoid from Kihyun from keep looking inside.

It will be bad if he know that you are not there, so that’s why she do that.

“Is Jihye inside? Cause I need to see her”

Mina start to become nervous all of the sudden and because of that she doesn’t dare to lift her head up. She’s bad when it comes to lie about something. So that’s why she found it difficult to answer Kihyun.

“…Mina?” Kihyun call her name again when she notice that she suddenly turn silence.

“She’s not here…”

“Wh-what do you mean?”

“Jihye…She’s not in her room.”

“WHAT?”

 

 

 

 

After finish with their lunch, both of them come out from the fast food restaurant and get ready to move to their next destination. You quickly hide from them to make sure they doesn’t notice that you are there.

With the engine start, you quickly went to the road and stop a cab so that it will be easier for you to follow them. Once you are in you tell the driver to secretly follow Sera’s car and thanks to the driver’s driving skill you are able to keep on track with them.

15 minutes on the road, Sera’s car finally make a stop in front of the local cinema.

They had successfully park the car and after you making sure that they are in, you finally doing the same thing.

 

“May I help you?” The worker ask when you are at the ticket counter. You pull your cap to the back and start to look around. “I want to watch the exact movie that couple just order.” You said while pointing at Sera and I’M who is currently lining up to buy some popcorn.

“Okay, pick your seat please.”

 

 

After done paying for the movie, you quickly went inside with your regular popcorn in your hand and start looking for your seat despite how dark the room is. Just like you wish, you are watching the exact movie as them and sitting exactly behind them.

As usual, before the movie start it’s going to be few ads playing on the screen.

You can see Sera’s wisely use that chance to have some conversation with I’M.

But too bad because of the loud noise you weren’t able to listen to them clearly.

With a big disappointment you just lay back on the chair and wait patiently for the movie to start with your eyes still fixed on those two.

The movie finally started and without any prior notice the first thing that come out on the screen is a …ghost.

Both you and Sera were shocked by that unexpected scene and Sera quickly went to I’M’s embrace. While you on the other hand can just scream by yourself…alone with apologizing to the people around because you accidently scream too loud.

“Are you okay?” I’M ask when Sera still haven’t let go of him. “…Maybe.” She shiver in fear.

Looking at how close they are had suddenly make you turn angry and to cool yourself down you just stuff your mouth with the popcorn that you had bought.

 

 

 

Mina currently being surround by the other six Monsta X members who are can’t sit down after they know that you are went missing. They had come into many ridiculous speculation regarding about your sudden disappearance and thing start to become worst when they know that you are already missing nearly half of the day.

“So you telling us that she wasn’t here already before you enter her room?” Kihyun go near Mina and ask.

“…Yes.”

“What if ‘The Ruler’ gang come here and take her away?!” Minhyuk suddenly start to freak out whenever it hit his mind.

Hyungwon let go out a sigh and disagree with Minhyuk. “Don’t be silly, with all of us here I don’t think they had the guts to come.”

“I think she went out secretly to avoid us from following her, besides she doesn’t like being followed, right?” Shownu try to calm everyone out before they start to think nonsense again.

“But if what you said is true, we don’t need to be too worry right? Because I’M is with her.” Mina brace herself to join the discussion after she doesn’t see I’M anywhere.

“That doesn’t make any sense, I’M is currently on date with Sera so how come he’s going with Jihye?” Jooehoen said.

“I’M is going out on a date with Sera? Since when?!”

“That’s not important right now, we should split up and start to look for her.” Shownu come to the front and as a real leader he start planning things up. “I will go with Jooehoen, Wonho you should go with Kihyun and…”

Mina who is still cannot believe that Sera is actually on date with I’M need to forget about that for a while and she include herself into Shownu’s plan. “I’ll go check at the usual place that she always visited, who know I might found something helpful.” She said with Sera’s face playing in her head.

“No wait…” Shownu stop Mina right before she could leave the place.

“It would be danger if you go to search for her alone, Hyungwon should go with you.”

Listening to Hyungwon name make her face suddenly turn red and she try not to show that she’s actually feeling over the top when she heard what Shownu just said. “Is that okay with you Mina?” Shownu asks her when Mina suddenly freeze at her spot.

“It’s perfect.”

She grin and Hyungwon sigh.

 

 

 

 

Right after the movie, you still followed them quietly until they stop at the nearest park. You checked the time and it shock you when it almost evening. Even so, you still doesn’t have the feeling to go back home, not until I’M done with her date with Sera.

I’M and Sera walk side by side and once in a while you can notice that they would accidently brush their hand into each other. They were talking and laughing along the road and you can’t be more annoyed looking at Sera’s exciting face.

It been an hour but yet they haven’t show any sign that they will stop from touring the whole park. Thing has become a bit bored when they keep doing the same thing over and over again. Besides following them for a whole day make you feel totally worn out. So in the end you finally decided to left them alone and continue the stalking after some quick rest.

However, when you about to turn away from those two, they suddenly stop and like a flash of light Sera make her move and gives I’M a kiss on the lips.

Your jaw drop and your heart stop.

The time freeze and you suddenly run out of breath. You swallow down a big gulp and with a hand turning into a fist you spun and face another way… away from them.

You feel like running away from there, but your leg seems like doesn’t listen to you.

You are still shock by the whole situation and the impact is just too strong…

 

 

“Yaa.”

 

 

 

A familiar voice is ringing from your back and grab your hand to prevent you from leaving the place.

“So I was right then, it is you. How long you had been stalking me?” I’M asks and you still refuse to turn your body and face him.

The date seems like had ended when there’s no Sera next to him.

He probably saw you freeze at the spot when he about to go home.

“No I’m not. That’s nonsense.” You said full with tense in your tone.

“You think you can fool me.”

You ignore him and take your hand away from his grip. Despite he still waiting for your reply, you take the first step and left him there alone.

I’M who notice your cold reaction look surprised with your attitude just now.

Feeling disappointed with you he quickly come forward and grab your hand once again. “Yaa, Oh Jihye.” He called but you keep on being silence.

“Yaa, what happened? Is something wrong?” He went ahead of you and stand before your eyes.

“Did you enjoy the date?” After a minutes of silence you slowly lift you head and ask him.

“So you do followed me huh, why? Is it because you found it hard to trust me?” I’M who still didn’t understand the reason why you acting like that keep showering you with his question.

“Maybe, I do.”

You who keep getting impatient on him, continue walking ahead and left him.

I’M chase you for the third time and stand before your eyes again.

“Then maybe, you should think about it first before giving this task to me.” I’M said disappointedly with his anger keep rising.

“Maybe I should.” You reply and walk away leaving I’M staring at you unbelievably from behind. He hope that you just playing around and turn back to apologize after your mean word just now but look like you do it for real.

In the end, he gives up on waiting, angrily he turn and walk the opposite way.

“Girls. Ugh”

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Mina who had been assigned with Hyungwon to look for you is still on the road looking everywhere with a hope they going to found you soon. It almost an hour but the result is just a big disappointment when they couldn’t see you anywhere.

“Jihye! Oh Jihye! Jihye- ah!”

Mina yelling and shouting your name as loud as she can so that you could hear her calling for you.

However, even she had a good intention on doing that, it just attract people to stare at her weirdly and put Hyungwon into a big embarrassment at the same time. People are start whispering around them and because of too embarrass Hyungwon take Mina and pull her to the side.

“Would you stop yelling her name like that?!” He said angrily but in a low voice so people couldn’t hear him.

“But…” She pout and cover her face using her hair when she finally notice all those intention around her.

“Try to call her again.” Hyngwon rush and Mina slowly and start to dial your name.

“She still off her phone.”

Hyungwon sigh and start biting his thick lips. “Are you sure she hasn’t told you anything before she went missing like this?” Mina slowly nod and Hyungwon seems like he could explode anytime soon.

“Let’s go before it getting dark.” He walk ahead of her and Mina fasten her step to walk next to him. Without any notice, Hyungwon suddenly put his hand on Mina’s shoulder and it make her stop and surprise at the same time. “Don’t shout her name, got it?” He warn her and Mina tremblingly nod.

She found it hard to continue keeping up with him after the slight touch that she just received from Hyungwon just now. With his strong gaze and warm hand it enough to give her butterfly in the stomach.

“Yaa!” Hyungwon call when Mina suddenly stop moving. It wake her up from her ridiculous fantasy and she quickly run to get him who is already way to the front.

 

“So…How?” Hyungwon asks Mina who just come out from the fifth store that she had enter to ask about whether you are there or not. Mina disappointedly shake her head and Hyungwon can’t do nothing instead of letting go a big sigh.

They continue searching for you on the street with a hope that you’re going to appear somewhere soon.

“Can I ask you something?” Mina’s break the ice and the silence among them.

“What?”

“Is it true that I’M and Sera are dating?”  

Hyungwon turn his head and look at Mina who is still with that question. To tell her truth that, Hyungwon himself doesn’t know the real details about this dating stuff. So asking him about that is just waste of time.

“Maybe you should ask Jihye herself about that, she’s the reason why they both are on date right now.”

“But-“

Right before Mina could continue her sentence, something pull her attention and she stop to clarify that. She blinks her eyes a few times to make sure she doesn’t see things in a daylight like this.

“Jihye?” She murmur by herself when she saw that you are just coming out from the alley next to the jewelry shop.

A happy smile is carve on her face and without wasting much time after she know that’s you, she call Hyungwon to come and get you together.

Suddenly, out from nowhere a couple of familiar man in their black suit appear at your back and cup your face using the small yet mysterious handkerchief to avoid you from screaming for help.

Their plan worked and slowly your eyes start to close by itself. Look like they had put something on the handkerchief and soon you passed out in their arms.

Looking at unconscious you are, one of the man take you to the car with the help of the other.

“NOO, JIHYE!”

Mina run as fast as she could and Hyungwon who just arrived thankfully had saw everything and start to run to stop the car.

“Jihye! Jihye-ah, stop them!”

I’M who is about to make his turn has heard Mina’s loud voice and come running towards her when he see that you are being carried away.

“What’s wrong?!”

“Jihye! They take her away, quick!”

 

 

 

A/N : I'm so sorry for the late update guys! >.<