Uninvited guest

My Heroes

“Jihye. Jihye-ah!”

Your mom went into the police station right after she got a phone call from the officer. She left all her work and drive to the police station like had been mentioned earlier as fast as she could.

Once she has arrived, she straight away looking and calling your name everywhere until she found you. The police station is pack with criminals and police officer making it hard for her to see you there.

Hearing to that voice you suddenly stand up straight and show yourself to let her notice you.

“Jihye, are you okay?! Is it hurt somewhere?” she said giving you a big hug and check to see whether you got injury anywhere. “No mom, I’m fine, but-” you stop from finishing the sentence and turn your head to the Monsta X who are sitting with their head down on the couch because they were too afraid to held up they head after all the commotion.

 

 

Monsta X had been released after the police had clarified that they are not guilty. It also thanks to your explanation at the police officer earlier. It make the police feel more confident about them releasing Monsta X without any punishment. But they still warned them so that they could be more careful next time.

Your mom decided to take an early leave today to deal with all of this commotion that had happened this afternoon.

Monsta X are currently standing in front of her getting ready to hear to what your mom are going to say. Nobody are able to held their head up because they know they were wrong especially when polices were also involved in this matter.

You’re also couldn’t say a word after seeing how tense your mom are right now.

“Somebody, explain to me about what actually had happened” your mom start and the boys are exchanging glances among each other to decide who is supposed to explain it to her.  After the long discussion in the end Shownu as the leader take the responsibilities to speak up.

 “Why were you’re not around her on that time, did I said you must stay with her for 24/7?” she asks after hearing Shownu’s explanations

“We did but she hate it, so we all decided just to watch her from the back.” Hyungwon who cannot stand the blame quickly reply to her and correct things up.

After hearing that your mom turn her head and look at you. Her eyes look fierce and if you don’t say anything right now to cover it all up she probably going to explode again. “No mom, I was uncomfortable honestly…” you pout hoping that it could cool her down.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, look there are seven of them, they follow me at once, beside they are all guys, and I just can’t get used to it.” You try to act brave but failed after looking at your mom eyes.

“But you need to, it all for you own good.” she reply.

“I understand, but how about we lower it down a bit.”

“What?”

“Well like you said, they need to stand by my side 24/7, so how about if only one or two of them follow me at once? And they can take turn if they want. I think it will be much better” you said suddenly feeling proud after giving some thought that you think going to fix thing around a bit.

“That is nice idea I guess… what do you think boys?” Your mom ask.

“We’re just follow whatever you say Mrs Oh.” A smile suddenly carve on her face and finally a sigh of relief can be heard when they notice your mom is not that angry anymore.

 

 

Today is the day that you has been waiting for after being stuck at home for weeks. Yesterday you did a final check up on your shoulder and the doctor said that you are already good to go back to school. It just that you need to stay away from doing anything heavy for a while.

You never imagine that you miss your school that badly. Besides, it is also the only place the Monsta X won’t be around. You were smiling the whole morning when those thought keep hitting your mind.

Your mom drop you exactly in front of the school gate and you get off the car happily.

It’s the same morning, nothing change, nothing special. You walk in the school gate and after a few steps you can hear a familiar voice is calling your name from the back.

It was Mina of course, she ran towards you and hug you tightly like there’s no tomorrow to show how happy she are when you are actually going to school again.

Because of the bell has rang you both unable to talk that much. You quickly ran inside the school building like everybody else and thankfully you made it right before the discipline teacher come to jot down name for who are late.

“You got to tell me everything.”

Couldn’t stand it any longer Mina quickly put down her bag and went straight to your desk to hear your story. “I had been homesick for about a month, what fun story you expect me to tell you?” You chuckle a bit looking how anticipate her eyes are.

“Fine then, so tell me since when did you got yourself a bodyguards?” he asks again looking a bit disappointed when she fail to hear your fun story in the first place. “It is a long story, besides can you just pretend that you didn’t saw them that other day?”

Mina won’t back off on this one. She got to know the real reason why those seven hot guys keep following you around. She wrap her hand around your arms and make pretty faces hoping that it can lure you to tell her the whole story.

In the end you give up and explain to her the reason why the boys keep following you around however it is not because she succeed luring you with her cute faces it because you afraid that she’s going to get more annoying as the time passes by.

“Fine. Fine, I will, now pull a chair and listen attentively to what I’m going to say alright?”

Mina nods and quickly pull a chair just like you told her.

 

 

After spending few minutes telling her about Monsta X her eyes keep widen and jaw drop then she finish it with a squeal telling you how lucky you are to be surrounded by what she call ‘princes charming’.

It was quite an unexpected reaction that she gave. Because you thought she going to feel the same way as you, which you are actually hate the fact Monsta X going to keep following you around.

She also call you an ‘idiot’ because you didn’t grateful enough to have ‘princes charming’ who are always there whenever you need them.

“So tell me their name.” she said with a wide smile yet weird one carve on her face.

“Mina-shi, you supposed to send those assignment to Mr Lee now.” suddenly a student come and interrupt the whole conversation by putting a pile of books in front of her. Mina had been assigned to collect the assignment today and send it to the staff room but look like she’s forget about it probably too happy by your presence there.

“Later please.” She said.

“NOW”

 

Failed to reject the class monitor instruction with a heavy heart she takes the pile of books with her and went to the staff room.

Once she’s there, she went straight to Mr Lee desk aka their classroom teacher. She carefully put the books down and make sure it arrange neatly there. Mr Lee couldn’t been seen anywhere, it kinda weird though because he supposedly free on that time. Her eyes wondering around looking for him and it stop at the end of the room not too far from her standing.

Mr Lee is busy talking with a man with complete with a suite on. He somehow look familiar to her eyes. She try to remember back but failed to recognize his face. Not long after that Mr Lee notice about her presence and tell her to come near. Mr Lee tell the guy to take a sit first and Mina curiously come over.

“Are you calling me sir?”

“Yes, it great that you are here, can you call Jihye for me, tell her to come to the staff room now.” he said.

“Sure, but if you don’t mind, may I know why?” 

“Well his uncle come.” Mr Lee turn his head and point to the man who is sitting on the sofa. “Uncle?” Mina repeat. “Yeah, he come to fetch her, it an emergency.” He continues.

 

Mina went outside the staff room with a lot of questions playing on her head. She can feel that something is off there somewhere, but her mind seems like cannot figure out the reason why.

Her steps become slower especially when she about to reach the classroom.

“Wait.” She stop and held her head up. “Jihye doesn’t has an uncle.” She finally get the missing puzzle and she won’t stop until she complete it “So who is him then?”

 Once again her step stop. Another thing hit her mind. It was the incident that happen on the last night where a group of man show up and try to kidnap Jihye away before her eyes. Mina also almost become of the victim but thankfully they were saved before it too late. She finally get it now, the man who is claim as Jihye uncle is one of the man that try to hurt her and Jihye. She doesn’t remember the face clearly but she is sure that he is one of them.

After she manage to solve the whole puzzle you suddenly show up and see Mina standing not too far from you with looking slightly nervous. “Where are you going?” Mina asks and you are surprised to see her reaction. “To the staff room, the class monitor said that Mr Lee want to see me.” You reply.

“No y-you can’t” she said and grab your hand prevent you from going there. “What? Why?”

“I got question for you, answer me, do you has an uncle?”

“No, I told you before right, I only has an aunt, what with that question anyway” you ask still couldn’t grab what is currently happening right now.


Mina stop and think for a while and later on she drag you with her. “I’ll come with you, there is something that I need to show you.”

You end up going to the staff room with Mina walking next to you. However, once you both there, Mina prevent you from entering the staff room and she takes you near the window instead. “Look Jihye, the man who is sitting there, did you recognize him?” Mina point to the man through the window and without further ado you just do it like she ask you even though that you has a lot of questions regarding Mina sudden weird behavior.

You take a look and it hard to see his face because he is sitting oppositely from you. However, when you observe the look at his back head carefully you can sense something wrong and it feel like you has met him somewhere before. “That man claim that he is your uncle, he come here to fetch you but like you said you doesn’t has an uncle right? but look.” Mina don’t know how to put it too words but hopefully you still understand what she is trying to say.

“And furthermore, I think he is one of the bad man that trying to kidnap you the other night?” she continues. It hard to believe Mina at the first place, so you’ve decided to take a look again.

This time the man stand up looking pretty impatient probably because you’re still not there. He suddenly turn his head and you quickly get down to hide from him when his eyes almost reach the windows.

“Why? Did he saw us?” Mina asks anxiously.

You take another look again and this time the man is walking towards the window.

“He’s coming, what should we do?!”