Hide&run

My Heroes

IM (Changkyun) POV.

I admit today was like one of the worst day of my life. Too many things had happened at once and the feeling that I get I must said it was indescribable. It just like one of those feeling that people who would felt after riding a roller coaster.

Going out on a date with the girl that I barely known was already tough for me and it was like adding more salt to the wound when I found out that Jihye sneakily followed me from behind

Also, not to forget the highlight of the day when ‘The Ruler’ gang almost got her.

I was tired honestly.

When I was being surrounded with the rest of the members I couldn’t say much because there’s too many things that I want to voice out but it seems like I can’t put it into words. I was glad Hyungwon was there and explain it to them instead, otherwise they won’t stop staring at me suspiciously.

“But why in the world Jihye is out there? Is she going out on a walk or something?” Wonho suddenly pop out that question from nowhere and I can just look at him even I know the real reason why she was outside the house ,alone ,with no one there to protect her.

I can just tell them, but something had stop me from doing so.

After an hour sitting there discussing how we should figure this out, Shownu hyung finally call it a quit because it getting darker and he knows how much rests should we get right now.

He met me before I went back to my room and told me to give the invitation card to Jihye’s mom because its look like Jihye still unconscious on her bed so it would be better that way.

After done passing it over to her mom… I doesn’t go back straight to my room.

I had make the most ridiculous decision ever by changing my mind and went to Jihye’s room instead of my own.

I shouldn’t do that,

 I know.

 But it seem like I was already in front of her right before I knew it.

It was dark, the light was switch off and even so I can still see her sleeping soundly on her bed.

I brace myself and walk slowly towards her as slowly as I can so that I won’t awake her and to prevent any of the members of the house that I actually inside of her room.

I guess I was really curious about her when she still hasn’t woke up since dawn.

No, actually I was worried.

This is like almost the third time I saved her from danger and it look like today is not going to be the last, not until we get our hands on that gang.

I was wondering, wasn’t she felt tired about need to go through all this trouble?

Getting kidnap and hurt repeatedly?

She’s a girl anyway, a normal teenage girl.

I lost in my own thought and I was keep staring at her the whole time. She hasn’t wake up yet so I take a move forward to see whether she get hurt anywhere, or either bruises that she got in a hidden place.

Thankfully I can’t found anything, that’s mean it’s not that serious compare to the last time.

Her hair which almost covering half of her face had tempted me to touch it and put it in the right place

I don’t know what had possessed me until I lost control of myself when my finger slowly went up to her forehead and put it nicely to where it should belong.

 “Why did you follow me Oh Jihye?” The question suddenly come out and I was standing there waiting for an answer even though I know it was impossible to listen to her reply.

“Is it because you don’t think I could pull it off?” I ask again.

“Wait”

I suddenly lost of words when I suddenly remember the scene from this evening. It was when I realized Jihye was following me.

 

Feeling disappointed with her, I quickly come forward and grab her hand once again. “Yaa, Oh Jihye.” I called but she kept on being silence.

“Yaa, what happened? Is something wrong?” I went ahead of her and stand before her eyes.

“Did you enjoy the date?” After a minutes of silence she slowly lift her head and ask

“So you do followed me huh, why? Is it because you found it hard to trust me?”

“Maybe, I do.”

 

I was pull back to the reality with the look of her eyes still lingering inside of my head. Those stares that she gave me, it’s not something that I can call ordinary. I can sense a lot of emotions coming from her only by looking at her eyes.

 

“It can’t be right?” I shift my eyes back to her with my final question for the night.

Only this time, I don’t think I’m ready yet to hear she’s answering that one.

 

Jihye’s POV

Jihye’s morning is a bit different today. She can feel the cramp all over her body right after she get up from bed. It was a challenge even when she’s starts to walk. Even so she was determined to go to school because there’s nothing much to do at the house and she still hate the fact that Monsta X is still living under one roof with her.

“Miss Jihye! Good morning!” Minhyuk greet her cheerfully when Jihye suddenly appear for breakfast.

Jihye scan the whole room and take her seat next to her mom with her hand won’t stop rubbing her neck.

“Are you okay?” her mom asks her worriedly when she can see that Jihye aren’t smiling like usual.

“I’m fine mom, it just a cramp.”

Jihye lift up her spoon and begin eating.

“I heard everything from them.” Her mom started. Jihye can detect something wrong with her tone and so she quietly take a glance on her face to see how bad she felt upset about it.

“I must say that I was shocked.”

Jihye gulp.

“Starting from now on Oh Jihye, if I get another report saying that you went out alone by yourself without any of the guy on your side, I won’t let it go this time, you know what I mean right?” she continue.

Jihye’s head automatically lower down by its own and hesitantly answer her mom. “Y-yes, mother.”

 

 

Done with the breakfast, Jihye make sure that she grab her bag and all her school stuff before leaving for school. With the cramp that slowly fading away off her she walk towards to the front to put on her shoes.

Once she arrived, Minhyuk and Jooehoen are already there right before she does and she can’t say anything besides sighing. “Here we go again.”

Both Minhyuk and Jooehoen are too busy talking with each other until they didn’t not realize that Jihye was already there. Minhyuk is the first one who notice her and as usual he was smiling like he always did Look like Jihye was a bit flustered when she don’t know what to respond when she receive a smile like that.

“Here your shoes.” Minhyuk said and Jihye slowly bend down to put it on.

“Why are you always being so nice to me when I keep treating all of you like a jerk?” she said when it hard for her to accept all this kindness from a people that she wasn’t expecting.

“Because we are nice people, that’s why.” Jooehoen reply sarcastically.

“So I’m a bad people then?”

Her question had actually make them turn speechless when they don’t know how to answer to that. They must be extra careful this time or you might blow up again.

Looking at how the situation is has force Jooehoen to say something nice, he went to sit beside Jihye and spontaneously land his arm around you like a really close friend would do “No, because that’s is just the way you are.”

Jihye irritatingly look at him and almost lost herself there, “What?”

“Nice job Jooehoen.” Minhyuk said disappointedly when he heard how honest Jooehoen is.

“You are a bad people Oh Jihye, a rude girl who don’t know how to be thankful to the people who had save your life.”

Hyungwon who is known for his bold reaction make short comment on his way to the living room. He make sure it loud enough to be heard by you and just like he wanted you are fury with anger right now.

“Don’t mind him, you know how Hyungwon is right? He probably just too tired about yesterday.” Minhyuk explain it nicely after he can see the changes in your eyes.

“And what’s that got to do with me!”

You said furiously with your hand busy finishing tying your shoelace.

“Don’t you remember? The Ruler gang almost kidnap you yesterday, if it not for IM, Hyungwon and Mina you might not be here by now.”

You’re almost way through but you suddenly stop when you heard him. You are honestly forget about yesterday, well, thanks to Minhyuk you are able to recall back the incident that you get yourself into. However, you doesn’t remember that much after suddenly the man in a black suit come and force you to get into his car. They cupped your mouth with a small towel which you believe contain something on it until it successfully make you unconscious for the whole day.

“One more thing, what you doing out there by yourself Jihye?” Joohoen ask and it put you into an awkward position.

You finally done with your shoes and stand up nervously, ready yourself to give a reply.

“I just want a fresh air that’s all.” You said with avoiding their eyes. It a total lie but you can’t bring up yourself to speak out the truth.

To avoid any more questions you quickly went up ahead leaving those two behind. They still hesitating after hearing you just now but because the school are about to start the decided to believe you.

“You got IM’s bag on you right?” Joohoen said and remind Minhyuk for the last time. “Oh my, I almost forgot.” Minhyuk rushed back inside and ran as fast as he could to get it.

You clearly heard everything and slowly turn your head to face Jooehoen.

“Where’s IM?”

 

 

 

You arrive at school just in time so you don’t need to rush that much. The sun is shine brightly on the sky like it was telling you that today is going to be a good day. Walking next to Minhyuk and Jooehoen are not that awkward like before, and you still doesn’t like it that much but at least you can slowly adapt to it.

You sigh as you are about to enter the school building. It not because you are tired or everything is just because your cramp are still there.

“Hey!” Minhyuk suddenly lift his hand as if he was calling for someone.

Both you and Jooehoen quickly turn to see who and it is actually IM who is standing not too far from you.

Your eyes are getting rounder because you didn’t expect to see him right now.

“Prepare to me an answer about why you sneakily follow me today, I’ll ask you back tomorrow.”

His words suddenly come to your head and you are not ready to give him the answer yet.

The clock is ticking, your heart is beating and IM is getting closer.

You gently tap Jooehoen shoulder and said “I- I need to go to the ladies room, I-I’ll see you in class.

Once you tell Jooehoen you quickly run inside and hide besides the door. You sneakily take a look from the glass window and sigh in relief when you are able to go away right before you meet him.

“Hey, this is your bag.” Minhyuk hand it over and IM takes it and put it on his shoulder. “Thanks man.”

“How’s your medical checkup?” Jooehoen asks.

“Everything was fine. Don’t worry.” He reply.

Minhyuk happily wrap his hands around IM and drag him to walk together inside, he was actually worried about IM but now he can finally sigh in relief knowing that IM is perfectly fine.

However, after the first step was taken Minhyuk suddenly stop and started to look around, he is probably looking for you but no matter how many times he had been searching you are still couldn’t be found so he decides to turn and ask Joohoen.

“Where’s Jihye

 

 

You manage to arrive in class without any of those boys around you. This is useless, you knew it already. Now or later, you still going to meet IM no matter how much you try to run away from him. Even so, you still doing it repeatedly and look like it won’t stop until you feel it enough.

This morning the class is noisier than ever, students are all over the place and it hard to walk through them with the tiny space among the tables and the chairs. However, even with those large crowd you can still detect where exactly Mina is. She was there sitting on her place quietly with her hand won’t stop writing and her face looking a bit anxious than usual.

With your bag still hanging on your back, you come at her and snatch her pen away from her grip. She was shocked of course, with her eyes rounded and mouth open, she slam her desk and quickly look up.

“I’m totally going to tell Mrs Park that you still haven’t finish her assignment that she gave last week.” You said and jokingly threaten her.

“OMG! OH JIHYE YOU!”

She almost lost her temper there, but right after she see your face it turn into a big hug instead.

“Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?” she come forwards and spun you to check. It getting dizzier so you put your hand on her shoulder to stop her from doing that.

“I’m fine, stop it.”

“I was so worried, I call your house last night, and they said you haven’t wake up yet.” Mina continue and because how happy she is right now had make her completely forget about the pen and her undone assignment.

“That was last night alright, well, I’ve still feel the cramp crawling through my body, but I was fine really.” You explain it to her and finish it with a smile so she won’t get that worried anymore.

“But wait.” You said and make Mina feel nervous of all the sudden. “What?”

“Is it true that you are one of my life savior yesterday? I mean… how?”

“It a long story, actually its not that long, but who cares, as long you are save. But really Jihye, why did you cancel our movie time, did you already promise someone or anything? And why you didn’t inform any of them that you are going out?”

Listening to Mina’s questions making you speechless. She was asking like nonstop and it impossible to run away from her or making out a lie. You had enough of lying and Mina is like the last person on your list to lie to. She had been through a lot for the sake of your life and its going to be a bit unfair if you treating her like that.

For a while there, you didn’t say a word. You are fighting with yourself, thinking, about telling her truth about your disappearance. But the questions is can she accept it after hearing everything?

“Answer me Oh Jihye.” Mina repeat herself.

You look at her eyes, and finally after a moment of silence, you finally find the guts to let it all out.

“To tell you truth, actually I –“

“Mina-shiiiii!” Minhyuk’s voice suddenly ringing in the class with her hand is waving happily towards her who are standing not too far from him.

 

 

 

“Oh, crap.”

 

 

 

“Guys!” Mina welcome them happily with her wide smile as they are coming near.

“Are you okay Mina? You’re not hurt right?” Joohoen asks.

“Yeah, as you can see, no one is getting hurt I think and look like IM is looking fine too” She said when she saw IM is standing there healthily.

“But Miss Jihye looking a bit hurt though, she was unconscious for the whole night.” Minhyuk voiced out his worriedness.

“Really? But she looks okay to me, right Jihye?”  Mina turn her body to see you but you are already gone. “Jihye?” Mina call your name again but you leave it unanswered. Actually, after you saw those three coming, you quickly went under down the table to hide yourself from them.

 

 

 

Recess come and you together with Mina are going to the cafeteria as usual to eat. Finish with putting the food on the tray, it’s time to look for an empty table to dig in. However, because you went down late due to the some circumstances, many of the table are already full.

Thankfully, Minhyuk saw you from a far, so he raise his hand calling you to come and sit at his place instead. You try to ignore him, but it was too late when Mina already went to the front. Like it or not, in the end you finally need to sit at the same table with them because it impossible to look for an empty seat right now.

The situation become much worst when you end up sitting exactly in front of IM. It was the most nerve wrecking moment of the day. You was like running away, avoiding and hiding from him for the whole time but now you actually sitting in front of him like nothing happened.

The situation become a bit awkward for a moment there but thanks to the cheerful Minhyuk, the tension had been able cool down. But not for you though. You just sit there quietly with your head down and finishing your food without saying anything.

You can feel IM staring at you since the beginning but you are trying to ignore him as much as you can.

“Miss Jihye.” Minhyuk suddenly call out your name and make all the eyes at the table turn at you.

It surprises you of course but acting cool right now is the best decision so they won’t notice the real thing that’s going on there. “Y-yeah?”

“There are carrot on your dishes, can you eat that? You hate carrot don’t you.” he continue.

Listening to him, make you realize that there are actually carrot on your plate. Just like he said, veggie is not your cup of tea and carrot is like the last thing that you would eat. It doesn’t blend well with your taste bud so that’s why you hate it.

You didn’t notice it at all that they put veggies on your tray, because if your turn come after the long line you will definitely tell them ‘no veggie please’. It’s unbelievable that you forget to do it today.

“Oh yeah…” you said and quickly put it away.

“IM can eat it for you, right buddy? He can eat anything.” Minhyuk said and continue finishing his food after giving out his fantastic idea.

Nope, it was a terrible idea actually, at least for you.

“Put it there.” IM suddenly reach out his spoon at you and tell you to give the carrot to him.

With that kind of attitude had make you fluster. Actually, you can just give out the carrot to him and that’s it, problem solve. But what interesting is that, you seem like you can’t manage to do it.

IM still loyally reach out his spoon for you, waiting for you to give the carrot but of course you won’t do that.

“Nope, actually carrot is pretty good.” In the end, surprisingly, you torture yourself by eating the unwanted carrot. It taste horrible. You just want to vomit it out right now, but it going to look disgusting so you decided to force yourself and swallow it down.

“Jihye…are you okay?” Jooehoen asks you worriedly when he saw your face start frowning.

Mina who is sitting next to you help you by patting your back when you are suddenly coughing non-stop. She look worried that for sure. But deep inside, she can notice something is not right there. She know that you are not acting like your real self. There’s no way you would eat that ‘thing’.

 

 

 

Recess is almost over but you can’t bring yourself to enter the classroom. All those hiding and running had tire you off so you decided to go and get some fresh air.

The best place for that of course is your favorite spot which is the school rooftop. Whenever problem come or situation turn hard you always went there so you can have had some peace alone, relaxing and cooling your mind before going back to the real life.

On your way there, you are busy gargling yourself with water to wash away the taste of the carrot that you had eaten before. Not only that, you are also chewing and eating candy to remove it completely from your tongue.

“Good job Jihye, you almost kill yourself there.” You are mumbling to yourself with your leg busy climbing the stairs.

Finally you reach your destination. The door is a bit old, so you need to put some energy while pushing it. So you do just like you always do and after some struggle, the door is manage to be open.

Right after you take you first step outside, the wind start blowing like crazy. The wind is not like usual today and the candy packages that you have on your hand are flying all over the place.

After a few seconds, the wind finally return to normal, it not that wild anymore and you quickly fix your hair which had being messy all over your face.

With the sight is not that blurry anymore, you went forward to pick up the trash that you had done before the wind start attacking again.

However, your step stop.

Something unexpected had appear before of your eyes and you almost die of the surprises.

Believe it or not, Sera and IM is standing in front of you hugging each other, looking closer than ever.

You were freeze on spot and many emotions start coming and attacking you at once.

“Oh. Jihye?” Sera slowly let her hand go from IM and turn her body to face you.

IM who got not idea that you are actually there witnessing everything also start turning his head to see.

“Is something wrong?”

 She smirk.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait everyone :(